Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? (63734 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? / FathersDay: Woman Buys Rolls-Royce For Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Realhommie(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
If the supposed guest is ur friend whom ur wife is even familiar with, you inform her to seek her opinion, it's just for 2-3 dayz, what's the fuss about then?

Invariably ur wife ain't hospitable, thats not nice if you ask me. If i were you I'd be concerned honestly.

But for peace to reign ur friend shld look for an alternative. Still you need to educate your wife on the need to be hospitable.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Kazrem(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:
We all know a wife can't just bring a family, not even a friend, to stay over for few days without consulting the husband first.... Now base on the society we are, as an African, wives are generally submissive to their husbands. So is it appropriate for an husband to bring a friend from another city (or friends from anywhere) who called that he's coming to stay two days in their house to execute a project in their city without first seeking approval from the wife? And if he seeks her approval and the wife says no or not this time, what should he do?
Let we married men say to it.
You politely inform her but not for seeking permission but as a notice. Something like this, "Baby my friend agarawu23 is coming to town for his clearance and will be staying with us for 3days. I will like uyou to upkeep yourself and do other necessary things for him to have a good stay.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by dampola(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
cruzita:
Well a good husband will seek his wife's opinion after all they are partners not maid and boss

Exactly, seek for her opinion and not for an approval
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
MadCow1:

Na Mad I dey Mad, I no dey crase.. grin grin grin
Ooh,yer a angry cow.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Eyepencil: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
The home belongs to both of them and they should make decisions and agree on it together.I am not married but I do not think that if I dont approve of my husband bringin in his friend to my home, he should go ahead and do it. if your wife is rational, trust me, she must have very gud reasons. Your frend would not die in d city, afterall, there are cheap hotels everywhere, u cud take from her upkeep money and lodge him wtout her knowing but please dont bring him home. She wont jst be uncomfortable, she wud also make d home uncomfortable for your guest. When a man listens to a woman, his home is peaceful.

I like you!
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by sisisioge: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Its not her approval per say, its giving her heads up...

"Hon, Dangote says he wonder if he could come perch with us for 2day, I told him no probs. What do u think?"

She no fit say no nau, who wants isolenu?
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by mamaafrik(m): 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:
The African type marriage is just scary... sheesh...

Note that I really didn't want to quote you...

Anyhoo... you do know you're still sleeping on a pole right

It's funny how you guys carry the submission thing on your head but when someone implies that submitting to a man is master-slave you guys start looking for ways to soften it up. The man can bring in who the hell ever to stay with them but the wife must get his approval when she will be the one to basically take care of the guest? She has no say and can't object to whatever "final decision" the said husband makes? And the marriage is a union and not slavery?

Oh well... good luck to ya wife sha.

And try and wake up from that pole before you'll be forming head and end up beheading the family...
hmmm,sorry but dis is Africa not the yankee(THE LAND OF FEMINISM) ,u dont try opposite with ur husby,do u??
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by misreal(m): 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
viktor01:

True talk boss
tnx
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Irore: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
You are a man of wisdom

Our customs and norms have placed women beneath men

The Bible, the Word of God that created women said men should treat them with affection for they are the weaker sex. It is not our custom and norms that placed them beneath men. It is God's arrangement. Let somebody shout alleluyah.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by dondokunseun(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
if decision can be taking alone without ur wife, den why married? i think d best is to seek ur wife permission bfr doing such because she is d one to tell u d present situation at home mayb u r capable or not. When two comes togeda, they bcom one. That is family.if decision can be taking alone without ur wife, den why married? i think d best is to seek ur wife permission bfr doing such because she is d one to tell u d present situation at home mayb u r capable or not. When two comes togeda, they bcom one. That is family.if decision can be taking alone without ur wife, den why married? i think d best is to seek ur wife permission bfr doing such because she is d one to tell u d present situation at home mayb u r capable or not. When two comes togeda, they bcom one. That is family.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Omonigeriarere: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:
We all know a wife can't just bring a family, not even a friend, to stay over for few days without consulting the husband first.... Now base on the society we are, as an African, wives are generally submissive to their husbands. So is it appropriate for an husband to bring a friend from another city (or friends from anywhere) who called that he's coming to stay two days in their house to execute a project in their city without first seeking approval from the wife? And if he seeks her approval and the wife says no or not this time, what should he do?

