Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture (843 Views)

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / 12 Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do And Consider Normal / 12 Things We Do Everyday That The Bible Forbids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture by ohhi: 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is a very controversial topic but I’m sure we have some scholars that can help us explain it further.

1) Checking babies out: 

Matthew 5:28
“But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in His heart

2) Braiding your hair:

1Timothy 2:9 
“likewise, I want women to adore themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. ”

3) Women speaking in church :

1corinthians 14:34
“let your woman keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law”.

4) Eating more than you have to: 

Proverbs 23:2
… And put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony”

5) Trimming your beard: 

leviticus 19:27
“Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard”

6) Gossiping about your colleagues:

leviticus 19:16
“Though shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among the people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor, I am the Lord”

7) Tattoos: 

leviticus 19:28
” ya shall not make any cuttings in the flesh of the dead, nor print any marks upon you, I am the Lord

Re: Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture by Last2comment(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lol... checking babies out.
Re: Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture by doomsdayII(m): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Whenever I go to an invited church where a woman is the lead pastor, I immediately turn back and walk to my ps4.
Why would a woman be preaching for the congregation? For Christ sake, they're the next thing to devil.
Re: Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture by DesChyko: 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
The bible is meant to guide, not to dictate.
The existence of choices means there must be room for tolerance.
Finally, the problems and demands of successful habitations in the society demands that some of those be met.
A peace-seeking person may have to give in to some of those at one point in time.
Re: Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture by DesChyko: 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
doomsdayII:
Why would a woman be preaching for the congregation? For Christ sake, they're the next thing to devil.

WRONG!
Your mother, at one point or the other, has directed yourself and your siblings spiritually and morally. The size of the congregation matters not, but the intent.

Maybe, God blessed me to have been meeting wonderful females all my life; I also believe the kind of person you are determines whom you attract. But all in all, the sins of the fathers should not be vested on the others.

You shouldn't paint womanfolk black with the evil paint of a minority few.
Re: Controversial Topithings The Bible Forbids But Has Now Become A Culture by CoolUsername: 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Last2comment:
Lol... checking babies out.
I hope those guys in the Vatican hear this!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Miraculously Captures Church Members Daughter Picture With An Ipad(video) / My Experience Today At Church. / Christianity-what Is Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.