Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co (10462 Views)

Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / 20 - 20 Questions From Huxley In The Huxley-Noetic Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 4:51am On Jul 12, 2009
Hello all nairalanders. I am new here(this is my first post) i want to thank the owners of the site for giving nigerians an opportunity to share their opinions

I have been going through a lot of the threads in the religion section and i notice the level of hate and anger, i dont know if i am being naive but we live in a world of about 7 billion people, surely not everyone will think alike, thats why no two people have the same set of fingerprints

@noetic/davidylan and co. u don't expect everyone to be christian do you?

@huxley/tudor and co. u also dont expect everyone to be an atheist, do you?

@abuzola/olabowale and co. u too dont tell me u also expect everyone to be a muslim?

all am saying is why cant we all respect each others believes (LIVE AND LET LIVE) its this same religious divide that has caused the generation of our fathers to fail yet we are still towing the same road, not everybody can believe what u believe!!thats why u have buddhist/hindus/ and a thousand other reliogs etc in other parts of the world,

by the way i was born christian but i have pretty much been a deist for about 4 years now though my family does not know!!!

so i want to here from you guys why cant we all stop all this bashing and blasting going back and forth, please dont turn this into another atheist vs christian/muslim thread , i just want a civil discussion,
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by huxley2(m): 10:04am On Jul 12, 2009
doubleh:

Hello all nairalanders. I am new here(this is my first post) i want to thank the owners of the site for giving nigerians an opportunity to share their opinions

I have been going through a lot of the threads in the religion section and i notice the level of hate and anger, i dont know if i am being naive but we live in a world of about 7 billion people, surely not everyone will think alike, thats why no two people have the same set of fingerprints

@abuzola/olabowale and co. u too dont tell me u also expect everyone to be a muslim?

all am saying is why cant we all respect each others believes (LIVE AND LET LIVE) its this same religious divide that has caused the generation of our fathers to fail yet we are still towing the same road, not everybody can believe what u believe!!thats why u have buddhist/hindus/ and a thousand other reliogs etc in other parts of the world,

by the way i was born christian but i have pretty much been a deist for about 4 years now though my family does not know!!!

so i want to here from you guys why cant we all stop all this bashing and blasting going back and forth, please dont turn this into another atheist vs christian/muslim thread , i just want a civil discussion,

No, I don't expect everyone to have the same beliefs, but I would prefer people to have essentially true beliefs rather than palpably false ones, such as the belief in the existence of the Abrahamic god.

Interesting to hear that your are a deist - I suppose by moving away from xianity you believe that xianity is false.? Would you prefer it if more people share your belief about the falsity of xianity?

Would you prefer it if more people believed that the sun rotates around the earth?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by mantraa: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2009
Greetings doubleh and welcome to the nairaland religion forum. The home of freethought and intelligent, honest, open discussion.

i just wanted to say excellent first post.  smiley

Respects
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by PastorAIO: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2009
Can you respect someone's beliefs if those beliefs state that your life is not worth anything?

If the person says that he believes you should be killed?

Have you heard of mutual exclusivity? Some positions in life are mutually exclusive. They can't exist together. There'll be conflict. One must go if the other states. You cannot have hot and cold at the same time. I say this without any noticeable 'level of hate and anger'.

If it isn't religion it'll be 2 other mutually exclusive ideologies.

We live in a world of limited resources and space, and there are more ideologies than there is space or resources to accomodate them all.

I like the spirit of your OP but alas it is unrealistic.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by mantraa: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2009
"I like the spirit of your OP but alas it is unrealistic."

It is not beyond the intelligence of people like me, yourself, and the poster to make that hope a reality, eventually.

I think that common sense will inevitably win in the end. It's just a matter of time.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Abuzola(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2009
Is sharing opinion and discussing it a gravely crime ?

Why the fear
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2009
Two words are mutually exclusive, and they are No, Lord! It is either you have Jesus as your Lord and you say "yes, Lord" or you say No. You cannot say No to Him and still call Him Lord. The genesis of the conflict started in the conflict in Genesis, where Adam rebelled against God and started what is called false religions and philosophies that is being pratised today.

The genesis of the conflict all started at the conflict as narrated in the book of Genesis. God created Adam in His own image and made him the vice-regent on earth, only to be accountable to Him, but Adam chose to do his own will by eating out of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and so he took the lead in the use of cults, religions and ideologies ie -isms which is man's way of solving the human problem.

Isms that came out this fall are many which are man's false philosophies: Atheism, Agnotism, Animism, Polytheism, dualism, Monotheism, Deism, Theism, Existentialism, Humanism, Rationalism, Materialism, Capitalism, Facism, Marxism, Communism, Colonialism, Mysticsm, Pantheism, Moonism, Open Theism, Multiculturalism, etc. The list goes on. The only ism that I subscribe to are baptisms and evangelism wink .

