Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint (15041 Views)

Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW / Power Supply Drops By 1,647MW / Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by LordAdam: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
Firstly, if the coal plants being in the SE is the problem of the policy makers as you allege, then it could have been built in Benue or Kogi. Secondly, if it being in the SE is the case as you allege, then all the gas powered IPP's built in the SE wouldn't have been executed. We need to really wake up and expunge this paranoid mentality from our heads if we must make any reasonable progress. The reason why no coal plant has been built in the SE is the same reason why the Mambilla hydro dam, Ajaokuta & Delta steel plants and many other worthwhile projects have not been executed; it is the general Nigerian problem of corruption and visionless/focusless leadership, and not a SE marginalisation issue like most of us have been brought up to believe.

Regarding the planned coal plant in Enugu, I think that is wholly an idea of Barth Nnaji's Geometric Power Ltd. I have no idea of the progress of that project nor whether it was ever started.

Oga, Mambilla Hydro Dam, Ajaokuta & Delta Steel plants are a different kettle of fish. They are projects that have been executed, albeit woefully, and had mostly government involvement. The coal plants are different. They have not been executed, neither are they mostly governement involvement (most of it is in private hands).

That is why all of the coal plants envisioned to date will be based in the South East.

Think of it this way, if Dangote refinery was to be built by the government, or if the government was to have majority stake, it would have been situated in the Niger Delta or in the North or even if it is the west, it will be in Ondo that produces oil. But because it is majorly driven by private interest, it is located in Lagos. This is the marginalization and politicoethnic sensationalism we are talking about in Nigeria. You are old enough to know this.

Now, we all know how the private refinery issue was dragged on for years since OBJ till we started making giant strides under GEJ and thanks to the focused input from energetic private investors like Dangote. That is the same thing with the coal issue.

I refuse to believe that coal electricity has been used around the world as far back as the 19th century, yet from 1960 until 2014, we had made no visible steps to use it in Nigeria despite having one of the largest coal deposits in Africa. It is too convenient to say that is just because of visionless leadership, when the visionless leaders were already talking about nuclear plants that had only been introduced in relatively recent time. It is marginalization straight up. OBJ invested $15b in power and forgot coal plants. All the military governors and stupid civilian administrators in between started white elephant projects and did not start one white elephant coal electricity plant project in the SE.

Aside Geometric Project, One Nation Energy Platform has also indicated interested in setting up a coal electricity production plant. Since they are majorly private-backed investments, when they will start laying blocks is still uncertain.

About IPPs in the SE. IPPs is allowed in all regions, so it would be very nerving if SE is barred from setting up IPP when other regions are allowed to do so.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by LordAdam: 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Reference:

You are partisan, sentimental and very, very wrong. Who is a patriot please. A person who seeks the good of his country, irrespective of his personal values. You don't want a revolution because you don't want to bear the brunt, so you want the pre-existing system, the status quo maintained which you know is fatally flawed?

So in a nutshell you are satisfied to live a life without electricity and you will age and go to the grave with that satisfaction that that is the best your country could give you?
\

Oga, stop all this grammar. If you want and believe in a revolution, start it. Do not antagonize a person that does not see the viability of revolution.

Not everybody acts like an impulsive animal. Some of us only take calculated risks.

Look at the Biafran agitation. Kanu is in prison, MASSOB and IPOB are under different leadership. Ohaeneze Ndigbo are frolicking like aimless dimwits. Politicians are being saboteurs. The SE people are on different sides not having a common ground.

That is just one ethnic group. Now you are talking of... Make I no jor waste my time. If you don't get the point, start your revolution. Very simle, I and am sure the lots of us who do not see the sensibility in it will not stand in your way.

-Lord
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by 9japrof(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
Stalwert:

Change being sabotage by criminals who do not want any progress for the country, but Buhari will lock their evil faces in jail. They privitaise NEPA just to make money for themselves, we are yet to see any measurable impact from this disco of darkness

can you for once reason with the brains your creator gave you instead of your anus.
if the discussion here is about your intellect, please f**k off. No body is here cooking up sentiments.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by ocelot2006(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
GEJ met a power sector generating power at a paltry 1200+MW. He came up with a solid plan, brought in the best brains, implemented same plan and reformed the sector entirely (new power stations brought online, repair of existing stations, upgrade and expansion of transmission grid, outsourcing of TCN, partial decentralization of grid, privatization of PHCN/NEPA, new distribution stations across the country, massive distribution of step down transformers, etc). Thanks to him, generated power rose to 5,000MW.

