Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! (47701 Views)

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach / Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Fortuna Sittard's Chief Coach / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by xclusivebaba(m): 7:45am On Feb 26, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] sorry 4 him
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by theDEVILisHERE: 7:45am On Feb 26, 2016
banmee:

So is your initial post. wink

My submissions are fact based

The prof is there for all to see
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Lionofdjungle: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
... that is why people say it is easier said than done. Before he became a coach, he used to criticize Keshi, he was a football analyst. When he became one, he then realized that an elephant head is too heavy for a kid to carry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by excel101(m): 7:47am On Feb 26, 2016
homesteady:
He just posted it on twitter.
At about 2:30 am undecided

I feel fortunate, blessed and eternally grateful for having had the honour to Play,Captain & Coach this great Nation of ours,Nigeria.

Due to Contract violations ,lack of Support,Unpaid wages,Benefits to my players,Asst.Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach

https://mobile.twitter.com/SundayOOliseh?p=s

UPDATE:

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-why-i-resigned-as-super-eagles-coach/
. He gave a very good reason for resigning, but i think he lacked the mental strength to coach the national team. This were what other indigenous coaches like keshi, Amodu etc. Experienced during their time but they kept going. Funny enough, Oliseh used to be the No1 critic of Keshi during his time as coach of the super eagles. Worse enough Oliseh talks more than getting result. He should not tell us he was not aware of the politics angle wranglings in the nff b4 accepting the job of coaching the national team. To my standard he's a failure and should never be given a chance in the future to coach any level of the national teams of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by trappatoni(m): 7:49am On Feb 26, 2016
DickDastardly:

Van gini That good for nothing folder clutching never do well of a geriatric olk skool coachito? bros abeg, mein be yoke you dey yoke o! cheesy
bros even Shakespeare couldn't have described Van Gaal so elaborately. But if Van Gaal see this the guy fit commit oo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by theDEVILisHERE: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2016
donbenie:
Well,he's not from the Eastern Region as you termed it,he's a DELTAN..

DELTAN?
What the hell is that nonsense

He's an Igbo man from the Ika group

Form that axis
The eastern region starts from Igbanke in present day Edo state downward of which he's group is part of

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by expressvic: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2016
KANU NWANKWO should take-over
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by NigerianDiamond(m): 7:55am On Feb 26, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

DELTAN?
What the hell is that nonsense

He's an Igbo man from the Ika group

Form that axis
The eastern region starts from Igbanke in present day Edo state downward of which he's group is part of

Oliseh himself was quoted as saying that he is not Igbo. Change your ways and live in peace with yourself. Tribal bigotry is a Killer....

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by tadezky(m): 7:56am On Feb 26, 2016
Oliseh has bn a proud,egoistic mvrrfkr ever since is playing days in the super eagles,whn he was made coach I knew amaju n Co av got ds one wrong. Oliseh never saw half of what Stephen keshi went thru n he's wailing. He only gvs more credence to Prov25:19(AMP)-"Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth,and a foot out of joint"...y does oliseh has to resign nw before d almighty Egy 2-legged tie?!!. Ds guy is an unfaithful nikkur!!

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by pdpchangeapc(m): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2016
I dont understand, did he submit a resignation letter to NFF or posted the info on his twitter page. Was he hired on twitter?
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by AfroKnight: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2016
NFF has never honored the terms of any contract to a Nigerian coach. If it were one white guy now, they would have offered to pay him heavily without owing a dime.

Oliseh, that's Naija for you. Contract means nothing to our NFF.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by tickles2luv2016(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Make dem employ amuneke,he's cool headed
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by theDEVILisHERE: 8:02am On Feb 26, 2016
Misterdhee1:

I am a Yoruba, but me don't subscribe to all these ethnic bigotry that have taken offer this forum.. Even sef, the Fact we need to live with is that Nigerian Coaches Are still Learners!

You are a Yoruba person
This has nothing to do with you

The people I spoke to know themselves

The facts are there for them to see it

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by fF01(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2016
austinoeze:

i think NFF should really work on those reasons he gave if we want to move forward 'footballically'
ya u ryt! som people thinks d guy chickened out bur i c it differently. I heard him on radio bout 3days back and he appologised to nigerians again bout d rant nd sound fired up talking bou aw ezz plan to visit d top players in europe nd aw hez gonna play dirty n overcome egypt. So m thinking mayb NFF told him no money for dos trips nd he felt is beta he shld leave dia job 4 dem naw.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by alex81(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2016
Lyf is all abt relationship! Hw u relate wit odas det hw far u go.
4 d past 7mths u've been aving beef nd conflicts with senior staffs and team mates, hw d job no go tire u?