Practically, they all boil down to two major philosophies: Evolutionism which is the main axiom for atheists, humanists, naturalists, deists as in the case of the OP, materialists and even feminists and homosexualists shocked (who are now known as secular humanists), facists, colonialists, communists and surprisingly open theists; and Biblical creationists on the other hand, who are essentially bible believing Christians.

Evolutionary theory is a faith based on fancy while biblical creation is based on facts. In evolutionary theory man is free to make his rules of living, but in biblical creation, God makes the rule as to where humanity lives, what we are to do, and what we are to eat and not to eat. Evolution is based on coincidence while creation is based on providence, evolution depends on random choice while biblical creation depends on design choice. In evolution they believe everything is a result of a cosmic accident while in biblical creation we believe that we are all here as a result of a deliberate design.

Creation is a faith based on facts while evolution is based on fancy. In biblical Creation you have the Father God, in evolution you have the mother nature. In Creation you have a Personal choice but in evolution you have impersonal chance. You have a designed purpose in biblical creation but in evolution you have a random pattern; In creation you have supernatural production and in evolution you have natural production; In creation we have an open situation, in evolution you have a closed system; In creation we have providence, in evolution you have coincidence; In creation we have a God who is free to make man in His Own Image but in evolution you have man who is free to make God in his own image. God is Lord in creation but man is lord in evolution. The two worldviews are therefore mutually exclusive.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ huxley
no i do not expect everyone to become a deist, if people find peace in their religion thats fine by me

@mantraa, pastor AIO
thanks for the welcome, and yes i do believe everyone can reach a common ground (agree to disagree)

please keep your thoughts coming,,am still waiting on noetic and others
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by manmustwac(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
@doubleh
religion is the reason why nigeria is not progressing the masses would rather wait for mister nobody to come down from the sky and solve their problems instead of holding their leaders to accountabiltiy like in iran
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by jagunlabi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2009
@doubleh,first of all,welcome onboard this groovy train.Secondly,without all them frictions and conflicts,this forum will not be that groovy and rocking.The nairaland religious forum is a scream,really,and all thanks go to the useless,silly,pointless animousity between christians,muslims,and atheists on this forum.
This place rocks,so let us keep it that way.More and more drama,please! grin 
Have you had your portion of drama today?
Where are the waiters?
noetic2,davidylan,olaadegbu,abuzola,olabowale,tudor,huxley2!
Please y'all get cracking! wink
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
@jagunlabi, thanks for the welcome

@manmustwacc, surely u r not blaming religion alone for all nigeria's problems
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by manmustwac(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2009
doubleh:

@jagunlabi, thanks for the welcome

@manmustwacc, surely u r not blaming religion alone for all nigeria's problems
well then religion is the main problem the masses would rather pray in the hope that mister nobody will come down from the sky and solve thier problems. They beleive that everything dey mister nobody's hands. But they can't understand that mister nobody don't exist that everything is in thier hands and they have to hold thier leaders to accountability.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2009
manmustwac:

well then religion is the main problem the masses would rather pray in the hope that mister nobody will come down from the sky and solve thier problems. They beleive that everything dey mister nobody's hands. But they can't understand that mister nobody don't exist that everything is in thier hands and they have to hold thier leaders to accountability.

i feel ur frustration, but not all people r that lazy, i know people who r religious and yet very hard working, anyway keep the posts coming
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Tudor6(f): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2009
First of all let me say welcome to the religion section doubleh, it's the most dramatic section on NL. Here you'll see characters ranging from very stupid to extremely wierd, with reasonable ones inbetween. Let me quickly reiterate that am innocent of all charges.
Now to the essence of this thread, i personally don't think people display hate and anger here, rather healthy discussions and arguments take place, even though sometimes things might get out of hand and insults and fists fly around. I think it's inevitable when sensitive topics like religion are discussed.
doubleh:

@ huxley
no i do not expect everyone to become a deist, if people find peace in their religion thats fine by me

