Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. (42977 Views)

Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents / How To Succed In Pure Water Business / Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
ladyF:
Bloody thieves. Bloody bloody thieves.

Questions to be answered, do the producers in the North get these imported rolls at the same increased price as their Southern counterparts? Do the importers in the North get the same exchange rate or suffer the same shortage of dollar? Do the producers in the North experience the same miserable power supply?

If your answers to all these questions is yes, how then are they still selling at N5, and some people are making as much as 300% profit. WTF!!!! angry angry angry angry That is freaking exploitation. No excuse.

Tap water ti take over!!!!

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Nobody us selling pure water in the north at 5 naira. It's a huge lie. Don't be deceived. The op just sat down in his room, imagined a list and brought it to light.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by mekonglobal(m): 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Here in Bayelsa purewater having been selling for 100naira a bag and 10 a sachet since time immomerial....
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by gloshennel: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
UNA DON SEE CHANGE ABI

LUBBISH!!!
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by muller101(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
ahmadmuazu5:
Proud to be from northern
because of sachet water thread. SMH
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Zuria(f): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
In picture grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by OmoOsanyin: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Koleman:
the stats says one thing. South south and south east are their own worst enemies.... the same thing applies to the price of petrol...greed!

The hike is artificial and unfounded. Do the guys up north source theirs differently?
It echoes weakness in the governors of SE and SW. The laxity in governance, indifference and insensitivity to the welfare of those goverened.
Well, as the is nothing but exploitative, these companies forget folks existed and drank water prior to satchet water. The stats show that se and sw have always been taken advantage of anyway, before and with the hike. GREED!
If they refuse to sell like the north, no qualms. Boil your borehole water, drink when cool.
Boycott the IDIOTS and lets see who will buckle.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by mohciz69(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
OP you're wrong it's 120/bag and 10/sachet in Niger state
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by OmoOsanyin: 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
The hike is artificial and unfounded. Do the guys up north source theirs differently?
It echoes weakness in the governors of SE and SW. The laxity in governance, indifference and insensitivity to the welfare of those goverened.
Well, as the is nothing but exploitative, these companies forget folks existed and drank water prior to satchet water. The stats show that se and sw have always been taken advantage of anyway, before and with the hike. GREED!
If they refuse to sell like the north, no qualms. Boil your borehole water, drink when cool.
Boycott the IDIOTS and lets see who will buckle.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by naijathings(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
my people ...

i wonder why they jump up whenever they hear of such crisis ?

if you forget to book your flight for xmas travel, just be prepared to pay almost the same price to enter bus to your destination.

dollar increase somehow managed to affect even those selling palmwine which they get from the tree

i wonder how much bride price go be now for east ? I sure say guys no go wan near that side even if Love dey shakk dem.

oya cruxify me without knowing where I am from.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Sunkyphil(m): 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
lie lie one satchet na #10 in lag o make dem sell am 20 n c if people will patronize dem

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nonsense! So d north get's it's raw materials free from pluto abi?....southerners are their own worst enemies by virtue of sheer greed/exploitation!

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by taurusmena1(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is totally false.a sachet of pure water goes for #10 naira here in lagos

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by noblegrex: 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Very soon,just very soon,they'll start drinking their own pure water.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by oladele239(m): 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
River water pure pass the so called pure water for north hence the price grin
Aristotle96:
So for North people no dy stay dia abi dem no dh import dia own materials , how come the price come even low beyond the normal 100# e been be b4? undecided
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by whyniel: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
All of a sudden, petrochemical products used in making pure water sachet is now imported.

@Op get your facts right.

Do you know the number of petrochemical companies we have in Nigeria that produces the "seeds" being used to form the pure water sachet?

Don't come and feed us with lies.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Aristotle96(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
oladele239:
River water pure pass the so called pure water for north hence the price grin
I go tell PMB watin u talk... Efcc go come for u o
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by jantavanta(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Seenyo:
Nonsense! So d north get's it's raw materials free from pluto abi?....southerners are their own worst enemies by virtue of sheer greed/exploitation!

