Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved (3586 Views)

GTB Vs Zenith Bank, Which Bank Is Better? / GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2016
21st September 2015 had me at the Ojoo Ibadan access bank atm on a queue. The bank has 3 atms outside. From the left the first was not working, the middle had no cash and thus the only queue was the one on the right. When it was almost my turn, a technician who was working on the first atm said it was now working and so I went to try it out (guess I was the guinea pig).

My withdrawal request for N5000 (five thousand naira) ended with the machine counting cash but did not dispense it and I got an alert that my account was debited. A bank staff outside asked me to fill a dispense error form on my bank (GTB) 's website. I then took my turn moments later and made a successful withdrawal for N6000 (six thousand naira) on the third machine - I intentionally made the amount different.

On the 23rd September 2015 I made the dispense error complaint but till this day the case is yet to be resolved. After 4 months access bank finally sent pictures to gtb of the atm capture but there was none with me with cash.

In between this I had gone to access bank in Ojoo Ibadan to see the bank manager to verify with their CCTV as well as ATM cameras as to whether it was machine error or human interference that made the money not to dispense in an area under his jurisdiction but he was not interested as he said it was the duty of my bank to resolve my issue for me. Funny that according to gtb, access bank did not provide said evidence for over 4 months. It was only after I told the cardservices rep I was going to include gtb in a civil suit for negligence if i was to raise legal action on access bank that in 48hrs later they sent the pictures of the transaction.

Now with the picture evidence I can now ask if for access bank that was their defense
1. Where is the picture of the money
2. None too soon after my failed transaction was that same ATM machine used even though there was picture evidence of a long queue on third machine
3. Why would I have made a N6000 transaction moments later on the third atm machine if the N5000 on the first was successful
4. Why not use their Ojoo CCTV to backup their claim as the overhead camera covers all 3 machines and immediate environs

My two transactions

21Sep2015|5000| -322010- -000000000000993 OJOO B IBADAN NG |9999322010
21Sep2015|6000| -330972- -000000000000994 OJOO B IBADAN NG |9999330972

At the end GTB last correspondence is "Kindly note that you are required to report the issue to the appropriate Law Enforcement Agency."

Anyways I would be forwarding my complaint with a document of my correspondence with gtb cardservices to CPC as well as CBN emails. Would update as I get more correspondence.

So from your experience as a bank customer which of these two nigerian banks has my money?
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by derrick333(m): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2016
Nigerians! Go straight to d point nsted u de list num of d ATM way de work n d 1way no de work, u for list d num of pipo way de d queue so ur story go long Wela,wit irrelevant tinz tongue go to customer's care
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2016
derrick333:
Nigerians! Go straight to d point nsted u de list num of d ATM way de work n d 1way no de work, u for list d num of pipo way de d queue so ur story go long Wela,wit irrelevant tinz tongue go to customer's care

Hi dear,

It was only after I told the cardservices rep I was going to include gtb in a civil suit for negligence if i was to raise legal action on access bank that in 48hrs later they sent the pictures of the transaction.

At the end GTB last correspondence is "Kindly note that you are required to report the issue to the appropriate Law Enforcement Agency."

Anyways I would be forwarding my complaint with a document of my correspondence with gtb cardservices to CPC as well as CBN emails. Would update with as I get more correspondence.

Local GTB customer care seat said even with the evidence that there was no picture of me with money there was nothing he could do as cardservices would be the one to resolve it.

Cheers luv.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by colossus2: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Your bank has your money.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
As promised to update, I got the below message from access bank customer care on twitter

Access Bank Help
@accessbank_help
@mywebsitegarage Hi, your non dispense is currently being looked into and should be reversed soon. Apologies for the delay.

Anyways it is still too soon to say the fault lies with any party but I do know I am still standing in from of that access bank atm (htpothetically) awaiting when it vomits my N5000 cash. Will update more as I get more.

