Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. (42984 Views)

Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents / How To Succed In Pure Water Business / Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Gkemz: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Every horrible situation is an opportunity for another
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Clone2020:
The so called "biggest economy in Africa" still imports common polyethylene sachets.

It is well.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ahmadmuazu5(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Naomite:
What? Northern? LMAO! Ur English is killing.......
Show me the grammatical error there
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ahmadmuazu5(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
muller101:
because of sachet water thread. SMH
Yessssssss grin
muller101:
because of sachet water thread. SMH
Yessssssss
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by UrbanMystique: 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Southerners are simply the greediest people on earth.. Always using any means necessary to exploit.

They north no dey import polythene bag abi..
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ahmadmuazu5(m): 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
jhuzcoyle:

That's how northerners speak English abi... issorai
show me the grammatical error there
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by kolmart: 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
please stop wailing this is problem of individual not FG. is SS SE and SW are killing their people pure water doesnt have different from south,west yo north why is that only as she sw are selling at high price? it shows how we hate yourself in those zone/region so it is only psychiatric patient that will blame PMB on this.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by persius555(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Funny enough, every material required to produce this pure water can be found in excess quantity in the country. We have become a lazy bunch of people that would rather argue and talk for hours over an issue rather than getting down to act and solve the problem.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by galadima77(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
persius555:
Funny enough, every material required to produce this pure water can be found in excess quantity in the country. We have become a lazy bunch of people that would rather argue and talk for hours over an issue rather than getting down to act and solve the problem.

Nice post
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by begwong: 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kaduna price is wrong ooo. It's 120-150 per bag and 10 per sachet now.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by UrbanMystique: 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Nobody us selling pure water in the north at 5 naira. It's a huge lie. Don't be deceived. The op just sat down in his room, imagined a list and brought it to light.
my friend that just came from north said it was 5naira and was surprised when he bought it 10 naira here .. So its you that is lying.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
zanga420:
u made a very salient point bro. Lemme clarify u on some things.
Firstly the northerners have a simple life, which the religion helps 2enforce.
Then d core of d matter, things are not evenly distributed. There're more private firms in d south than d north. Majority of southerners are more enterprising than their northern counterparts. What %age of households in d north consume pure water compared to d south.
Hair barbing should not be costlier in d community of vultures. Structural situation of things in d country makes life tougher in d south, but its not true. I'm looking for a better way to put it clearer without writing long epistle, but d current is caused by structural inbalance n ideals not greed.
Lemme reiterate, anyday this country restructures to regional autonomy, south'll be better heaven than it is.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ubah84(m): 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
igbos are d enemy of dis country. just check price from the north

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by UrbanMystique: 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
OmoOsanyin:
The hike is artificial and unfounded. Do the guys up north source theirs differently?
It echoes weakness in the governors of SE and SW. The laxity in governance, indifference and insensitivity to the welfare of those goverened.
Well, as the is nothing but exploitative, these companies forget folks existed and drank water prior to satchet water. The stats show that se and sw have always been taken advantage of anyway, before and with the hike. GREED!
If they refuse to sell like the north, no qualms. Boil your borehole water, drink when cool.
Boycott the IDIOTS and lets see who will buckle.
exactly. I already order a water dispenser. No more pure water for me.. I hate exploitation.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Maitommi: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
I bought a bag in abakaliki today for 200 naira.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
zanga420:
u made a very salient point bro. Lemme clarify u on some things.
Firstly the northerners have a simple life, which the religion helps 2enforce.
Then d core of d matter, things are not evenly distributed. There're more private firms in d south than d north. Majority of southerners are more enterprising than their northern counterparts. What %age of households in d north consume pure water compared to d south.
Hair barbing should not be costlier in d community of vultures. Structural situation of things in d country makes life tougher in d south, but its not true. I'm looking for a better way to put it clearer without writing long epistle, but d current is caused by structural inbalance n ideals not greed.
Lemme reiterate, anyday this country restructures to regional autonomy, south'll be better heaven than it is.

Thanks bro for your intelligent input, in as much as you raise some important point, I don't want to believe on hang glaring act of greed, winner takes all and huge profit at all cost of the shoulder of imbalance in the way th country is structure, remember the North is educationally backward but they are not as hardened heart like my brothers and sisters in the south, do you know that house rent in the north was one of the cheapest (though still cheap now compare to the south) but my brothers from the south are teaching these people how to increase it unnecessarily.