PMB comes in and tries to claim GEJ's feat, zombies and w@anking m@stubators basing the useless claim on his "body odour". Generated power has now dropped to about 2,000MW....guess Bubu needs a deodorant.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Mrfahaz(m): 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
Fellywood:

You are on a long thing bro. Even your people said you misunderstood their "change". You are on a long thing waiting for the promised change.
sorry I don't sell cheese balls
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Reference:

So we now admit that the sum total of our problems is structural....not electoral, not party political, not presidential....but this country is simply assembled dysfunctional.
You are right. But i don't see any one with the balls to do what has to be done.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by russello: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
jcmaiah:
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low tariff0
Without Corruption I have 7hrs
electricity with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100
with corruption smallest indomie was N30
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N50
with Corruption bag of rice N8,500
without Corruption N14,000
The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a stand……
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbackourcorruption .
# BuharibringbackNigeria .
# Bringbacknaira.
If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country…
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then now it’s 2.
In years to come, you’ll open Sardine and see “Try Again” No fish at this Time…….

tongue
in other words...

"I would rather be a well-fed slave than a free man dying of hunger" - Gregory (from the book Marquise De Brinvilliers by Alexandre Dumas)

"I'll rather i'm well-fed in a corruption-filled country than to be dying of starvation in a corruption-free country" - Hungry Nigerian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGXdmxut1lE

LUCKY DUBE - WELL FED SLAVE HUNGRY FREE MAN:

Look in the eyes of the
Homeless man
Tell me what you see
In the eyes of a jobless man
Tell me what you see
What about the eyes
Of a prisoner
What do you see
Now you' ve seen it all
It is time to make up your mind
Don' t try to hide it
'Cause I can see it all
In your face yeah
It the same questions
That I ask myself every time
To be or not to be

Chorus: (x3)
Do you wanna be
A well fed slave or a hungry free man

What is the point in being free
When you can' t get no job
When you can' t get food
What is the point in going out to work
When others can get for free
When you don' t have no home
Now you' ve heard it all
It is time to make up
Your own mind
To be or not to be
Oh ho ho ho

Chorus:
Do you wanna be
A well fed slave or a hungry free man
till fade

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by ocelot2006(m): 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
IzonOwei:
nigeria is being run on the same template of failure and still expecting different results..what stops each zone in the nation from autonomously generating power form its energy sources present in the zones

what is stopping us from adopting true federalism and regionalism so that we can grow....

In 2013/2014 the Presidency via NERC authorized states with IPPs to generate and distribute LOCALLY. That in a way decentralized the main transmission grid.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by 9japrof(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
Reference:

You are partisan, sentimental and very, very wrong. Who is a patriot please. A person who seeks the good of his country, irrespective of his personal values. You don't want a revolution because you don't want to bear the brunt, so you want the pre-existing system, the status quo maintained which you know is fatally flawed?

So in a nutshell you are satisfied to live a life without electricity and you will age and go to the grave with that satisfaction that that is the best your country could give you?

Bros next time before you quote me get your reading and comprehension skills on. oya reread ma post, did you see where I say I dislike APC, to correct my eailier statement, I Hate APC cos of its propaganda. but where you blinded by hate when you refuse to acknowledge where I said that as much as I hate the party I can never wish them to fail cos if they fail, I would also suffer from their failure, the rest of Nigeria would also.

I want to assume you call me partisan for refusing the idea of revolution, ask me how many countries in recent time have actually benefited from revolution. the Arab spring revolution talked about has only made matters worse for themselves. E.G Libya is a shadow of itself, a country that was boasted of having the best standard of living in Africa is now a den of terrorists. Do you know that Libya is now ruled by Parallel governments. I know you don't know.

Egypt as much as is more stable than Libya is a shadow of itself, a good percentage of Egypt's revenue came from tourism, Buh since the revolution its has been very bad for them because a once peaceful country is now been over ran by suicide bombers and the rest of it.

That explained do you know that revolution is civil disobedience, disobedience against constituted authority ? do you know as a patriot you should conduct yourself peacefully under any legal constituted authority and not be disobedient ? Do you know the security implications of starting a revolution in Nigeria now with the current security condition in the North East ? you are simply inviting ISIS to over run sub Saharan Africa. Did a mofo like yourself ask yourself what brought the birth of ISIS in syria. Is it not your same revolution ? Syria is not up to 30 million and Europe is suffering from refugee crisis and the pockets of violence suffered by France is traced to the refugees that these terrorists use. Have you asked yourself how Africa and sub Saharan and the rest of Europe would fare if Nigeria is destabilized.

Bleep off young man you don't know nothing, quote me and I will tell you something . Lol
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by greenify: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Am surprised many people here still believe in govt excuse. Nothing like vandalism me I can't believe that. Why do they always give us this same excuse? I believe they don't know what they are doing again because the issue is beyond their power.
The most annoying part is the bastard Fashola who increased the power tariff. He is forcing us to pay for what they do not supply. God will punish him and his group.
If he knows he can't do it let him leave honourably.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
Truckpusher:
The national grid policy is still an avenue for the parasitic regions of this country to exercise their continuous leeching on other regions that have done their bits in making improvements in the power sector.This is one reason why they have vehemently refused to adhere to any debate that will bring into fruition the real ideal ideology which is true federalism yet in one breath they still insult these regions that have made their existence a dream come true while beating their empty chest all for nothing. I simply refer to them as "big for nothing tribes" .
my brother I tire ooo...how you dey naa
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by 9japrof(m): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
kITATITA:

When people like you are blowing up gas pipelines, you think Buhari will queue at the filling station with plastic container to buy petrol.