Currently I have emailed

cpd@cbn.gov.ng
complaints@globalbankissues.com

As soon as I am done with this post I would forward same to CPC as well as the EFCC.

Cheers all.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
I have been emailed by gtbank Complaints@gtbank.com

Please be informed that the footage viewed by your goodself was what was provided by the acquiring Bank on the said transaction.
Kindly note that you are required to report the issue to the appropriate Law Enforcement Agency e.g ( EFCC, NDLEA ) etc.

I just copied CPC with details and correspondence. Next on to EFCC
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
alright, just did EFCC. any more unit required to be made aware? please give me their contact. thanks all
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
Just got a call from access bank twitter customer care department and it was acknowledged they would be refunding me as the fault was a machine error from their end. The guy apologised and as for me apology accepted though I am still waiting with my hand at the atm dispense tray till tomorrow afternoon when he promised the reverse would have been made.

Will contact you all as it goes. Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
and on twitter

Access Bank Help
@accessbank_help
@mywebsitegarage Hi, as discussed kindly send us a DM tomorrow afternoon if your account is yet to be credited. Thanks
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by Macwytt(m): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
derrick333:

After wailing, you still did not answer his questions?

Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
The CPC email address is

contact@cpc.gov.ng
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by derrick333(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
Macwytt:

Smh
So Asking him to go to customer's care won't help abi?? Dats 9jà 4u
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Macwytt:

Smh

Thanks for bringing that up once again. Let me answer with my prior correspondence with access bank itself.

On twitter
https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Faccessbank_help%2Fstatus%2F699224321298997248%3Fcn%3DcmVwbHk%253D%26refsrc%3Demail&t=1&cn=cmVwbHk%3D&sig=276322e3bea40071d3f0d1b68a7404b43a127c70&iid=134fffa6adfd4fac8ea3dfb5ad946dfe&uid=108715847&nid=27+1489
Access Bank Help ‏@accessbank_help
2:30 PM - 15 Feb 2016
@mywebsitegarage Hi, Please visit GTbank for the investigation and resolution of the non-dispense complaint. Thanks

On facebook message
• Akinrinola Temitayo Oluwafemi
Hi, I have an account with access ad well as gtb. Had a dispense error at Access bank Ojo branch with my GTB card but since September 2015 I am yet to be to be refunded. According to GTB, access bank has been stonewalling with refusing to provide video surveilance of the event. I am at my wits end now and am about to contact both CPC as wel as CBN witha comprehensive complaint against access but since GTB has been the only conterpart I have been communicating with I feel I should at least jump that protocol and imform you ahead. If you do feel interested in following up on this I can forwards all transcript with gtb from start to finish to you. I wish this issue resolved and know who exactly moved money from my account without crediting it.
2/15, 2:43pm
Access Bank
Hi Akinrinola Temitayo Oluwafemi, please liaise with your bank as they will assist you to resolve it. Thank you

2/15, 2:47pm
Akinrinola Temitayo Oluwafemi
Thank you, that's all I need to hear.
bye

At the Ojoo branch of access bank where the incident happened
In between this I had gone to access bank in Ojoo Ibadan to see the bank manager to verify with their CCTV as well as ATM cameras as to whether it was machine error or human interference that made the money not to dispense in an area under his jurisdiction but he was not interested as he said it was the duty of my bank to resolve my issue for me.

This is not about irregular ranting but on a journey to prove the efficiency of using social media on solving banking ills. Alternative to this is going to court and claiming higher damages after bullshitting a reputable bank both in the judicial house and open press. Step by step I stated my journey and I have in less than one day achieved a lot more than over 5 mths of bickering up and down with my bank. Obvious nothing would have happened if access bank decided to be stubborn and keep posting trash to gtb.

Some ones would have a lot to say now that due process can be put in play. This is the change we need.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
In addition Macwytt, I have a 17 paged document comprising my correspondence with gtb services I have been compiling which covers over 5 months of to and fro dialogue that did not yield anything but just a single thread on nairaland and following through with members' recommendations was able to achieve much in less than 12 hours.

