Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Adesuwa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Adesuwa (1218 Views)

Is There Any Resemblance Between Adesuwa And My Girlfriend? / Adesuwa Etomi Wellington Slays In All Her Glory At The Premiere Of TWP2 / Wedding Party Couple: Bankyw & Adesuwa On Why They Waited A While. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adesuwa by uanda(m): 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
All Rights for this work is Reserved:

This work exclusively belongs to the author Uanda and is protected under copyright laws.

The Title, thoughts, plot, characters, settings, quotes and all its contents are properties of the author (TalkToLove Media).

This story is strictly for published for private reading only. No part of this work; either in parts or in whole should be reproduced in any format; electronic or otherwise by any website, blogs and social media pages without permission from the author. Violators will be prosecuted under the copyright laws of Nigeria.
Re: Adesuwa by yapapa: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
you OK?
Re: Adesuwa by uanda(m): 10:05am On Apr 05, 2016
Table for 4
ozila
coolval22
onihaxy
snakie86

Special guest for the VVIP seats
Hurklan
liljboy
jboixx
Ritababe
evathyst
Enigurl
IDFWU
dhamiylhola,
danyel09
pinkycute
tameera
stinggy
Henz24
PastorAji
sftw
kindtom
Nitefury
Snakie86
Drnoel
Hurklan
Pinkycute
Eniqurl
BeeBeeOoh
Danyel09
Hfinest1
Mhizblizz
nellyme,
missmossy
liljboy
kelvin3028,
preciousswett
pbs4real
longinus2706,
nobletitus
Blizzyblinkzy
Mimicious
Smhart1
Dioxidane
Nitefury
ademoladeji
ritababe
tunery004
ademoladeji
Hawlahscho
cherrybrown
evathyst
Hfinest1
dandypearl
kweencypresh
Re: Adesuwa by uanda(m): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2016
It was a cold harmattan morning in the middle of January. The sun had barely left its cradle, and the birds were stirring in their nests. Along the footpath leading to the village stream, only the strongest could be seen braving the bitter chill of the morning to fetch water for their families. Among them was Adesuwa. The eldest daughter of Chief and Mrs Omoregie, the eighteen year old beauty had just finished secondary school, managing to barely scrape enough credits to make her schooling worthwhile. To ward off the cold, most of the people on their way to the stream were chatting at the top of their voices to their friends accompanying them, but Adesuwa was silent. She had a lot on her mind and she didnt pay attention to the endless babble around her. There were many issues pressing for her attention and she allowed her feet to carry her along the familiar road as her mind drifted far away.

All seemed hopeless at home. Though her father was a traditional chief, there was little or nothing to show for it in terms of finances, as the family constantly were in te red, having to make do without proper food for days on end. It was a miracle that she had even managed to finish school as she barely ever had sufficient money to pay the paltry school fees the ill equipped school she attended charged. In the village where she was brought up, it was fashionable to marry as many wives as possible, but her father had only one wife, her mother, because he could not afford to marry another. Chief Omoregie was not a lazy man. He had inherited a decent plot of land from his father when he died a long time ago, and he had put his best efforts into it, but it seemed the fates had conspired gainst him. Year after year, his yield had grown smaller, while the size of his family haad become larger. Nowm Adesuwa was the eldest sister of eight boys.

All hope seemed to be on her to get a good job now that she had left school so she could support her parents and brothers, but she was in the village and job opportunities were limited. Her only hope now seemed to be to get married to a rich man and pull her family out of the mud, but that was the main thing troubling her mind. She was in love with Osas, a classmate from secondary school, and she had hoped to marry him, but her parents were arranding her marriage to an old chief, a man thrice her age, and who she knew she could never develop any feelings for. Her mother had told her times without number that she would grow to love him, but in her heart, she didnt believe that bfor one second. Her parents were only interested in her as an economic commodity to be sold to the highest bidder, and it didnt help matters that Osas was equally as poor as they were.