My brother I have a lot to write about but I am not in the mood to write for now.

We need re- orientation in the south, we claim to be Christians/ Muslims and claim to know more than this people, but our hearts is desperately wicked.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by ubah84(m): 6:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Nobody us selling pure water in the north at 5 naira. It's a huge lie. Don't be deceived. The op just sat down in his room, imagined a list and brought it to light.
my brother am in JOS now and pure water is, #5

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by FuckTheMod: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
2el:
There have been sharp increase in d prices of pure water across d states due to one reason or the other.

1. The sachet which the water in contained in is imported

2. It comes as a plain roll and very large. the printers buy this plain roll and print the pure water company name on it.

3. Its in different sizes and measured in KG. 1Kg was N530 before, now its N1000.

4. Those printers use different chemicals and inks to print. These chemicals all has a hike in price.

5. They also hire labourers incurred other running costs to it.

6. A pure water company buy this finished roll at N1000 instead of N530 and buy the packing bags at N5000 instead of N3200.

7. The company pays staff.

8. The machines run on diesel.

9. Maintenance of service vehicles, pays rent.

10. Maintenance of machines.

11. Buy fuel for service vehicles.

12. Buy chemical for treatment of product.

13. Most hawkers are usually charged dues like in Abia and Edo sachet hawker pays as much at N60 for tax.

14. Retailers also tend to pay for lighting and ice blocks.

**Majority of the company that produce Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) @ Eleme petrochemical industry in Rivers state and Lagos state have shut down due to high running cost and those that are importing this product are in shortage of Forex.

Current price of pure water in states all over Nigeria.

Abia................N150 a bag /N15 a sachet
Adammawa....N70 a bag/ N5 a scahet
Akwa ibom......N150 a bag / N20-25 a sachet
Anambra.........N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Bauchi.............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Bayelsa........ ...N150 a bag / N20 a sachet
Benue..............N100a bag/ N10 a sachet
Borno...............N80 a bag /N10 a sachet
Cross river.......N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Delta................N150 a bag/ N15 a sachet
Ebonyi.............N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Edo...................N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Enugu.............N100 a bag/ N 10 a sachet
Gombe............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Imo.................N150 a bag / N15 a sachet
Jigawa...........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Kaduna..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kano..............N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Katsina..........N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kebbi......... ...N70 a bag / N5 a sachet
Kwara ...........N100 a bag / N10 a sachet
Lagos............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Niger.............N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Ogun............N100a bag / N10 sachet
Osun............N100 a bah/ N10 a sachet
Oyo..............N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Plateau........N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
River.............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet
Sokoto.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Taraba.........N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
Yobe......... ..N100 a bag/ N10 a sachet
Zamfara......N70 a bag/ N5 a sachet
FCT..............N150 a bag/ N20 a sachet

[/s]
Rubbish and lies

You people don't have genuine excuse. Just greed in your blood.

Woe betide any goat that will ask me to buy a sachet water for more than N10
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Pure water have been N10 in some parts of Niger state since before the dollar polythene blah blah rubbish. I remember buying for N10 as far back as 2013. But in Kaduna, Kano, Jos it is still N5.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by jamst2(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
Adaobi12:
With these kind of hot weather, one has no choice but to buy it na.
maybe its time to buy water bottles. lol

Abi naaa...lovely! kiss wink
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by chaberry(m): 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:
There have been sharp increase in d prices of pure water across d states due to one reason or the other.

2. It comes as a plain roll and very large. the printers buy this plain roll and print the pure water company name on it.

3. Its in different sizes and measured in KG. 1Kg was N530 before, now its N1000.

4. Those printers use different chemicals and inks to print. These chemicals all has a hike in price.

6. A pure water company buy this finished roll at N1000 instead of N530 and buy the packing bags at N5000 instead of N3200.

13. Most hawkers are usually charged dues like in Abia and Edo sachet hawker pays as much at N60 for tax.

**Majority of the company that produce Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) @ Eleme petrochemical industry in Rivers state and Lagos state have shut down due to high running cost and those that are importing this product are in shortage of Forex.