Mourinho had similar issue. D moment he left c as chelsea com dey perform, even our very own mikel com dey score CL goal sef....lol grin

so leave Matter for mathias! D next coach go finish wetin u start. No b 2day nyash don dey back.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Frankiss44(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Mrchippychappy:
[size=15pt]It was all about his own personal ambition, like he said - he played, captained and coached the national team. That's what it was all about, setting a personal record. Good riddance Mr.Nigerian Guardiola lol[/size]

That title belongs To Keshi who played, captained and coachrd the super Eagles winning the African cup of nations trophy both as a player and a coach.

Oliseh is just a spoilt kid.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by theDEVILisHERE: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2016
NigerianDiamond:

Oliseh himself was quoted as saying that he is not Igbo. Change your ways and live in peace with yourself. Tribal bigotry is a Killer....

What you say you are is not who you are

Who you are is who you are

Running away from your shadow is useless
It will always be there
And the whole world will see it for what it truely is

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by theDEVILisHERE: 8:10am On Feb 26, 2016
NigerianDiamond:

What you say you are is not who you are

Who you are is who you are

Running away from your shadow is useless
It will always be there
And the whole world will see it for what it truely is

And yes
Tribal bigotry is a killer
That is why the Easterners need to knowthese things
Before the tribal bigotry within "Nigga area"
Kills them
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by vislabraye(m): 8:12am On Feb 26, 2016
IVORY2009:
This coach Sunday Oliseh is a joke, @ first he went on Youtube to rant, and now he went on twitter to resign, what is he trying to tell us 170 million Nigerians, or is he trying to tell us that he is a twenty-first century coach.

Oliseh didn't show good man management skills. He's just 7 months on the job and he has fought everybody. You can't fight it all alone.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Azeebi(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2016
The NFF should simply go and beg Ahmodu, Troussier, and Keshi. The nemesis from their unjust sack will for long continue to hunt Nigerian Senior Teams.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by nelcliff(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2016
He should had gone long before now becos we lost valuable team members becos of his jejelistic behavior. Good Luck Oliseh.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by ehmusshogun(m): 8:21am On Feb 26, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2016
I never liked him. #ManuGarba please NFF
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by vislabraye(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2016
fF01:

ya u ryt! som people thinks d guy chickened out bur i c it differently. I heard him on radio bout 3days back and he appologised to nigerians again bout d rant nd sound fired up talking bou aw ezz plan to visit d top players in europe nd aw hez gonna play dirty n overcome egypt. So m thinking mayb NFF told him no money for dos trips nd he felt is beta he shld leave dia job 4 dem naw.

I hope he sees what Keshi went through. The NFF can be frustrating at times. Oliseh once criticized Keshi, now he has seen same.
He lacks emotional intelligence in the first place. That twitter rant alone is enough to make anyone mad at him. They can and will out obstacles on his path just to frustrate him. He should have learnt from others. He took up too many fight at once. You don't need that.
But he will learn from his mistakes.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by pautex: 8:24am On Feb 26, 2016
The new Coach should call Eyeama and Emenike back ASAP. The process of qualifying for the nation and world cup should start now. I wish Super Eagles and Nigeria well. Its well.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by duduade: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2016
And so what should we do....?

Hypocrite.....
When his colleagues went through what he is going through it was easier said than done....

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 26, 2016
Personally I know he is not capable...but in cases like this, the best thing to do is resign...NFF feels they can owe every local coach bt pay and treat foreign coaches well. They should be ashamed of themselves by now. Let's see how they pay foreign coach with a bad economy and lean foreign reserve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Blackops(m): 8:27am On Feb 26, 2016
Friday the end of the week and the trending story is Oliseh resigning as Super Eagles Coach. I never saw that coming at all, not one bit. Well he just got served. So much for the African Gurdiola and the Messiah of Nigerian football, he thinks its easy managing the Super Eagles? I remember those years he was always running his mouth on super sport, yabbing coaches and players anyhow, he talked as if he was not once a footballer. And he even stated categorically that he would never coach the Eagles Job, I was shocked when I heard he was appointed the manager 8 months ago. Well he has seen how it is. Maybe he would go back to his pundit job and keep running his mouth. Did I just hear some one say excellent record for Oliseh? Fian... Leave that one he would have proved his mettle if he had qualified Eagles to the AFCON and World Cup and rubbed shoulders with other tactician. Hour tactically left the Super Eagles to preserve his 'golden record'. Emenike and Enyeama right now would be like ehenn... 'You forced us into early retirement so u sef no go last shior' *laughing hysterically* As for the reasons he resigned those problems has been with NFF and Eagles since forever 'Contract violations ,lack of Support,Unpaid wages,Benefits to players,Asst.Coaches & Main Coach. What do you expect from a House rife with Politics, corruption, ethnicity, nepotisim and dead brainers. This kind of football administration will always affect the growth of Nigerian football generally. #GreatfootballersDontMakeGreatC oaches #BackToSquareOne #SackNFF

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Players, Coach Celebrate Champions League Final Win (Photos, Video) / Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony / Stephen Keshi’s Daughter Weds Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.