Idiot shut the Bleep up, where the hell did you come out from, do you know who he is and what he does for a living, cos he critizised your demi god, now you refer him as a militant who blow up pipelines.

Now MOFO what is the job of the government if it not to protect life and properties, so if your government is failing in that regard, whose fault is it ?

Think with your brain and not your anus

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Truckpusher(m): 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
IzonOwei:
my brother I tire ooo...how you dey naa
Na so nau , I dey fine o . cheesy
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by 9japrof(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
IzonOwei:
the president should employ core niger deltans to protect the pipelines with strict measures...the government cant protect the lines we have with out consent from key stakeholders...this administration is just been foolish...its either they espouse true federalism so that those with gas can generate their electricity and stop vandalism issues internally or indigenes are fully involved in pipeline protection...the mumuness of this administration is just alarming..

I try as much as possible to respect your opinion Buh honestly that's not the best way to go
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
9japrof:

Bros quote me anywhere, a revolution can never work in our society. our society is so polarised and defragmented that unity of purpose is a problem. we tend to channel our frustration towards the wrong channels.

I agree with you except on the issue of revolution
You are right. So what is the way forward?
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
9japrof:

I try as much as possible to respect your opinion Buh honestly that's not the best way to go
what way is best to go please tell me...we have been building on this same crazy template forever and no change..isn't it obvious that we cant generate power optimally with this national grid gibberish...this same wahala is what the last admin faced and now the present too...cant we try something different which is better
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by serikiYCU(m): 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
hypocrisy is wen u xpect APC to fix in 10 months what PDP can't fix in 16yrs.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
Truckpusher:
Na so nau , I dey fine o . cheesy
youjust go hide since...hope all is well.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Abagworo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
serikiYCU:
hypocrisy is wen u xpect APC to fix in 10 months what PDP can't fix in 16yrs.

I'm patient enough to say 8 years but in 4 years the direction should be clear. Right now I'm impressed with anti-corruption but will be totally satisfied when the indicted men return all our money or executed by hanging.

I am aware that PDP members are working tirelessly to make sure Buhari fails but he needs to be aggressive on them like a General. He should show no mercy to any PDP member involved in economic sabotage.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by 989900: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Vandals could be anybody, from alternative power dealers to the power companies themselves so they can increase tariff . . . just saying . . .
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by mindurword(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
APC how market buhari how Nigeria?
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by winterfell007(m): 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Adminisher:

You actually think the world will allow you to do embedded power? No way. Go and read Kyoto and the latest targets. Ten 50MW stations pollute five times more than one 500MW station. If you say you will solve the problem by adding flue gas treatment, the cost of each power plant will double. Embedded power still requires connection to the grid so it is "NEPA substation" kind of thing everywhere.
Osinbajo has brought a better solution . Solar energy at 5MW per apartment and you pay small, small over many years. After each battery bank replacement your bill goes up slightly then comes down again

embedded generation ensures that you get the power within the shortest possible time at an agreed price. majority of our big industries run such facilities that's what kept them competitive all these years.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by erico2k2(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
Stalwert:

Change being sabotage by criminals who do not want any progress for the country, but Buhari will lock their evil faces in jail. They privitaise NEPA just to make money for themselves, we are yet to see any measurable impact from this disco of darkness

when we told him then this was the case waht did the likes of you say? we were wailers abi??
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by erico2k2(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
huntax:

Must people always compare present and past governments whenever issues arise? It's becoming childish to be frank. Even the purest led government encounters challenges. Jonathan wasn't improving and we opted for a change in government. If this one doesn't improve, we will do the same. Stop making it seem as if Jonathan would have done better. If the vandals were killed like fowls, you'd all come here and accuse Buhari of being a military man.
In life there must be comparison to make a difference, the only govt we can compare PMB is is that of GEG,good or bad so deal with it.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
kYjelly2:

The solution is a healthy mix of all with COAL taking the largest chunk, but we are in a zoo, remember

Lol
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by russello: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
Abagworo:

I'm patient enough to say 8 years but in 4 years the direction should be clear. Right now I'm impressed with anti-corruption but will be totally satisfied when the indicted men return all our money or executed by hanging.

I am aware that PDP members are working tirelessly to make sure Buhari fails but he needs to be aggressive on them like a General. He should show no mercy to any [size=16pt]PDP member[/size] involved in economic sabotage.

And what should he do to any APC member involved in economic sabotage?
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint by shirgles(m): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
We will get thr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Ayade Giving Nigerian Dancers Take Home Assignment (Video) / 20 Killed In Katsina As Bandits Open Fire On Maulud Celebrants / Hundreds Suspected Boko-Haram Detainees Killed In Military Camps-amnesty Int'l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.