Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians (22298 Views)

Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study / 1.8 Million Nigerians Suffering Glaucoma / Get A Beautiful And Affordable Business Website For Your Health Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by GboyegaD(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
They should also look into the NHIS and ensure they enact a law that compels every Nigerian to have an Insurance Plan. That way, it will reduce the mortality due to non-commitment of initial deposit by patients and perhaps, give way to we charging negligent doctors to appropriate court of law when they choose not to perform their responsibilities properly.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by habsydiamond(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Buhari is working nigeria is changing. Peace be unto this generation
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by makabulchi(m): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
360metrosports:
The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole has stated that the Federal Government has plans to offer free health care to 100 million Nigerians in 2 years.

The minister disclosed this while speaking on Thursday at a weekly broadcast on the African Independent Television.

The minister said for the government to achieve the target, primary healthcare services would be revamped and the government would take to the “the universally accepted concept of one primary healthcare centre per political ward”.

He disclosed that pregnant women would be one of the beneficiaries of the scheme.

“One of the things we want to do under the revitalised PHC programme is that each of these revitalised, reinvigorated PHC will have an industrial borehole so that we can offer water to the people, clean drinkable water,” he said.

”The primary healthcare facilities, according to the minister,will be managed by nurses, mid-wives and village workers so as to accommodate cultural differences in different parts of Nigeria. “If we do not (do this), people will not use the facilities.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/fg-unveils-free-health-services-to-100.html
I pray....nothing is free even in free town
Who una dey deceive
"Plans" ke
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by dondo83(m): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
dukie25:

Borehole is equal to primary health care?
Anyway this propaganda is strictly
for Sai-babarians.

only if school passed through you then you will know clean water is a major aspect to primary health care, alot of diseases affect rural areas due to villagers not being able to drink clean water. if the borehole is available it automatically prevents some illnesses ..

Also for the people lamenting be patient, without budget the government can only tell us their plans but cant roll it out! when the budget is passed then you can judge, wailing now is just a sign of ignorance

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by omogin(f): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin free healthcare indeed. Doctors in teaching hospitals were last paid in November. Most health workers are promoted without pay rise. Brain drain is finishing the manpower. APC should get more nollywood stars to spice up their sh.t
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Pidggin(f): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tallesty1:
Going to.
Have plans.
Will.
May
etc are not what we want to hear cause there's a possibility that it may never come to pass.

Wetin chop your campaign promises may come for them too.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Keneking:
Great, even Dr.Jonathan could not achieve this thought process in meeting the needs of Primary Health Care, a key instrument in reducing deaths in the country.

Yes! Thank you

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by emzila(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tallesty1:
Going to.
Have plans.
Will.
May
etc are not what we want to hear cause there's a possibility that it may never come to pass.

use ur head very well, until the budget is passed, buhari will not sell cow to implement his campaign promises. I have been expecting Nigeria to complain about the delay in the passage of the budget rather dan complain that the campaign promises are yet to be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by fitinwell: 11:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
[size=18pt]This story is false until., i recieve my #5,000 monthly federal government allowance.. And free lunch to every child at primary school level, and see Two million Nigerian youths Employed.. [/size]
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by liver123(m): 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
one thing i have known this our government for is talking without action
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Godsfamilymemba: 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
dukie25:

Borehole is equal to primary health care?
Anyway this propaganda is strictly
for Sai-babarians.
Go and read up components of primary health care before saying someone else doesn't know what he is doing.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Gkemz: 11:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
419 scam
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Touchey: 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Another item added to the wish list
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by qtx(m): 12:00am On Feb 27, 2016
Keneking:
Great, even Dr.Jonathan could not achieve this thought process in meeting the needs of Primary Health Care, a key instrument in reducing deaths in the country.

He said plans. The gullible you have started insulting John Way already. Why not wait let the plan even start with one person before you start.

A man ones said i will buy a horse when i get some money. And the horse will be pregnant, later it will deliver its baby.
Then the little son said in that case any time you beat me daddy, i will ride the baby horse until it will die.
And the father of the boy started beating the boy until the little boy died.

Moral lesson: wait until the plan starts before you start killing another man for failing to do the same thing feat.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by amanze15(m): 1:45am On Feb 27, 2016
longayink:
Free Health Service?

Free Health Services don't exist anywhere, even in the richest countries of the world.

This is another APC Propaganda of Falsehood to deceive the most gullible Nigerians. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

oga farabale alot of countries offer a almost 'free' heath care to its populace

abi you wan compare America health care to UK health care abi the EU as a own, almost read between lines haba
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by amanze15(m): 1:46am On Feb 27, 2016
GboyegaD:
They should also look into the NHIS and ensure they enact a law that compels every Nigerian to have an Insurance Plan. That way, it will reduce the mortality due to non-commitment of initial deposit by patients and perhaps, give way to we charging negligent doctors to appropriate court of law when they choose not to perform their responsibilities properly.
someone making sense at last

1000 likes for you
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by isnovic(m): 3:00am On Feb 27, 2016
Govt. of I will, of promises.
Can someone tell them to start already?
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Darayola(m): 3:33am On Feb 27, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Stop Talking and start Acting.
Bro, acting can only come to been when the budget is approved!
They are telling you what they want to do. The approval of the budget determines its reality.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Nobody: 5:00am On Feb 27, 2016
Even my village people conduct free health-care. Federal Government should go and sleep not boast of minor things like this.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by plaetton: 5:42am On Feb 27, 2016
Lol.

