Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows (24211 Views)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / Breaking: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished - President / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by iamjayboss(m): 11:09am On Feb 24, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari vowed late Tuesday in Riyadh that all those involved in the “padding” of the 2016 National Budget will face the most severe punishment.

Addressing the Nigerian Community in Saudi Arabia, President Buhari condemned the distortion of the budget proposals by entrenched interests.
The President said that the unauthorised alterations had completely changed the document from the one he presented to the National Assembly.

“The culprits will not go unpunished. I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund.
“Never had I heard the words “budget padding”. Our Minister of Budget and National Planning did a great job with his team. The Minister became almost half his size during the time, working night and day to get the budget ready, only for some people to pad it.

“What he gave us was not what was finally being debated. It is very embarrassing and disappointing. We will not allow those who did it to go unpunished," President Buhari vowed.

The President also assured members of the Nigerian community that his administration was working diligently to fulfil its campaign promises, particularly on security, unemployment, and corruption.

Reaffirming his government’s zero tolerance for corruption, President Buhari said that the war against corruption was a monumental task that he is determined to tackle successfully.

"We have zero tolerance for corruption and other unethical practices. We will deal decisively with anybody found wanting," he promised members of the Nigerian community.

President Buhari also used the opportunity of the gathering to brief Nigerians in Saudi Arabia on his administration’s efforts to end the Boko Haram insurgency and terrorism in Nigeria.

"Our armed forces have done a great job of dealing decisively with Boko Haram. We are collaborating with our neighbors in the operations of the Multinational Joint Task Force to handle security threats in the sub-region and we have significantly destroyed the capacity of the insurgents," the President said.

He also spoke on efforts being made to diversify the Nigerian economy, stressing that more opportunities are now open for local and foreign investors in the country.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 24, 2016

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=963686680390339&id=100002470489894

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by iamjayboss(m): 11:09am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by mynd1(f): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2016
That's my president.

God bless u n every one wishing u well

God bless Nigeria.

#proudtobeanigerian#. cool

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Tunami(m): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2016
sai baba

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by abbeycial: 11:33am On Feb 24, 2016
atoh
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by 9jatriot(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2016
Sir, carry go. The good citizens of this potentially great country stand with you on this and others. Because we believe you have our interest at heart, we are learning to trust your decisions even when we don't fully understand them. Every move you have made so far convinces us that you are against the elements that want to bring this nation down. Slowly but sure we go reach there.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by dikeigbo2(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Supported 200%. They have just embarrassed you, so don't spare anyone involved .

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by EZENDDIGBO(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2016
What does he mean by distorted and punished? Apply wisdom mr president. You should have gone through the budget yourself, over and over again before noticing the budget was padding. Too bad. Your enemies re within your territory.

This one you re always visiting nigerian communities whenever you travels outside nigeria? Mr president I can assured you that they know you re the president of nigeria,pls just come back home and let's get back to works here in Nigeria.

No time For too much words.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by cckris: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Trials in the pages of newspapers by disHonourable Femi Adesina.

14 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by bjdon: 11:53am On Feb 24, 2016
But I thought Lai Mohammed was saying there was no budget padding

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by GworoChewinMaga: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2016
Irresponsible goat next time read whatever document first that you intend to sign

Dunce

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Paperwhite(m): 11:55am On Feb 24, 2016
Foolish,confused,inconclusive,vindictive, directionless,whining and blame passing government.The globe trotting president will never accept responsibility for his failure.He never feels the embarrassment all his actions & inactions have dealt on this nation even with all his endless junkeeting.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by GworoChewinMaga: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2016
Govt policies are contained in budge if your budget can have so much scams what does that tell you about you and your ministers who foolishly went with the budget to the National Assembly to defend nonsense they never even bothered to go through?

Boko ediot go school you no gree

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Emekamex(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2016
I dont understand this govt at all; Buhari will say one thing and Lai Mohammed will say another.
Lai made it clear in that the budget wasnt padded and denied all allegations, now Buhari is saying the opposite; which one should we believe?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Paperwhite(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Supported 200%. They have just embarrassed you, so don't spare anyone involved .
Where have you been when the illiterate president have been endlessly embarrassing himself & the nation or wickedly said that BH killings are also embarrassing his government? Zombie forever. undecided

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Paperwhite(m): 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
[b][/b]
iamjayboss:
President Muhammadu Buhari vowed late Tuesday in Riyadh that all those involved in the “padding” of the 2016 National Budget will face the most severe punishment.

Addressing the Nigerian Community in Saudi Arabia, President Buhari condemned the distortion of the budget proposals by entrenched interests.
The President said that the unauthorised alterations had completely changed the document from the one he presented to the National Assembly.

