Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins (2244 Views)

Photo Of Two Grandmas Who Are Identical Twins Goes Viral / 2 Pairs Of Identical Twins In Anambra Turn Heads (Photos) / Identical Twins Show Off Their Baby Bumps (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by yugotee: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
They have contrasting skin tones, eye colours and hair types. But remarkably, these two babies are actually identical twins. Despite coming from the same egg, the siblings look strikingly different and are often mistaken for step-sisters.

Amelia and Jasmine Appleby, who have just celebrated their first birthday, are thought to be the first 'black and white' genetically identical twins born in the UK. Amelia was born with dark skin, black hair and brown eyes, while Jasmine emerged with fair skin, blue eyes and mousey curls.

Their mum Libby Appleby who lives in West Rainton, County Durham, with her longtime partner, Tafadzwa Madzimbamuto, in an interview said that “Amelia is the spitting image of her dad, while Jasmine is a mini version of me." She added that strangers often assume their daughters are step-sisters.

- See more at: http://www.tobesblog.com/2016/02/meet-britains-first-black-and-white.html

Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
E make me remember black and white television
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by youngaz(m): 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Oh u mean 4 realshocked dey are so cutie kissluv 'em
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Testerfuze(m): 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
awwn!....they so cute and different from our Nigerian version of ibeji.
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by MzzTega(f): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wow! Are the parent mixed?
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Cutehector(m): 12:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wtf! My professor in genetics was so wrong then! cool
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by yugotee: 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
MzzTega:
Wow!
Are the parent mixed?

Their parents are mixed.

Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by SolexxBarry(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
Lovely kiss kiss
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by MzzTega(f): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
yugotee:

Their parents are mixed.

Awwww. This is lovely
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by lilmax(m): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Beautiful
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Alezy(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
cool
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Winneygirl(f): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
I don't see identical. I see fraternal.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by nukky77(f): 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
So cute.
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Pidggin(f): 7:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Very cute, especially the darker one smiley
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by spiritsize(m): 8:05am On Feb 27, 2016
lovely
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Qualer: 10:16am On Feb 27, 2016
Winneygirl:

Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by bebe2(f): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
I hate to spoil the fun,

They are both mixed race, one is just lighter than the other.

Look at their hair.

Cute babies
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Beremx(f): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
They look fraternal to me. God is indeed wonderful!
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by foriz4u(m): 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
for heaven's sake these kids are not identical that don't look alike biko.
Re: Meet Britain's First 'black And White' Identical Twins by Cutehector(m): 6:21am On Mar 06, 2016
Winneygirl:
ur a very strong woman. Nice diary. cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What is the 1 Drug Our Sick World Needs / The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants / Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.