Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage (2241 Views)

Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Getting Her Pregnant Before Marriage ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by bluetopaz: 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
My immediate elder sister is in a dilemma right now. She has been engaged to her fiance for about a year now and she confided in I and my mum that the marriage plans are not being made because her fiance said she should get pregnant before starting. He said if he can't confirm to his family that she is pregnant, they won't follow him for the traditional marriage.
Me Sha, I've told her to close his chapter but my sister says where will she start from again, they have dated for 3 years and she isn't getting younger according to her.
And yes, she says they have been sexually active, pregnancy just hasn't happened and she can't explain why.
I told her oga is hiding something or what do you guys think?
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by thesicilian: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
That's the way to go. Before you go and marry someone that has damaged her womb from multiple abortions

4 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by ojun50(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
thesicilian:
That's the way to go. Before you go and marry someone that has damaged her womb from multiple abortions
na only woman thy damaged womb, man no dey get damage sperm

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by bluetopaz: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
And what if the fault is from the man?

thesicilian:

11 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by bluetopaz: 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
I wonder

ojun50:

10 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by SageMK: 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
thesicilian:

Or a community preeq that is no longer fertile. Agreed.

Anyway with medicine, your fears can be allay.
A trip to the fertility clinic will solve everything.

14 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by lilmax(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
this generation women really destroyed their body

you can imagine a woman going through 7 abortions, yet still looking for a reasonable man to settle down with

4 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Andersonjr(m): 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
Serious matter that's why it is advised that intended married couple should always for medical checkup before getting married.
They should both go for medical check up
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by dominique(f): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
So if she doesn't get pregnant, it is automatically assumed that she has damaged her womb with multiple abortions? Nigerians and ignorance embarassed

A number of factors can lead to a couple's inability to conceive; hormonal imbalance, fibroids, ovarian cysts, low/zero sperm count, low/zero sperm motility etc. It's totally unfair to heap the blame of infertility on one person especially when you've not carried out any test.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by larryking540: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
ojun50:

go and sit down jor
Nob lie,
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by alBHAGDADI: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
This is what happens when people no longer get rely on God for anything. What if after you get married be ause she got pregnant, the pregnancy now gets damaged to the point that that her womb damages too? Is the man then going to run away and marry someone else?

If you trust God, you won't start trying to peep into the future. We walk by faith not by sight. Once you have faith in God that you will have children as married couples, you won't need to start taking shortcut by being dicey.

Your sister's husband doesn't believe in God. Also, there's nothing wrong in adopting a baby. We are just too local and foolish in this country to believe you must produce your own child or you are cursed.

13 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Makschinchin: 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This is what happens when people no longer get rely on God for anything. What if after you get married be ause she got pregnant, the pregnancy now gets damaged to the point that that her womb damages too? Is the man then going to run away and marry someone else?

If you trust God, you won't start trying to peep into the future. We walk by faith not by sight. Once you have faith in God that you will have children as married couples, you won't need to start taking shortcut by being dicey.

Your sister's husband doesn't believe in God. Also, there's nothing wrong in adopting a baby. [s]We are just too local and foolish in this country to believe you must produce your own child or you are cursed.[/s]

Many people now walk by sight, and not by faith in Christ, which is not good.. I see no reason why a man will bank on impregnating a lady before getting married to her.. As a Christian, that's formication and against God's will and plans for us..

When we let God take absolute control of our lives and lean on Him daily, we will definitely enjoy life and have peace of mind free from any kind of worry.. Impregnating a woman before marrying her doesn't assure a happy home ever after..

3 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by liberalchick(f): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
Some people don’t marry for love but to check the box and raise a family. While some people marry for love and companionship, when kids come it’s a blessing which solidifies the love. A man that is already placing a condition to marry you, what happens to the marriage when she can no longer meet that condition? What if she gets pregnant, loses the baby after the wedding and suffers secondary infertility?

Some men want a wife, while some want a mare. The man is the latter. If she wants to go ahead and prove her fertility before the wedding, there is nothing you can do. However, she should know the man is not obligated to go on with the wedding if/when she gets pregnant. There are many stories of women who became baby mamas via failed wedding promises.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by liberalchick(f): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
bluetopaz:
My immediate elder sister is in a dilemma right now. She has been engaged to her fiance for about a year now and she confided in I and my mum that the marriage plans are not being made because her fiance said she should get pregnant before starting. He said if he can't confirm to his family that she is pregnant, they won't follow him for the traditional marriage.
Me Sha, I've told her to close his chapter but my sister says where will she start from again, they have dated for 3 years and she isn't getting younger according to her.
And yes, she says they have been sexually active, pregnancy just hasn't happened and she can't explain why.
I told her oga is hiding something or what do you guys think?

