Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey (14075 Views)

My Second Visit To Hell: Famous People I Saw In Hell / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2012
These saw Heaven . . .

Carrie Carmen (Young married woman)

"Beautiful, beautiful Angels - they are so beautiful - they sing the sweetest of anything I have ever heard. I see the Holy City - I can't tell you how splendid it is. I see Christ - He is so much more beautiful than all the rest. So many people I know uncle George and a lot more. They are calling me, they are beckoning to me"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
Dwight L. Moody (Famous Christian Evangelist, died 1899)

"Earth recedes, Heaven opens before me. No, this is no dream. It is beautiful. If this is death, it is sweet . . . God is calling me and I must go"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 27, 2012
@sweetneccta, do you know what last words mean? Most times they're uttered out of the subconscious. For saddam,being defiant wasnt the last words, he never had time to utter them, read about saddam before u affirm it.
I think you need to grow up, someone is talking about people's last words, made a joke of some nairalanders, attributing praise to his God, then you show up to accuse jesus-aint that childish? What if I talked about the man who married a kid(was it 7 or 8 years old?), lost a tooth in a war, married who he had 'served', who he helped in making money(how many wives did he marry altogether?)...I'm sure ur venoms will now be poured on me afterwards.

one poster was happy Michael Jackson died in his religion (no known proof though), mohammed Alli, snoop dogg and co, maybe they're really worthy ambassadors of that religion.

Religion isn't the key, its usually boredom, problems or the way you were raised, the key lies in the way you live your life-fear God!
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2012
Ann Knight (died 1806)

"This has been a blessed night to me. I have seen Heaven and they are all happy, so happy there. The Almighty has been so near to me"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2012
Lillian Lee (10 year old girl)

"Oh Papa, what a sweet sight. The golden gates are open - Yes, yes, I come!"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2012
Senor Menezes (Gospel Minister)

"My dear, I have preached many times on Heaven but I never dreamed of a Heaven as beautiful as the one I now behold"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2012
Helen Carpenter (died at 20 years in New York)

"'Two angels came into the room'. Just before she passed over she gave a start as though she saw something glorious beyond conception. A look of inexpressionable delight remained on her countenance"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Aug 02, 2012
Jennie Booth

"'Death has lost its sting. I am almost there'. She had a vision of the unseen world. Her face became radiant. 'It's alright there', and waved her hand in a token of victory"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2012
M. Homel (died 1683)

"I see Heaven opened and Jesus with His outstretched arms"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2012
John Wilmot (2nd Earl of Rochester, died 1680)

"I shall die now but oh, what unspeakable glories do I see. What joys beyond thought or expression am I sensible of"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2012
John Hunt (English missionary to Fiji)

"'If this be dying, praise the Lord' His eyes looked upwards with a bright joy that defied death and with the cry of triumph he called out 'Hallelujah'!"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2012
Thomas Edison (World famous scientist)

"It is very beautiful over there"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
Augustus Toplady (Hymn writer, died London 1778)

"Oh, what delights! Who can fathom the joys of the third Heaven! All is light, light, light!"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
Eleanor Herrick (USA, died 1964)

"Oh Arline . . . I'm halfway between two worlds. Ma and Pa are here and I can see them but I can't see you any more"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2012
May Wilcox (died at 21 years at illinois)

"She threw up her arms and exclaimed, 'Oh, do you hear the music'!"
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sarah McCullough (Ireland, died 1999 aged 89)

"I'm heaven born and heaven bound! HEA-VEN! Suddenly and dramatically, she put her two hands out as if preparing for a child to run into her arms. No doubt, a vision of the next world revealed her two children waiting for her at Heaven's door (they had preceded her in infancy)".
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08am On Aug 18, 2012
Clement Brown (residence unknown)

"I see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 angels waiting their commission. I see them as plainly as I see you, Hester. They are splendidly robed in white. They beckon me and Jesus bids me come".
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Avicenna: 4:52am On Aug 18, 2012
It seems all your famous people are europeans or americans. I want to see the last words of someone close to home. Someone famous. Can you kindly supply that?
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Sweetnecta: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2012
@Avicenna: You will agree that before the presence of the arabs in northern africa, the folks in the african continent were dark skinned, just like you and I.
so you need someone closer to home for you? How about your black brother Pharaoh ruler of Egypt:

