Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,049 members, 7,852,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona (337 Views)

Ladies Come In Here And See This ( Image ) / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy / Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona by Eddygourdo(m): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2016
This is an overflogged topic, yet the cries of deciet echos every now and then. You often hear men say " this is not whom I fell in love with" and women complain to all who care to listen how "this isn't the man I married". I disprove the theory that love could be blind in all cases and rather prefer to state the obvious. We are in love most times with images. Images portrayed by our partner albeit harmlessly, with intention to be more attractive.

I am a Virgin, I was raped by my uncle neighbour father son, I am dangote's pikin, I dine with otedola, I am an artist, I don't visit guys, I am different from other people who broke your heart, blah blah blah. Men and women gladly dish out these deceitful statements during early courtship, it's in human nature as well as animals to appear more attractive to a potential mate. This most times results in image painting. I doubt there is a man who at first date will tell a lady " I will slap you whenever you annoy me" "am a womaniser and chronic woman beater". Neither would you find a lady willingly to go on a second date with such a man. Thus it's unsurprising that women and men paint pictures, create images and personas to our loved ones. The issue is that most times our love is based on these images, the true nature of our loved ones are not observed till a later time (marriage) and then pains, disagreements, distrust becomes the order if the true nature disagrees with the loveable images we earlier knew.

This issue of lying and deciet is more common with women in this age simply because 21st century love had gone beyond declaration of love. If a man declares himself dangote pikin, we only should pity him when he has to prove that in numerous boutiques, eateries, shoprites etc. To the lady in question. But the lies of women is more difficult to disprove. Toto no get odometer. There is absolutely no way to second guess the honesty of your woman except time. And once her treachery has been proved most times love jumps out the window. Woe betide us that marriage has already occurred.

The bravest of men, is a man with a truthful tongue, who is true to himself and who seeks only people that accept his present, past and likely future. I disagree with this image building romance. I prefer a true person. If you are a LovePeddler, I could be OK with it, last I checked the so called LovePeddler are getting married. If you are broke, there could be a lady out there that is OK to be patient with ur situation while still loving you. Aa earlier said, even broke men have girlfriend and wives. I have truly only met two truthful ladies. I had the best relationships with them. We still best of friends till date because we never painted images. She understood I qas a male LovePeddler at the time and she a bisexual. No judging. We even went on choking sprees together and many threesomes. Too bad her husband today has no idea his wife is a lesbo. Cos he loves the image he knows. Hopefully may he never encounter her true self. I love the true person of someone. If you are bad, good grief we just avoided wasting our time, if you are good in my opinion. You will always be no matter the situation. Cheers
Re: Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 01, 2016
ok
Re: Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona by halfricanadian(f): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2016
I fall in love with personality not the image they create kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona by ashmanpolo: 9:10am On Mar 01, 2016
Charlie, this write-up is longer than my lover's password with just two letters
Re: Who Are You In Love With...... An Image? Or A True Persona by chigoizie7(m): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2016
Our true personality lies on our true lies

(1) (Reply)

You Are The Least Today; You Can Be The Greatest Tomorrow / Ways To Deal With A Complicated Relationship / Are You Going Through A Relationship Crisis? Get In Here And Let's Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.