Op i reside in Niger state and pure water here is sold at #120 a bag and #10 a sachet
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Drabrah(m): 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
obaiIaIa:
Very soon, bottle water will become #100

".....when dis promise of change become change of promise"??

Thunder fire the zombies for putting us in this state.

Modified: E be like say them abbokkkisss no dey drink pure water o..No time...Just bend down, pull trouser down, piss drink am...So why hike the product further when sales dey low already.

Sitdown dia make pant dey wear U!
Dem dey make things work 4 demsef, we ( & our leaders ) dey give oursefs unnecessary hardship. Instead of u 2 think u dey make jest of dem, wen name dem supposed dey kari u laff sef!
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Naomite(f): 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
ahmadmuazu5:
Show me the grammatical error there
Check again dude
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by omogin(f): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:

Southerners hmmm I comment my reserve
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by tiwiex(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
ladyF:
Bloody thieves. Bloody bloody thieves.

Questions to be answered, do the producers in the North get these imported rolls at the same increased price as their Southern counterparts? Do the importers in the North get the same exchange rate or suffer the same shortage of dollar? Do the producers in the North experience the same miserable power supply?

If your answers to all these questions is yes, how then are they still selling at N5, and some people are making as much as 300% profit. WTF!!!! angry angry angry angry That is freaking exploitation. No excuse.

Tap water ti take over!!!!

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Cities are expensive to live in. This is an indicator of where serious economic activities are taking place. Housing tends to be expensive, food and others. It definitely affects everything including your operating profit. The only way to survive is to ensure the revenue makes sense. It has nothing to do with greed. That's my thought. New York is quite expensive compares to some states. California too is expensive. Too many other factors. How many people have u met migrating up north? Plus the book haram issue.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
I bought a bag of pure water 3 days back for #100 in Jos, went to get a bag today and was told it's now #120. Had to buy half bag cus I left my house with just #100. So OP correct the price u placed for Jos.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by theMEGAman(m): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
2el:

Nnewi south Anambra state is currently 120 per bag, 10naira for cooled one and 5naira for uncooled.
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by donvicky2007: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Anambra a sachet goes for N10 and not N15
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by Akaujaa(m): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
I disagree with you on the argument that nylon used for packaging sachet water is imported. In Asaba where i stay, i know of many companies that manufacture the nylon used in packaging sachet water. Besides, from your report, almost all the states in the north still sell at the normal price of N70 or N100 per bag and N5 or N10 per sachet. Does it therefore means that the Northern States don't incur the costs you just enumerated?

1 Like

Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by obaiIaIa(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Drabrah:
[/b]
Sitdown dia make pant dey wear U!
Dem dey make things work 4 demsef, we ( & our leaders ) dey give oursefs unnecessary hardship. Instead of u 2 think u dey make jest of dem, wen name dem supposed dey kari u laff sef!

You know wetin you go help me do now?? You go comot ur boxer, wear am for ur head, kon snap am put am for Facebook...Oya do that quickly... grin
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by icybeth(m): 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Niger state na #10
Re: Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. by olasunky15(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
5 naira it is in Kano. Just like someone said earlier, the southerners (South south, South east and south west) are the cause of their own problem, we southerners living in the north do buy things very cheap, sometimes when you hear how much my brothers pay for transportation in the south, one will begin to wonder if we are from same country, just as I have always said, the North would've been the best place to live if not for crisis, most of the southerners hate themselves and the level of greed is beyond normal, we always want to make 1000% profit all the time whereas the average Hausa man is contented with what they make everyday and we always think we are wiser than them yet they are also in position of authority, they take live very simple.

We the southerners need to tell ourselves the truth, we dislike one another that's why it is easier for government to take advantage of us. I have lot to say on this but let me go back to work.

N:B Southerners include (Yoruba, Igbo, Binis and everyone after river Niger).
My name is Temi, I am just here to make common sense.

ask urself, we and wu ll buy @ #10 or more should d north decides to increase d price?

even @#5, can u compare d turnover of pure water in bauchi or ur Kano to lagos, or rivers?
even @#10, which in my area, it goes for 3 for #20..... pple still patronise it and also prefer plastic water.... do u know Wat d elasticity of demand will be should northern states dare increase it..... dis my be advance to u, but to me it is simple economics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / Mani Manoharan, Dangote's Manager Dies In India After Suffering Heart Attack / Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.