Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise (1253 Views)

11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl / My Girl Friend Wants Is Raw ''NO CD'' / 13 Signs Your Friend Is In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by chukatony(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2009
i have known this girl for about three years now, she is naturally intelligent, she is good to an extent that i have never cought her. she told me she likes keeping male friends instead of her female counterparts as friends academically she is not wise and she can't read even sms not to talk of writen and she speaks good english to an extent. any time she is been asked out by those her male friends, she does tells me after. i like this girl and she wants me to mary her. the one that borders me much is the fact that academically she is not ok. we are at the same age bracket. she is a beautician and works in a beauty pa lour. please your advice will see me through.
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by sweetpie23: 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2009
and what the hell do you want us to do about that? should I grow in her brain and teach her? undecided nonsense
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by Monicaa: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2009
chukatony:

i have known this girl for about three years now, she is naturally intelligent, she is good to an extent that i have never cought her. she told me she likes keeping male friends instead of her female counterparts as friends academically she is not wise and she can't read even sms not to talk of writen and she speaks good english to an extent. any time she is been asked out by those her male friends, she does tells me after. i like this girl and she wants me to mary her. the one that borders me much is the fact that academically she is not ok. we are at the same age bracket. she is a beautician and works in a beauty pa lour. please your advice will see me through.

Is it possible to speak english and not read english? Just a thought.
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by 190: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2009
chukatony:

ur english alone has already made u see ur self through
we have already seen u through
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by iice(f): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2009
190:

ur english alone has already made u see ur self through

lwkmd grin grin

Why do people harp on this no speak, no write good English when they themselves are guilty? undecided

chukatony:

What does her being not academically wise got to do with keeping male friends and them asking her out? undecided
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by Shentz(f): 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2009
I don't get it
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by tayoast(m): 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2009
sweetpie23:

and what the hell do you want us to do about that? should I grow in her brain and teach her? undecided nonsense

D'u want me advising u to leave her?

If u're not happy then let her know hw exactly her actions/inactions makes u feel.

Good Luck.
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 12, 2009
Na wah!!! cool
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:58am On Jul 12, 2009
iice:

lwkmd grin grin

Why do people harp on this no speak, no write good English when they themselves are guilty? undecided

What does her being not academically wise got to do with keeping male friends and them asking her out? undecided

Abi ohh. . . . .Mchewwwww. . . .
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by sexyLeamon(f): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2009
sweetpie23:

funny
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by Akinagirl(f): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2009
Dude, you cant even write in good English. I am still trying to translate what you just posted.
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by sweetpie23: 4:51am On Oct 13, 2009
Akinagirl:

Dude, you cant even write in good English. I am still trying to translate what you just posted.
grin grin
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by aomom(m): 5:58am On Oct 13, 2009
funny a thread! naturally intelligent you say aiite? English she can speak buh when it comes to reading and writing its a problem! how can u speak good English when u can't read or write very well?
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by AniLee(f): 6:55am On Oct 13, 2009
[b]stop acting silly and uninformed people, there are so many people who speak english nd cant write or read it. A good example are the Xhosa folks in South Africa. Most of them can speak but cant read and write! Anyway, where was i? @ OP, if you cant compromise that in her, tell her to attend lessons that may help her or sumtin like dat. And SHE wants YOU to marry her. Do YOU want to marry her? And if the problem is really ENGLISH here, why do you speak of her male friends, this makes me think you feel threatened and uncomfortable with her being friends with dudes. Anyway since that was not the subject of your thread, I shant address it. But if you really like this girl, tell her to enroll for English lessons. Illiteracy doesnt make any human being less. And one doesnt have to be literate in English to be Academically wise. Think about all those people who have other languages other than English as their first languages and yet they excel academically. Germans and chinese are perfect examples. Dont marginalize her hey. Talk to her and see if you can really get her to attend those classes. They may help. All the best dear!![/b]
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by DrLorenz1(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Poster

How can sum1 be academically wise?
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by PAININASS: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
190:

your english alone has already made u see your self through
Ori gbogbo yin ti daru! @Poster don't mind them!
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by chic2pimp(m): 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
190:

your english alone has already made u see your self through
ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin

PAININASS:

Ori gbogbo yin ti daru! @Poster don't mind them!
WAHLAI TAHLAI grin cheesy
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by Baby007: 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ Poster, i understand what ure goin thru, i have a cousin who is in the same situation as ur girlfrd,

I think u can still go on and marry her if u luv her!!!! In terms of the academic issue, enrol her in a full time adult education, to help her read and write, in 2 years time, she is be well equipd!!!!!

Good luck,
Re: My Girl Friend Is Not Academically Wise by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Baby007:

@ Poster, i understand what ure goin thru, i have a cousin who is in the same situation as your girlfrd,

I think u can still go on and marry her if u luv her!!!! In terms of the academic issue, enrol her in a full time adult education, to help her read and write, in 2 years time, she is be well equipd!!!!!

Good luck,
intelligent.you and ani lee really made sensible comments in here.others comments are senseless.doubt if they've eaten today at all.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Longest Time You Have Stayed Apart From Your Lover And Gotten Back? / Wonders shall Never End. / How Do You Define Your Happiness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.