Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. (43010 Views)

Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents / How To Succed In Pure Water Business / Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by chimajii: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
nani212:
Enugu is 120 naira a bag and 10 naira a satchet

Even this 120 u wrote is wrong! U and the OP have wrong figures /pricing for Enugu. ENUGU is 150 not 120. Terrible. Enugu is just something else
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by christopher123(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
5 naira it is in Kano. Just like someone said earlier, the southerners (South south, South east and south west) are the cause of their own problem, we southerners living in the north do buy things very cheap, sometimes when you hear how much my brothers pay for transportation in the south, one will begin to wonder if we are from same country, just as I have always said, the North would've been the best place to live if not for crisis, most of the southerners hate themselves and the level of greed is beyond normal, we always want to make 1000% profit all the time whereas the average Hausa man is contented with what they make everyday and we always think we are wiser than them yet they are also in position of authority, they take live very simple.

We the southerners need to tell ourselves the truth, we dislike one another that's why it is easier for government to take advantage of us. I have lot to say on this but let me go back to work.

N:B Southerners include (Yoruba, Igbo, Binis and everyone after river Niger).
My name is Temi, I am just here to make common sense.

Have you ever done analysis of disposable income in both regions and purchasing power

Prices of goods are cheaper in places that have low disposable income

Did you even study law of demand and supply
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by chuose: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
ahmadmuazu5:
Proud to be from northern

Na us the south dey support una
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Amazing4grace(m): 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
op. no kogi watn hapn
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by amzee(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:
There have been sharp increase in d prices of pure water across d states due to one reason or the other.

1. The sachet which the water in contained in is imported

2. It comes as a plain roll and very large. the printers buy this plain roll and print the pure water company name on it.

3. Its in different sizes and measured in KG. 1Kg was N530 before, now its N1000.

4. Those printers use different chemicals and inks to print. These chemicals all has a hike in price.

5. They also hire labourers incurred other running costs to it.

6. A pure water company buy this finished roll at N1000 instead of N530 and buy the packing bags at N5000 instead of N3200.

7. The company pays staff.

8. The machines run on diesel.

9. Maintenance of service vehicles, pays rent.

10. Maintenance of machines.

11. Buy fuel for service vehicles.

12. Buy chemical for treatment of product.

13. Most hawkers are usually charged dues like in Abia and Edo sachet hawker pays as much at N60 for tax.

14. Retailers also tend to pay for lighting and ice blocks.

**Majority of the company that produce Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) @ Eleme petrochemical industry in Rivers state and Lagos state have shut down due to high running cost and those that are importing this product are in shortage of Forex.

Current price of pure water in states all over Nigeria.

Abia................N150 a bag /N15 a sachet
Adammawa....N70 a bag/ N5 a scahet
Akwa ibom......N150 a bag / N20-25 a sachet
Anambra.........N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Bauchi.............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Bayelsa........ ...N150 a bag / N20 a sachet
Benue..............N100a bag/ N10 a sachet
Borno...............N80 a bag /N10 a sachet
Cross river.......N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Delta................N150 a bag/ N15 a sachet
Ebonyi.............N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Edo...................N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Enugu.............N100 a bag/ N 10 a sachet
Gombe............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Imo.................N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Jigawa...........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Kaduna..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kano..............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Katsina..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kebbi......... ...N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kwara ...........N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Lagos............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Niger.............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Ogun............N100a bag / N10 sachet
Osun............N100 a bah/ N10 a sachet
Oyo..............N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Plateau........N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
River.............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Sokoto.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Taraba.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Yobe......... ..N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Zamfara......N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
FCT..............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet

