Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. (9117 Views)

Full-time Freelancers On Fiverr Only. Stop Fiverr Demotion / Earn Your First Dollar On Upwork-- I Will Guide You Through / Upwork Account Approval, Proposal Tips & Profile Revamp Guides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Alexis1: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
I am a new free lancer on UPWORK, so obviously there are so many thing I don't know. Nevertheless I got my first job which is going on perfectly. But now I need advice on how to relate with the employer in order not to disapoint him. Also I want you to help me on how I can get in possession of my fund at the end of the project.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with me.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by lifestyle1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
How much is the fund ?
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Alexis1: 12:55am On Feb 26, 2016
your comments might be of great help to me.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Kpimp: 2:15am On Feb 26, 2016
you can use payooner card to collect your money

2 Likes

Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by leksmedia: 5:16am On Feb 26, 2016
Hi I have been on upwork for over 3 years and for me I started it just for fun , but even when I don't apply now , I get free invites , its amazing , back to your question ,about relating with the employer please don't develop this oga mentality please I have worked with senior professionals from over 20 different countries , UK, USA, Israel , China , Kenya , South Africa just to mention a few. Act to them normally , do their job on time and always send the report of your activities even if they don't ask for it .
About getting your funds , there are several ways , you can do direct bank transfer, they charge you $30 for that and in less than 3 days you get your fund. u can also apply for a payorneer card, (though I won't advise you keep money in it , its not too safe , prone to hacking mine has been hacked and that of a friend ) I only use this when I need small cash cos it's instant payment , and u they u $5 for the transaction and u subsequently get charge $5 for every transaction you make even if u just check your account balance. Hope this answers your questions and please some of us are trying hard to create a good impression about Nigeria online don't disappoint or spoil the name of this country , always do your job on time and with excellent quality . I have a 5 star review on over 30 jobs you know what that means right ??
Alexis1:
I am a new free lancer on UPWORK, so obviously there are so many thing I don't know. Nevertheless I got my first job which is going on perfectly. But now I need advice on how to relate with the employer in order not to disapoint him. Also I want you to help me on how I can get in possession of my fund at the end of the project.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Flexherbal(m): 6:11am On Feb 26, 2016
leksmedia:
Hi I have been on upwork for over 3 years and for me I started it just for fun , but even when I don't apply now , I get free invites , its amazing , back to your question ,about relating with the employer please don't develop this oga mentality please I have worked with senior professionals from over 20 different countries , UK, USA, Israel , China , Kenya , South Africa just to mention a few. Act to them normally , do their job on time and always send the report of your activities even if they don't ask for it .
About getting your funds , there are several ways , you can do direct bank transfer, they charge you $30 for that and in less than 3 days you get your fund. u can also apply for a payorneer card, (though I won't advise you keep money in it , its not too safe , prone to hacking mine has been hacked and that of a friend ) I only use this when I need small cash cos it's instant payment , and u they u $5 for the transaction and u subsequently get charge $5 for every transaction you make even if u just check your account balance. Hope this answers your questions and please some of us are trying hard to create a good impression about Nigeria online don't disappoint or spoil the name of this country , always do your job on time and with excellent quality . I have a 5 star review on over 30 jobs you know what that means right ??
God will continue to bless people like you. You did justice to the question.

4 Likes

Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Alexis1: 2:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
@Leksmedia Thank you very much. But I have one more question. Is it advicable that i leave my money in my UPWORK account untill i get a pioneer or paypal card? Moreover which is safest?
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by leksmedia: 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Good question, apart from my bank account, Upwork is also a savings for me, i let the money accumulate to 1,000 dollars before sending it to my account. But if you do anything wrong and get ban u may lose your money lol
Alexis1:
@Leksmedia Thank you very much. But I have one more question. Is it advicable that i leave my money in my UPWORK account untill i get a pioneer or paypal card? Moreover which is safest?
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Alexis1: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
@leksmedia.

Sorry if I am asking too much. I must let you know that your answers are realy helping me.

WHAT can someone do that will warrant being banned?

2 Likes

Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by leksmedia: 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
So far you are doing the right thing you dont have to worry about being ban. Ask yourself. What will you do for police to arrest you , same thing applies applies online , if you do what you are supposed to do you don't have to worry about all this .
Alexis1:
@leksmedia.

Sorry if I am asking too much. I must let you know that your answers are realy helping me.

WHAT can someone do that will warrant being banned?

