Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows (24226 Views)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / Breaking: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished - President / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by tomakint: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
I stand with Buhari on this one!
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by OlujobaSamuel: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Frankiss44:

It wasn't changed.. The president just didn't go thru it before presenting it. That's the truth they won't tell you.
there is nothing to go through if not that people are devilish minded.
The ministries takes their budget to fec chaired by the president
they all review and agreed on what they want
president pass an order that it should be sent to the budget office and compiled in a book form
the budget office decides to play pranks.
the reason for that no one knows, maybe they thought the ministries officials will liase with them to get the budget defended and approved, but now alone in the cold.
On the reading of budget, no one will read the budget from beginning to the end, not even you, but there will be a summary, the summary is what the president will go through, so you think those that want to steal will include state house clinic billions in the summary, or book for vp or bmw at exotic prices with c caution that will never be removed from the pack if at all it was purchased.
They will only include things that's sweet to the ears of the masses like 10lanes road from bornu to lagos, fg taxi from calabar to nasarawa, airport that will carry the masses foc, etc.
I have no issues with the budget, but will have issues if those nonsense scale through, meaning pmb, pyo and national assembly just wan make noise.

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by iamjayboss(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

B00HARI is an illiterate dullard, simple. Why didn't he go through it before presenting it to the Senate?... Yeye dey smell.

I know the dullard will find someone to blame, Just like him and his hordes of zombies are still blaming the previous administration for everything.

the depth of your prejudice against this government and unwarranted hatred for the person of the president makes me wonder if tribal and religious animosity won't be our undoing in this country.

you still haven't gotten over the loss of your principal, the dishonorable ineffectual buffoon 1 of Nigeria,gcfr.

maybe you are still being paid to come online and keep the already dead embers of gej's sham integrity alive.

whatever the reason you keep trolling on this forum, I have just one question.

does your conscience allow you to sleep at night?

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Adminisher: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Govt policies are contained in budge if your budget can have so much scams what does that tell you about you and your ministers who foolishly went with the budget to the National Assembly to defend nonsense they never even bothered to go through?

Boko ediot go school you no gree

It is you that is the idiot. Read what you just posted and see whether it shows good education. The man said teh budget they agreed on was not the one that got to the Senate. Why dont you wait and see what happens to those who are responsible?. Please dont open dirty mouths to complain if they are from your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by SeverusSnape(m): 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ioannes:

the depth of your prejudice against this government and unwarranted hatred for the person of the president makes me wonder if tribal and religious animosity won't be our undoing in this country.

you still haven't gotten over the loss of your principal, the dishonorable ineffectual buffoon 1 of Nigeria,gcfr.

maybe you are still being paid to come online and keep the already dead embers of gej's sham integrity alive.

whatever the reason you keep trolling on this forum, I have just one question.

does your conscience allow you to sleep at night?
I didn't read the trash you typed.

But have it in mind that Bugarri is an illiterate dullard. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by drss(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
mynd1:
That's my president.

God bless u n every one wishing u well

God bless Nigeria.

#proudtobeanigerian#. cool
if u believe dis lie u will believe anytin. no fraud is don by carrier civil servant without oga's blessings at d top. buari is corrupt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I didn't read the trash you typed.
But have it in mind that Bugarri is an illiterate dullard. Thanks.
its OK, its OK. I feel your pain.
go back and sleep. we will wake you up in 2019 for the elections.

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by mynd1(f): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
drss:
if u believe dis lie u will believe anytin. no fraud is don by carrier civil servant without oga's blessings at d top. buari is corrupt.
Ok.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by SeverusSnape(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ioannes:

its OK, its OK. I feel your pain.
go back and sleep. we will wake you up in 2019 for the elections.
Thank you. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by banio: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
By the time the distortion is passed, then Your rants might not mean much. because they would have got what they want, their share of the #6trillion austerity budget.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by UnknownT: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
mtchewwwww,oya show us the original version .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by rapistbuhari: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Why so much confusion in this so called APC! Lai Mohd defended the budget last week, that it wasn't padded - that the total figure still remain at N6.08trn.

Now Buhari want to punish those that are responsible for the National embarrassment.

APC is the most confused party in the anal of Nigeria polity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by tucky200(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Irresponsible goat next time read whatever document first that you intend to sign

Dunce
“Never had I heard the words “budget padding”.
Our Minister of Budget and National Planning did a
great job with his team. The Minister became
almost half his size during the time, working night
and day to get the budget ready, only for some
people to pad it.
“What he gave us was not what was finally being
debated. It is very embarrassing and
disappointing. We will not allow those who did it to
go unpunished," President Buhari vowed.
"

learn to read before commenting
Bush man !!
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by maasoap(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Paperwhite:
Foolish,inconclusive,confused,vindictive,directionless,whining & blaming passing government.The globe trotting president will never accept responsibility for his failure.He never feels the embarrassment all his actions & inactions have dealt on this nation even with all his endless junkeeting.
And where you usually come out every morning is still being referred to as home? And those who gave birth to you and raised you are still being referred to as parents? My advice:you need help ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by leksbore(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Pls who r the people,,,,Mr president please come home and announce it to us
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by TheGap: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
nor mind them
bjdon:
But I thought Lai Mohammed was saying there was no budget padding
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by maasoap(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Frankiss44:

It wasn't changed.. The president just didn't go thru it before presenting it. That's the truth they won't tell you.
The President himself can't go through the budget. How is that even possible?

