Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,343 members, 7,836,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge (743 Views)

Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues / Help!!!toyota Camry 07 SE Overheating / Help!! Toyota Sienna Emmits Black Smoke With Low Fuel Milage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by ohisbo: 11:26am On Feb 27, 2016
Hey guys please I need your help my toyota corolla 2009 transmission is not responding. This started after I changed my engine and water adaptor. After 7 days I noticed the gear could not change to 3 and 4. It sounds as if its been revved as if its on neutral. Also it can not reverse. I took t back to the toyota company in abuja dat changed d engine only to be told I need a new transmission.
Pls I need help. I use only ws toyota recommend and just changed d only like 5 months ago.
Re: Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by Stylz69(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2016
Was the oil change done before or after the engine was replaced? If it was done before, do you know what fluid spec was used by the auto workshop? Check the colour and smell of the fluid; is it pink? Does it smell burnt?
Re: Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by Stylz69(m): 11:44am On Feb 27, 2016
Was the oil change done before or after the engine was replaced? If it was done before, do you know what fluid spec was used by the auto workshop? Check the colour and smell of the fluid; is it pink? Does it smell burnt? Do you have a check engine light on? If yes, do a scan.
Re: Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by ohisbo: 11:52am On Feb 27, 2016
D oil change was done before the engine change. And its was pink as 4days ago and no burnt smell. T was not even guaged so thry had to do a top up. Dis was b4 d transmission issue.
Re: Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by Kashif(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
ohisbo:
Hey guys please I need your help my toyota corolla 2009 transmission is not responding. This started after I changed my engine and water adaptor. After 7 days I noticed the gear could not change to 3 and 4. It sounds as if its been revved as if its on neutral. Also it can not reverse. I took t back to the toyota company in abuja dat changed d engine only to be told I need a new transmission.
Pls I need help. I use only ws toyota recommend and just changed d only like 5 months ago.

Which one is water adaptor? You said the engine does not rev when this happens? Does it happen when cold or hot? A Toyota 'company' did this? Your drive train needs analysis.
Re: Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by ohisbo: 12:27am On Feb 28, 2016
Hey Kashif, I meant hose adaptor pic attached. The car when accelerating doesnt select 3 and 4 sounding as if its been reved like ts on nuetral. T happens wether cold or hot. I will ask for the analysis of the drive train because I believed they must have done a scan.tnx

Re: Help Toyota Corolla 09 Gear Challenge by Kashif(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2016
ohisbo:
Hey Kashif, I meant hose adaptor pic attached. The car when accelerating doesnt select 3 and 4 sounding as if its been reved like ts on nuetral. T happens wether cold or hot. I will ask for the analysis of the drive train because I believed they must have done a scan.tnx

I am not able to view the picture. See if you can change its format. So, the transmission falls out of gear after 2nd? Do you know if 3 is actually commanded after 2? If the selection stops at 2, you could not have known if 4th is lost as well. Drive it with very little throttle, say 15 to 20% and see if you get 3rd. Before the flare, does it jerk? Are you sure your harness is intact, and all sensors connected? A wrong wiring could ground your transmission.

(1) (Reply)

2016 Bmw X6m Vs Porsche Cayenne Vs Mercedes AMG GLE63 Vs Range Rover Svr / Nairaland Autos Vs Olx Autos / Where Can I Get This Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.