Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows (24230 Views)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / Breaking: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished - President / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Trustyd1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
Forget about all this I'll I'll, show use the original copy of the budget if you say it was tempered. My Boss Major Ken when I was in Abuja with him will go through every documents before and after typing.
Who took the budget to the NAS?
This government will never take responsibility for anything.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by ronaldbecky(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
Paperwhite:
Foolish,inconclusive,confused,vindictive,directionless,whining & blaming passing government.The globe trotting president will never accept responsibility for his failure.He never feels the embarrassment all his actions & inactions have dealt on this nation even with all his endless junkeeting.
JESUS CHRIST.......SEE PAIN
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Klamour: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ioannes:

I'm sorry but your point lacks merit. Nigerians in diaspora are also part of his constituency. they are Nigerians and he was addressing them when he made that statement.

besides he has already said that in Nigeria.

look for something else to poke fun at him, like his travelling.

Mr Pointer, I hope you recall that Bubu was voted into power by Nigerians living in Nigeria, and not those in diaspora.

Remember that his policies, actions and inactions affects Nigerians at home directly more than the diasporas.

Recall that the implementation of this padded budget affects Nigerians at home more than those in diaspora.

Bear in mind that in one of his numerous foreign trips, he called Nigerians in diaspora "criminals" and urged them to stay put at home.

And whenever this Ajala steps out, he's visiting Nigerians in diaspora, spewing trash.

More than 170 million Nigerians at home deserves to be addressed by their President (if we have one).

Oh! Just remembered he's a Diasporian President.

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by blackboy2star(m): 3:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
That's what you believe...
OlujobaSamuel:
some people and devil be twin brothers. How can your president present a budget to about 500people on sit, and the world watching, and you get mind to change that same document?
I fear Nigerians I swear.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:
What does he mean by distorted and punished? Apply wisdom mr president. You should have gone through the budget yourself, over and over again before noticing the budget was padding. Too bad. Your enemies re within your territory.

This one you re always visiting nigerian communities whenever you travels outside nigeria? Mr president I can assured you that they know you re the president of nigeria,pls just come back home and let's get back to works here in Nigeria.

No time For too much words.

A president should go through a budget himself, over and over?

You get sense so?

1 Like

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by ezebinugwu21: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
walescounis:
Gen Gen Gen Gen
they can only do that to an illiterate president thats all
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nicur: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tenison96:
I should stop saying "How stùpid can one be" cos people are starting to see it as a challenge
grin grin I tell you, abeg who be the people or person??

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by rudestmcblaze: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
to thought some Nigerians are stupid, now I just confirmed it. how can somebody tell u that a budget he presented got lost, he went back to present it again n pipu padded it. when budget turn to needle wey dae loss? when budget turn to diaper or always ultra wey dem dae pad?
my heart weeps for Nigeria
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nicur: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
the way people make excuse for this Government eeh you will surely know that they are paid to be ZOMBIES!! ZOMBIES keep defending!!!
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Irresponsible goat next time read whatever document first that you intend to sign

Dunce

People like you are one of the reasons why I would we need that social media bill...what does it take your thinking head to construct a credible comment?
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by ekensi01: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
wow! surprise at this your president. So he want that anytin he says or do no one sho critisize it? Please help me tell he we are not in the militry government.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by ekensi01: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
wow! surprise at this your president. So he want that anytin he says or do no one sho critisize it? Please help me tell he we are not in the military government.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by AngryNigerian(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
In some climes, Lai Mohammed for don resign before PMB come back for saying that there was nothing like 'budget padding'!!
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Osakah24(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
bjdon:
But I thought Lai Mohammed was saying there was no budget padding
Exactly what came to my mind,but real eyes realize real lies.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Klamour:

Mr Pointer, I hope you recall that Bubu was voted into power by Nigerians living in Nigeria, and not those in diaspora.

Remember that his policies, actions and inactions affects Nigerians at home directly more than the diasporas.

Recall that the implementation of this padded budget affects Nigerians at home more than those in diaspora.

Bear in mind that in one of his numerous foreign trips, he called Nigerians in diaspora "criminals" and urged them to stay put at home.

And whenever this Ajala steps out, he's visiting Nigerians in diaspora, spewing trash.

More than 170 million Nigerians at home deserves to be addressed by their President (if we have one).

