Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori (17389 Views)

House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics) / Governor Ganduje Visits Kemi Adeosun (Photos) / Anthony Okwori, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Pecca: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
me, I no like kemi.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Niceman4u(m): 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
For some times now as Nigeria’s economic problems deepen due to the fall in oil prices and the rapid devaluation of the Naira against the Dollar in the parallel (black) market, some naive folks and arm chair critics who can’t see beyond their nose mostly out of sentiment now analyze the Nigerian economy like experts in the mold of Adam Smith, Lord Alfred Marshal, or Robert Keynes.

They blame the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun for the free fall of the Naira and the over-bloated 2016 budget. They see her as inexperienced, incompetent, and poorly qualified if at all fit for the job. They blame her for everything wrong with the economy. Their description of her is in fact a reflection of how daft and shallow their minds are because it clearly shows that they have no knowledge of how the economy works. As if not done, they still go around crediting the recent gains by the Naira against the US Dollar to the politician cum businessman, Chief Ifeanyi Ubah. That level of daftness is quite nauseating; especially coming from supposedly educated people.

It was revered Professor Akin Oyebode, a professor of law who first claimed Mrs. Kemi Adeosun is poorly qualified for the position of Nigeria’s Minister for Finance and his only reason was that she couldn’t gain admission to Harvard Business School(HBS). Excuse me!!! When did attending Harvard become criteria for choosing finance ministers? How many Harvard ex Nigerian Finance Ministers have rescued Nigeria from financial deep? Is it because the cerebral young woman doesn’t come out to bamboozle the public with economic jargons and esoteric figures?

[b]As per her qualification, she holds a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Economics from the University of East London and a Masters in Public Finance from the University of South London with membership of all the relevant accounting professional bodies in UK and Nigeria aside working for Price Waterhouse Cooper (PWC) and top financial houses with experience spanning some 22 years. She was also Commissioner for Finance of Ogun State for 4 years (2011-2015) where she did wonders in raising the IGR several folds and keeping the books clean paving the way for her meritorious rise to her present position. Not even Chief Okotie Eboh or Pat Utomi or Charles Soludo were as experienced as Kemi now when they got appointed to pivotal positions as economic adviser, Minister of Finance, and CBN Governor respectively. Pat Utomi was appointed Economic Adviser to President Shagari at age 27. How much experience had he at the time? Same age was also Chief Okotie Eboh. Charles Soludo was made CBN governor and did very well even with zero work experience. Only academic consultations and teaching;for which top bankers and captains of industries cried wolf. Let’s give Kemi Adeosun a chance to prove herself and fortunately she’s been doing great and putting up a lot of sacrifice. Am I the only one noticing her weight loss and (apparent) slight aging since becoming minister?
[/b]

The position of Finance Minister or any office is not the preserve of anyone or group of people and everyone must not be judged according to other people’s standards. The fastest rising economies in the world weren’t built by Harvard or Ivy League grads neither did the World Bank and IMF hawks give them a chance when they were building from foundation. Auntie Kemi is young, beautiful, and brilliant with the grit and grace to lead Nigeria’s economy to Eldorado whether naysayers like or believe her or not.

Source - http://www.politicalreport247.com/2016/03/haters-leave-kemi-adeosun-alone-by.html
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by grandstar(m): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
She is not responsible for the free fall of the naira. Buhari is solely responsible by saying he won't devalue the naira and by excluding 41 products from the CBN forex window.

Anyway, she is still a lightweight and not qualified for the job.

The finance and accounting industry is much different from the economic world. At times, it can be like a dentist taking the lead in a heart surgery.

Soludo may not have had the kind of experience which Adeosun had but he must have written academic papers which showed his mettle.

I credit the man today for building the country's middle class and deepening the banking sector. Dangote said that he would not be where he is today without the banking consolidation.