How come it's not in the government's Budget?

Oh, I get it.

Election expenses have to be recovered first in the first year's budget, then thereafter, the administration can begin to look into the health of those that voted them in.

I get it.
Brilliant!
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Tallesty1:
Going to.
Have plans.
Will.
May

When you have not appropriated funds under the 2016 budget and are feeding on the scraps of a supplementary budget, the only things you can have is plans. Wait till April ending and watch what happens.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by kenyguy(m): 6:48am On Feb 27, 2016
divinehand2003:

I totally agree with you my Bro. Most laudable programs on paper never see the light of day in reality. There are a lot of abandoned programs like the Midwives service schemes (MSS), SURE-P on health, free maternal and child health programs, HIV-AIDS National programs etc, good programs I must confess but most are non-existent today.
The NGOs running some of these programs are already pulling out because our so called leaders are markedly irresponsible and unserious about the basic needs of her people.
Nigeria is a huge joke!!!
Our Problem is not Party, our problem is the Politicians in general.
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Justinah4real(f): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2016
divinehand2003:

I totally agree with you my Bro. Most laudable programs on paper never see the light of day in reality. There are a lot of abandoned programs like the Midwives service schemes (MSS), SURE-P on health, free maternal and child health programs, HIV-AIDS National programs etc, good programs I must confess but most are non-existent today.
The NGOs running some of these programs are already pulling out because our so called leaders are markedly irresponsible and unserious about the basic needs of her people.
Nigeria is a huge joke!!!
The other health programes like Hiv and Cancer, treatment, Pmb has diverted the fund, thus frustrating the foreign partners, and killing lots of Nigerians. Another distraction from Lie lie mohamed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by tomdon(m): 7:31am On Feb 27, 2016
this is vague, ambiguous, unplanned, fallacious. you just come out and dole out sweet talks. what's the policy and how is it to be implemented?

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:32am On Feb 27, 2016
plaetton:
Lol.

How come it's not the government's Budget?

Oh, I get it.

Election expenses have to be recovered first in the first year's budgey, then thereafter, the administration can begin to look into the health of those that voted them in.

I get it.
Brilliant!

Stop assuming .
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by plaetton: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Stop assuming .

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then we have to ASSUME that it's a duck.

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by aloeman15(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2016
greenpasture:

When you have not appropriated funds under the 2016 budget and are feeding on the scraps of a supplementary budget, the only things you can have is plans. Wait till April ending and watch what happens.
My pipul,
See trobul o!
E get who force baba bubu not to take him pam sec pipul do budget?
Abi na we say make him begin use d money for marsh?
Shebi dem bin promise sey dem go stat to dey do us beta by january, wey evn lai talk say dis year go be one day,one pati, wetin con hapn na?
Den some pipul com hia still dey tell us say na apri?!
Shuu!
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by ZUBY77(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2016
Keneking:

I hope you are making money out of this your idiocy.
You understand that sometimes, what we adopt as our lifestyle changes our mentality and it becomes late someday.

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2016
plaetton:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then we have to ASSUME that it's a duck.

But there is no resemblance of such insinuations - its all in your head . You are against the government , so everything would seem mendacious or deceptive to you .
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by plaetton: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But there is no resemblance of such insinuations - its all in your head . You are against the government , so everything would seem mendacious or deceptive to you .

There is such thing as against.
Only shallow minds think that being critical of a government is the same as being against the government.

Are you happy paying estimated NEPA bills of N10k or more when you only get about 2 hrs of power supply everyday?
Of course not.

I am very critical of the this regime because they have played their hand very very early in the game.

Therefore, based on their attempted budget fraud in a bid to recover their elections expenses, we already know what to expect from them over the next few years. And it ain't gonna be good
If the ruling party can perpetrate or try to perpetrate , in broad daylight, this multi-trillion Naira fraud on the Nigerian public, then on what moral basis can they claim to be fighting corruption ?

1 Like

Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 27, 2016
I wonder why nobody comes up to say 'we plan on building on the foundation the fellow before us laid down'. Rather every one wants to make a name for himself and start his own building. Wouldn't it be more productive to roof and complete projects that have already been started than to leave a string of uncompleted buildings in the wake of every outgoing administration? When will we have continuity in government policies and projects?
Re: FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians by donodion(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
360metrosports:
The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole has stated .....

The minister said for the government to achieve the target, primary healthcare services would be revamped and the government would take to the “the universally accepted concept of one primary healthcare centre per political ward”.

He disclosed that pregnant women would be one of the beneficiaries of the scheme.

[B]”The primary healthcare facilities, according to the minister,will be managed by nurses, mid-wives and village workers so as to accommodate cultural differences in different parts of Nigeria. “If we do not (do this), people will not use the facilities.”
[/B]

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/fg-unveils-free-health-services-to-100.html

Now we mean business. Change is here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide Over N250,000 Debt In Niger State / World Beard Day: All You Need To Know / Resident Doctors Declare Total & Indefinite Strike, List 8 Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.