If you are the husband, tell her don't seek approval: but if you are 'the wife', you need her approval oooo tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Krismart(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:

AKUKO...
My dear, he is right. Fighting ur husband for equality will put ur family in jeopardy. This is d mistake many ladies make after getting a wrong impression of gender equality. U are a woman and there are many ways u can make ur husband or ur man obey u(no be juju o), lol
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by sheyinoni(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
misreal:
if you are implying that a woman is equal to a man in marriage then you are mistaken.submission is not slavery my dear,it is the best way to control your man if you play your cards well..the final decision should be left with the man but a woman can SUBMISSIVELY bend a man at will...
Ogbeni u get brain,you've spoken with wisdom
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by cao(f): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
As usual...**sighs** myopic folks will be myopic folks. Everybody don turn bible quoter, na now they go remember bible well well... **laughs** keep deceiving yourselves, it's your prerogative.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by misreal(m): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
sheyinoni:
Ogbeni u get brain,you've spoken with wisdom
tnx my man.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by tietie85(m): 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
If u are expecting a visitor no matter the person,u must first discuss it with ur wife,as a good wife she must not say no,though she might not like it but she doesn't have a choice than to accept
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by omolola15(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
misreal:
if you are implying that a woman is equal to a man in marriage then you are mistaken.submission is not slavery my dear,it is the best way to control your man if you play your cards well..the final decision should be left with the man but a woman can SUBMISSIVELY bend a man at will...

You know some people would have flip with the way she quoted you. But i love your maturity and your response. Being the head of the family does not mean your wife is a slave.

But some ladies have a very very big problem with the word SUBMISSION

Anyway that's non of my business.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by ghostwritter(m): 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:

It's funny how you guys carry the submission thing on your head but when someone implies that submitting to a man is master-slave you guys start looking for ways to soften it up. The man can bring in who the hell ever to stay with them but the wife must get his approval when she will be the one to basically take care of the guest? She has no say and can't object to whatever "final decision" the said husband makes? And the marriage is a union and not slavery?

And try and wake up from that pole before you'll be forming head and end up beheading the family...
sorry I quote u.
It is d likes of u that love to be 'on top' while having sekxx with ur husbands because u don't believe and accord him d respect he deserves. I pity dat ur poor husband if u have one sef.
Submission is not slavery, it is what ought to.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by linusbnn(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
The home belongs to both of them and they should make decisions and agree on it together.I am not married but I do not think that if I dont approve of my husband bringin in his friend to my home, he should go ahead and do it. if your wife is rational, trust me, she must have very gud reasons. Your frend would not die in d city, afterall, there are cheap hotels everywhere, u cud take from her upkeep money and lodge him wtout her knowing but please dont bring him home. She wont jst be uncomfortable, she wud also make d home uncomfortable for your guest. When a man listens to a woman, his home is peaceful.

My wife has no right to tell me not to bring my friend home, she can only point out reasons why he should not be in the house which may influence my decision. I'm the head and my decision stands.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by misreal(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
omolola15:

You know some people would have flip with the way she quoted you. But i love your maturity and your response. Being the head of the family does not mean your wife is a slave.

But some ladies have a very very big problem with the word SUBMISSION

Anyway that's non of my business.
tnx
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by tonero4urch(m): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
In my own view, if my wife can't give me a logical reason as to why my friend can't put up with me for few days then is as good as not informing her because i will go ahead with my decision to bring my friend to stay in my house. I will review her reasons and see if it's void of selfishness before i say 'Yes' or 'No' to my friend.

