Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate (24775 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Toonice(m): 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
E no easy jare, am presently in d school studying criminology and security studies in NOUN, with d help of God. Na okada work I tey dey pay my scool fees. And now d okada don old and is giving me a lot of trouble. Am just praying to God I won't stop d program. Because I love to be a graduate by all means. Wat make things worse is dat am married with 2 Son. To eat now self Na Baba God. May God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by wkkwl: 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
AdmiralDru:

In life, no one owes you anything. You're on your own.

Alot of money bro,
If you have those papers...

There is no limit to what you can achieve really...

Is it touring the world, what have you,dating the hottest chick..fulfilling your dreams
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by tbliss22(m): 12:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
Deejay1000:
Best post of the year op. . More of these shld make Fp to motivate the youths nt all these yeyebrities fiqhts.

Btw finishd my ND 2yrs back no moni to further my Hnd . No job to do, ended up bein a security man at a hotel. I jst pray God picks my call

God bless your hustle bro, very soon God will surprise you
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by onyeomanono24(f): 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Guy u funny ooooooo. Laughing alone in the office.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Heineken:
Very true... Am a graduate but no job. If not for my mum ehn I would have committed suicide. To even barb my hair na wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by viktor01(m): 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
dungburu:
This op's post nearly make me cry because its like he is studying my present situation to offer this post. Actually, am 29 and am seriously looking for job. I finished from ABU zaria. life has never been easy o. Even the secondary schools that pays 15k have refused to offer job because there is no vacancy. Most of our mothers are great, They have been a great succour in this jobless climes. I will just wake up in the morning and start roaming aimlessly because no body is home n am tired of being alone after have gone round to summit my cv in possible places. No where to go again. The most annoying thing is that ppl will keep asking same question everyday that how far? "Have u gotten a Job? " I have resulted into dodging those ppl any time I sight them coming to avoid story that touches.

In the end, all will be fine and if it is not fine, then it's not the end.
Trust God.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by onyeomanono24(f): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thank you OP for this post, Now the wordings contained in this write up got me LOL eg Smelling a rich man fart and sitting like a secretary taking mins of your folks. grin grin grin grin grin grin
agobentim:

https://www.facebook.com/WbsTvUganda/posts/967701073268464
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Dolypson04(m): 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
I am a PCM. Officially graduated in November and since then I have been jobless. You know, no one wants to hire a guy that wouldn't spend six months at least.
I know how it feels to be jobless and broke already. I read a lot anyway to make up for my idleness and am telling u am braced up for d future already.
Being an employee doesn't thrill me a bit. I don't know how but am confident I will make it without taking orders. I believe I can.
I recommend "The art of the hustle" by Edward Mullen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by godinbed(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
This is so deep... Kudos @op.
Life has never been easy..
But one touch from oluwa and u'd never remember how d dark times felt...
Reach down 2 ur soul, find a purpose, work with it...
God's blessings will visit sooner...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by caphone: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
One of the best post I've read so far on nairaland.... Nice write up

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by foriz4u(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
SkinnyDude:
i'm already experiencing it. ND graduate now, seeking for an I.T. placement. all the places i have been, no vacant. and i actually like the feeling and heat.. it stops me from relaxing and being lazy, thinking that am still young.. i'm 21 this month.
guy brace up! still long way to go. I got admitted to university at 21. a graduate today thought still job seeking, I no I'll get one soonest.

life is tough but we jus ve to keep going.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by foriz4u(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
Very true... Am a graduate but no job. If not for my mum ehn I would have committed suicide. To even barb my hair na wahala.
lol... guy u even need to thank ur god for giving such a loving and caring other. I'm a graduate of engineering, above 30 yet no job. somedays back my own mama refused to give me tp to go for an interview...interview o not even to cut hair n look good o.

I just keep praying to god daily to help me out cos...menh its getting really frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
SkinnyDude:
i'm already experiencing it. ND graduate now, seeking for an I.T. placement. all the places i have been, no vacant. and i actually like the feeling and heat.. it stops me from relaxing and being lazy, thinking that am still young.. i'm 21 this month.
I beg, 21 u are complaining better not complain.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
If I had know I will not open this thread, u remind me of my entire life, at 30 no savings, no job, no girlfriend, nothing seem to work for me, if not for my mum who built a bungalow and 2flat(detached) I will have no place to live.

2 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by streamsofjoy(f): 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
God bless u OP
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by jojothaiv(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
Was 23 last year... An Architectural student in the north... Also came out with distinction... Did the 1 year I.T at a financial institution... Squander all my allowances... Back for my HND with little or nothing left... Been long i went back home too... And the girl i had ain't into me like that... Pops is an old man and he's busy toiling for my future.. Mum do say a few prayer whenever she called too... All in all, Everything will be alright at the end... This your post is just too emotional for me to handle... May God shine his face on everybody here...