What does she want?
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by larryking540: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
bro truth b told here
just a few guys now adays will say no to pregnancy b4 marriage, people fit confuse u here o but within them day know it's d truth, if ur sis isn't comfortable with it, she can move on
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by baby124: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Well... people marry for several reasons and one of the main reasons is children. I don’t blame those who want to confirm that they are both able to bear kids before marriage. Since he is honest with the lady and they have been trying to no result then, she can decide herself if she wants to continue or not.

I suggest they go for medical checkup to see where their issue of conception is coming from. Sooner or later, the man’s family may heap the blame on her and she will lose the relationship anyway. The guy may be the problem here. Let him pay for a fertility check for the both of them and, she should try to know her fertile days so she does not keep trying in vain.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by kapelvej: 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
ojun50:

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Esthered: 5:21am On Jun 22, 2019
What's the guarantee that if she becomes pregnant, she'll carry to full term, what if she loses the baby and suffers secondary infertility as liberalchick said? What if that's the only child she may have and lose him I'm the short run, what if.....
OP, your sister is just desperate. Who told her she can't meet a good man that'll will make her his wife in less than 6 months without putting her under unnecessary pressure. Don't come and tell us stories that touches the heart in future if she refuses to take caution now and set a standard for herself.
To the guys above talking about abortion...... I had STI (popularly called toilet infection) years back when i was in FGCL and I wasn't sexually active, it became a recurring issue even as a virgin years later to the extent of PID these leads to infertility if it's not treated properly. She should go for a medical check up now since she's worried about it especially if it's a case of hormonal imbalance.

8 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by CosmicPhoenix: 6:23am On Jun 22, 2019
nobody asked you for useless sermon,what they need is medical help

[s]
alBHAGDADI:

Your sister's husband doesn't believe in God. Also, there's nothing wrong in adopting a baby. We are just too local and foolish in this country to believe you must produce your own child or you are cursed.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Kendumazy(m): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2019
Please, ask your sister to go the hospital with the guy. Let them both do fertility test together to know if anything is wrong with anybody. Some men can be very wicked. Know of someone that the guy had low sperm count and never told the lady, told her pregnancy before marriage first as well. Turns out nigga wasn't even serious about settling down but just deceiving the lady using the lady to pass time. How did she know? She met someone who knew the guy and the guy ex and told her it's the same condition that made the lady left. That's where the lady realizing that something is wrong somewhere, recalled he always beat her up few times she brought up the idea of going for fertility test. The girl reported the issue to her father, her father is a prophet in a celestial church. Her father was mad about such condition but just had to keep calm to see to the root of the issue who knows something might be wrong with her daughter or its just an issue of waiting for God's appointed time. Her father called the guy and ask him to go do fertility test together. The guy refused stating the man has no power to dictate to him on how to go about his relationship with her daughter. The father now asked the guy to go that he will ask his daughter to go do her own and if it turns out that nothing is wrong with her daughter, that means someone is cheating someone and he will call on God to deal with the person. That's how nigga mellowed and agreed to the fertility test. Test done and it's there that nigga had low sperm count. The girl was sad that the nigga used her. She said most times, Nigga will fvck her 4 to 5 good rounds even when she wasn't in the mood or not feeling it as she was desperate to be pregnant.

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by bluetopaz: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2019
My dear brother, you must be a prophet. Do you know that my sister just said his past girlfriend left him after 4 years together, still same condition he gave her. She is now married and has just welcomed her second child. I asked her how she knew this and she said she private chatted her on Facebook and the girl told her she is sure the man has issues.
My question now is why would someone be this wicked. Are you a devil that you want to waste someone's life till she gets to menopause then what...some men no just dey try.

Kendumazy:
Please, ask your sister to go the hospital with the guy. Let them both do fertility test together to know if anything is wrong with anybody. Some men can be very wicked. Know of someone that the guy had low sperm count and never told the lady, told her pregnancy before marriage first as well. Turns out nigga wasn't even serious about settling down but just deceiving the lady using the lady to pass time. How did she know? She met someone who knew the guy and the guy ex and told her it's the same condition that made the lady left. That's where the lady realizing that something is wrong somewhere, recalled he always beat her up few times she brought up the idea of going for fertility test. The girl reported the issue to her father, her father is a prophet in a celestial church. Her father was mad about such condition but just had to keep calm to see to the root of the issue who knows something might be wrong with her daughter or its just an issue of waiting for God's appointed time. Her father called the guy and ask him to go do fertility test together. The guy refused stating the man has no power to dictate to him on how to go about his relationship with her daughter. The father now asked the guy to go that he will ask his daughter to go do her own and if it turns out that nothing is wrong with her daughter, that means someone is cheating someone and he will call on God to deal with the person. That's how nigga mellowed and agreed to the fertility test. Test done and it's there that nigga had low sperm count. The girl was sad that the nigga used her. She said most times, Nigga will fvck her 4 to 5 good rounds even when she wasn't in the mood or not feeling it as she was desperate to be pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by dominique(f): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2019
bluetopaz:
My dear brother, you must be a prophet. Do you know that my sister just said his past girlfriend left him after 4 years together, still same condition he gave her. She is now married and has just welcomed her second child. I asked her how she knew this and she said she private chatted her on Facebook and the girl told her she is sure the man has issues.
My question now is why would someone be this wicked. Are you a devil that you want to waste someone's life till she gets to menopause then what...some men no just dey try.

