Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China (7970 Views)

Breaking News! Scoundrels Rioting In Benin Calls For Oshiomole's Resignation / Buhari's Supporters Already Rioting In The North!! / Chinese Police Kills Rioting Muslim Gang At Eid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2009
some folks act that way abroad cos they know the cops over there wont be stupid enough to shoot them and turn it into an international incident.
if na for 9ja, MOPOL no go waste time begin dey bulala people with koboko or shoot at them. Shit happens
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2009
Oh come on!!! Like it has ALWAYS been that way abroad. It was the people who fought to demand things change and things did. Now we want to GROW WINGS where everything don change finish, but we loose those wings when it comes time to cause change in our own land? abegi!!! lol
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2009
samparian:

dude, i dont blame them cos travel agents are very cunning. one of my friends had a nice boutique in 9ja and closed it down to travel to europe. ol' boy, the guy dey shout and says that the only way to be able to return to 9ja sharp sharp with cash is to do illegal things and he refused to do that. He couldnt just go back because he had nothing to go back to and he spent over 1 million naira to make that trip.
He has been there for 5 years now and says he'll soon be able to save upto 1 million naira. AFTER 5 YEARS??

first what was he expecting to find when he got there?! gardens where he would plant a 50€ note, water it and get a 100€ note the next day??
people are easily fooled and many think that Europe/US is a bed of roses. the day they will wake up, the day they will all understand that it aint so.
some people dont know that what they have at home is MUCH better than what some people have abroad, the catch is to make them understand. your friend sold his shop and then move abroad and now is doing bullshit jobs to make up the money he already had before but decided to hand it to some phoney travel agent)his stupidity). well at least he can now tell everyone HE TRIED.
they should use the internet, check the news, go to NL or any of the 9ja social forums and ask a simple question like:"how is life in the west" etc etc.
anyone who goes abroad with no clear plans is bound to fail.
also this:" He couldnt just go back because he had nothing to go back to and he spent over 1 million naira to make that trip." that pisses me off, when a person do not want to recognize that he made a mistake and would rather face hardship instead of coming back home where he had a sound steady income. also he wants to pretend like everything is ok and that he is successful when he is not, god forbid, people should believe that his trip abroad was successful. bringing a car and some cool gear is the norm.
get real brothas.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by makib: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2009
cry which way nigeria?

Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by makib: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
which way to go?

Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2009
Go home grin
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2009
That was a joke, but it seems that's what the policeman is telling you guys? abi?
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2009
But, seriously we need to educate our people and tell them that leaving 9ja is not the best option
unless you're travelling to further your studies, or on a business trip, nigeria is a nice country, honestly.
Many people are making it in Nigeria and all we need is enlightenment
and basic amenities.
our governent should provide electricity first and things will start taking shape.
cos, once there's electricity, industries and companies will spring up, they'll create more jobs and Nigeria will be back on track
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is hilarious!!!! Are Nigerians cowards or something else? Some other threads asks. I wonder why we seem to grow a BACKBONE when we are in another man’s land but as soon as we get back to Nigeria, we start to act like SHEEP with no WILL of any kind. Roflmao!!

Kobojunkie is right. if people had the balls to do in 9ja what they did abroad then some changes would come out of it. i guess the local people dont think there is anything to gain by going to the streets.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2009
I disagree @Samparian. It is an individual choice to be made and instead we need to educate people in the fact that Abroad, the equation usually boils down to

HARD WORK + ABIDING BY THE LAW= SUCCESS

Our people are not always willing ready to work hard and stay within the law abroad, that is why many end up miserable here. Majority of the Nigerians I know here who are miserable are

a) Unwilling to sacrifice their need to have it all to work hard to get where they would like to be
b) Many dream big, only they are not willing to work to attain these dreams
c) A Huge majority of them seem to EXPECT these things to be handed to them without feeling they need to spend time paying the price for the better future they want

Some marry foreigners and have kids with them so they can that way guarantee their children better lives. I used to know a man who had 3 kids with white Americans mainly because he believes that white children have it better than children of other races, without considering that there are even Nigerian children out there who live free and well in the same America.

I have met people who believe that America is supposed to pay them and so they latch onto this mentality that is prevalent in the black community, the one that they are owed reparations of some kind from the white community. They sit waiting miserable for most of their lives while others go to school, get degrees, jobs and successful careers.

Another is many come here and believe this idea that there are some good fields and back fields. Rubbish!! I remember noticing that majority of those going into the nursing field are Africans. I asked why and was told that people believe it is easy money and the only place to make money. Problem with this mentality is that majority of those who go into these fields have no passion for the work and so end up living miserable. Some make the money but find they have to stay with the job to fund their lifestyles.