Even the same access bank twitter desk that told me to go back to gtb is trying hard to rectify things now after I am following suit with what gtb recommended. For a bank telling a customer to report another bank to Law enforcement means they've also have about had it up to their necks with them.

This is not about crushing a major bank but putting a stop on bad practices. Anyways it is my money and spending it as I wish on Kamo is my prerogative as well as any method I decide to use in getting it back.

Cheers
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by lordmayor4(m): 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
It's well my brother.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by vizboy(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Am currently having same problem with both Access bank and Gtbank.

I did A transfer Using my Access Mobile App to a Gtbank Account. About was 5200 + bank charge 100 making A Total of 5300.

I was Debited Only for the person to say she didn't get the cash and has even gone to her bank to get her bank statement. And the transfer was not there called Access bank Lot of time and they keep telling me the money was transferred but still the person didn't get it.

Well it seems If you don't start a social media campaign against them they wouldn't do anything. I think It time I alert the required agencies (Cbn efcc cpc) for my matter to be resolved.

I don't just know what is wrong with these banks.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
vizboy heeya pele dear. try calling Dunsi the access bank twitter guy on 012802500 and let's hear what he has to say. But I believe you both have to raise a ticket from your respective customer care ends first before calling him if there is no headway. Share the updates let's hear how it goes.

Cheers
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Account not yet refunded, would contact the twitter contact as requested.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Finally credit alert came in at 1.15pm for the refund of N5000 back into my account.

Proof
OTHER TRANSACTION MC N/ATM/DISP/ERR/STAN-322010-10441841-092115-236291052

I would at this point thank the access bank contact Dunsi for his involvement in verifying my claims as well as seeing it through till my money was given back to me. He made several calls and had to work through the bureaucracy of the banking system to finally have access bank give me back my due. Also appreciation goes to Koolking and lordmayor4 for their valuable advice and support so far.

A few markers for access bank to take note of

1. When gtb contacted access bank for evidence of payment a staff sent over pictures of the transaction without any actual snapshot of me receiving money from the atm. This staff should be queried for ineffectiveness in verification or intent to defraud me. Also why it took so long.

2. I do not know how far the Ojoo branch manager could be held accountable but when a company is being informed of a possible flaw in its operations I believe a prudent administrator should be interested in protecting the image of the company he/she works except outright lackadaisical attitude is the order of the day there.

3. If I had not pursued my money thus far what would have been the end location so far? Access bank aa well all banks in general should look into monies that are in its system illegally.

I would be copying the agencies involved that this issue has finally been resolved.

To all followers of this thread so far it is a message that you can do anything if you try and keep at it. The nigeria of today is not the same as that of yesterday. Change and transformation has come to stay.

Thanks for reading, wishing you well - Teemy

1 Like

Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by Koolking(m): 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
teemy:
Finally credit alert came in at 1.15pm for the refund of N5000 back into my account.

Proof
OTHER TRANSACTION MC N/ATM/DISP/ERR/STAN-322010-10441841-092115-236291052

I would at this point thank the access bank contact Dunsi for his involvement in verifying my claims as well as seeing it through till my money was given back to me. He made several calls and had to work through the bureaucracy of the banking system to finally have access bank give me back my due. Also appreciation goes to Koolking and lordmayor4 for their valuable advice and support so far.

A few markers for access bank to take note of

1. When gtb contacted access bank for evidence of payment a staff sent over pictures of the transaction without any actual snapshot of me receiving money from the atm. This staff should be queried for ineffectiveness in verification or intent to defraud me.

2. I do not know how far the Ojoo branch manager could be held accountable but when a company is being informed of a possible flaw in its operations I believe a prudent administrator should be interested in protecting the image of the company he/she works except outright lackadaisical attitude is the order of the day there.

3. If I had not pursued my money thus far what would have been the end location so far? Access bank aa well all banks in general should look into monies that are in its system illegally.

