Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery (12439 Views)

Twitter IPO Updates / NSE freezes share price of Conoil, Dangote Sugar And 26 Others / Dangote Sugar Refinery Shares: 18 Naira At IPO, Now 56 Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 5:41am On Mar 19, 2007
cleric:

I need about 100,000 units of Dangote sugar or NASCON. If you HAVE A substantial quantity and is interested, reach me on 08029959940. I am willing to buy at premium rate. Please no time wasters.
My brother, Once you get a willing buyer all you guys have to do is use the same broker to seal the deal.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 5:58am On Mar 19, 2007
egoldman:

well when i look at the volume of trades that have been done on the shares of dangote sugars it keeps changing from day to day,does that not mean that they are already trading the shares ? i had asked this question on another thread because i would like to know if dangote investors have already gotten their certificates already as the IPO was just recently concluded ,if there are ways to get round the delays of getting the certificates after buying IPOs ,then i would start singing ipo songs right now .someone should plz throw some light on this .

The E-PO is the only way for you to get your shares faster than normal. With the E-PO you dont get a certificate. Your shares are credited directly to your CSCS account and a statement is sent to you to that effect. All you need to do is to fill out the section that specifies your stockbroker and CSCS no on the application form .

As per the Dangote. Mind you the guy only sold 30% of the company to other shareholders. He is still holding 70%. So the sales that you are seeing maybe sales by him to people that could not get it to buy during the PO. It could also be sales by people who have had their accounts credited directly with their shares. With an E-PO you dont need to verify the shares , once it is confirmed that your account has been credited you can sell
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by omooba72(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2007
can someone help me with the cscs web address ?
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by cleric(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2007
For anything u want to know abt the nigeria stock market, visit: http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/index.jsp ; on this page you can do loads if u register, it is just a meagre 18,000 naira if you a re a major trader. Thios does not give you aces to trade but you can actually view activities.

For the CSCS :http://www.cscsnigeria.com/
Hope you find this useful.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by omooba72(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2007
@Cleric , Thanks alot for this useful information , i'm very grateful for your prompt response , Cheers grin grin grin
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gists: 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2007
@frankiriri,

Pls, any info on NASCON? its so scars. I hear their could be PO as well. How true is this?
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Tmoni(m): 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2007
i have been looking for nascon for two weeks now,
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 12:36am On Mar 24, 2007
Given that Dangote has made a bid for the shares it is not likely that the shares would be available anytime soon as other institutional investors will be scrambling to have a piece of the latest pie from the guy with midas touch
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Tmoni(m): 5:29am On Mar 24, 2007
so we the middle class have benn left out again,
this 9ja sef tire person

pls i am ready to buy nascon if anybody will sell

@oga Frank

Eterna oil is looking good to me bt my stock broker says i shld nt go near it, he says the financials ae nt too good

whats ur take on it?
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gists: 6:38am On Mar 24, 2007
Tmoni:

please i am ready to buy nascon if anybody will sell

@Frank, you can say the above quote goes for me as well. I'm very much interested in buying the NASCON shares. Just in case you come across anyone that's intrested in selling, pls mail me at felameds@yahoo.com

Thanks bro
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 7:50am On Mar 25, 2007
Haven't seen their financials. So I can comment.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by ebony9ja(m): 11:12am On Apr 06, 2007
For all of us that took the good risk of investing in DSR, I will say a big congratulations for doing the right thing. As i have said when i started this thread, investments is all about risk. if skeptics have looked beyong the 'one man' tag and face the basic fundamentals of the company, they will be sitting on more than 135% returns in less than one month.

Hopefully, the stock will hit N50 next week . This is base on another dividend to be declare in two weeks.

Trust Nigerians, people wil react differently to debut of Obajana IPO  this time. Dangote has proved a point using DSR as a lunch pad for  subsequent and gradual introduction of his other companies on the NSE.  It was a very smart move indeed.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 1:15am On Apr 08, 2007
ebony9ja:

For all of us that took the good risk of investing in DSR, I will say a big congratulations for doing the right thing. As i have said when i started this thread, investments is all about risk. if skeptics have looked beyong the 'one man' tag and face the basic fundamentals of the company, they will be sitting on more than 135% returns in less than one month.

Hopefully, the stock will hit N50 next week . This is base on another dividend to be declare in two weeks.

Trust Nigerians, people wil react differently to debut of Obajana IPO this time. Dangote has proved a point using DSR as a lunch pad for subsequent and gradual introduction of his other companies on the NSE. It was a very smart move indeed.

Dangote could not have been considered a risky stock by any one doing looking at the fundamentals. Most Nigerians believe in the Dangote touch. But all that aside the company is a monopolist and is bound to make it. Cant say the same for Obajana. It may trade largely on the Dangote brand name.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 3:09am On Apr 08, 2007
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by oshkosh(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2007
A key factor with Obajana is the entry point. As it's easy to compare the price with other companies in the sector, I Dangote is likely to introduce Obajana at a major discount and given the performance of DSR post IPO and the Dangote brand, this is bound to set the Obajana IPO on fire.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2007
Dangote Sugar had all the attributes of what Warren Buffer would call a consumer monoploy with good management so it is on a different plane altogether from Obajana cement which has 3 major competitors already quoted on the stock exchange at least two of which control a significant share of the market.
I beleive the share would trade largely on the Dangote brand.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2007
Dangote Sugar had all the attributes of what Warren Buffer would call a consumer monoploy with good management  so it is on a different plane altogether from Obajana cement which has 3 major competitors already quoted on the stock exchange at least two of which control a significant share of the market.
I beleive the share would trade largely on the Dangote brand.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2007
Dangote is at it again. He , Otedola and Transcorp have bought the PH refinery. I hope they bring it to the market soon. But I doubt it.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by BIGBOYLARY(m): 8:37pm On May 25, 2007
@Frankiri

The biggest bubble will soon be unfolding on the stock market if we think DSR is SUPERB!! let us wathch out for the big Gbosa coming into the market OBAJAN, ?? NB They will bring PH into the market after cutting and finetunning, !!!!!!!!!!. cool
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 11:46pm On May 29, 2007
Im not too sure of the Obajana thing oh. Agreed it is touted as being larger than WAPCO and Ashaka put together but capacity does not necesasily translate into market share.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Make Your First Million Naira In 80days With Watermelon Farm Business / Beware MMM, Has Crashed In Nigeria, MMM Crashes In Nigeria?, / Uniqueness Of Land Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.