Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,729 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:27 AM

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning (54224 Views)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by menxer: 7:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Fime2000:
yes good of u, all dis people ar very stupid mostly d indias.

Leave name calling.

how are they silly, for being your slave master?

How many Nigerians own factories in India?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2016
Good luck and let the sky be ur starting point.
kaziblake:
MY mum will sponsor me.
Amen.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by omoharry(f): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

what has that got to do with "doing the RIGHT thing, and abiding by work procedures?" the slave mentality is people like you who want to do something WRONG and are quick to try to blame others as racists etc.

well then, he asked his direct manager and the man refuse to give him the day off, and instead asked him to talk to the MD directly. there were 2 choices here: A) accept that the request for a day off was refused or B) talk to the MD. the foolish OP decided to take the day off while disregarding his manager's request... who does that?! if not a very disrespectful and insubordinate employee.
yet here you all are talking about slavery mentality but the hard fact in this matter is that the OP made a grave error, and should subsequently pay for that. go cry a river all you want, and blame whoever you desire, but WRONG is WRONG

BWAAAAAAAH!!!! who forced you to stay in such miserable jobs?! the reason why such employers dont respect people like you is because YOU dont respect yourself. when someone tells you such nonsense (and obviously treats you like a modern slave) then it is YOUR duty to leave such disrespectful place of work. but the minute you decide to STAY in that job, is the minute YOU would have gladly accepted to become a slave (and i dont give a damn what your "excuse" is)

you either listen to your immediate manager or you dont and go take the matter with his superior, but lets be clear on something...the immediate manager's answer was: NO days off unless the OP asked the MD, how difficult is it for you to understand that?! in what language do you want me to write it for you to understand this very straight forward answer?

he DID, and the OP decided in lowering himself by begging instead of gladly accepting to never work for the people he regards as monsters.

here we see the true slave mentality: whether the man is Lebanese or not, whether he is in his country or not, WRONG is WRONG. do you believe that a Nigerian boss can therefore assault their Nigerian staff? i think not, and therefore bringing this man's nationality to this discussion is a joke!
we can clearly understand that many people on this thread are deluded, and simply against the bosses because he is Lebanese. even if the boss is Nigerian, this employee MUST be dismissed! and even if the boss is Nigerian, they should be guilty of assault!

here you all are talking about this man as if his nationality has ANYTHING to do with the subject of assault?! this is the real slave mentality here, the person who is quick to talk trash and point fingers at Indians/Arabs/Asians employers in Nigeria but yet are quick to accept jobs from these same employers. if you dont like the way these people treat black workers then DONT WORK FOR THEM, but if you do then i suggest you do your job according to the contract you signed, and subsequently STFU! but trying to bring their nationality "now" as if it has any relevance to the case of DISMISSAL and/or ASSAULT is today's biggest joke on NL!

regardless of their nationality the boss is guilty of assault while this employee should be dismissed, end of story!
I am begining to suppect that i have being talking to a Lebanese..your defence for this terrible Lebanese speaks volume..are you an Asian guy? if you are..you guys are terrible people to works..i am being honest here.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by omoharry(f): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2016
Tellemall:

I'm as black as they are. smiley

Above, beneath, besides, wherever you find yourself with them I do not find them as terrible as people make them out to be. They explain everything to you the way Nigerians never would, are tons more considerate and ready to share.

Now you just made me eulogize them. There is nothing special about them and there is nothing so terrible in them. They are normal people. Showing them fear is showing them your weakness. There's nothing to fear them for. They don't even understand the concept of begging. They are cruel to themselves, why should they be kind to black people?
Lebanese and Idains are terrible people..even though you have an exception which you are furtunate to be working with does not make them any better...these two Asian have thesame mentality toward how they treat people of higher and lower status..i have i resigned my Job from an Idian company without any job and i never regreted it..Now for the past 6 years i have been working with Nigerians away from the unecessary descrimination between thier indians people and Nigerians working there...those guys sucks..i dislike them with passion.so since you are furtunate to be working with a good one then that is fine but do not jump to conclusion that whtever have happened exempt the yeye labanese from the hook.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by omoharry(f): 8:57am On Feb 25, 2016
cococandy:
Nobody said you deserved to be beaten.