@mantraa, pastor AIO
thanks for the welcome, and yes i do believe everyone can reach a common ground (agree to disagree)

please keep your thoughts coming,,am still waiting on noetic and others
Religions most often than not promote practices which are a danger to humanity and society at large - take for example islam encourages believers to slay or murder unbelievers [like me], amputate, enslave, behead, rape and thigh little children, promising them heaven and 72 virgins if they do all these for allah- just the other day abuzola was threatening to jihad us all, even vowed to voodoo the moderator till he regrets ever being a mod! One wonders what would have happened if we were face to face.
As such we cannot "live and let live" or allow them to find peace coz that'll mean that we be dead, amputated, enslaved, harassed e.t.c and our young girls married off to 50year old men. I'm NOT willing to be killed by a religious freak, neither will i allow some useless agbaya to sleep with my daughter all in the name of finding peace or common ground. . .don't know about you. . . wink
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
For the same reasons a lion and antelope cannot both live in harmony religious people have to fight.
Ergo, Kill or be killed.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Abuzola(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2009
@tudor, now you have displayed your madness as an atheist
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ tudor and abuzola i warned earlier in the thread that this should please not turn into atheist vs theist fight, so if u guys want to continue your arguments, there r already lots of threads before this u can both go and continue your exchange,
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Sauron1: 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2009
doubleh:

This has to be the most sensible post i have read on this section for 2 years!!!
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Abuzola(m): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2009
You should forward that to the atheist who started the whole fuss or are you in support of his action cuz i know how the non muslim are fond of collaborating to fight Islam. Peace out !
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2009
Abuzola:

You should forward that to the atheist who started the whole fuss or are you in support of his action cuz i know how the non muslim are fond of collaborating to fight Islam. Peace out !

i directed my post to everyone, i am not taking sides with anyone , as i said in my original post i am a deist, all am asking is for a civil discussion , not a thread to exchange missiles
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Tudor6(f): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2009
I wonder why abuzola is always rearing for a fight!
My post was directed at doubleh as i was trying to explain my position by giving examples.
Abuzola back off me abeg.

You see doubleh what i'm talking about? Even as i was trying to clarify issues some muslim came screaming blue murder. Like i said confrontations are inevitable.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Gabry(f): 5:02am On Jul 13, 2009
LOL! Poster, I like u especially when you ask those questions grin
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by yommyuk: 5:31am On Jul 13, 2009
I am now starting to get it
birds of the same feather sad
By their fruits you shall know them cool
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2009
yommyuk:

I am now starting to get it
birds of the same feather sad
By their fruits you shall know them cool

i dont understand what u mean?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by doubleh: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
whats happening still havent heard from noetic, daviddylan and others!!!!
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Nezan(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2009
There must be arguments. Arguments are healthy for any society.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by noetic2: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2009
doubleh:

whats happening still havent heard from noetic, daviddylan and others!!!!

honestly there is little or nothing left to be said.
Most religious and non-religious positions/opinion/beliefs oppose each other, and as such the believers tend to state their case. In stating their case, lots of interpretations are made. Some have interpreted my posts to fighting, which is false. Those words are just my way of expressing myself. neither am I evangelising. . . . I am simply stating my opinion from an objective point of view.

a. take for instance the muslims believe that Jesus is a mere prophet. . .  , thats blasphemous to a christian. Jesus is God.

b.the christian says that mohammed is a false prophet and a paedophilia. . . ,  .the muslims finds this fact blasphemous.

c. A christian wonders why mohammed elevated a moon-god (allah) to a big status. . . . .he also cannot understand why muslims have to kill all non-muslims and why mohammed has to have sex with a 9 year old. . . .yet a muslim says mohammed is the best creature that ever lived.

d. the atheist considers it stupid for xtians and muslims to believe in the existence of a nihilant and inert God ,  . .  . .christians cannot understand why anyone could be so intellectually bankrupt to disbelieve in the existence of God with all prevailing evidences. ,  . . .the atheist considers this evidences unacceptable and untenable. . . . .the christian asks the atheist to produce his own evidences to support his disbelief. . . .the atheist resorts to insults and name calling.

e. the atheist offers evolution as an alternative to creation. . .  ,  the christian asks questions about evolution and the atheist cannot answer. evolution is subsequently rubbished,  . . . .the atheist resorts to insults and unprintable words.

The beliefs and disbelief of all sides involved oppose and contradict each other. The best thing about it all is the freedom of speech and expression, superiority of the intellectual argument and objective reasoning that has been repeatedly attempted to be practised by the christian community on nairaland.
IT is only ironic that the muslims have failed to allow issues with regards to mohammed, allah, paedophilia, apostates killing, sharia law and islamic injustice to be debated. . . they have resorted to e-terrorism.
The atheists on the other hand have simply resorted to full blown intellectual bankruptcy and mental incapacity. . . . look around the religion section. . . .one should be ashamed of the quality of posts credited to atheists and deists.

