Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? (2260 Views)

Ladies, What Do You Do If You See This Message On Your Fiance's Phone? / If Your Fiance/fiancee Collected This At A Buffet, How Will You React? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by IGWEUSA(m): 2:36am On Jul 14, 2009
platinumnk:

I am not on her side, there are two sides to a coin and its quite suspicious when he mentions american citizenship when she been having her papers that shows me a shift of focus.

Plantimuk you probably have diferrent personal issues you to deal with which have manifested in the silly questions you

are bombarding the poster with. You kept on hammering the fact the the poster mentioned AMERCAN CITIZEN in his thread headline,

despite the fact that he has consumed enough time to elucidate his point. Didnt your English Profs teach you how to use attention

grabbers while writting a headline?

Anyway, I guess you are a carbon copy of the lady in question.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 14, 2009
@poster
your two last post made a lot of sense and now i can see where you are coming from. I think your fiance is pissed at you for not making the move to US as soon as possible. she must be stressed out from being alone, stressed out from being far away from you but, in my humble opinion, she must be pissed because she is giving you a chance to come to the US and you pass on it. i guess for some people, the US is the Eldorado and therefore she might be upset thinking that "here is your chance to come to the US and be with her but instead you are using your HEAD". she might think that the reason you want to stay is another than finish your post graduate (girls etc). some women in love make absolutely no sense so at least make sense for the both of you.
you seem like a smart person and therefore use your better judgment in this case. going to the US with nothing to show for and start doing"menial" jobs is not an option for someone who is "living well" in his own home. love might make people do stupid things but once in a while you find intelligent people who use their heads accordingly.
talk to her, as i hope that you guys can communicate without having arguments. use whatever tool you can to make her understand that the job market, however she wants to see it, is not steady and strong in your field and it IS much better to finish your studies before leaving with no prospects other than being with your loved one.
BUT even if that problem is solved, there is absolutely NO REASON for the insults and you can already imagine what life being married to this cooking pot would be like.
better use that smart mind of yours in these areas as well.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by aktunde(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2009
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by congoshine(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
aktunde:

@congoshine
As terrible as I felt when making the post, your comments made me laugh. It sounded unreasonable to me, and I'm it might sound unreasonable to others too, despite all the fine boys wey we dey see for yankee. But to be very honest with every one on Nairaland and you especially, we spoke at length yesterday night. And I must tell you, your suggestion is really a part of the problem. In fact, 70% of her complaints center around what you think, my absence as the man you know? and other frustrations too.
In short, thank you all, and remain blessed. Peace!
Thats experience for you my friend wink. . . . .women are really emotional beings ! As per complaints about the title,my friend YOU CAN NEVER SATISFY EVERYBODY,if you try to you'll be in trouble & you still won't satisfy everyone.

Go with the flow & lets know what the other issue is wink
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by agabaI23(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Brown
That's exactly what i thought in my last post.

@Congoshine
I follow you ask the poster make him proceed with the second issue.
You can't satisfy most people here! Some are overtly . . . . . lipsrsealed This is a holly thread! cool
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by sistawoman: 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
Just one more thought:

She may just be emulating what she sees her mom do to her dad.

I have seen many a Nigerian woman disrespect their husbands on US soil in ways I would never dream of doing all because they know here their husbands cant just smack them and get away with it.

But stand your ground and let her know now that you will not stick around for such treatment.

If you let her get away with disrespecting you now it will only get worse.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by TheSeeker(m): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
sistawoman:

Just one more thought:

She may just be emulating what she sees her mom do to her dad.

I have seen many a Nigerian woman disrespect their husbands on US soil in ways I would never dream of doing all because they know here their husbands cant just smack them and get away with it.

But stand your ground and let her know now that you will not stick around for such treatment.

If you let her get away with disrespecting you now it will only get worse.
Now, that's my favorite woman on NL. You can see what I meant when I say some Nigerian women mess around with their men because they feel they have an edge against them, especially the ones who happen to find themselves there when they were older.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would You Do In Situation Like This? / Spiritual Wife * Physical Girlfriend - Shocking Revelations (picture) / She Is Vexing Because I Asked Her To Borrow Airtime From Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.