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by iamNuelIII(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
iamjayboss:
President Muhammadu Buhari vowed late Tuesday in Riyadh that all those involved in the “padding” of the 2016 National Budget will face the most severe punishment.

Addressing the Nigerian Community in Saudi Arabia, President Buhari condemned the distortion of the budget proposals by entrenched interests.
The President said that the unauthorised alterations had completely changed the document from the one he presented to the National Assembly.

“The culprits will not go unpunished. I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund.
“Never had I heard the words “budget padding”. Our Minister of Budget and National Planning did a great job with his team. The Minister became almost half his size during the time, working night and day to get the budget ready, only for some people to pad it.

“What he gave us was not what was finally being debated. It is very embarrassing and disappointing. We will not allow those who did it to go unpunished," President Buhari vowed.

The President also assured members of the Nigerian community that his administration was working diligently to fulfil its campaign promises, particularly on security, unemployment, and corruption.

Reaffirming his government’s zero tolerance for corruption, President Buhari said that the war against corruption was a monumental task that he is determined to tackle successfully.

"We have zero tolerance for corruption and other unethical practices. We will deal decisively with anybody found wanting," he promised members of the Nigerian community.

President Buhari also used the opportunity of the gathering to brief Nigerians in Saudi Arabia on his administration’s efforts to end the Boko Haram insurgency and terrorism in Nigeria.

"Our armed forces have done a great job of dealing decisively with Boko Haram. We are collaborating with our neighbors in the operations of the Multinational Joint Task Force to handle security threats in the sub-region and we have significantly destroyed the capacity of the insurgents," the President said.

He also spoke on efforts being made to diversify the Nigerian economy, stressing that more opportunities are now open for local and foreign investors in the country.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 24, 2016

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=963686680390339&id=100002470489894

He will voice like that but only to come home and do the opposite

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Frankiss44:

Because you sat at the right hand of the president, thats how you know

Tell me why they didnt "pad" the budget during Jonathan's period? Every body was going to benefit from it thats why.
But please keep defending the people that will rip you apart. Lol
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Uten9z(m): 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
It is so embarrassing that for the 1st time a valid document like the Nigerian Change agenda budget is padded but if the main script is available for scrutiny let it be all outright to avoid the idea that this statements could just be some bluff to stire up concerns.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by hinwazaka: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mr President could you please SHUTUP for once in your life. Only phools will assume you weren't privy to it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by chinchum(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
The president cant go through a 1,800 + pages document, he can only see the summary, but this experience should teach him to have another Special assistant for item as important as budget , it must have prompted him to appoint Ben Akabueze.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by cutekhalifa(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
story for the gods.... excuse of 1985 tyrant..... , we shouldn't take his words serious
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Bitojoe(m): 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
Naija leaders. they wont stop scamming us.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
bjdon:
But I thought Lai Mohammed was saying there was no budget padding
Post the link.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by sanc2s(f): 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Everyday he's vowing. He'll continue vowing until there will be nutin to vow for. #OpensMyBottleOfStar
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by plaetton: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
I can't believe what I am reading ?

What have we gotten ourselves into with Buhari?

Let me understand this clearly.

1. So Buhari is saying that he and his ministers actually worked day and night to draw up a budget proposal ? shocked

2. And that the padded budget, the one being currently debated and defended is NOT the one He, Buhari, presented to the national assembly ?

3. If so, then why are our highly paid legislators wasting time on a fake budget, as now admitted by Buhari ?

4. Where is the original budget now?
Surely, someone must have saved a paper or electronic copy somewhere at the budget office or at ASO rock.

5. So, Buhari, an elected leader , is still passing the buck around, still unable to take full responsibility ?

I guess Buhari and his gang of genuises and advisers have not ever heard of the word" VETTING " ?

So, it is still invisible enemies within his administration that sabotaged his budget ?

Let me ask again:
Which budget is currently being defended and debated in the legislature right now ?

Is it the padded budget or the original Budget?

Can someone pls help me out of the confusion ?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
grin grin Government of comedians for the Nigerian people.

Lai muhammed - the budget was not padded

Muhammed Buhari - The budget was paded.

Muhammed Ministers - The budget is not the one we prepared, rats has infested the budget.

Why pay to go watch ay, bovi e.t.c when you can simply listen to this current government and have a free laugh.

cheesy grin. Ndi ara

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by omegatwelve: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
the president always weak anytime people from his camp are involve in any scandal. I doubt he will do anything, he is just telling those people what they wants to hear.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Joeoku78: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Yes your excellency, you are the type of president nigeria have been expecting to descend for governance since independence. Today we have gotten the type and its PMB. Nigerians trust you by your words you translates into action.
Your excellency sir, though past regime almost destroyed the economy of nigeria which you are rebuilding right now, but sir action needs to be expedited to ease the sufferings of the people. Nigerians are hungry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Prices Increases By 36%, Sells For N149 / World Bank Predicts Sharp Fall In Nigeria’s GDP / Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers Arrive Court, Anticipate IPOB Leader's Arrival (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.