".If religion is the opium of the North, then money is the hashish of the South...."

Federal Republic of the Nigerian Army
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Decryptor(m): 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Seenyo:

Is Lagos in the south? undecided
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by liberty5783(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:
There have been sharp increase in d prices of pure water across d states due to one reason or the other.

1. The sachet which the water in contained in is imported

2. It comes as a plain roll and very large. the printers buy this plain roll and print the pure water company name on it.

3. Its in different sizes and measured in KG. 1Kg was N530 before, now its N1000.

4. Those printers use different chemicals and inks to print. These chemicals all has a hike in price.

5. They also hire labourers incurred other running costs to it.

6. A pure water company buy this finished roll at N1000 instead of N530 and buy the packing bags at N5000 instead of N3200.

7. The company pays staff.

8. The machines run on diesel.

9. Maintenance of service vehicles, pays rent.

10. Maintenance of machines.

11. Buy fuel for service vehicles.

12. Buy chemical for treatment of product.

13. Most hawkers are usually charged dues like in Abia and Edo sachet hawker pays as much at N60 for tax.

14. Retailers also tend to pay for lighting and ice blocks.

**Majority of the company that produce Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) @ Eleme petrochemical industry in Rivers state and Lagos state have shut down due to high running cost and those that are importing this product are in shortage of Forex.

Current price of pure water in states all over Nigeria.

Abia................N150 a bag /N15 a sachet
Adammawa....N70 a bag/ N5 a scahet
Akwa ibom......N150 a bag / N20-25 a sachet
Anambra.........N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Bauchi.............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Bayelsa........ ...N150 a bag / N20 a sachet
Benue..............N100a bag/ N10 a sachet
Borno...............N80 a bag /N10 a sachet
Cross river.......N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Delta................N150 a bag/ N15 a sachet
Ebonyi.............N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Edo...................N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Enugu.............N100 a bag/ N 10 a sachet
Gombe............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Imo.................N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Jigawa...........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Kaduna..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kano..............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Katsina..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kebbi......... ...N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kwara ...........N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Lagos............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Niger.............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Ogun............N100a bag / N10 sachet
Osun............N100 a bah/ N10 a sachet
Oyo..............N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Plateau........N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
River.............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Sokoto.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Taraba.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Yobe......... ..N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Zamfara......N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
FCT..............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet

so why is it cheaper in the north and expPensive in south east and south west andd south south is it not d same materials they use and also same expensis
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Ahmeduana(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
burantashii:
see as north de enjoy, lalasticlala how much be pure water for ur area ??
WHAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND IN THE SOUTH IS THAT THE SOUTHERN NIGERIA IS SUBSIDISING THE COST OF LIVING IN THE NORTH, AND THEY ARE SO USED TO IT FOR EXAMPLE; IF PRODUCE OR MANUFACTURE A PRODUCT IN LAGOS, ABA OR ONITSHA AND THE PRICE OF THE COMMODITY ACROSS THE THREE CITIES IS LIKE 100NAIRA BUT BY THE TIME YOU BRING THAT PARTICULAR COMMODITY TO THE NORTHERN PART NIGERIA YOU WILL BE FORCE TO SELL BELOW THE ACCEPTABLE PRICE OF 100NAIRA, THAT IS WHY LIFE IN THE NORTH IS SO LOW AND UN-QUALITY, FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU ARE BUYING BREAD AND IS NOT GRAND, BIG TREAT OR OASIS WITH SOME OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REMEMBER ANY OTHER BREAD YOU ARE BUYING IN KANO IS POISON BECAUSE THEY SO MUCH LIKE "sauki" WHICH MEANS CHEAP THEY EVEN HAVE A PROVERB FOR IT THAT "araha yafi bashi" IMAGINE USING ALMOST 400K TO TRANSPORT PETROL FROM SOUTHERN PART 2 NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA BUT STILL THEY ARE STIL SELLIN PETROL 86.5
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Mubz(m): 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
alrahmanonline:
at the end of the day everything go bounce on government head, but wait o, are they not buying nylon in the north? i noticed the hike affected SS and SE most, is their nylon different or selfishness dey worry them there ni?