To digress a little, my nursing-mother sister wanted to stay with me for sometime because she has accommodation problem (only her and her baby are to stay with me). On telling my girlfriend ( who i don't live with) , she objected to it. So, are you advising me to be serious with her? A lady i haven't even married and she won't have my sister in need to stay in my house . As i write now, my sister is right in my house till they solve their accommodation problem in a month time.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Seventeen(f): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
These kind of threads always intrests me. I shake my head and smile when i read certain comments cos i know dat most of the nairaland guyz who form hard men with their comments, are d very ones women control. Well nothing wrong in dat sha, we all can play make believe on nairaland, its allowed, but those who are actually married know its no longer as simple as ABC like in our forefathers dayz. In a good marriage where there is love and respect on both sides a man would respect his wife's opinion and wishes and vice versa. Only in a marriage that already has k-leg will a man b willing to quarell with his beloved wife over a friend comin into town for just two days. I have had to deny my sister from coming for hols one certain time my hubby wasnt in a gd mood and dint approve of her coming. I culd hv insisted and had a huge fight that wouldn't hv bn worth it, plus my sis wouldn't hv enjoyed her stay. My husband at certain points in our marriage has also had to gv up certain ideas and requests i dint approve of. Couples should just learn to love and respect each other thats all. More so, saying 'NO' by either party could also b a saving grace, not all 'NO' is said to be sturborn or to control. Some 'NO's have actually saved many families from trouble. Thats not to say that there should be no compromises either.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by twosquare(m): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
I hardly see people who are married these days; I only see selfish people.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by linusbnn(m): 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:

So sorry if you have a man like me as husband. That your father's house that you love so much, I will send you back there. I display my authority in relationships so if you dnt like it,you quit. I respect women and they must obey me whether good or bad.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by gabicon: 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
I hear a lot of submission here she ought to submit, but that's just a side of the coin, the other side says love your wife, if I love my wife will I bring someone into our home without her consent? Marriage is a partnership, how effective will a body be if the left side works against the right? So also must spouses work together.

Let's look at it this way wives submit to the love of your husband and husband's show love to the submission of your wife

I make decisions as head in the home that my wife builds. And by the way to love is a lot more difficult than to submit

7 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pinkpebbles(f): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
grin
Eyepencil:

I like you!
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pinkpebbles(f): 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Oga, Keep displayin ur authority. You have not met ur match yet.
linusbnn:

So sorry if you have a man like me as husband. That your father's house that you love so much, I will send you back there. I display my authority in relationships so if you dnt like it,you quit. I respect women and they must obey me whether good or bad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by marlockj: 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:

But what if she says no?

You are Jst informing not permission... as u are the head..u married ha not d other way round...

If she Kip to no..you Hv to talk ha over..or take ha to Dat place she loves mst of get ha Wat she likes...

Generally a man's decision is final Bt u need ha as per who will cook n clean...
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
chigoizie7:
A respectful and sub missive woman, will always control his man, any day, anytime. Just learn how to play your cards well.

But, they will not listen, they all think it is always by doing things by force.
Gozie I dey always gbadu ur comment,proudly Anambra!

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Seventeen(f): 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
abdoolorunwa:

THEN SHE MUST HAVE A VERY GENUINE REASON.
Very true.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by lenmafon: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
misreal:
The husband is the head and the wife should submit.there can be no two heads in a family.he should always inform her and listen to her own opinion,but the final decision should be left with him.
u seem to be the bossy kind of man who feels a woman's opinion does not matter. hmmmm the man is de head but pls which part of the body controls the head?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by AfroKnight: 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
There are many foolish young ladies in this country. I must marry one of the wise ones. These girls that respect their bosses more than their parents... Please tell me, how can they respect their husbands?

O Lord where are the good wives? Should we import them? Cos , now me I cannot buy Naija to grow wahala in my house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Making Love & Raising A Family / My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry / He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.