2 Likes

Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by freeman191(m): 4:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Also i would like to ask a question for those that have exhausted there free credit, how do i purchase to i can apply for jobs
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by eben123(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
leksmedia:
Pls bro can you put me through pls ??
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by leksmedia: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
I would be more than willing. Its easy,
Spend time on your profile, Draw up a very good profile.
Also focus on a category you are good at
dont use a generic a generic application
Apply for each job different and always spell out how you intend to carry out the job.
Its advisable when you are starting make your pricing very competitive , you can start with 3-4 dollar for a start depending on the category though, Just be competitive then when you have enough reviews you can increase steadily increase.
Above all , once you have been invited make sure you respond within 30 minutes when clients picks you for interview , i realise that it works wonders cos the client is usually online at that period, so making decision will be fast unlike when 30 other people have applied.
And once you have been hired, DO the job well.

eben123:

Pls bro can you put me through pls ??
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Hedonistically: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2016
leksmedia:

More grease to your elbow.

Meanwhile, how do you mean that you can withdraw funds from Upwork directly to your Nigerian bank account? Do you mean your local Nigerian bank account or a domiciliary account?
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by magicworld: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
for me i use skrill to withdraw and sell to our exchanger here. its 1 % charge to withdraw from upwork to your skrill acct and i feel that is the easier means to get your fund
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by leksmedia: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Yes you can withdraw directly to your bank , for some banks though,i only know of Fidelity and eko that accepts naira but your domiciliary account is more prefarable ,
Hedonistically:

More grease to your elbow.

Meanwhile, how do you mean that you can withdraw funds from Upwork directly to your Nigerian bank account? Do you mean your local Nigerian bank account or a domiciliary account?
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2016
I think we need to revivie this thread and share more knowledge am a developer on Upwork but because of my work i haven't used it but now am beginning to think otherwise because of the Inflation and Dollar rate. Hoping we can share more info and also encourage others to get secondary means of income. We nigerians are hardworking and dedicated. take care bros
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by joe4866: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
*,*
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by joe4866: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
Wow guys, I'm a Web designer, I can design mobile responsive websites and WordPress sites but I really don't know why I'm so bad at getting clients, sometimes I feel I'm so insignificant that I don't even get response on all my proposals, please guys What's the key to success in this fast paced platform

2 Likes

Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Vicotu2009: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
magicworld:
for me i use skrill to withdraw and sell to our exchanger here. its 1 % charge to withdraw from upwork to your skrill acct and i feel that is the easier means to get your fund

please how do I get my skrill account.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Ysakaws1: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
leksmedia:
Please I need your help on starting a career on upwork. I am a writer on fiverr and I have earned considerably through the platform. However, I need to divert to upwork for some reasons. Please I need you to kindly put me through. Help me with your whatsapp number, so we can talk more about this. I will be so much obliged if you help.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by SRK1(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Fiverr reviews needed ASAP!

I need a couple of people to order my Fiverr gig and post 5-star reviews. You will be paid your $5 back in Naira at a VERY GOOD rate!

Contact me at:

yourwriter01@gmail.com
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Chigojude: 12:10am On Nov 16, 2017
leksmedia:

hi leksmedia, I just sent u a pm...its regarding upwork. I'm new there, and having my account approved is the headache. kindly respond.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by bkuranga(m): 12:01am On Mar 30, 2018
Chigojude:

hi leksmedia, I just sent u a pm...its regarding upwork. I'm new there, and having my account approved is the headache. kindly respond.

I can help you to get your account approved in 24hrs.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by bemagnify: 6:55am On Mar 30, 2018
bkuranga:

I can help you to get your account approved in 24hrs.
How much do u charge
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by bkuranga(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2018
bemagnify:
How much do u charge
check my signature, my whatsapp no is there.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by bkuranga(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2018
bemagnify:
How much do u charge
check my signature, my whatsapp no is there.
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by macphilip: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Hello guys, you can withdraw your Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer funds at MyTopExchange
simple, fast, safe and secure service.
How to Withdraw your Funds from Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer in Nigeria
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by zazawaga(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
what is your payoneer exchange rate?
macphilip:
Hello guys, you can withdraw your Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer funds at MyTopExchange
simple, fast, safe and secure service.
How to Withdraw your Funds from Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer in Nigeria
Re: To Freelancers On UPWORK, I Need Your Help. by Philtrust: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
I will help you approve your upwork Account within 10mins Give you 12 Samples of jobs winning proposals and Nord Premium VPN all for a token
Whatsapp 07068612611

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tax Paying Scare: 362,000 New Tax Registrations Done In Nigeria / Internation Virtacoin Exchangers To Be Listed / My Experience About Farm Buisness (yam Especially).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.