Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,589 members, 7,955,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate (24997 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by SegunMike(m): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2016
Trust God, Pray Hard, Work Hard and Know what you want.

Find a Path, else a path will find you.

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Deejay1000(m): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2016
Best post of the year op. . More of these shld make Fp to motivate the youths nt all these yeyebrities fiqhts.

Btw finishd my ND 2yrs back no moni to further my Hnd . No job to do, ended up bein a security man at a hotel. I jst pray God picks my call

12 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by LaurelP(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2016
It is in this condition u will know that there is no romance without finance.

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by martyns303(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
Very true... Am a graduate but no job. If not for my mum ehn I would have committed suicide. To even barb my hair na wahala.

Guy may God bless u beyond measures. U just gave someone encouragement, it's not all lost.

5 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2016
the worse thing anyone can do during this period is to be active on social media like BBM, instagram with Facebook being the worse, it will only make you more depressed seeing pictures of people doing things,and it just seems like you are wasting away, nice write up by the way

9 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by ehix89(m): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2016
word
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by abayomi93(m): 11:34am On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
Very true... Am a graduate but no job. If not for my mum ehn I would have committed suicide. To even barb my hair na wahala.
helo boss,what did u graduate with? You have to Look inwards,use and develop your God given abilities.if you are good at teaching,try joining a small tutorial centre you will some monies.if you can sing,then join a group.sing in the church.through that,God will connect you to people in church who might either help you financially Or get you a job.what you will ever need to make it in life you have it already.schooling has been overrated as the way to success.it was meant to help to develop your mind and prepare you for proper adult life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by caesaraba(m): 11:36am On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

the most annoying part is DT u see people u feel are not up to u academically making it posting pics online and u be like 'baba God when u go pick up my call.........it is well sha.

Verily verily I say unto thee, if any removes the bolded mentality from his mind, that is when progress sets in. Real life isn't 1+1=2. Four years in a school somewhere is hardly what determines a person's success for the rest of their lives. That is why you'll see colleagues who are earning the same amount, one is building his second house, the other only has a car loan to show for so many years of working.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Olufumzy(f): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2016
Quite true tho..I just know it can only get better..

Scenarios like this mold u for a better future..itz gonna b part of d success story..
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by initialize(m): 11:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Never Give Up

" You are totally forgotten like one of a woman’s breasts during pre-intimacy" - I laughed so hard when I read this line.

Very true brother
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Olufumzy(f): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2016
cekhoe:
the worse thing anyone can do during this period is to be active on social media like BBM, instagram with Facebook being the worse, it will only make you more depressed seeing pictures of people doing things,and it just seems like you are wasting away, nice write up by the way
I am telling u..social media makes it worse sometimes..especially when u see those u were better off academically (pride not intended) making it and posting pictures of themselves abroad..
but itz gonna b well in d end

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by initialize(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Olufumzy:

I am telling u..social media makes it worse sometimes..especially when u see those u were better off academically (pride not intended) making it and posting pictures of themselves abroad..
but itz gonna b well in d end

Add Ovation Magazines... The way pple display money in that mag can make someone consider money rituals

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by viktor01(m): 11:46am On Feb 25, 2016
SO on point.
I can relate and sometimes, it just continues like that until you eventually say "I quit" (suicide)
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Olufumzy(f): 11:47am On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
Hi..i dont know u o but all I can say is "no matter how long d tunnel is,diaz always light at d end..".. i am in a similar case bt I bless God for my kind of parents especially my mum..dey r understanding.. whatz ur real name?..let me put u in my prayers too..e go better..

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 25, 2016
I told my babe, if u can't wait 4 me, den find another man.. Now, she's having a re-think & been all nice & friendly wen she got information that, i have worked out a nice paying job 4 myself..
Guys, make una bone all dis Post-NYSC babes.. If they can't wait 4 u, hell off.. Period!!! As far as i'm concerned, ur wyf stil dey SS3 or 100level. Cos, just as the writer said, our mentality with their own is different.. The see your aspirations as too slow for their goals.. Which of course is.. this silly marriage calculations on their head

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Masculity(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:

when I was in school, my thought was oh God when would this suffering would end, to my greatest surprise it stated the morment spent my last alawee.