“And We made the children of Israel to pass through the sea, then Firon and his hosts followed them for oppression and tyranny; until when drowning overtook him, he said: I believe that there is no god but He in Whom the children of Israel believe and I am of those who submit now! and indeed you disobeyed before and you were of the mischief-makers. But We will this day deliver you with your body that you may be a sign to those after you, and most surely the majority of the people are heedless to Our communications.“ Quran 10 verses 90/93.
Allah promised the body of firon as sign for later generations. today, the body is one of the most viewed if not the most viewed human body on earth.

i couldnt find what exactly was fela's last word, but i found his thought, his idea and it works since we ate talking about soul of man here with "God".
Fela Anikulapo-Kuti

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, the great Nigerian music star, "died in 1997 of a disease he claimed didn't exist, and certainly not in Africa: AIDS. No matter that Fela's older brother, Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, had served as the country's health minister and launched Nigeria's much-lauded early AIDS program. . . . There was hardly an illness African herbs couldn't cure, Fela maintained, and he dismissed condoms as unnatural, unpleasurable, and a white plot to reduce the black birthrate. He believed, says Olikoye, that "all doctors were fabricating AIDS, including myself." Fela was 58.

(Mark Schoofs, "A Tale of Two Brothers Part 2: Fela Didn't Believe AIDS Existed. But then he died of the disease. His brother is still trying to convince Fela's fans that HIV is real." Village Voice, November 10 - 16, 1999.)

I tried to locate last word of tsi sholarin as well without any success.

My idea is looking at this from Islamic perception.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
Abiodun Kumuyi (Wife of Dr. W.F. Kumuyi, died 2009)

"On the morning of Saturday, April 11, 2009, she woke up as usual and joined the Faith Clinic session from the retreat venue on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. As she listened to her husband leading the congregation in soul-stirring hymns, she joined and sang with a surprisingly strong and clear voice. All her weaknesses seemed to have disappeared. Her face glowed as she sang along:

“There is a new name written down in glory,
And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine!
And the white robed angels sing the story,
“A sinner has come home”.
For there’s a new name written down in glory,
And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine;
With my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven,
Never more to roam.”

Those taking care of her were over-joyed at the sudden transformation. They watched as she sang happily, then, settled down to listen to the Pastor’s Message titled: “The Shield of Faith”, which stressed protection for believers, pulling down strongholds and preservation in the shelter of the Almighty Father. At the end of the message, she became engrossed in the prayers that followed; and as soon as she heard the final "In Jesus Name", she said,

"Amen".

Then, she turned her face, shut her eyes, and passed to glory".

http://www.dclm.org/
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OmoAlata(f): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
Nobody ever repented of being a Christian on their deathbed.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Avicenna: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Abiodun Kumuyi (Wife of Dr. W.F. Kumuyi, died 2009)

"On the morning of Saturday, April 11, 2009, she woke up as usual and joined the Faith Clinic session from the retreat venue on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. As she listened to her husband leading the congregation in soul-stirring hymns, she joined and sang with a surprisingly strong and clear voice. All her weaknesses seemed to have disappeared. Her face glowed as she sang along:

Never more to roam.”

Those taking care of her were over-joyed at the sudden transformation. They watched as she sang happily, then, settled down to listen to the Pastor’s Message titled: “The Shield of Faith”, which stressed protection for believers, pulling down strongholds and preservation in the shelter of the Almighty Father. At the end of the message, she became engrossed in the prayers that followed; and as soon as she heard the final "In Jesus Name", she said,

"Amen".

Amen as last word. She was faithful. Not very colourful like your previous posts but faithful.
Do you one better,
I have heard Allahu Akbar as last words.
Is this valid to you?
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by donnie(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2012
Elder(Dr) T.Oyakhilome (passed on in 2008)
Until his death, he was Dean of Studies at the Loveworld miniterial college. He is respected among the family of Assemblies of God in Nigeria. Known for his wealth of wisdom and vast knowledge in escatology, he is father of the Pastor of Christ Embassy, Chris Oyakhilome.

Reports have it that he was with his wife having devotion when she noticed that he did not respond to the choruses she raised. He just sat down staring and remaining mute.

His wife was troubled and after trying and failing to get him to speak, she sent for one of the relatives who was an elderly man and also a christian. They both tried to get Elder T. to speak but he would not. When his wife gave up and sat back the relative continued until Elder T. finally spoke the words, 'Into your hands i commend my spirit.' 'Dont say that' the relative insisted. . . 'say I shall not die but live to declare the works of the Lord' and each time he did, Elder T. repeated the same words 'Into your hands i commend my spirit' and gave up the ghost.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
Avicenna:

Amen as last word. She was faithful. Not very colourful like your previous posts but faithful.
Do you one better,
I have heard Allahu Akbar as last words.
Is this valid to you?

