Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

A Lady's Thought On The Ese Oruru Saga - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Lady's Thought On The Ese Oruru Saga (655 Views)

Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression / Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lady's Thought On The Ese Oruru Saga by adegunwa4real(m): 6:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Today, I want to pour out my heart on the Ese Oruru kidnap saga.
Many years ago, there was a woman who sold Ofe Aku and rice in Awka. She would turn a blind eye as her underage daughters flirted or took advances from men as she was hoping a "breakthrough" will come through that. One of them got pregnant and had a baby without marriage in the process. Remember I said"underage".
When we were growing up, you will receive a slap first and then your own parents will say certain demeaning things to you if they just catch you looking at "man" at all...lol. I also remember how my father handled one person who was preying on girls in the neighbourhood in Festac.
Ese's kidnap is rather unfortunate and I believe the paedophile who did this should be brought to book. Religion isn't an excuse for paedophilia. However, I watched a few of the press videos and read up on the story.
My take is that when ese started playing with her mum's customers, her mother pretended not to see as she hoped for few financial gains. She didn't except naive ese will fall in "love" so blindly that she will run away with anyone at that age. Ese fell into the hands of Yunusa, one of her mother's customers and she naively agreed to follow him. Yunusa wasn't a child and knew what he was doing. I hope the young girl is rescued but I also hope her mother and Yunusa are punished for neglecting a minor and paedophilia respectively.
Women, money isn't everything. There are many mothers like mama ese out there. Keep an eye on your daughters and be firm in protecting them. We live in an age were social media is moulding the ideals of many young children.
This is my opinion of this matter and I have written it on my wall. Have a nice day guys.

This is coming from a lady...is there any atom of truth in this?

What's your take guys?
Re: A Lady's Thought On The Ese Oruru Saga by isbish(m): 11:42am On Mar 01, 2016
The Ese issue is such an interesting story, though unfortunate and deserves condemnation. However, I quite agree with you on the negligence of mothers towards their daughters especially for little or more financial gains. The story of Ese and Yunusa isn't still complete. The social media and everyone condemned it well enough, but there is need to know or hear more from the other side i.e. Yunusa's side. There is need for us to know what actually transpired between Yunusa and Ese before she agreed to elope with Yunusa or Yunusa abducted her as most social media report it.

This incidence is very unfortunate but parents need to do a lot more in ensuring their kids aren't exposed to social vices. The world is changing fast especially with these technologies on our mobile phones e.g twitter, whattsapp, 2go, Badoo....etc. these are good platforms for everyday usage and enhances communication, but believe you me, the rate at which young girls and buys get so exposed to vices in these platforms plays a huge role in causing some of the sexual and behavioural challenges we are facing today.

Nigerian security forces need to do better, I and you need to do better too but I still insist, there is more to this story than meets the eye. Yunusa and Ese are the only ones that can explain better, however, the whole story is just too skewed now for anyone to think otherwise.

in conclusion, the girl is a Minor, for that singular reason, Yunusa has erred and deserves to be punished. The Parents need to get a good talking to too, they have don as bad too.

(1) (Reply)

Read And Share...you Might Be Helping Someone.. / Am I Being Insensitive? / Kind Hearted Bus Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.