Similar thing with one of my in-laws. The man she was dating gave her same condition but she couldn't conceive and had to end the relationship when she was approaching 30 and started dating someone else. She went on to welcome her first child within her first year of marriage.

I read a rather pathetic story on Facebook where a lady was given same condition and she came to seek advice. She recently started a high praying job that mandated female employees not to get pregnant within one year of employment. We all chorused the same advice "DON'T TRY IT!" A man that truly loves you will never give you such condition and put your career at risk. She eventually succumbed to the pressure from the man and his family and got pregnant. Unfortunately for her the pregnancy was a very difficult one and she was sick a lot, she ended up losing the job. When she told him that she has lost her job, he told her point blank that she's of no use to him anymore and he can't afford to feed two extra mouths without income coming from her. She called his mother who appeared sympathetic at first but after some time, the mum stopped picking her calls. As at the time she came back to the page to give feedback and ask for advice again, she was almost due, no job, no money, no husband.

I hope your sister doesn't learn the hard way that succumbing to ridiculous condition by a fiancee does not guarantee marriage or a happy one for that matter

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by ibkayee(f): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2019
undecided
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
I doubt the man loves her to have given her this ultimatum. Besides he might be the problem

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by UjuJoan2: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
To each his own . . .

She also needs to confirm is he is capable of impregnating a woman. Maybe she should try some 'away matches' and see what comes out of it tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by UjuJoan2: 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
dominique:

Similar thing with one of my in-laws. The man she was dating gave her same condition but she couldn't conceive and had to end the relationship when she was approaching 30 and started dating someone else. She went on to welcome her first child within her first year of marriage.

I read a rather pathetic story on Facebook where a lady was given same condition and she came to seek advice. She recently started a high praying job that mandated female employees not to get pregnant within one year of employment. We all chorused the same advice "DON'T TRY IT!" A man that truly loves you will never give you such condition and put your career at risk. She eventually succumbed to the pressure from the man and his family and got pregnant. Unfortunately for her the pregnancy was a very difficult one and she was sick a lot, she ended up losing the job. When she told him that she has lost her job, he told her point blank that she's of no use to him anymore and he can't afford to feed two extra mouths without income coming from her. She called his mother who appeared sympathetic at first but after some time, the mum stopped picking her calls. As at the time she came back to the page to give feedback and ask for advice again, she was almost due, no job, no money, no husband.

I hope your sister doesn't learn the hard way that succumbing to ridiculous condition by a fiancee does not guarantee marriage or a happy one for that matter

I have a friend who went through a similar experience . . . the fiancé paid her bride price but would not go through with the wedding except she got pregnant.

I remember how she visited fertility clinics upon fertility clinic, all to no avail. Eventually she 'played an away match' and got pregnant immediately. The new guy wasted no time in marrying her and they returned the Oga'a bride price. Today she has four kids with her husband, and the ex is married to someone else now, no kids!

Women need to learn to do what is best for them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Omoluabi16(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Tell your sister to close the chapter and run far away. Giving conditions before marriage. Where is the love and trust? Yeye man thinks he is doing her a favour by marrying her.

3 Likes

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
I once knew a lady who took in for a guy this way. She ended up having a very stressful pregnancy, and in the end she had a still born.

She never heard from the guy or his family after the still birth.

Bottom line, life is replete with situations where people try to sway others to dance to their tunes; to adopt their values, or lack of it. It's now left for the person on whom the demand is being placed, to either compromise or insist on their boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by davillian(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hmmmm see rubbish comment
Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by davillian(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
thesicilian:
I dont know why most men feels its only women that can have issues.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Insist Their Fiancee Get Pregnant Before Marriage by davillian(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
dominique:
So if she doesn't get pregnant, it is automatically assumed that she has damaged her womb with multiple abortions? Nigerians and ignorance embarassed

A number of factors can lead to a couple's inability to conceive; hormonal imbalance, fibroids, ovarian cysts, low/zero sperm count, low/zero sperm motility etc. It's totally unfair to heap the blame of infertility on one person especially when you've not carried out any test.
That's one stupid thing about Nigerian men.
They feel only women can have issues but forget the fact that both parties can have issues.
I know of a girl who got married as a virgin and its almost 8 years she hasn't conceived.
I'm sha praying for her.
Na my paddy and even a nurse for that matter

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Give Out 3k Each To 20 People / A Woman Needs 13 Meaningful Touches Per Day: Pastor. Funke Felix-Adejumo / Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.