Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard (38105 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by doctokwus: 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
It's useless organisations like this that end up giving Ibos a bad name,supporting any useless person, even a murderer just because he's of the same tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by serikiYCU(m): 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
hypocrisy is supporting d Killin of boko and begging for forgiveness of Rev king. De r all murderer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by BayLord01(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Diesel1:
don't pay evil with evil
Then why cant they advocate for all the prisioner in the prision to be release? afterall head no pass head.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by amiskurie(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
So if an Hausa man,or Yoruba man kills.... An Hausa,or Yoruba group can just spew that kind of excuses?

Same thing that ngozi ezeonu did. What is wrong with these set of people?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by BayLord01(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
snika:
I'm neither a judge, nor an angel nor God, however, if the Nigerian judiciary forks out a death sentence for King, they should in the same light sentence other people whose actions led to loss of human life.

Rev King and Pastor TB Joshua are both Nigerians
Their action both led to loss of human lives
Rev King was immediately arrested and remanded in prison
TB Joshua has failed to answer several court summons

I repeat, I don't have any say for justice neither am I worthy to stand in the presence of God due to my sins, but I will always say: what is good for the geese is good for the gander. Nobody should be treated higher than anybody in the face of the law.
You are very bias and i sense trablistic* in ur comment. Rev king burn persons to death but Tb Joshua own na building colapse. why comparing the two?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Lanretoye(m): 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
snika:
I'm neither a judge, nor an angel nor God, however, if the Nigerian judiciary forks out a death sentence for King, they should in the same light sentence other people whose actions led to loss of human life.

I repeat, I don't have any say for justice neither am I worthy to stand in the presence of God due to my sins, but I will always say: what is good for the geese is good for the gander. Nobody should be treated higher than anybody in the face of the law.
Are u thinking with ur bum-bum?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Diesel1(m): 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
banmee:

Let me try and understand your juvenile thought process. So, it is ok to kill/murder someone but it is wrong of the state to do same to the person that did it even it is line with what the law says. You sure say you go school at all?
who's quarreling with dis ape! Buzz off.... Where did u sch? Lol u get a life.. After everything u will goto church for forgiveness... It hard for u to survive in d firm, pray for mercy..
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by henryhemon(m): 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
amunkita:
Gawd punish these set of Ndi igbo...
This is the reason we re bashed, because of some few Ediots...

Should we deny justice because of sentiment

Pls I speak on behalf of Ndi Igbo, we don't know this group nd they re not representing our thought...

Group ndi uwa Mmebi...

Signed;
Nwoke onye uwa Mmebi
Ndi igbo common sense makers..

My brother exactly what I have been saying,we have become cry babies of Nigeria,Onyeka onwenu and others were sacked and she cried she was sacked cuz she was igbo shocked,and now this?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by banmee(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
Diesel1:
who's quarreling with dis ape! Buzz off.... Where did u sch? Lol u get a life.. After everything u will goto church for forgiveness... It hard for u to survive in d firm, pray for mercy..

Sorry. Please forgive me. I had to ask if you had an education because your thought process is no better than that of a fulani goat herder. And yes, I will always pray and ask for forgiveness everyday because i am not perfect. But one thing i do know for a fact is if i murder anyone, then i should expect to be executed for the crime.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Hollaniyii(m): 1:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
Killing him will not bring the dead back to life; life imprisonment is better. Nobody is qualified to take a life created by God

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by tobiasbeecher: 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adminisher:
What is wrong with this tribe?
Tribal bigot! They have given you licence to show your hatred for anything Igbo. Just because some group of people demanded that Rev. King shouldn't be killed it now becomes an avenue for you to show your tribal bitterness and call out the entire Igbo tribe. You're a disgrace!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by banmee(m): 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hollaniyii:
Killing him will not bring the dead back to life; life imprisonment is better. Nobody is qualified to take a life created by God

But Rev king took a life na. Is he qualified to do so? And since we are using the bible to justify what is wrong, the bible also says "an eye for an eye".

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by maestroferddi: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adminisher:
The question should be what is wrong with you.

The so-called Rev King is admittedly an evil man but what is there to be gained from hanging him?

Or are you a bloodthirsty demon that revel at the shedding of blood?

Are you not aware that most nations have abolished the death penalty?

Let them commute his death penalty to life imprisonment so that he will live to regret and repent of his misdeeds...
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by mbhs139(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
catchfun:

Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria (NCSN) has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to spare the life on Rev. Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, the General Overseer of Christian Praying Assembly.

Leader of the group, Chief Udo Udeogaranya, made the appeal after the Supreme Court threw out Rev King’s appeal against the death sentence passed on him in 2007 by a Lagos High Court presided over by Justice Joseph Oyewole. The group begged President Muhammadu Buhari to “commute the sentence and grant him pardon as Nigeria stands to gain nothing by shedding blood.”

“This plea is premised on the ground that many Nigerians still hold Rev. Ezeugo as their spiritual leader even in various prisons and that the initial trial in Lagos as purportedly put forward by his lawyer Mr. Olalekan Ojo and published by national dailies was a miscarriage of justice in which the lawyer made certain points that demanded a second thought.

“Ojo argued that his client did not commit the crime and was not at the scene of the incident.
“He insisted that the deceased, Ann Uzoh, had in two statements she made after the incident and before her death, stated that she got burnt in a generator accident and that the cleric was not responsible for her injuries.
“Ojo said the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, had tendered statements which stated that Ezeugo was not responsible for the burns that led to Uzoh’s death.