“The culprits will not go unpunished. I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund.
“Never had I heard the words “budget padding”. Our Minister of Budget and National Planning did a great job with his team. The Minister became almost half his size during the time, working night and day to get the budget ready, only for some people to pad it.

“What he gave us was not what was finally being debated. It is very embarrassing and disappointing. We will not allow those who did it to go unpunished," President Buhari vowed.

The President also assured members of the Nigerian community that his administration was working diligently to fulfil its campaign promises, particularly on security, unemployment, and corruption.

Reaffirming his government’s zero tolerance for corruption, President Buhari said that the war against corruption was a monumental task that he is determined to tackle successfully.

"We have zero tolerance for corruption and other unethical practices. We will deal decisively with anybody found wanting," he promised members of the Nigerian community.

President Buhari also used the opportunity of the gathering to brief Nigerians in Saudi Arabia on his administration’s efforts to end the Boko Haram insurgency and terrorism in Nigeria.

"Our armed forces have done a great job of dealing decisively with Boko Haram. We are collaborating with our neighbors in the operations of the Multinational Joint Task Force to handle security threats in the sub-region and we have significantly destroyed the capacity of the insurgents," the President said.

He also spoke on efforts being made to diversify the Nigerian economy, stressing that more opportunities are now open for local and foreign investors in the country.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 24, 2016

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/02/those-who-distorted-2016-budget-will-be.html

Lalasticlala
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by OlujobaSamuel: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
some people and devil be twin brothers. How can your president present a budget to about 500people on sit, and the world watching, and you get mind to change that same document?
I fear Nigerians I swear.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Pidggin(f): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
How can PMB claim not to have heard of budget padding yet he is fighting corruption, if you don't know how a thief operates how can you catch him?

Is he not aware that his rent payment in government house is also included in the budget? How about the billions assigned for a family clinic?

Is withdrawing the budget without following due process not corruption? Who is being held responsible for that disgrace? Of course it would be another scape goat.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Frankiss44(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
" This is super story"
Anything to make the zombies happy. Sharp man

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by laptopsale(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
bjdon:
I'm just as confused as you my brother

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
Thank you Mr. President. Much respect sir. I hope the punishment won't take too long in coming, to serve as a deterrent to others and to shut the mouths of wailers for good on the budget.

7 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Frankiss44(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
some people and devil be twin brothers. How can your president present a budget to about 500people on sit, and the world watching, and you get mind to change that same document?

It wasn't changed.. The president just didn't go thru it before presenting it. That's the truth they won't tell you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Frankiss44(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
bjdon:

Na there you go fear APC. If you can't convince them then you confuse them

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by kutchs: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
And he speaks again from foreign land.
A president who only says what he intends to do away from the country he's supposed to be ruling. The runaway president I hail ooooo.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

my brother, no be only you fear o. it seems these people have swallowed viper snakes to the extent that they have no fear anymore.

they probably thought the ineffectual buffoon was still there.

thank God for Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I believe this practice has been going on for a long time. One of the reasons Nigeria is the least developed oil exporter.

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by dikeigbo2(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=Paperwhite post=43206204]Where have you been when the illiterate have been endlessly embarrassing himself.Zombie forever. undecided[/quo

Nna ,I dey oooo,let him make the move first, not minding party padi padi things,the results will come
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
kutchs:
And he speaks again from foreign land.
A president who only says what he intends to do away from the country he's supposed to be ruling. The runaway president I hail ooooo.

I'm sorry but your point lacks merit. Nigerians in diaspora are also part of his constituency. they are Nigerians and he was addressing them when he made that statement.

besides he has already said that in Nigeria.

look for something else to poke fun at him, like his travelling.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by SeverusSnape(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ioannes:

my brother, no be only you fear o. it seems these people have swallowed viper snakes to the extent that they have no fear anymore.

they probably thought the ineffectual buffoon was still there.

thank God for Buhari.
B00HARI is an illiterate dullard, simple. Why didn't he go through it before presenting it to the Senate?... Yeye dey smell.

I know the dullard will find someone to blame, Just like him and his hordes of zombies are still blaming the previous administration for everything.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
I should stop saying "How stùpid can one be" cos people are starting to see it as a challenge

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by SeverusSnape(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Frankiss44:

It wasn't changed.. The president just didn't go thru it before presenting it. That's the truth they won't tell you.
Exactly my brother, You expect an illiterate to go through a document?.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
Gen Gen Gen Gen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reuben Abati With His Wife At Their Daughter's Graduation / Reno Omokri Compares Taribo West And George Weah / 10 Days To Presidential Primary: Southern PDP Leaders Weigh Fresh Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.