Oh! Just remembered he's a Diasporian President.

well since you referred to me as Mr pointer, let me go ahead and POINT out the errors in your argument

1. Because the President was voted into power by those at home doesn't mean that he isn't president of Nigerians living in the diaspora, unless they have ceased to carry Nigerian passports.
From your reasoning, we can also conclude that he is not President of those who cast their votes for the opposition, ppl like you.

2. His policies affect every Nigerian at home or abroad. Take for example the issue of the forex. ask Nigerians who have children and wards schooling abroad if this affects them or not.

3. The Nigerian budget for every year gives an indication of the direction the government wishes to go and tells foreigners as well as Nigerians in diaspora whether to invest in Nigeria or not, whether to come home and retire or not. I'll bet you'll never know the full effect of these things like the budget on Nigerians in diaspora until you leave the shores of your country or have someone in your family living in the diaspora.

4. he didn't call Nigerians living in the diaspora criminals. you need to read his own words and stop regurgitating what somebody told you. here, let me help you:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/12143510/Nigerians-reputation-for-crime-has-made-them-unwelcome-in-Britain-says-countrys-president.html

5. Nigerians in diaspora have as much right as you, to be addressed by their president especially since they hardly get to see him frequently. so its always an opportunity.

I believe your post was just a smokescreen to divert attention from the fact that had Jonathan won the election, it would have been business as usual.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by olayinkaj2(m): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:
What does he mean by distorted and punished? Apply wisdom mr president. You should have gone through the budget yourself, over and over again before noticing the budget was padding. Too bad. Your enemies re within your territory.

This one you re always visiting nigerian communities whenever you travels outside nigeria? Mr president I can assured you that they know you re the president of nigeria,pls just come back home and let's get back to works here in Nigeria.

. There is no how he could have gone through almost 2000 pages of the budget leaving other things to suffer. I know there are some people that does not want this country to move forward but God will shame them. I also know there are some enemy in that aso villa wanting to embarrass PMB and giving some goats the guts to be talking any how. We are with you PMB as you are trying to clear the rot of the previous government.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Image123(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
PMB clearly lacks a good grasp of this budget details, he's probably had too much on his hands. He should take chief responsibility as he signed and presented the budget as it were. He even wrote the Senate to inform them on which copy to debate so he should not pass the buck. He should focus more on budget implementation and perhaps a partial use of the zero based budget system for prioritising.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by kpolli(m): 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
A good leader reviews the work of his people before approving or handing over to management, Nigeria I will keep praying for you
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
og2711:

A president should go through a budget himself, over and over?

You get sense so?
now that the budget is distorted and padded, he wants to go through it abi.

Na you get sense pass. I don talk my own.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:
now that the budget is distorted, he wants to go through it abi.

Na you get sense pass. I don talk my own.

Please state where he said he wants to go through it himself.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by CioAngels(f): 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Pmb you have vowed and i am waiting. Pmb, i hope you will not agree to begging even if tinubu and your vp osinbajo does. Also, do not agree if your wife begs you not to call for somebody's probe becos if you do, am sure Nigerians/oyibo friends will write you off. Pmb, i beg, fortify yourself against juju o.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by EZENDDIGBO(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
og2711:

Please state where he said he wants to go through it himself.

now that the budget is distorted and padded boi, he may wants to go through it before making it public. Nobody to trust again.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Puntae: 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
iamjayboss:
President Muhammadu Buhari vowed late Tuesday in Riyadh that all those involved in the “padding” of the 2016 National Budget will face the most severe punishment.

Addressing the Nigerian Community in Saudi Arabia, President Buhari condemned the distortion of the budget proposals by entrenched interests.
The President said that the unauthorised alterations had completely changed the document from the one he presented to the National Assembly.

“The culprits will not go unpunished. I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund.
“Never had I heard the words “budget padding”. Our Minister of Budget and National Planning did a great job with his team. The Minister became almost half his size during the time, working night and day to get the budget ready, only for some people to pad it.

“What he gave us was not what was finally being debated. It is very embarrassing and disappointing. We will not allow those who did it to go unpunished," President Buhari vowed.

The President also assured members of the Nigerian community that his administration was working diligently to fulfil its campaign promises, particularly on security, unemployment, and corruption.

Reaffirming his government’s zero tolerance for corruption, President Buhari said that the war against corruption was a monumental task that he is determined to tackle successfully.

"We have zero tolerance for corruption and other unethical practices. We will deal decisively with anybody found wanting," he promised members of the Nigerian community.

President Buhari also used the opportunity of the gathering to brief Nigerians in Saudi Arabia on his administration’s efforts to end the Boko Haram insurgency and terrorism in Nigeria.