“He alleged that the trial Judge refused to admit in evidence, the statements he said exonerated Ezeugo of the crime.
The lawyer further contended that “had those ‘vital exhibits’ been admitted rather than expunged by the trial judge, they would have operated to cast serious doubt on the case of the prosecution.
“He maintained that Justice Oyewole’s refusal to admit the exhibits in evidence ‘occasioned a great miscarriage of justice’ against his client.”

This Igbo group are not just funny but they are silly at the same time. Why? Here are the reasons, from the bold parts:

You are begging someone to "spare the life...," you made the appeal after the Supreme Court threw out Rev King’s appeal against the death sentence, that he should be pardoned, and in this same breath you are still castigating the Supreme Court judgement as a miscarriage of justice. Which means you do not agree with the judgement but you are just begging for mercy.

The sensible thing to have done is to have agreed with the judgement and simply ask that Justice should be tampered with Mercy, Period! But typically of their type, they are still grand standing.
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
ojimbo:
what the hell are you saying? comparing TB Joshua case with that of Rev King.

That is typical Igbo man mentality.

Igbo man go commit crime finish, when it's time for punishment he will start shouting "They are persecuting me because I am Igbo" grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Mcowubaba: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adminisher:
Where is thy Sense undecided.....

So a 'small unrecognized' Igbo group of Reverend King's sympathizers now represents the Whole Igbo tribe shocked....
No common Sense....Ben Bruce has more work to do...
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Akaujaa(m): 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
I pity for Nigeria. Why is that each time a person is incarcerated for the offence committed, we either bring tribal sentiments into it or ask that others be dragged into it. Hence, you hear things like "what about Mr A or B, have they been punished?" We forget that sometimes we need to set example with one single person so others could learn or take caution when they want to indulge in such crime. The truth is that Nigerians have so institutionalized corruption such that evil has become a norm in every home. That's ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by harsysky(m): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
People who push drugs are killed even when they don't force people to buy it. It's the law and I believe he isn't above it sha.

But for those who want him to be released, let the govt invite them to come die with him if they want.

The man who said that Rev king wasn't even around when the incident happened, I wish you what Rev king wished that Lady, so if it's good, no wahala!
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by ChappyChase: 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
lawal28c:

abeg na man u b jooor....person kil and una dey say make dem no kill am bro I see u...nice comment
Well we dey only advocate for him expensive beards...
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Diesel1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
banmee:

Sorry. Please forgive me. I had to ask if you had an education because your thought process is no better than that of a fulani goat herder. And yes, I will always pray and ask for forgiveness everyday because i am not perfect. But one thing i do know for a fact is if i murder anyone, then i should expect to be executed for the crime.
I now understand... Adolescent age still dey be u.. Time shall come wen u will realize in life dat To err is human, to forgive divine
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by amunkita(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
henryhemon:

My brother exactly what I have been saying,we have become cry babies of Nigeria,Onyeka onwenu and others were sacked and she cried she was sacked cuz she was igbo shocked,and now this?

Nwanne, I swear the thing tire me..
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by igbsam(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
The igbos are so quick to play the tribal card. What is it with them sef. These my people are just giving us bad aura
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Harfisco(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Igbo people are the root of most evils in nigeria...quote me wrong and die young

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by omonnakoda: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
snika:

You are a hypocrite. TB Joshua has been taken to court and should be prosecuted. "action leading to loss of human life" is a specious piece of logic. IN LAW there are degrees of homicide. Many actions or inactions of GEJ led to loss of human life not least the stadium exam debacle but they are NOT murder. Are we to close down our courts and legal system because on person got away with a crime
There is such a concept in law as UNLAWFUL DEATH. It is not only action but inaction(failure to take action) that results in culpability . Certainly there is a prima facie evidence for such in the TB Joshua case but the TWO cases should not be conflated. TB Joshua is in court

It is not always a murder offence there are many other lesser charges . King has been convicted and sentenced and that process is OVER . He can now appeal for a pardon to the right channel which is Governor Ambode and not Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by sammysammy111(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
thunder go fire dat organization

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by chidozieikeji2: 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lol I thankGod we still have Good and upright judges at d supreme court and am also happy dat our president is an upright man too who hears no abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by banmee(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
Diesel1:
I now understand... Adolescent age still dey be u.. Time shall come wen u will realize in life dat To err is human, to forgive divine

This is why i ask and will continue asking if you've ever had an education. Every student did some sort of government course in school and would know that "THE LAW IS BLIND". This is the only way to ensure equity and fairness. If you have time i could give a class on it. Just say the word.
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by justiz5(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by OYIBN: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
He who kills by the sword will die by the sword. Rev King is a danger to society and cant be allowed to live so as not endanger the lives of others.He should be put to permanent rest and he should go and meet Ann the innocent lady he brutally killed. Satan in human skin bye.
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by Diesel1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
banmee:

This is why i ask and will continue asking if you've ever had an education. Every student did some sort of government course in school and would know that "THE LAW IS BLIND". This is the only way to ensure equity and fairness. If you have time i could give a class on it. Just say the word.
I don't have ur time bye
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by gabicon: 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
snika:

The TB Joshua case by law is categorised as involuntary manslaughter rev king was outright murder cos he intended to cause bodily harm.
Re: Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard by sinistermind(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
I am Igbo and I say he should be killed. He man who doesn't have regards for human lives shouldn't be spared.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / Stephanie Otobo's Mother & Sister At Apostle Suleman's Church To Beg (Video) / Father Mbaka Pays Hospital Bills Of Patients Worth Over ₦18.8 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.