There is a market in Abuja called "Wuse Market", if there is a commodity that is available in an aboki & Igbo Man shop, the difference is always too much, you begin to wonder is this not the same thing i priced in this other shop. I didn't even know this, until my igbo friend (Chux) told me about it. I'd wanted to buy white singlet, he advised me to buy from an Aboki shop instead; i was amazed by the extreme variation of price of the exact same type of singlet.

It's really sad!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ishiamu(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Koleman:
the stats says one thing. South south and south east are their own worst enemies.... the same thing applies to the price of petrol...greed!

you must be a great bigot to have picked some geo-location get a life
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by bodee(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
jhuzcoyle:

That's how northerners speak English abi... issorai
you wicked ooo. lol
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by djkirkoo2(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Abeg pure water na still N10 for Bayelsa o. Stop posting what you know nothing about
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nuezha(m): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
alrahmanonline:
at the end of the day everything go bounce on government head, but wait o, are they not buying nylon in the north? i noticed the hike affected SS and SE most, is their nylon different or selfishness dey worry them there ni?

FORGET THE BLAME GAME!

The enemy of !gbo is !gbo.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Ibime(m): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:
There have been sharp increase in d prices of pure water across d states due to one reason or the other.

1. The sachet which the water in contained in is imported

2. It comes as a plain roll and very large. the printers buy this plain roll and print the pure water company name on it.

3. Its in different sizes and measured in KG. 1Kg was N530 before, now its N1000.

4. Those printers use different chemicals and inks to print. These chemicals all has a hike in price.

5. They also hire labourers incurred other running costs to it.

6. A pure water company buy this finished roll at N1000 instead of N530 and buy the packing bags at N5000 instead of N3200.

7. The company pays staff.

8. The machines run on diesel.

9. Maintenance of service vehicles, pays rent.

10. Maintenance of machines.

11. Buy fuel for service vehicles.

12. Buy chemical for treatment of product.

13. Most hawkers are usually charged dues like in Abia and Edo sachet hawker pays as much at N60 for tax.

14. Retailers also tend to pay for lighting and ice blocks.

**Majority of the company that produce Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) @ Eleme petrochemical industry in Rivers state and Lagos state have shut down due to high running cost and those that are importing this product are in shortage of Forex.

Current price of pure water in states all over Nigeria.

Abia................N150 a bag /N15 a sachet
Adammawa....N70 a bag/ N5 a scahet
Akwa ibom......N150 a bag / N20-25 a sachet
Anambra.........N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Bauchi.............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Bayelsa........ ...N150 a bag / N20 a sachet
Benue..............N100a bag/ N10 a sachet
Borno...............N80 a bag /N10 a sachet
Cross river.......N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Delta................N150 a bag/ N15 a sachet
Ebonyi.............N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Edo...................N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Enugu.............N100 a bag/ N 10 a sachet
Gombe............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Imo.................N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Jigawa...........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Kaduna..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kano..............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Katsina..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kebbi......... ...N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kwara ...........N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Lagos............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Niger.............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Ogun............N100a bag / N10 sachet
Osun............N100 a bah/ N10 a sachet
Oyo..............N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Plateau........N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
River.............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Sokoto.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Taraba.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Yobe......... ..N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Zamfara......N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
FCT..............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet

Guy you be pure water Professor.