I think the biggest lesson we ought to learn is that the only way to enjoy your life no matter where you are is to do what you have a passion for. We seem to have a passion for making money and that is the wrong way to go about things. We need to first know where we fit best in, and then we make money by applying ourselves in that area. And this applies in Nigeria and anywhere else you find yourself.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2009
@kobojunkie
thats where our high school guidance councilor comes into play.
for the educated ones
i hear many guys miserable abroad are high school drop outs. and from what i know about Nigerians residing in China, 50% are stark illitrates,30% are drop outs, and 20% are graduates.
the truth is that you dont need a certificate to succeed in life. abi?
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
I never had a high school guidance counselor, and yes, I do not believe one has to have a degree or education to succeed. But I believe it all has to do with our upbringing more considering majority of those living miserable have families who could have easily given them all the counseling needed to help them make better decisions even abroad.

I have a friend here who was homeless when he was growing up in Nigeria. His mother abandoned him when he was a kid and so he lived most of his life on the streets in Lagos. He was fortunate to have left the country in his teen years and has since done really well for himself. He enrolled in night school and got his highschool diploma. Started learning computers from reading books and then started his own business. When people started learning how to put together their own machines at home, he realized it was time to move on to another area. He went back to college, paid for by working night jobs and sharing an apartment with another friend. Got his degree and now works in a bank as an accountant.

Now, this is one thing I love about living abroad. If you want to change your life, the tools are there and the opportunities are there, regardless of your past miseries. You just need to focus, plan and look forward to having the best life.

Our dear brothers here mostly want to make it OVERNIGHT. If you tell them that they may have to have a five year plan, that is akin to you telling them they will never make it.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Our dear brothers here mostly want to make it OVERNIGHT. If you tell them that they may have to have a five year plan, that is akin to you telling them they will never make it.

As true as daylight. i totally agree with you.

Kobojunkie:

Now, this is one thing I love about living abroad. If you want to change your life, the tools are there and the opportunities are there, regardless of your past miseries. You just need to focus, plan and look forward to having the best life.

And that is why we storm the west and east with hopes and aspirations for better things
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

AMEN!!!!!!
and then, instead they go for some crime/illegal bullshit and blame everyone else but themselves the day they get caught or "jump out of buildings"
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2009
Nigerians in Guangzhou are crazy. They behave like animals esp, the Ibos, if care is not taking they will set you up and beat u, steal your passport and sell it grin.

Heard alot of story about Nigerians living in Guangzhou, a lot of illegal immigrant.

GUANGZHOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2009
nuzo is of course a law abiding citizen somewhere, as he has deafeningly told us millions of times.

Now, is he the only one, or are others also law abiding even if they're waste disposal workers in Nigeria. abi na location dey determine genteelness?
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by MrCrackles(m): 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2009
faakay:

Nigerians in Guangzhou are crazy. They behave like animals esp, the Ibos, if care is not taking they will set you up and beat u, steal your passport and sell it grin.
Heard alot of story about Nigerians living in Guangzhou, a lot of illegal immigrant.
GUANGZHOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

grin cheesy grin
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Omowunmimi(f): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I never had a high school guidance counselor, and yes, I do not believe one has to have a degree or education to succeed. But I believe it all has to do with our upbringing more considering majority of those living miserable have families who could have easily given them all the counseling needed to help them make better decisions even abroad.

I have a friend here who was homeless when he was growing up in Nigeria. His mother abandoned him when he was a kid and so he lived most of his life on the streets in Lagos. He was fortunate to have left the country in his teen years and has since done really well for himself. He enrolled in night school and got his highschool diploma. Started learning computers from reading books and then started his own business. When people started learning how to put together their own machines at home, he realized it was time to move on to another area. He went back to college, paid for by working night jobs and sharing an apartment with another friend. Got his degree and now works in a bank as an accountant.

YOU MADE A VERY GOD POINT, I NEVER HAD A TRAVELLING PASSPORT ONLY WHEN I WAS GOING FOR HAJJ. I HAVE NOT MADE IT TO SATISFACTION(ONE WHO IS SATISFY IS DEAD) WITH ALL HUMILITY SOME NIGERIANS ARE LAZY,WE SAW THEM SLEEPING ON ROCK IN SAUDI ARABIA. LIVING ODD LIFE,HARD WORK,PERSEVERANCE ,FAITH ,CONSISTENCY , ALL POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONE CAN STILL BE BETTER OFF HERE. I AM NOT OPPOSED TO TRAVELLING,BUT SOME DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY WENT THERE FOR. LIFE IS ABOUT ALTERNATIVES ,THE BEST OF WHICH MUST COME WITH GOOD CHOICE.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
faakay:

Nigerians in Guangzhou are crazy. They behave like animals esp,  the Ibos,  if care is not taking they will set you up and beat u, steal your passport and sell it  grin.

nigerian passport is THAT valuable?! *****jaw dropping********
how much is the going rate on the street?! ROTFLMAO
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

nigerian passport is THAT valuable?! *****jaw dropping********

haa Nigerian passport got value. When they steal your passport. They will sell to another illegal immigrant that got no valid paper and he will use it to nigeria by God's grace grin grin

Each passport cost about 800usd - 2000usd, depending on the link.

