Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co (10475 Views)

Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / 20 - 20 Questions From Huxley In The Huxley-Noetic Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
isnt it funny that charlatans like scylla would rather "discuss" creationism than face up to the crass nonsense they post in defence of evolution?

SCYLLA:

True these animals you mention have not changed much for a very long time, are there those that have done so? and if there are is your judgement not a bit irrational?

But you cant find any that have changed either . . . doesnt that make your argument downright false?

SCYLLA:

Nobody believes your lab fairytales david go and sleep!
Na true any fossil that does not fit into your theory is the one in which false claims are made, the fossils of the horse nko? oh I forgot they were forged.

You dont need to "believe" . . . no one begged you to. continue stewing in ur ignorance.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

i do not know any organism  that has changed into a different organism, do you? wht question do u have on creation and God
Even with fossil records?
You really believe God created us? I mean do you literally believe genesis or you have got your tweaks, we can start from the age of the earth, what is your estimate?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

isnt it funny that charlatans like scylla would rather "discuss" creationism than face up to the crass nonsense they post in defence of evolution?

But you cant find any that have changed either . . . doesnt that make your argument downright false?

You dont need to "believe" . . . no one begged you to. continue stewing in ur ignorance.
grin grin grin grin grin You would have been better off working for a babalawo at Ijebu, hehehehehehehehehe thats if you are not there now all this internet things self.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
@horse
By the way evidence that God created us will be extremely useful.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
YES i do believe God created us, strongly, and my estimate is the earth is very, very, very old, why, because before God began creation the earth already existed but was "without form and void".
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
SCYLLA:

Even with fossil records?
You really believe God created us? I mean do you literally believe genesis or you have got your tweaks, we can start from the age of the earth, what is your estimate?

pure rubbish . . . why did you avoid the question horse asked? DO YOU KNOW ANY ORGANISM THAT HAS CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT ORGANISM?

@ horse and noetic . . . pls i would implore you both to NOT entertain ANY questions as regards creationism . . . its high time we stop rewarding these scoffers with having to explain anything as long as they cant substantiate their own point of view.

When it was time to "discuss" evolution they all melted away while scylla waffled all through. Now its time to "discuss" creationism all ears are perking up.

Pls do me just this one favour. thank you. From now on it will be 50-50, we discuss and they discuss too.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

YES i do believe God created us, strongly, and my estimate is the earth is very, very, very old, why, because before God began creation the earth already existed but was "without form and void".
So God did not create the earth do you have any ideas about who did?
What do you mean by without form and void?
Where is the evidence to support this claim?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
SCYLLA:

@horse
By the way evidence that God created us will be extremely useful.

it would have been "extremely more useful" if you could provide us with any evidence that evolution made us who we are today . . .
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

pure rubbish . . . why did you avoid the question horse asked? DO YOU KNOW ANY ORGANISM THAT HAS CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT ORGANISM?

@ horse and noetic . . . pls i would implore you both to NOT entertain ANY questions as regards creationism . . . its high time we stop rewarding these scoffers with having to explain anything as long as they cant substantiate their own point of view.

When it was time to "discuss" evolution they all melted away while scylla waffled all through. Now its time to "discuss" creationism all ears are perking up.

Pls do me just this one favour. thank you. From now on it will be 50-50, we discuss and they discuss too.
cry cry baby are you afraid , dont worry mommy horse and noetic are coming,
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
SCYLLA:

So God did not create the earth do you have any ideas about who did?
What do you mean by without form and void?
Where is the evidence to support this claim?

What do YOU mean by evolution?
Where is YOUR evidence to support that claim?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
luk at your anatomy that is enough evidence, your kidneys perform an engineering feet that no engineer can equal, your heartbeat is just right, not too low, not too fast to keep you alive, the correct arrangement of every organ in your body, different kinds of hormones that control your physiology at the right time in the right amount. u are a miracle, u r enaph proof that God exists nad He created you.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
SCYLLA:

cry cry baby are you afraid , dont worry mommy horse and noetic are coming,

afraid of exactly what? Pls dont place yourself on a pedestal you dont deserve . . . answer simple questions and you will get your own answers.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Tudor6(f): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:
I asked for an example and this is what you come up with? the same silly escapist "oh you're a scientist so you shld know"? If you're making the argument doesnt that mean YOU SHOULD KNOW?

Climatic changes cause natural selection . . . GIVE US AN EXAMPLE WHERE IT HAS CAUSED EVOLUTION because both are NOT the same.