Life is full of obsatcles man have to be strong. I believe everything shal come to pass. By God grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by kulay1(m): 11:57am On Feb 25, 2016
Thank you for sharing this @ op

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by sarutobie(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
grin barber shop kwa? As far back as my year 1 I saved up money and got myself a hair clipper..from university days through national youth service I no waste money for barber hand back then..you have to be economical in this trying times brother..remember,as long as there is life and health,there is hope..a lot of people will give back all the money they've made just to be able to get up from the sick bed and walk on their feet..

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by stoicism: 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by lastmessenger: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
Another major problem is pride. I can do any legitimate thing to make money.don't sit there and complain.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by ibullem(m): 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by dungburu: 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
This op's post nearly make me cry because its like he is studying my present situation to offer this post. Actually, am 29 and am seriously looking for job. I finished from ABU zaria. life has never been easy o. Even the secondary schools that pays 15k have refused to offer job because there is no vacancy. Most of our mothers are great, They have been a great succour in this jobless climes. I will just wake up in the morning and start roaming aimlessly because no body is home n am tired of being alone after have gone round to summit my cv in possible places. No where to go again. The most annoying thing is that ppl will keep asking same question everyday that how far? "Have u gotten a Job? " I have resulted into dodging those ppl any time I sight them coming to avoid story that touches.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Odunharry(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
All is well already

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Flawlessangel(m): 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Truer words has never been said
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by UncleJudax(m): 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
Learn to do some things by yourself. You can give yourself a haircut...unless you still do gallas abi moonhawk grin

Also, try and pick up some handwork. Being a man is never easy.

Your female coursemates are probably all married or about to...but you have to make your money yourself.

Take care!
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Flawlessangel(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Olufumzy:

Hi..i dont know u o but all I can say is "no matter how long d tunnel is,diaz always light at d end..".. i am in a similar case bt I bless God for my kind of parents especially my mum..dey r understanding.. whatz ur real name?..let me put u in my prayers too..e go better..

wow girl you are so nice, you want to pray for him even though you are in a similar situation, God bless you

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by UncleJudax(m): 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
dungburu:
This op's post nearly make me cry because its like he is studying my present situation to offer this post. Actually, am 29 and am seriously looking for job. I finished from ABU zaria. life has never been easy o. Even the secondary schools that pays 15k have refused to offer job because there is no vacancy. Most of our mothers are great, They have been a great succour in this jobless climes. I will just wake up in the morning and start roaming aimlessly because no body is home n am tired of being alone after have gone round to summit my cv in possible places. No where to go again. The most annoying thing is that ppl will keep asking same question everyday that how far? "Have u gotten a Job? " I have resulted into dodging those ppl any time I sight them coming to avoid story that touches.
Some go ask you 'how work'?...and you be like...fffine! grin

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by twinklestar(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
The travails of the Nigerian graduate is quite heart wrenching and tormenting. Often times, when the reality becomes too encumbering, making ur mind wander off to 'worry land' frequently; well meaning elderly folks give u 2 types of advice - GOd's time is the best or compare thyself not with others.

My riposte is to ask 2 questions-
what is success if not measured against failure?
What is the essence of tertiary education if it doesn't translate to tangible economic well being?. The 2nd question is especially painful if u did well academically.

A friend - who studied mech eng - struggling to get an appropriate job said; " doing a job outside and below my qualification makes me feel like I'm being buried alive"

In the end, it dawned on me that the ignominy of unemployed graduates is compounded by uncertainties in the Nigerian polity landscape

I dare say our hopes and dreams is being muffled by past and ongoing realities.
I join all other unemployed and underemployed graduates in crying out "[i]when will the manna fall ?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by ikept(m): 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Xo xo true
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by chidamysy: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
For this Post alone, You will make heaven
Olufumzy:

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Olufumzy(f): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
chidamysy:
For this Post alone, You will make heaven

Amen..Thanx.

2 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by knowsir: 12:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
The truth is that the government has no clear cut solution to the problem of mass unemployment in Nigeria.I encourage all nigerian graduates to look inwards to discover what they are good at and strive to be the best in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JOB: I Just Got An Invite From The Address Below. Please How Real It Is ? / NNPC Reschedules Oral Interview / What Are You Currently Doing While Waiting For The Dream Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.