Just own up your own wrong doing.

.He should own up to his wrong doing but you are ignoring the monster Lebanese assult on him abi?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by whyteboyz03(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2016
Please get as rich as possible for this incident that you'd employ Lebanese to work for u . milk him well o. No settle for small money o.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Tellemall: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
omoharry:
Lebanese and Idains are terrible people..even though you have an exception which you are furtunate to be working with does not make them any better...these two Asian have thesame mentality toward how they treat people of higher and lower status..i have i resigned my Job from an Idian company without any job and i never regreted it..Now for the past 6 years i have been working with Nigerians away from the unecessary descrimination between thier indians people and Nigerians working there...those guys sucks..i dislike them with passion.so since you are furtunate to be working with a good one then that is fine but do not jump to conclusion that whtever have happened exempt the yeye labanese from the hook.

I did mention that they are cruel. It all depends on you as an individual. What you can take from them and what you will never take from them.

I applaud your decision to leave them. What does it profit a man working as a slave for Asians?. I did not say they are good, but I can tell you that most of them are nice to be around and share knowledge with. They disregard staff low on the ladder but if you look past that and try interacting with them, they are OK.
Like minds cannot help but like themselves.

Don't assume I've been working with good ones, because I know they are capable of cruelties they probably don't do in my presence. I've never let them off the hook. Just like equally cruel Nigerians there are cruel Asians. But I do assume the best from everybody. It's up to them to change that thought.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by tammie24: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
castroevans:
Kidman96 said it all.
In this case It is quite a minor, the slap didn't lead to a cut or damage (didn't read anywhere it led to that) and the charges pressed against him won't really hold water, although u did the right thing. Meanwhile how do people cope with 30k salary and u gat work from monday-saturday... mehnnn thts slavery.
doesn't need to have an injury
that is assault!
You can gout around putting your hands on people even if you don't cause injuries
you need to know how to control yourself
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MRBrownJ: 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
omoharry:
I am begining to suppect that i have being talking to a Lebanese..your defence for this terrible Lebanese speaks volume..are you an Asian guy? if you are..you guys are terrible people to works..i am being honest here.

i stand by and defend the EMPLOYER (whether yellow, black or green) for his dismissal of the OP, and i am equally against the assault part.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by iliyande(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

i stand by and defend the EMPLOYER (whether yellow, black or green) for his dismissal of the OP, and i am equally against the assault part.

I don't think you are against assault sir. Y?

Read the op story very carefully again.

1. He is not in anyway complaining of being dismissed.

2. All he is saying is that "How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning" and not How I was dismissed this morning.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by modik(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Charlieubochi:
I work for a construction company in Port Harcourt owned by 2 Lebanese brothers. I work as one of the two Administrative staff. I was employed two years ago and the very first thing I noticed about the place was the care - free manner the Lebanese people smoke. They smoke all kinds of things openly in the office not minding the health implications on other staff. I also noticed the total lack of respect that those people have for us Nigerians. They told me stories of how they insult people, throw all kinds of objects at them and I even heard they physically fight them. I always thought it was funny and I never ever thought that I'll be a victim of such horrible, barbaric and slave-master attitude from these people. I am a BSc degree holder in accounting and I am being paid #30,000 plus I have to work on Saturdays too.

On Friday last week I requested for permission. I informed the workshop manager that my friend would be wedding the following day(Saturday). He said I should go directly to the MD of the company a dental request for permission myself. I said no, that nobody goes directly to him knowing his very bad attitude and lack of respect for everyone and besides he's the MD and shouldn't be bothered by such trivial issues.

