Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

New Tinted Permit - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Tinted Permit (22346 Views)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tinted Permit by fishaboi(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2016
Was a NIN (National ID Number) required?
Re: New Tinted Permit by DealMogul(m): 7:17am On Mar 10, 2016
mcgaius:

Please what is your name,address and phone number so that i can see how to assist you

Like you REALLY need it huh? See this learner
Re: New Tinted Permit by DealMogul(m): 7:22am On Mar 10, 2016
diehard:
I did mine in port harcourt in January but collected it last week. I tried collecting it a month after but they told me several times to come back when I receive an sums that it was completed. I went online and checked to confirm the status and saw that it was approved and collected. I printed it out and went to their office. They gave me the permit without hassle immediately.

Great info, @poster. I believe the OP will find this useful.

I'm not in support of paying for something that is free. It is just unfortunate that we let ourselves down in Nigeria...The IG in his infinite wisdom declares "Tinted permit is free" but fails to eliminate bottlenecks and human factors that encourage corruption and ways to up-end the system. There will always be people willing to sidetrack the system to make some buck by the side, but careful organisation will reduce this to a minimum at least.

We need to do better!
Re: New Tinted Permit by megaik: 7:28am On Mar 10, 2016
gare:

I have commenced the process of obtaining the New tinted permit being issued by the police, having going through all the processes of online registration and Bio-metric capturing I am still yet to get my New tinted permit, we have been made to understand that this process is free and you are meant to get it almost immediately with confirmation to interview I watched and i believe several others watched from AIT and Channels TV where the Police said that after all the process is completed the New Permit will be printed for you, but in Port Harcourt we are made to understand that it was sent to Abuja for approval, by the way I am based in Port Harcourt, it is over a Month since I started the process. And we where made to understand that the whole process is free, but a friend of mine i met said he paid N10,000 for the process and the reason why ours is not coming out is because we are not parting or paying anything.

The reason why i want this out in the public is for people to know what they intend to do with this whole process pf new permit, if the police want us to pay for it they should come out formally and make us pay in banks and not into peoples pocket, I do hope the Government and EFCC are watching what is going on in the Police Force, IGP this is your innovation and your officer are going about collecting money from people, since you have said it is free, you must ensure that its free, not just saying it, machinery should be put in place to see that it is free, if by the I am as of this moment pleading with the force to release my permit because I do not have any money to give to anybody, if we so desire change in this nation we should act it and let it be part of our everyday life, times are hard in this country and they should not add to it

The IGP came up yesterday that he intends to put a stop on things like this happening in the police he should that all this stops, I have completed my process in PHC since last month, please they force should ensure I get my Permit.

The painful part is a police officer in moscow road convinced me to pay 11,500 for both making an applicationn and verifying your plate number as well as fast process but its now one week, i never capture. I still dey watch the guy cuz he still doesnt know what i can do to him yet...
Infact am heading to that Moscow road again this morning, i don vex!
Re: New Tinted Permit by chukyrooy(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2016
debola23:
Most cars, nowadays, come with factory fitted tinted permit so it's not like anyone has an ulterior motive for having tinted glass.

I did mine in PH on the 9 th of Feb, though we weren't asked to drop something outrightly, it was done in another manner.
After applying online, we got to Moscow road with our print out and they said we have to write a letter and make copies of some ofnour documents.
The letter of course has to be typed and signed. Ofcourse they offered to "help" us type the letter with a small something.
We paid 2k for the printing of the letters, it was later on when we were about to do the biometrics that I overheard one of them saying, no, just dump d letters wherr the others are there. Its our own inhouse thing that we added to the whole process.

Pls I did mine about the same time. Mine is still awaiting approval, wanted to know if you have gotten yours?
Re: New Tinted Permit by Acebar(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2016
In this country, nothing absolutely is free, I did mine in Anambra and I paid a token as well. I guess the money went into their TSA. (Trousers Single Account ) grin
Re: New Tinted Permit by megaik: 8:05am On Mar 10, 2016
debola23:
Most cars, nowadays, come with factory fitted tinted permit so it's not like anyone has an ulterior motive for having tinted glass.

I did mine in PH on the 9 th of Feb, though we weren't asked to drop something outrightly, it was done in another manner.
After applying online, we got to Moscow road with our print out and they said we have to write a letter and make copies of some ofnour documents.
The letter of course has to be typed and signed. Ofcourse they offered to "help" us type the letter with a small something.
We paid 2k for the printing of the letters, it was later on when we were about to do the biometrics that I overheard one of them saying, no, just dump d letters wherr the others are there.
Its our own inhouse thing
that we added to the whole process.

The "Its our own inhouse thing" is what i want please.
Re: New Tinted Permit by metorichmond(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha, this guy u no well. Lwkm ooooooo. Bros easy na
cybriz82:
Shey na by force to do am? Who send u? Why u cme dey tell us? Shey u go carry me with ur tinted motor n tyre if u see me for road? U wan do tinted so dat u go fit dey bleep people daughters inside ur tinted motor abi? U will never get dat tinted permit isha allah.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by tommysparks: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2016
Call police CRU with details of those that asked for the bribe, 0805 700 0002complaints response unit
gare:

I have commenced the process of obtaining the New tinted permit being issued by the police, having going through all the processes of online registration and Bio-metric capturing I am still yet to get my New tinted permit, we have been made to understand that this process is free and you are meant to get it almost immediately with confirmation to interview I watched and i believe several others watched from AIT and Channels TV where the Police said that after all the process is completed the New Permit will be printed for you, but in Port Harcourt we are made to understand that it was sent to Abuja for approval, by the way I am based in Port Harcourt, it is over a Month since I started the process. And we where made to understand that the whole process is free, but a friend of mine i met said he paid N10,000 for the process and the reason why ours is not coming out is because we are not parting or paying anything.

