Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,134 members, 7,835,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? (654 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Loots: 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
There is a guy whom I love and actually crushed on since childhood but because he is Christian my parents said No that we cannot get married.

Now, we are about to get married in a week without our parents approval. He seems fine with it so do I but people are saying it's not right but what can I do? I want him but my parents don't want him. Especially my dad.

Are there really consequences? Or its just a myth and it's no big deal?
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by christaddicted: 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Somehow yes.

Modified

...but that's just human factors in Africa.
I see nothing wrong, no consequences its just parents, people with their mindsets & believe..

Go on with the marriage if God purposed it.

Congratulations!
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Greene66: 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
My advice:

Screw your parents and get married to whom you love and be happy.

Thank you.

Meanwhile: USD needed in the U.S anybody with USD please mail me.
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by seunlayi(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
HAVE IT IN YOUR MIND THAT O.Y.O STATUS LOADING

1 Like

Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
But you need their support, just tell them, that is your choice, and you will feel joy if they just say prayer on your wedding day. It is well with you my sister
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
Op life is not Telemundo oh! Why would you get maried without your parents approval in a real life. If your husband turns to mike tyson later and blows off ur left eye, who would you run to b4 d other eye plucks out?

You better be patient and seek elderly counsel from ur families b4 u make ur decision. Besides, if u prefer to be great than to just pass thru life, then ur parents marital approval and blessing is a necessity. Its so important that even if you're an orphan, ur foster parents are to bless u. So take it easy.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
There are no consequences. Forget those african myth.

If your parents are not in support, like the man at the second comment said 'Screw Them'

smiley Happy married life.
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by talktonase(m): 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
do not try it oh! from experience such marriages dont last..."Honour your mother and your father for your days to be long" that is the only commandment that comes with an instant blessing.

1 Like

Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Topestbilly(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
No yam from mama in d village grin

No mind dis people saying screw dem oo,

Nothing like your parents, they ar many situations no one will stand by you except your parents and especially mother.

Just look for a better way to solve it n get a win/win situation at d end. All d best
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Loots: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
Thanks.
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by rheether(f): 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
Just do a court wedding pending when they (Your parent) decide to approve the marriage.
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Laitesmart(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Best way... Impregnate her sharp sharp!! Then carry her.... Or make him impregnate u sharp sharp..
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by Oyiboman69: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Its definitely not advisable....
Re: Are There Consequences For Getting Married To Someone Without Parents Approval? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
Yea

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Things Girls Check Before Marrying A Guy - Part 1 / Ladies, What's The Most Ridiculous Compliment You've Ever Received / NYSC Turns Love Doctor...(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.