IN KANO SOME SELL FOR #60 WHILE SOME SELL FOR #70.BUT A SACHET IS STILL #5
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by udysweet(f): 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hahaha! To do pure water biz for auchi will be very capital intensive:no water in that ground. We used to run out of classes then when it rained,to go and fetch water or buy stream water frm dos tankers. And later when I went bak for HND,one man had managed to sink a bore holes after a few years drillings(so I was told)smwer in sabo. You need to see queues,chai! Am sure he made his mony before competition entered cos odas began too. Imagine if dey dddnt hav,dis rate of pure water now wld hav been 30naira.
As for palm oil,lol! Nawa o,dem dey import palm oil now? Thank God I brougt small frm my trip to my village(I got at a little less than 200 per bottle,gallon was 1100)lo and behold I got to lagos,it had turned 300!
God pls help my dear country o. Its becoming quite worrisome. Infact I'll jus go to ghana and claim citizen abi cameroun sef,lol
trulords:
I don't blame pure water people o, I have once consider d business before but I had a change of heart.. why will I venture into a business which 5 naira nah d price of pure water for donkey years .. the painful one nah dis Palm oil and yam sellers... Tell Me petrol don rise up ni . one old woman for auchi area wey I won buy Palm oil from dey tell me say dollar cost nah why are oil dey expensive
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
jamst2:

Abi naaa...lovely! kiss wink
yea.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by jamst2(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Adaobi12:
yea.

buy my own join 2 smiley cool
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ajepako(f): 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
ahmadmuazu5:
Proud to be from northern

I can see you are from 'northern'

#gbagaun# grin grin grin
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by thatchick: 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Akaujaa:
I disagree with you on the argument that nylon used for packaging sachet water is imported. In Asaba where i stay, i know of many companies that manufacture the nylon used in packaging sachet water. Besides, from your report, almost all the states in the north still sell at the normal price of N70 or N100 per bag and N5 or N10 per sachet. Does it therefore means that the Northern States don't incur the costs you just enumerated?

Thank you for this comment. I read through all the comments and nobody could disagree the fact that he said nylon for packaging sachet water is imported. I know of atleast 10 companies in Lagos that manufactures this nylon. It would have been better if he had said the raw materials used in manufacturing the nylon
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by nani212(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
chimajii:

Even this 120 u wrote is wrong! U and the OP have wrong figures /pricing for Enugu. ENUGU is 150 not 120. Terrible. Enugu is just something else
depends on what part of enugu u stay. Its 120 in trans ekulu
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Audinowing(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
It then means that we are really enjoying here in the North. A bag of satchet water from the factory still goes for #60. The northerners are good at showing themselves love. what a typical Northerner is concerned about is a reasonable income that will not be to the disadvantage of a fellow human. Exploitation rarely exist in the dictionary of a typical Northerner. This is one of the reasons why we have refused to come back to South despite the crisis.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Olaxtra: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
burantashii:
see as north de enjoy, lalasticlala how much be pure water for ur area ??

Its #10 in Niger state
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Olaxtra: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:
There have been sharp increase in d prices of pure water across d states due to one reason or the other.

2. It comes as a plain roll and very large. the printers buy this plain roll and print the pure water company name on it.

3. Its in different sizes and measured in KG. 1Kg was N530 before, now its N1000.

4. Those printers use different chemicals and inks to print. These chemicals all has a hike in price.

6. A pure water company buy this finished roll at N1000 instead of N530 and buy the packing bags at N5000 instead of N3200.

13. Most hawkers are usually charged dues like in Abia and Edo sachet hawker pays as much at N60 for tax.

**Majority of the company that produce Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) @ Eleme petrochemical industry in Rivers state and Lagos state have shut down due to high running cost and those that are importing this product are in shortage of Forex.

Its #10 in Niger state. bag@100
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by TheAziz: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
mtchew, why not decrease the quantity instead of increasing the price
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
UrbanMystique:
my friend that just came from north said it was 5naira and was surprised when he bought it 10 naira here .. So its you that is lying.
I'm in Niger. Where's your friend?
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by myked(m): 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sachet water is still 10bukcs/sachet & N100/bag
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by UrbanMystique: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Reyginus:
I'm in Niger. Where's your friend?
he came back from sokoto.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by creatorpikin(m): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Its nw #150 here in ibadan not #100..
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by 9japrof(m): 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Niger 70 naira? Please stop typing what you are not sure of. It's 150 and 120here. How did you even come about these figures?

