Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,975 members, 7,952,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? (64339 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? / FathersDay: Woman Buys Rolls-Royce For Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by misreal(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
lenmafon:

u seem to be the bossy kind of man who feels a woman's opinion does not matter. hmmmm the man is de head but pls which part of the body controls the head?
have you ever seen a man who survives without his head?no one can my friend.but i have seen many live without any other part of their body.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by lenmafon: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
Seventeen:
These kind of threads always intrests me. I shake my head and smile when i read certain comments cos i know dat most of the nairaland guyz who form hard men with their comments, are d very ones women control. Well nothing wrong in dat sha, we all can play make believe on nairaland, its allowed, but those who are actually married know its no longer as simple as ABC like in our forefathers dayz. In a good marriage where there is love and respect on both sides a man would respect his wife's opinion and wishes and vice versa. Only in a marriage that already has k-leg will a man b willing to quarell with his beloved wife over a friend comin into town for just two days. I have had to deny my sister from coming for hols one certain time my hubby wasnt in a gd mood and dint approve of her coming. I culd hv insisted and had a huge fight that wouldn't hv bn worth it, plus my sis wouldn't hv enjoyed her stay. My husband at certain points in our marriage has also had to gv up certain ideas and requests i dint approve of. Couples should just learn to love and respect each other thats all. More so, saying 'NO' by either party could also b a saving grace, not all 'NO' is said to be sturborn or to control. Some 'NO's have actually saved many families from trouble. Thats not to say that there should be no compromises either.
. respect ma'am and i love ur reply

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by sarutobie(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
tietie85:
If u are expecting a visitor no matter the person,u must first discuss it with ur wife,as a good wife she must not say no,though she might not like it but she doesn't have a choice than to accept
My thoughts exactly.. A responsible husband will tell his wife..a good wife will not say no...
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
Your friend should get an hotel room. At least he came for a project so he should have money for hotel.

One should respect his wife oooo, she is the commander in chief of the house.

igivefuck4free:

And if she refused?

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by lenmafon: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
misreal:
have you ever seen a man who survives without his head?no one can my friend.but i have seen many live without any other part of their body.
. ...
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Achilles2(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
I will inform my wife about the visit in a way that she will think that am asking for her permission..
she will only know she really have no say in that matter is IF she try to say no.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Eyepencil: 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
grin
grin I'm serious abt that, I want to know you better.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by misreal(m): 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
lenmafon:
. so ur head can live withov its neck?
its funny how u misunderstand things.lol
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by tenderlaw(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Remind me to comment on this topic as soon as bride price and wedding list are abolished. For now, this is total trash.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by engrshakespeare: 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:
The African type marriage is just scary... sheesh...

Note that I really didn't want to quote you...

Anyhoo... you do know you're still sleeping on a pole right

It's funny how you guys carry the submission thing on your head but when someone implies that submitting to a man is master-slave you guys start looking for ways to soften it up. The man can bring in who the hell ever to stay with them but the wife must get his approval when she will be the one to basically take care of the guest? She has no say and can't object to whatever "final decision" the said husband makes? And the marriage is a union and not slavery?

Oh well... good luck to ya wife sha.

And try and wake up from that pole before you'll be forming head and end up beheading the family...

Obviously you ain't married, am assuming you want to be someday. Marriage will open your eyes. If you want to form equality, it shouldn't last.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by solid3(m): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:
We all know a wife can't just bring a family, not even a friend, to stay over for few days without consulting the husband first.... Now base on the society we are, as an African, wives are generally submissive to their husbands. So is it appropriate for an husband to bring a friend from another city (or friends from anywhere) who called that he's coming to stay two days in their house to execute a project in their city without first seeking approval from the wife? And if he seeks her approval and the wife says no or not this time, what should he do?

Bros, I dont think its appropriate if your dont have a house with BQ. and even at that, if your family is less than 5years, dont bring your friend to come and stay in your house.

I once went to lagos and my friend diplomatically turned down my request to stay in his house. Please avoid problems.

I guess this your friend is coming for business, he will make money, let him spend money to make money.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Uchddaniel(m): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
its crazy when u don't inform ur partner in inviting someone to ur matrimonial home. That guy is sick and does not respect his home.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pinkpebbles(f): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
grin, oya am serios too. Wah u wana know?
Eyepencil:

grin I'm serious abt that, I want to know you better.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by maleeks(m): 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kondomatic:
I hate what I am about to type but I kinda agree with the person you quoted and technically speaking, wives in down here are being bought which places them well below their husbands.

To begin with, a man owns the house, I mean the building they live in, most girls cannot marry a guy who doesn't own a house. The man most times pays the rent if they're staying in a rented apartment which makes it his house not their house so he can bring in whoever he wants to so far the person is not a crook.

Finally, consider what the men pass through, when you see a woman you want to marry, her family will tax you mightily and when you pay everything they asked for and pay a certain amount of bride price, they will hand the girl over to you.(isn't that business?) keep love aside please, this is pure business arrangement, you pay for their daughter before she becomes you wife.