The reason why i want this out in the public is for people to know what they intend to do with this whole process pf new permit, if the police want us to pay for it they should come out formally and make us pay in banks and not into peoples pocket, I do hope the Government and EFCC are watching what is going on in the Police Force, IGP this is your innovation and your officer are going about collecting money from people, since you have said it is free, you must ensure that its free, not just saying it, machinery should be put in place to see that it is free, if by the I am as of this moment pleading with the force to release my permit because I do not have any money to give to anybody, if we so desire change in this nation we should act it and let it be part of our everyday life, times are hard in this country and they should not add to it

The IGP came up yesterday that he intends to put a stop on things like this happening in the police he should that all this stops, I have completed my process in PHC since last month, please they force should ensure I get my Permit.
Re: New Tinted Permit by habsydiamond(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Police!!!! Who will hang bail is free for up and still dey demand bail money. When it comes to police nothing is free. Even when it comes to moving in ur car u still have to pay to pass a checkpoint.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by mamawin(f): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2016
cybriz82:
Shey na by force to do am? Who send u? Why u cme dey tell us? Shey u go carry me with ur tinted motor n tyre if u see me for road? U wan do tinted so dat u go fit dey bleep people daughters inside ur tinted motor abi? U will never get dat tinted permit isha allah.
why in Allah's name would you add insha Allah to d rubbish you wrote? cars come with tinted glass, u shud know, well maybe not
Re: New Tinted Permit by pretts(f): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2016
Some cars come with factory fitted tinted glass...especially SUVs.
missKiffy:
gare why do you want a tinted glass
Re: New Tinted Permit by tonnelo: 10:24am On Mar 10, 2016
Even the tinted permit wey I apply for my new keke since 1914 I never see naija is full kworoption
Re: New Tinted Permit by afroxyz: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please can someone still.apply for the permit after the 18th?
Re: New Tinted Permit by nuelyoyo(m): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
cybriz82:
why are u so pained and frustrated?
Re: New Tinted Permit by VANENON(f): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
I faced same issue.
Imagine the policeman there asking me for N20,000 if i want the application attended to and moved speedily, when we were told its free.
I jejely left the papers there and told myself any day they call me I will go for bio-metrics capture.

The government needs to put in place laws that protect the masses not laws that empower the police to steal from people.
The timeline is too short creating a perfect enabling environment for extortion..

SMH, PMB Please we need new generation think tanks with sharp minds to move this nation forward.
Re: New Tinted Permit by nosanaira: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
HA
Re: New Tinted Permit by leuelliot(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
did everything from the comfort of my home, went to submit my documents yesterday, and i was told to come back for biometrics when i get an sms
Re: New Tinted Permit by yemisolar(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
leuelliot:
did everything from the comfort of my home, went to submit my documents yesterday, and i was told to come back for biometrics when i get an sms

Pls where did you drop it? I was told to go look o kam Salem in obalende
Re: New Tinted Permit by leuelliot(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
yemisolar:

Pls where did you drop it? I was told to go look o kam Salem in obalende

Force headquarters Moscow road PHC
Re: New Tinted Permit by cybriz82(m): 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Den why u no buy d ones wey get tinted glass? Shey na by force to use tinted glass when black nylon full everywhere...
Re: New Tinted Permit by cybriz82(m): 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Who b dis oga ade abeg? Did I say allah shud push knock into ur skull?
Re: New Tinted Permit by cybriz82(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hahaahaha..me pain n kini Oloun maje.bro dis tin funny somehow sha.shey u knw see say d car no get tinted glass b4 u buy am? Y boda urself nau u dnt need tinted glass wen u cn get a dark gogle for 150naira.
Re: New Tinted Permit by cybriz82(m): 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mumuni how far..shey na me u write dis novel for? Y waste ur talent here when u cn write n mek money.by d way u dey get mouth to call me names cus I never kill u b4 abi?person wey get motor no attack me na u wey still dey plan to buy bycicle for d past 8yrs nw see how u get my time.
Re: New Tinted Permit by ospreywin(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
HOW TO CONFIRM THE GENUINENESS OF YOUR TINT PERMIT
Getting a tint permit is one thing and getting the original one is another thing entirely, there are several ways you can confirm your tinted glass permit if it's fake or not:
1. BARCODE: Original tint permit do comes with a barcode printed on it which carries your informations like name of owner, vehicle registration, chassis number, make of vehicle... If you get a permit without these informations correlating with your registered informations then it's fake!
2. VERIFICATION PORTAL: There's always a link on the barcode below your informations which will redirect you to your verification portal, copy the link and paste in your browser to verify your application status. This way you're sure it's original permit but if the link doesn't work then it's fake.
3. SIGNATURE: Sometimes it's always confusing to know if you're holding an original document in Nigeria cos fake ones always look better and appealing than the original, check the signature on your permit if it's fainted or bold... Fainted signatures shows they are scanned and edited which is likely to be a fake one but the bold and vibrant means it is authentic.
4. APPLICATION ID: During the pre-registration, you will be issued an application Id to log in to your portal with your email, if you still have the application Id and mail you can use that to verify your permit but since the print out is done at the force headquarter also, this might be challenging.
These are the ways you can verify your permits.. If you need a tint permit stress and hassle free, you can whatsapp or call 08144476474

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / Man Crashed A 3-wheeled Car With A Gyrocopter While Trying To Make It Fly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.