Some stupid fucking idiotic ibo guys willing sell their passport and soon as they enter CHINA,

I have seen it LIVE!! shocked

Me i fit shook anybody wey wan near my passport.

I value my Naija Pee
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Borat1: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
See these naija ninja's oh. They must have had a helpful dose of goat liver for breakfast. CHINA ke! Where hundreds of thousands of chinese demonstrated in 1989 and were bombarded to submission by the police, na handful of immigrants, legal or illegal dey come protest? Learn
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by NIGboi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2009
Look at us, nigerians doing what we know how to do best- pull down some other person. The PHD syndrome. We have gradually digresed from the topic to start pulling down ourselves. 'Just good' says its the nigerians that commit fraud in china- guess in has an informant who tells him that. Who says the chinese aren't into big time fraud?they are real sly and slippery. Who says other nationals don'T commit fraud? We never talk about the folks who are doing us proud and succeeding honestly. Why? The PHD syndrome. Another says it is the igbo. Permit me to say, he is a real punk ass junkie. Instead of rallying round to help we are busy castigating others.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by sley4life(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2009
how true is the story
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Guylan(m): 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2009
Wao ! some guys in this forum don't know what life's worth. Is it right to kill somebody because he's a non-documented immigrant in China? Nigeria just lost a son and some of you are blaming his immigrant status in China. Shame to all of you who are questioning his legal status in China. If he's your Mother's son won't you be crying by now? Condemn the Chinese police for killing a Nigerian. That's a Shame! cry cry
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 1:37am On Jul 16, 2009
Just downloaded this from the web about the protest.
No be small thing o.

Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 1:41am On Jul 16, 2009
this is serious. heard our Ambassador had to come from Beijing to settle the issue. The police couldnt do much because attacking the Nigerians will be insult to injury and would create an International incident

Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by sley4life(m): 2:19am On Jul 16, 2009
Let them continue the riot. China don turn to nigeria already. We have injected them with our syndrome. Go chinese embassies and see hundreds of people battling for visa
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by samparian(m): 2:35am On Jul 16, 2009
Its difficult for most businessmen to get visa now to china because there is too much rush. I wonder why?
why are broke assed people without shops/businesses and capital in Nigeria running to China where there are no jobs, no visa extentions for Nigerians?
For a businessman, China is a very important place to visit or reside
But for husstlers, ITS A NO GO AREA
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 16, 2009
Guylan:

Wao ! some guys in this forum don't know what life's worth. Is it right to kill somebody because he's a non-documented immigrant in China? Nigeria just lost a son and some of you are blaming his immigrant status in China. Shame to all of you who are questioning his legal status in China. If he's your Mother's son won't you be crying by now? Condemn the Chinese police for killing a Nigerian. That's a Shame! cry cry

please enlighten me and tell me WHO KILLED WHO in this unfortunate situation. yes it is a sad way to loose a life but no it is not anyone's fault but his own.
I, for one, is not blaming his immigration status, i am blaming his STUPIDITY.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 16, 2009
~Borat~:

See these naija ninja's oh. They must have had a helpful dose of goat liver for breakfast. CHINA ke! Where hundreds of thousands of chinese demonstrated in 1989 and were bombarded to submission by the police, na handful of immigrants, legal or illegal dey come protest? Learn

ya know. China sef don progress in a tiny way, going by their handling of this and the other protest last week.

Go chinese embassies and see hundreds of people battling for visa

in Nigeria, visa business is big business. As the Chinese saw the enormous profits being made by the western countries' embassies, they decided to cut in on a piece of the pie.

Naijas full that Guangzou sha.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerians Rioting In China by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2009
tpia.:

in Nigeria, visa business is big business. As the Chinese saw the enormous profits being made by the western countries' embassies, they decided to cut in on a piece of the pie.

almost every nationalities in the world that want to go to China has to PAY for a visa whether you are in 9ja or come from US, Europe or Africa.
the chinese always had a money for visa policy(as far as i can remember) and they even raised the visa fee for US passport holder when the US started charging crazy visa fee for chinese passport holders.
for a chinese L tourist visa it stands as:US passport holder 130$, any other nationality: 30$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Speaker Rejects Police Aides To Protest Removal Of Saraki’s Security / Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua / Edo APC Decries Increasing Destitutes On Benin Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.