So I proceeded to go to the wedding on that Saturday thinking my request had been granted or at the most I would be marked absent on that day. I returned to work on Monday and I was stopped at the gate. The security people said the MD told them not to let me in. When I asked why, they said it was because I didn't come to work on Saturday. I was so shocked. In any case I begged and pleaded but I was advised to go home and come back the following day (yesterday) and beg him to let me continue working. I went to the office early and waited for him to come and then I started begging him. The moment he saw me he started insulting me. He said I was useless and ungrateful. I kept on begging. He came close to me and gave me a hot slap on my left cheek. I never in my widest dream expected to be slapped by any person whether boss or not. I was so furious that it took God's grace not to beat him up. I knew if I beat him up I won't have a good case against him. So I insulted him and stormed out of the office. I reported the case at the police station. They invited him to make his statement and my dad (who doubles as my Lawyer) is handling the issue.

I am going to make sure he will never forget this experience. He would pay heavily for this and other crimes he has committed against innocent Nigerians. He was so shocked and I could see some fear in his eyes at the police station. He never expected anyone much less the very quiet boy who sits in a corner of his big company to drag him to police station and to sue him to court.

The Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are fond of maltreating we Nigerians. Even his Lawyer confessed that they see us as slaves in our own country which is a very terrible situation. Many Nigerians are afraid of standing up for their rights when these people treat them badly. I'm writing this long message to encourage people to always stand up for their rights and never let anyone or situation intimidate them. I would love to hear from anyone that has gone through similar situations before.

Great Nigerian.

I salute your tact and courage.
I know you would be compensated for this assault.

Kudos for not taking the laws into your own hands.

Do update NL family on the outcome.

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MRBrownJ: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
iliyande:

I don't think you are against assault sir. Y?

Read the op story very carefully again.

1. He is not in anyway complaining of being dismissed.

2. All he is saying is that "How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning" and not How I was dismissed this morning.

the OP is painting a picture where the Lebanese guy is wrong on all front while i am just saying that, whether the guy is Lebanese or Thai is irrelevant to this issue.... simply because, what most people on this thread are saying about Lebanese, arabs and Asian IS the definition of racism. go back and read how so many are quick to judge/blame/insult people simply because of their nationality/ethnic group, yet they turn around and cry RACISM? what a bunch of hypocrites! and also, there are 2 issues here (assault and dismissal) and we shouldnt use one to excuse/cover for the other.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Charlieubochi: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
modik:

Great Nigerian.

I salute your tact and courage.
I know you would be compensated for this assault.

Kudos for not taking the laws into your own hands.

Do update NL family on the outcome.

Thank you Modik for your kind words. I chose to be the bigger man by not taking the law into my hands and fighting back(it was very hard resisting). I just feel sorry for some of us Nigerians that can't stand up for our rights and speak up. The truth is that people are too scared. A life full of fear is not worth living at all. It's better you're dead than full of fear of the unknown. Yes I'm out of work (at the moment), but something better than slavery is coming up. #iamnotaslave #imnotadoormat # Nigerianandproud

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by bigfrancis21: 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Charlieubochi:

Thank you Modik for your kind words. I chose to be the bigger man by not taking the law into my hands and fighting back(it was very hard resisting). I just feel sorry for some of us Nigerians that can't stand up for our rights and speak up. The truth is that people are too scared. A life full of fear is not worth living at all. It's better you're dead than full of fear of the unknown. Yes I'm out of work (at the moment), but something better than slavery is coming up. #iamnotaslave #imnotadoormat # Nigerianandproud

What was the final outcome of the story?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Horus(m): 7:55am On May 21, 2018
The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria (illegal trade, drug smugling, etc, )
I think it's fundamentally important to cross-examine comprehensively Lebanese activities in the country. The Lebaneses get an official job to cover up dubious activities. Time is ripe to shed light on them before Nigeria finds itself unknowingly and unwillingly sponsoring terrorist activities and becomes disgraced internationally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Feeling Used And Dumped! / Meet Maira Bashir El-Kanemi Who Started Flying Aircraft At 17 (Photos) / Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.