So she was bought and cannot be equal with you.

A lot of things need to change for our women to enjoy certain privileges in their marriage.

There's this outdated mentality of some ladies that "her money is her money but her husbands money is their money" meaning that the pays almost all the bills and yet they clamour for equal rights.

It smells like nonsense.
this is just the fact
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by kolaosita4(m): 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
U don't really nid her approval, u only let her knw
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by NemzySeries(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:

That's the point, can the wife also just inform the husband and not seeking his permission?
aw wud a woman jst inform her man dat a fwend is coming by wen d man is shouldering d whole family wit d woman inclusive.........all ova d world man na man u & I kw it
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:
The African type marriage is just scary... sheesh...

Note that I really didn't want to quote you...

Anyhoo... you do know you're still sleeping on a pole right

It's funny how you guys carry the submission thing on your head but when someone implies that submitting to a man is master-slave you guys start looking for ways to soften it up. The man can bring in who the hell ever to stay with them but the wife must get his approval when she will be the one to basically take care of the guest? She has no say and can't object to whatever "final decision" the said husband makes? And the marriage is a union and not slavery?

Oh well... good luck to ya wife sha.

And try and wake up from that pole before you'll be forming head and end up beheading the family...

My dear I tire ooo. The comments I read these days from some men is baffling.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by RealCJ: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
It depends on who you want to bring, if is a male friend then u need approval from your wife, u just have to let her know so that she can prepare her mind concerning the quantity of food to cook. But if is a female friend,,, then u really need her approval for the sake of peace in your home and to equally convince her that u have no skeleton on your cupboard.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Eyepencil: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
grin, oya am serios too. Wah u wana know?

Lols...grin Lets make it private please!
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by scalabanty: 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
[/quote]

it's normal for the husband to seek his wife approval on that, since they are no longer two but one
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pinkpebbles(f): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ok smiley
Eyepencil:

Lols...grin Lets make it private please! Can i send you a PM?
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by NemzySeries(m): 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
Estharfabian:
Why bother?? undecided
You'd Only be stressing Your ever So precious self.

The "Husband" Is the master. The Almighty, The king. his majesty!
The "Wife"on The other hand is Nothing but A low-life being, who's leading the life of A Robot. Her sole purpose in life is to Serve her husband(Lord n Almighty) And do whatever he tells her to.
Hence, Subjugating the wife To Eternal slavery Masking in the name of "Marriage"

LoL! grin issoryt!

The way things are going. I won't get married till I'm 60! grin
#Long Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
if datz d case lemme b d 1st person to wish u happy 60th birthday in advance.....shiloh wud sure still b available to intervene
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Eyepencil: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Ok smiley
You have got a mail smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by NemzySeries(m): 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
halfricanadian:
I hope when the wife wants to bring sumone home u dont object
bring sum1?.....una go settle 4 village meeting
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:
We all know a wife can't just bring a family, not even a friend, to stay over for few days without consulting the husband first.... Now base on the society we are, as an African, wives are generally submissive to their husbands. So is it appropriate for an husband to bring a friend from another city (or friends from anywhere) who called that he's coming to stay two days in their house to execute a project in their city without first seeking approval from the wife? And if he seeks her approval and the wife says no or not this time, what should he do?

He must seek the wife's and even the kids' approval, the answer is rarely in the negative tho, yet everyone deserves to be respected.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by linusbnn(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Oga, Keep displayin ur authority. You have not met ur match yet.

My match is a loyal and submissive lady and I have it already
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Amhappy(f): 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
If you have already taken your decision then there is no need seeking her approval, just inform her. However,remember that some friends come over for 2days and end up staying for 2years. Some friends are also randy and if you have a wife or daughters who couldn't keep it down you may be getting more than you bargained for chikena. It is always important in marriage to be in agreement.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by NemzySeries(m): 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
all dis babes making noise ova dis issues as if any sumtin against deir wish d'll jst park outta d hauz......but lemme ask, do u guys fink divorce or single parenting is as easy as jumping frm 1 sugar daddy to anoda?....derz a whole lot more to marriage abeg......dis is not d issue of gender inequality or gender discrimination rada itz all abt allowing a man carry is manly duties n responsibilities bkos all ova d world even in bible days MAN na MAN
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pinkpebbles(f): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Good for you. Enjoy it while it last grin
linusbnn:

My match is a loyal and submissive lady and I have it already
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:

Ehm... my name is a native igbo name, not a Christian one but I am Christian.

That said, I don't see what your problem is with my post, if I want to be more white than whites, I really don't see how it affects you or does it? Please, try and ride your car in your own lane iyeh? wink

Bia nwatakiri a shattap dia.angry
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Afroconnect: 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
It's good to inform her,so she prepares space and plan to take care of the visitor when they arrive. Not permission,but information to service them well.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by emecheboy2(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
there is big difference between telling her and seeking her permission. for example my wife can me that her brother is coming to visit in a week time and I can seek permission for an old friend to stay in my house. it is normal and ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Making Love & Raising A Family / He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take? / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.