See correct breakdown of input costs and pricing.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nuezha(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
lafakale:
Op, Kogi no dey nau
Kogi?!
hmmm...
some say Kogi is a glorified constituency.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by kuuljay(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ahmeduana:

WHAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND IN THE SOUTH IS THAT THE SOUTHERN NIGERIA IS SUBSIDISING THE COST OF LIVING IN THE NORTH, AND THEY ARE SO USED TO IT FOR EXAMPLE; IF PRODUCE OR MANUFACTURE A PRODUCT IN LAGOS, ABA OR ONITSHA AND THE PRICE OF THE COMMODITY ACROSS THE THREE CITIES IS LIKE 100NAIRA BUT BY THE TIME YOU BRING THAT PARTICULAR COMMODITY TO THE NORTHERN PART NIGERIA YOU WILL BE FORCE TO SELL BELOW THE ACCEPTABLE PRICE OF 100NAIRA, THAT IS WHY LIFE IN THE NORTH IS SO LOW AND UN-QUALITY, FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU ARE BUYING BREAD AND IS NOT GRAND, BIG TREAT OR OASIS WITH SOME OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REMEMBER ANY OTHER BREAD YOU ARE BUYING IN KANO IS POISON BECAUSE THEY SO MUCH LIKE "sauki" WHICH MEANS CHEAP THEY EVEN HAVE A PROVERB FOR IT THAT "araha yafi bashi" IMAGINE USING ALMOST 400K TO TRANSPORT PETROL FROM SOUTHERN PART 2 NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA BUT STILL THEY ARE STIL SELLIN PETROL 86.5
who goes into business and sell below acceptable price,na charity business grin grin grin wrong perception,an hausa man is comfortable buying a product at 1000 naira and selling at 1050 naira while the southerners will insist they sell it at 1500 that's the simple logic.in Enugu for example pure water had been 5naira all the whine you know why! Father mbaka insisted his pure water company which is the largest still makes enough profit. Other companies fought tooth and nail to make it 10naira but the priest refused
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by zanga420: 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
5 naira it is in Kano. Just like someone said earlier, the southerners (South south, South east and south west) are the cause of their own problem, we southerners living in the north do buy things very cheap, sometimes when you hear how much my brothers pay for transportation in the south, one will begin to wonder if we are from same country, just as I have always said, the North would've been the best place to live if not for crisis, most of the southerners hate themselves and the level of greed is beyond normal, we always want to make 1000% profit all the time whereas the average Hausa man is contented with what they make everyday and we always think we are wiser than them yet they are also in position of authority, they take live very simple.

We the southerners need to tell ourselves the truth, we dislike one another that's why it is easier for government to take advantage of us. I have lot to say on this but let me go back to work.

N:B Southerners include (Yoruba, Igbo, Binis and everyone after river Niger).
My name is Temi, I am just here to make common sense.
u made a very salient point bro. Lemme clarify u on some things.
Firstly the northerners have a simple life, which the religion helps 2enforce.
Then d core of d matter, things are not evenly distributed. There're more private firms in d south than d north. Majority of southerners are more enterprising than their northern counterparts. What %age of households in d north consume pure water compared to d south.
Hair barbing should not be costlier in d community of vultures. Structural situation of things in d country makes life tougher in d south, but its not true. I'm looking for a better way to put it clearer without writing long epistle, but d current is caused by structural inbalance n ideals not greed.
Lemme reiterate, anyday this country restructures to regional autonomy, south'll be better heaven than it is.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by pesuwe(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
alrahmanonline:
i wonder oh
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Ahmeduana(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
kuuljay:
who goes into business and sell below acceptable price,na charity business grin grin grin wrong perception,an hausa man is comfortable buying a product at 1000 naira and selling at 1050 naira while the southerners will insist they sell it at 1500 that's the simple logic.in Enugu for example pure water had been 5naira all the whine you know why! Father mbaka insisted his pure water company which is the largest still makes enough profit. Other companies fought tooth and nail to make it 10naira but the priest refused
TRUST ME, I KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Akpobome1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
in delta it's 10 naira and 5 naira in some places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians / CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / Mani Manoharan, Dangote's Manager Dies In India After Suffering Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.