You have admitted it,climate changes causes natural selection, IS NATURAL SELECTION NOT A ONE OF THE DRIVING FORCES OF EVOLUTION?? What else are you looking for?!
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

What do YOU mean by evolution?
Where is YOUR evidence to support that claim?
Are you afraid,
horse703:

luk at your anatomy that is enough evidence, your kidneys perform an engineering feet that no engineer can equal, your heartbeat is just right, not too low, not too fast to keep you alive, the correct arrangement of every organ in your body, different kinds of hormones that control your physiology at the right time in the right amount. u are a miracle, u r enaph proof that God exists.
So that is proof that God exists? Is that your proof eh? and what if I tell you I was born with faulty kidneys? How about people with hormonal imbalance or do those people not exist?
Common now, for you to have gone to lengths to falsify evolution you have something better to offer than this argument , hey kanu heart foundation signed a deal with an italian company today, surely you are aware there are kids born with heart defects no?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

afraid of exactly what? Pls dont place yourself on a pedestal you dont deserve . . . answer simple questions and you will get your own answers.
You wish I was debating with you but I am not you are just moronic.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
i culd go on and explain my only evidence i have for u is the bilble and my own life experiences following God, that is my "empirical" evidence bt u wuld not accept them wuld u?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Tudor6(f): 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

luk at your anatomy that is enough evidence, your kidneys perform an engineering feet that no engineer can equal, your heartbeat is just right, not too low, not too fast to keep you alive, the correct arrangement of every organ in your body, different kinds of hormones that control your physiology at the right time in the right amount. u are a miracle, u r enaph proof that God exists nad He created you.
This is no evidence for god. Nature has been known to create random orderly design. I.e climate and erosion can erode a rock to look like a face.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

i culd go on and explain my only evidence i have for u is the bilble and my own life experiences following God, that is my "empirical" evidence bt u wuld not accept them wuld u?
Look there are very good arguments out there for the existence of God, good and mostly vacous, that you can only come up with the bible being your evidence is so sad and makes me wonder.
If I explained evolution for you based on my personal experiences would you accept it?
The bible on the other hand is not evidence, just the writings of men, I am sure you know what evidence means?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2009
at wht frequency do those random events occur tudor to be able to create u?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

What if that was from his personal experience?
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
u see i can give personal experiences like how i was miraculously healed, u say u can give your life experience with evolution  and how it has affected you, really i wuld like to know shocked shocked
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

u see i can give personal experiences like how i was miraculously healed, u say u can give your life experience with evolution  and how it has affected you, really i wuld like to know shocked shocked
there is no such thing as a miracle, your doc misdiagnosed you or you are dying slowly, hehehehehe
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
do u wish i was dead shocked shocked
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

do u wish i was dead shocked shocked
Not at all I am sure the first two seasons of House M.D. would set you straight, rush to your nearest series dealer now!!
After watching it you will know how things can really go wrong medically and why some people seem to have spiritual sickness.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by SCYLLA: 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
to me u luk like a very objective person but to base your arguments on an AMERICAN tv series, which is not even a reality show is way below the belt scylla, the AMERICANS invented THE MENTALIST for crying out loud!! wht series of theirs is real to you scylla? and please answer my question wht experience
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by horse703: 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
there is a better link OVguide.com
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by noetic2: 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
SCYLLA:

Yeah right I am done can we start now pretty please!!!!

so what part of genesis dont u understand? feel free to express ur IGNORANCE.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Tudor6(f): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

i don't know the frequency but the important thing is THEY DO OCCUR.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by Krayola(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

haha, rubbish? That by itself is waaaaaaay more evidence than Genesis.

They found fossils we know were not planted. . . of different human-like species, and even other non human species that are now extinct; U have a book that u don't even know who wrote. If fossils do not prove evolution, they at least make it a more reasonable theory than "Let there be . . . . . . "
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by bindex(m): 1:08am On Jul 15, 2009
Krayola:

haha, rubbish? That by itself is waaaaaaay more evidence than Genesis.

They found fossils we know were not planted. . . of different human-like species, and even other non human species that are now extinct; U have a book that u don't even know who wrote. If fossils do not prove evolution, they at least make it a more reasonable theory than "Let there be . . . . . . "

The FOOL said the mythical moses wrote what happened grin grin grin. I could not help but laugh with scorn at the hopeless and deluded slowpoke.
Re: To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co by mazaje(m): 2:02am On Jul 15, 2009
horse703 said: Mazaje your reason there is exactly why u wil not recognise a miracle even if it happened under your nose. y do u need scientisfic evidence to show that miracles do exist then it wont be a miracle wuld it? and are u guys saying scientists have explanations for everything in this world, ofcourse not and besides which group of scientists have ever stood up to start writing papers on miracles, if u have any please make it known to me.

If a person says that he was healed through prayers or through his pastors touch then there should be some evidence for that. Independent doctors or medical records to show that the person was truly sick and and an independent doctors report to show that he was really cured of his/her sickness will do. So far non of these has ever happened. All we hear are fraudulent claims of miracle healing, if god truly heals people why cant any of the imaginary deities heal an amputee and make his/her amputated limbs grow back? I thought you guys keep shouting and claiming that your imaginary deities can do all things?

Read this article "One of the most scientifically rigorous studies yet, published earlier this month, found that the prayers of a distant congregation did not reduce the major complications or death rate in patients hospitalized for heart treatments."

"A review of 17 past studies of ''distant healing," published in 2003 by a British researcher, found no significant effect for prayer or other healing methods."

Apart from scientific studies there is NO evidence to show that those who pray are batter off than those who do not. If miracles truly happen we won't be having this conversation as toneyb has said. . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? / Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track. / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.