Dude what part of Niger are you, cos I stay in Bida and the price of pure water from the factories is 70 naira and maybe resellers sell for 90 naira or so. The unit price still remains 5 naira for now though some retailers are kinda trying to sell at ten box

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by flowjoe: 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
I dunno what this op is talking about, pure water here in kd is 10 bucks
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by chimajii: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
nani212:
depends on what part of enugu u stay. Its 120 in trans ekulu

Chai.... Terrible, how enugu north took it upon themselves to charge 150.. I see angry
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Amanwulu1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Koleman:
the stats says one thing. South south and south east are their own worst enemies.... the same thing applies to the price of petrol...greed!
sorry, d writer didn't do his research very well. I'm typing frm a village in Niger state n a satchet is N10, don't knw about bag sha. D ppl here confirm dat b4 now some parts in Minna were selling N10. Wit dis I knw d writer must hv gotten it wrong in most northern state.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by SMARTKOSSY: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Koleman:
the stats says one thing. South south and south east are their own worst enemies.... the same thing applies to the price of petrol...greed!
Nope...those dat sell 100 and below are poverty laddened states.Eg Osun and ogun and the whole of northern states.Lagos can never sell a bag N150.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by EricDonn(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
The explanation for the price difference is very simple, how many northerners drink satchet water? its only southerners living upnorth that consume it. the average northerner does not care about satchet water, the rich ones don't take it, now why will u increase price when u are struggling to sell....?
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by EricDonn(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Audinowing:
It then means that we are really enjoying here in the North. A bag of satchet water from the factory still goes for #60. The northerners are good at showing themselves love. what a typical Northerner is concerned about is a reasonable income that will not be to the disadvantage of a fellow human. Exploitation rarely exist in the dictionary of a typical Northerner. This is one of the reasons why we have refused to come back to South despite the crisis.
You guys always drop the last line "except for d crisis"... if greed, exploitation, selfishness etc don't exist in d north then what causes the crisis? The southerners hate themselves yet they find it hard to kill but the north loves and also enjoys killing, what an irony
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by pythonkid(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Lalasticlala no dey comment sef?
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Ayomivic(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:

must we rely on sachet water ?why can we have tap water?
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ladyF(f): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
tiwiex:

Cities are expensive to live in. This is an indicator of where serious economic activities are taking place. Housing tends to be expensive, food and others. It definitely affects everything including your operating profit. The only way to survive is to ensure the revenue makes sense. It has nothing to do with greed. That's my thought. New York is quite expensive compares to some states. California too is expensive. Too many other factors. How many people have u met migrating up north? Plus the book haram issue.
I understand they are trying to maximize profit but they should also be reasonable.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ManirBK: 1:15am On Feb 27, 2016
ladyF:
Bloody thieves. Bloody bloody thieves.

Questions to be answered, do the producers in the North get these imported rolls at the same increased price as their Southern counterparts? Do the importers in the North get the same exchange rate or suffer the same shortage of dollar? Do the producers in the North experience the same miserable power supply?

If your answers to all these questions is yes, how then are they still selling at N5, and some people are making as much as 300% profit. WTF!!!! angry angry angry angry That is freaking exploitation. No excuse.

Tap water ti take over!!!!

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
the statistic never mention my state KEBBI pure water still @N5 as always No wahala
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ayindejimmy(m): 1:15am On Feb 27, 2016
2el:

Pure water in Lagos is still #10 for cold ones and #100 for a bag.
Don't just sit somewhere and draw up a bogus lust
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Adminisher: 5:55am On Feb 27, 2016
thatchick:

Thank you for this comment. I read through all the comments and nobody could disagree the fact that he said nylon for packaging sachet water is imported. I know of atleast 10 companies in Lagos that manufactures this nylon. It would have been better if he had said the raw materials used in manufacturing the nylon

The polythene is a Nigerian product. I know dozens of companies producing the stuff. Around 2008 , the machinery to produce these 'nylons' which is not even the correct name was N13m. Eleme Petrochemicals has not shut down and are producing the resin for the Polythene bags. It is just that the government has permitted them to export all their products without satisfying local markets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / List Of Microfinance Banks That Give Loans. / Femi Otedola's 'Simple Dressing'. Billionaire Replies Man (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.