I would be copying the agencies involved that this issue has finally been resolved.

To all followers of this thread so far it is a message that you can do anything if you try and keep at it. The nigeria of today is not the same as that of yesterday. Change has come to stay.

Thanks for reading and wishing you well - Teemy

Congratulations bro. I salute your doggedness to ensure your money is refunded. There are far too many embarrassing illegalities at the banks, perpetrate by everyday people like us.

We will never experience real change we are all yearning for until each and everyone of us changed our attitude.

Cheers and live well

2 Likes

Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Koolking:

Congratulations bro. I salute your doggedness to ensure your money is refunded. There are far too many embarrassing illegalities at the banks, perpetrate by everyday people like us.
We will never experience real change we are all yearning for until each and everyone of us changed our attitude.
Cheers and live well
I can now say the atm has vomited my money but I am left with mixed feelings if this was a victory or just a consolation. Well, the interpretation is left to each reader. At the very least one good thing was achieved and hope to many more bank users.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
To balance all ends I have sent an update to the agencies I emailed earlier in the week that my issue has been satisfactorily resolved.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 7:27am On Feb 28, 2016
Global Bank Issues responded

Hello Tayo,

Its good to know your money has been refunded.

GBINetwork Team had to follow up with GTBank and Access Bank on the issue (http://www.globalbankissues.com/2016/02/gtbank-nigeria-access-bank-atm-debit-on.html) and good to know they have acted on this.

Regards,

Global Banking Issues Network (GBINetwork) Team
www.globalbankissues.com

www.gidicomplaints.com

Promoting effective customer service in the banking industry
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by yemi2plus(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
Congratulations.

EFCC don't handle cases below 10million naira and couldn't have been helpful when you contacted them.

I once faced an issue with my bank though my case was a foreign transaction I did on PayPal. For three months, the bank refused to resolve the issue until I involved ****. Guess what, the issue was resolved in less than 72hours with an apology from the bank.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
thanks yemi2plus, would keep that in mind when pursuing any other case in the future (hopefully not lolz).
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by damoceile: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2020
Hello I just had this same issue with gtbank yesterday 30 July 2020 at 4:30pm at their branch in dugbe Ibadan, I know its not yet the stipulated 24hrs I was told my money will be reversed cos i tried to withdraw ₦19000 with a gtbank card via gtbank atm, I was debited but the atm didn't dispense money for me waited for close to 20mins bfr the atm finally ejected my card and started displaying out of service. Pls incase they don't eventually reverse it bcs their was a public holiday yesterday, today(being eid El kabr) and there is the weekend so I know I will have to wait till Monday to go over to make complaints.... Pls what are the necessary procedure to go through to fast track the reversal as this is my salary for the just ended month of July and I need it urgently to sort out myself.
Re: GTB Or Access Bank, Which Of These Two Has My Money? - Resolved by teemy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2020
damoceile:
Hello I just had this same issue with gtbank yesterday 30 July 2020 at 4:30pm at their branch in dugbe Ibadan, I know its not yet the stipulated 24hrs I was told my money will be reversed cos i tried to withdraw ₦19000 with a gtbank card via gtbank atm, I was debited but the atm didn't dispense money for me waited for close to 20mins bfr the atm finally ejected my card and started displaying out of service. Pls incase they don't eventually reverse it bcs their was a public holiday yesterday, today(being eid El kabr) and there is the weekend so I know I will have to wait till Monday to go over to make complaints.... Pls what are the necessary procedure to go through to fast track the reversal as this is my salary for the just ended month of July and I need it urgently to sort out myself.

If it is a non gtbank atm you used, there is a chance it might take longer.

You may call them on their details here https://twitter.com/gtbank/status/796286931105628160?lang=en

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Yogurt Packaging Machine For Production / So None Of You Wants To Teach Me Online Betting Abi / Heritage Mall At Dugbe Ibadan,oyo State Burn Beyond Recognition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.