Why don't you post the identity of the person here for us? Do you have the last words of any atheist?
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Avicenna: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you post the identity of the person here for us? Do you have the last words of any atheist?

I guess it is not valid.
Thanks for your time. I enjoy the dramatic ending of such colourful characters.

BTW,I don't have any atheist's last words. But some are on the net tho.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Sweetnecta: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
you know that Laa illaha ilAllah is the appropriate last "words".

This your Allahu Akbar tells me you were never truly a muslim. no muslim will say Allahu Akbar is last words instead of Laa illaha ilAllah.

or you used to play one on tv? today there is "america muslims" tv program centere on arab blood, michigan.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sweetnecta:

you know that Laa illaha ilAllah is the appropriate last "words".

This your Allahu Akbar tells me you were never truly a muslim. no muslim will say Allahu Akbar is last words instead of Laa illaha ilAllah.

or you used to play one on tv? today there is "america muslims" tv program centere on arab blood, michigan.

Mallam, do you have stories of Muslims' last words to share with us?
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Avicenna: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2012
Sweetnecta: you know that Laa illaha ilAllah is the appropriate last "words".

No true scotsman. Na u sabi. Dying words, that's what is usually recommended(the shahada) but you are not dying now, are you? It was fuc.k.ing last words. Screamed!

I'm tired of this. Say ANYTHING you want. American Muslims ko.......
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2012
Olaadegbu,u got most of ur stories 4rm "dying testimonies of saved n unsaved" by s.b. Shaw,rite? I'v read d book 2,but methinks many of d unsaved were just in a delirious state.i recall dat some believers also seemed delirious n made some unintelligible statements e.g edward payson (@ d beginning of d book if am not mistaken).one particular xtian even fought with some devil on his death bed,he despaired.also,some xtians who didnt see eye 2 eye on earth were supposed 2 hv gone 2 d same heaven e.g augustus toplady n john wesley.he accused wesley of abridging his work thru a most vitriolic letter written 2 wesley.i was so surprised 2 find out dat d young toplady wrote such 2 an elderly wesley because wesley opposed his calvinist stand.how such a man saw "d joys of d 3rd heaven" really beats me. moreover,am curious about why these supposed last statements by renowned humanists like edward gibbon,david hume, n thomas payne would be found in some 19th century xtian collection alone.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by Avicenna: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2012
Beretta92: Olaadegbu,u got most of ur stories 4rm "dying testimonies of saved n unsaved" by s.b. Shaw,rite? I'v read d book 2,but methinks many of d unsaved were just in a delirious state.i recall dat some believers also seemed delirious n made some unintelligible statements e.g edward payson (@ d beginning of d book if am not mistaken).one particular xtian even fought with some devil on his death bed,he despaired.also,some xtians who didnt see eye 2 eye on earth were supposed 2 hv gone 2 d same heaven e.g augustus toplady n john wesley.he accused wesley of abridging his work thru a most vitriolic letter written 2 wesley.i was so surprised 2 find out dat d young toplady wrote such 2 an elderly wesley because wesley opposed his calvinist stand.how such a man saw "d joys of d 3rd heaven" really beats me. moreover,am curious about why these supposed last statements by renowned humanists like edward gibbon,david hume, n thomas payne would be found in some 19th century xtian collection alone.

https://www.nairaland.com/255030/greatest-atheist-quotes

The title of the thread is misleading. All sorts of last words were debunked.

This is why I don't take these last words seriously. They are funny tho.
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10am On Sep 01, 2012
Avicenna:

https://www.nairaland.com/255030/greatest-atheist-quotes

The title of the thread is misleading. All sorts of last words were debunked.

This is why I don't take these last words seriously. They are funny tho.

How were they debunked?
Re: Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On May 31, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Abiodun Kumuyi (Wife of Dr. W.F. Kumuyi, died 2009)

Never more to roam.”

"Amen".

"Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his!"
(Numbers 23:10)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Impact Of The Church To The Economy Of Nigeria - Daniel Osato Edegbe Uddo / Drop Your Quote Here And Bless Someone: / Can You Return A Certificate For Engaging In Exams Malpractice After Repentance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.