So in answering the OP question. . .I dont expect everyone to be a christian. .  . . but I dont think anyone should be heartless (islam) or ignorant (atheist)
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by noetic2: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2009
doubleh. . . , welcome to nairaland.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by toneyb: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
noetic2:

d. the atheist considers it stupid for xtians and muslims to believe in the existence of a nihilant and inert God ,  . .  . .christians cannot understand why anyone could be so intellectually bankrupt to disbelieve in the existence of God with all prevailing evidences. ,  . . .the atheist considers this evidences unacceptable and untenable. . . . .the christian asks the atheist to produce his own evidences to support his disbelief. . . .the atheist resorts to insults and name calling.

e. the atheist offers evolution as an alternative to creation. . .  ,  the christian asks questions about evolution and the atheist cannot answer. evolution is subsequently rubbished,  . . . .the atheist resorts to insults and unprintable words.

I have NEVER seen you present any evidence for your god. Where is the EVIDENCE? Claims are not evidence are they?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Tudor6(f): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
noetic2:

honestly there is little or nothing left to be said.
Most religious and non-religious positions/opinion/beliefs oppose each other, and as such the believers tend to state their case. In stating their case, lots of interpretations are made. Some have interpreted my posts to fighting, which is false. Those words are just my way of expressing myself. neither am I evangelising. . . . I am simply stating my opinion from an objective point of view.

a. take for instance the muslims believe that Jesus is a mere prophet. . .  , thats blasphemous to a christian. Jesus is God.

b.the christian says that mohammed is a false prophet and a paedophilia. . . ,  .the muslims finds this fact blasphemous.

c. A christian wonders why mohammed elevated a moon-god (allah) to a big status. . . . .he also cannot understand why muslims have to kill all non-muslims and why mohammed has to have sex with a 9 year old. . . .yet a muslim says mohammed is the best creature that ever lived.

The beliefs and disbelief of all sides involved oppose and contradict each other. The best thing about it all is the freedom of speech and expression, superiority of the intellectual argument and objective reasoning that has been repeatedly attempted to be practised by the christian community on nairaland.
IT is only ironic that the muslims have failed to allow issues with regards to mohammed, allah, paedophilia, apostates killing, sharia law and islamic injustice to be debated. . . they have resorted to e-terrorism.
The atheists on the other hand have simply resorted to full blown intellectual bankruptcy and mental incapacity. . . . look around the religion section. . . .[b]one should be ashamed of the quality of posts credited to atheists [/b]and deists.

So in answering the OP question. . .I dont expect everyone to be a christian. .  . . but I dont think anyone should be heartless (islam) or ignorant (atheist)
Doubleh, The highlighted above are all LIES. I urge you to disregard them while the rest have some truth in it.
In the annals of NL no christian by whatever badge has EVER provided hard empirical evidence as to the existence of god. Neither has evolution been "rubbished" as falsely claimed.

Noetic stop lying to the new guy we all know the truth.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by toneyb: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2009
noetic2:

Why must you keep bandying this great LIE? There are millions of christian that believe in evolution just as there are million of atheist that do not believe in evolution. Evolution is not a alternative to creationism because creationism is a myth. You believe that your god created the world in 6 days right? Where is your scientific evidence that support any of this claim? Some scientific evidence that support creationism will do. So far NO christian has been able to provide any. Attacking evolution does not count, Where are your scientific evidence that support creationism?

Neotic: Do you believe in creationism?

Toneyb: No I don't because it is a myth that has no scientific evidence and most of its claims have been disproved by science.

Neotic: Are you trying to say that all the evidence you see around you do not count?

Toneyb: What evidence are you talking about.

Noetic: All the evidence that you see around you are evidence for the god of the bible.

Toneyb: What I see around me is evidence for environment and vision. If you say your god created them then where is your scientific evidence that support your claims? What prediction does creationism make? How can it be tested and falsified like the Theory of evolution?

Noetic: Evolution is the tale of satan and has been disprove over abd over again on nairalan.

Toneyb: The people that talk about evolution on niaraland know little or nothing about evolution, if they did they will present their scientific paper to the NAS that disproves evolution and earn a Nobel peace prize. They can't do that because they surely do not know what they are talking about.

Noetic: Are you stupid? do you have a brain? Must you always display your ignorance? Are you intelligent at all? I said evolution has been falsified and disproved on nairaland.(Foaming in the mouth)

Toneyb: Let's not get all worked up. Where is your scientific evidence for creationism?

Noetic: I don't have any evidence other than majestic sunsets that show the glory of the bible god but we don't care, Jesus is on our side and he is the only truth.

Toneyb:  grin grin (Runs away laughing).
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by noetic2: 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ Tudor, Toneyb and all other pathetic atheists.

Lets assume I am lying about evolution where are ur answers to the evolution questions I asked here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-279631.0.html

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Catholism Is False Religion!!! / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? / Stop Joking With Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.