All these thoughts and more occupied her mind as she made her way to the stream, got her jerrycan filled with water and made the silent trek back home. She didnt follow the normal route which every other person followed, but took a longer road that would take her past the house of Osas her sweetheart. He stayed a little distance from her home, and she hoped she could see him briefly before she made the journey home, as she was already tired from carrying the jerrycan. When she got to his house, she made her way quietly to the window of the room he occupied and knocked. He was still sleeping and took some time to stir awake, and when he opened it, he was delighted to see her there. ''Ahn, sorry baby, let me open the door for you and help you with the water'' He told her as he shut the window and coming outside to where she stood smiling, he hefted the can of water off her head, setting it on the ground, and holding her hands, led her giggling into his room, bolting the door firmly.
Re: Adesuwa by cherrybrown(f): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
uanda:
Table for 4 ozila coolval22 onihaxy snakie86
Special guest for the VVIP seats Hurklan liljboy jboixx Ritababe evathyst Enigurl IDFWU dhamiylhola, danyel09 pinkycute tameera stinggy Henz24 PastorAji sftw kindtom Nitefury Snakie86 Drnoel Hurklan Pinkycute Eniqurl BeeBeeOoh Danyel09 Hfinest1 Mhizblizz nellyme, missmossy liljboy kelvin3028, preciousswett pbs4real longinus2706, nobletitus Blizzyblinkzy Mimicious Smhart1 Dioxidane Nitefury ademoladeji ritababe tunery004 ademoladeji Hawlahscho cherrybrown evathyst Hfinest1 dandypearl kweencypresh
Thank you
Re: Adesuwa by cherrybrown(f): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice one
Re: Adesuwa by nerdfrost(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
U no even mention my name undecided I no dey comment angry
Re: Adesuwa by liljboy(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
make I siddon see where this story dey go.....
Re: Adesuwa by Oyindebrah(f): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
Follows post.. lalasticlala this is looking interesting sha
Re: Adesuwa by Hawlahscho(m): 10:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
uanda:
Table for 4 ozila coolval22 onihaxy snakie86
Special guest for the VVIP seats Hurklan liljboy jboixx Ritababe evathyst Enigurl IDFWU dhamiylhola, danyel09 pinkycute tameera stinggy Henz24 PastorAji sftw kindtom Nitefury Snakie86 Drnoel Hurklan Pinkycute Eniqurl BeeBeeOoh Danyel09 Hfinest1 Mhizblizz nellyme, missmossy liljboy kelvin3028, preciousswett pbs4real longinus2706, nobletitus Blizzyblinkzy Mimicious Smhart1 Dioxidane Nitefury ademoladeji ritababe tunery004 ademoladeji Hawlahscho cherrybrown evathyst Hfinest1 dandypearl kweencypresh
CALL PICKED cool thanks. smiley
Re: Adesuwa by Hawlahscho(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
Following. I pray it's interesting as it seems.
Re: Adesuwa by dickoflife(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2016
Bleep, you no even add my name. I no go read am
Re: Adesuwa by Hurklan(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2016
continue...
Re: Adesuwa by hfinest1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
uanda:
Table for 4
ozila
coolval22
onihaxy
snakie86

Special guest for the VVIP seats
Hurklan
liljboy
jboixx
Ritababe
evathyst
Enigurl
IDFWU
dhamiylhola,
danyel09
pinkycute
tameera
stinggy
Henz24
PastorAji
sftw
kindtom
Nitefury
Snakie86
Drnoel
Hurklan
Pinkycute
Eniqurl
BeeBeeOoh
Danyel09
Hfinest1
Mhizblizz
nellyme,
missmossy
liljboy
kelvin3028,
preciousswett
pbs4real
longinus2706,
nobletitus
Blizzyblinkzy
Mimicious
Smhart1
Dioxidane
Nitefury
ademoladeji
ritababe
tunery004
ademoladeji
Hawlahscho
cherrybrown
evathyst
Hfinest1
dandypearl
kweencypresh
*runs into thread sweating like a pig* yeah, I'm here... oya come and continue o... now that the king is here, no dulling as regards updates

in other news, I've not seen evathyst around in a while
Re: Adesuwa by liljboy(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
hfinest1:
*runs into thread sweating like a pig* yeah, I'm here... oya come and continue o... now that the king is here, no dulling as regards updates

in other news, I've not seen evathyst around in a while
shut up.... you are a pig
Re: Adesuwa by ademoladeji(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
*sneezes*
Re: Adesuwa by uanda(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2016
dickoflife:
Bleep, you no even add my name. I no go read am
Soryy ooo, Just added you to the table for 4

(1) (Reply)

The Pepper Soup Girl. / 100% GUYS Only.......... In The Process If You Discover.... / What Does He Hope To Achieve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.