2 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by GambaOsaka: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
cekhoe:
the worse thing anyone can do during this period is to be active on social media like BBM, instagram with Facebook being the worse, it will only make you more depressed seeing pictures of people doing things,and it just seems like you are wasting away, nice write up by the way

And when you cross path with an old friend or classmate who has been fortunate to get things moving for him or her, the fellow takes you unawares and asks , ''Where are u? ", which literally means - ''Where you dey work?".
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Deejay1000(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
tbliss22:

God bless your hustle bro, very soon God will surprise you
amen, thankz man
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by nekede11(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good write up,all na true talk
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by charlycharly: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
Codyt:
Funny but true.

What's so special about being FTC now? grin wink

If you don't find anything special why can't you just move on and keep quiet.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
foriz4u:

lol... guy u even need to thank ur god for giving such a loving and caring other. I'm a graduate of engineering, above 30 yet no job. somedays back my own mama refused to give me tp to go for an interview...interview o not even to cut hair n look good o.

I just keep praying to god daily to help me out cos...menh its getting really frustrating.
nawao... God must bless us soon bro.. I understand cos am there too. It's not easy. Atyms she go give me 1k I go happy ehn. Atyms 2h just to hold. As am typing this you won't believe me,50 naira I don't have anywhere but I believe. In the end, we must smile. That am very sure
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
onyeomanono24:
Guy u funny ooooooo. Laughing alone in the office.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol... As in ehn I tire sef.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
UncleJudax:

Learn to do some things by yourself. You can give yourself a haircut...unless you still do gallas abi moonhawk grin

Also, try and pick up some handwork. Being a man is never easy.

Your female coursemates are probably all married or about to...but you have to make your money yourself.

Take care!
thanks bro.. As it is now I need barb this my big head myself seriously.. Na to dey look mirror na.. I go just collect the 2h from my mumsy palm am instead of giving Barber.
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
sarutobie:

grin barber shop kwa? As far back as my year 1 I saved up money and got myself a hair clipper..from university days through national youth service I no waste money for barber hand back then..you have to be economical in this trying times brother..remember,as long as there is life and health,there is hope..a lot of people will give back all the money they've made just to be able to get up from the sick bed and walk on their feet..
wow... Thanks man
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Olufumzy:

Hi..i dont know u o but all I can say is "no matter how long d tunnel is,diaz always light at d end..".. i am in a similar case bt I bless God for my kind of parents especially my mum..dey r understanding.. whatz ur real name?..let me put u in my prayers too..e go better..
wow..thanks so much. Am Adeyemi. I appreciate gan
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
GambaOsaka:

And when you cross path with an old friend or classmate who has been fortunate to get things moving for him or her, the fellow takes you unawares and asks , ''Where are u? ", which literally means - ''Where you dey work?".
thats the most tormenting question in this century and you will be like "I am doing one or two things to keep body and soul together, but we are hoping for the best sha",some will even insist on knowing exactly what your are doing to keep body and soul together

3 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
abayomi93:
helo boss,what did u graduate with? You have to Look inwards,use and develop your God given abilities.if you are good at teaching,try joining a small tutorial centre you will some monies.if you can sing,then join a group.sing in the church.through that,God will connect you to people in church who might either help you financially Or get you a job.what you will ever need to make it in life you have it already.schooling has been overrated as the way to success.it was meant to help to develop your mind and prepare you for proper adult life.
bro na 2.2 I read mass communication. It's not as if am always looking or sleeping at home like mumu o..am trying actually but nothang. Even those we gave cv are just saying wait wait but me believe in God. This year, no more cry for us. All of us here must get a good job
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by SkinnyDude(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
foriz4u:

guy brace up! still long way to go. I got admitted to university at 21. a graduate today thought still job seeking, I no I'll get one soonest.

life is tough but we jus ve to keep going.
yes.. but i don't have to feel relaxed..
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by SkinnyDude(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
dancok:
I beg, 21 u are complaining better not complain.
i should start complaining when am 30. i'm the only son, and i want make my parents proud.. don't want to be 25, and still depending on them
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
martyns303:

Guy may God bless u beyond measures. U just gave someone encouragement, it's not all lost.
amen bro.. And you too

1 Like

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by abayomi93(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
Heineken:
bro na 2.2 I read mass communication. It's not as if am always looking or sleeping at home like mumu o..am trying actually but nothang. Even those we gave cv are just saying wait wait but me believe in God. This year, no more cry for us. All of us here must get a good job
u had a 2.2 abi?that's cool.are you a christian? If yes,the best advice I wud give to you now is to take God seriously.Go to the church and see which group you can join.i don't mean mega churches where they won't notice you because you don't have money oh.go to a bible living church that's not too big.If its teaching you can do,tell them that you want to join the teaching group.if you can sing,join choir.if you can act,join the drama group.The reason why I can give you this hint is because I am a beneficiary from the church's grace.you will get people there who would care about you an help you get a Job. The bible says;"the gift of a man maketh ways for him"

2 Likes

Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Heineken(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
initialize:
Never Give Up

" You are totally forgotten like one of a woman’s breasts during pre-intimacy" - I laughed so hard when I read this line.

Very true brother
lol.. Badt guy
Re: The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate by Pheelpraizly(m): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
@Olufumzy, Put me in prayers too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Screenshots Of My Conversation With A Chinese Recruiter Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.