"Our armed forces have done a great job of dealing decisively with Boko Haram. We are collaborating with our neighbors in the operations of the Multinational Joint Task Force to handle security threats in the sub-region and we have significantly destroyed the capacity of the insurgents," the President said.

He also spoke on efforts being made to diversify the Nigerian economy, stressing that more opportunities are now open for local and foreign investors in the country.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 24, 2016

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=963686680390339&id=100002470489894

This is a sheer case of gross incompetence on the side of Mr. President and the Budget Minister and National Planning. To inform the citizen of budget padding on a very importance document which was to be reviewed by your office (President's) and or that of the Budget Minister's before submission at the NASS is laughable and an insult to Nigerians. It clearly shows an act of carelessness and or "taking Nigerians for a ride".

I don't want to believe that the Budget2016 as important wouldn't have been reviewed by the necessary parties before onward transmission to the NASS. (See Paragraph 2 and 3 of the above press statement)

I don't want to believe also, that the Presidency is in the know of the padding and inherent fraud in the Budget2016.

Just saying...
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by ellovee(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
Toothless bulldog.
Just trying to make himself look relevant, do you think that they don't know you?
Just go fall your hand there and come back.
Clueless old folk!
Was it not because of all those errors that made you stole the budget?
Now that you are threatening to punish tower that tinkered the budget, what should Nigerians do to you for stealing the budget from NASS thereby bring disgrace to our nation?
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by ellovee(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
Toothless bulldog.
Just trying to make himself look relevant, do you think that they don't know you?
Just go fall your hand there and come back.
Clueless old folk!
Was it not because of all those errors that made you stole the budget?
Now that you are threatening to punish tower that tinkered the budget, what should Nigerians do to you for stealing the budget from NASS thereby bringing disgrace to our nation?
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Paperwhite(m): 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
Emekamex:
I dont understand this govt at all; Buhari will say one thing and Lai Mohammed will say another.
Lai made it clear in that the budget wasnt padded and denied all allegations, now Buhari is saying the opposite; which one should we believe?
Karma is still a bitch man.They sowed it hence it is natural they equally reap same.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Paperwhite(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
olayinkaj2:
. There is no how he could have gone through almost 2000 pages of the budget leaving other things to suffer. I know there are some people that does not want this country to move forward but God will shame them. I also know there are some enemy in that aso villa wanting to embarrass PMB and giving some goats the guts to be talking any how. We are with you PMB as you are trying to clear the rot of the previous government.
Typical zombie mentality.
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by OreMI22: 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
Long story.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
na today?

If Nigerians had not found out about this one, folks will be collecting rent money for Aso villa!
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You really do not have a chance in this life, maybe it is time you end your daft life.

The PRESIDENT should go through every item of a national budget? For all the Ministries, Departments and Agencies?

Not only are you so cretinous to state that, but you also state he should go over it again and again?

You are a cretinous fuuktard baastard!

You and all the fuuktards that liked your post.

Product of a failed education system.

Have you ever seen a budget for just ONE COMPANY before, fuuktard?

A cretin like you has a right to vote?

E no go better for democracy.

8 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by EZENDDIGBO(m): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sagamite:

You really do not have a chance in this life, maybe it is time you end your daft life.

The PRESIDENT should go through every item of a national budget? For all the Ministries, Departments and Agencies?

Not only are you so cretinous to state that, but you also state he should go over it again and again?

lay your points without insults sir. With all these insults cos I stated my opinion? You just rants without saying anything, I can understand the economic is harsh , hence your frustrations in life and transfer aggressions.
Take it easy sir. Am not the right person to channelled your angers and frustrations. Our leaders re the cause of it not me. Good day.

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by mbeheddy: 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Exactly my brother, You expect an illiterate to go through a document?.

Jesus Christ!!!
I believe you know its the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that you are referring to?
Re: Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows by Puntae: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2016
Sagamite:

#Weeping

The above comment shows how myopic and brainless the commentator is; I feel ashame for such person.

It shows how little or nothing the commentator knows on leadership and administration.

It goes further to picture the commentator as a person of low esteem, a sycophant and a disgruntled matter.

Finally, from the commentator's diction you can sense depression and a decay matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ESN: Benue Not Part Of Biafra – Govt Warns Nnamdi Kanu / Nigerian Air Force To Receive First Batch Of 24 M-345FA Fighter Jets / 2023 Election: SDP Adopts Peter Obi As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.