Yes, there were a few gaffes such as the banking crisis. The fault there i suspect must have been his arrogant nature which must have irked the guys in the Central Bank who decided to teach him a small lesson. Over 10, I give him an 8

Truth is, Adeosun is not fit for the post. She does not behave like an economist and that is her biggest offence

2 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by semitunde: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
Another ignorant octopus. Stop this unnecessary competition. Okonjo has been tested and trusted, she is a world class product. Obasanjo begged her, not appointed to come and work for her country. She came in right from world bank mugu. Adeosun is a monday to friday PwC worker. No economic acheivement

Yet same obasanjo sacked her as finance minister and gave her foreign ministry as soft landing.

Obj regarded himself as one of the Strong personalities needed to correct NOI's weaknesses. He showed us how when he promptly moved her away from finance ministry.

Her second coming under the ineffectual Jonathan was a monumental failure. If she was anywhere close to the govt run by OBJ or Buhari during Jonathan's time, she would have been sacked and probably flogged too.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by ChiefSweetus: 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
She attended a low standard school and such do not get better internship or lecture from experts (University of East London and a Masters in Public Finance from the University of South London). The OP is just an ignorant attention seeking thug. Kemi is still a baby. Soludo's propfile would swallow all she has achieved. She is not an expert, just a regular Monday to Friday worker.

We need expert, not quacks from low standard schools and training. A third class degree holder in Nigeria can still gain admission in those rubbish low standard schools.
waow. You eider atendeth masechusets institute of tecnologhy MIT or banana iceland univesity d two best school in d world. Smath boy! World classed scholar! smileyi bet u reject ministar poast if d president gaved u. Grate patroit! Genius fellow. MENSA memba wink

3 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
She attended a low standard school and such do not get better internship or lecture from experts (University of East London and a Masters in Public Finance from the University of South London). The OP is just an ignorant attention seeking thug. Kemi is still a baby. Soludo's propfile would swallow all she has achieved. She is not an expert, just a regular Monday to Friday worker.

We need expert, not quacks from low standard schools and training. A third class degree holder in Nigeria can still gain admission in those rubbish low standard schools.

[size=14]Soludo grades Jonathan “F” on economy; says his administration the worst ever[/size]

“My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his job record. Those who have decided to vote for him will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade,” Mr. Soludo said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html

The result of NOI the expert.

4 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by opribo(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
Only God knows which one of the so called social media change was paid to do this 'otinkpu' work.
They took 7 whole months to select them and they told us they were the best crop they can find.

So which bone is time for her to learn. the country is not ready for quacks at this time. They all knew the challenge on ground before accepting the work.
Ministerial job is not for neophytes is for experts in the various sectors.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by opribo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
Only God knows which one of the so called social media change was paid to do this 'otinkpu' work.
They took 7 whole months to select them and they told us they were the best crop they can find.

So which one is time for her to learn. the country is not ready for quacks at this time. They all knew the challenge on ground before accepting the work.
Ministerial job is not for neophytes is for experts in the various sectors.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
Another ignorant octopus. Stop this unnecessary competition. Okonjo has been tested and trusted, she is a world class product. Obasanjo begged her, not appointed to come and work for her country. She came in right from world bank mugu. Adeosun is a monday to friday PwC worker. No economic acheivement

The woman styled as the co-ordinating minister has watched helplessly as the Federal Government indulged in a series of financial recklessness, such as the wasteful National Conference that gobbled over N10 billion and the establishment of new Federal universities when the existing ones are poorly funded. Such is the pattern of reckless expenditure that at the moment, Nigeria’s foreign reserve has dropped to $29 billion, from the $43 billion met by the Jonathan administration.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/okonjo-iweala-the-failed-minister/
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.

“My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html

2 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
Na wao. I have nothing against mrs adeosun and i do not doubt her competence in other aspects of finance. But in truth, she is NOT qualified 2 be Nigeria's finance minister. And comparing adeosun to NOI, Prof Soludo and Prof Utomi is absurd. There r firebrand, world class yorubas who can be finance minister, but not adeosun. People should stop defending the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by iretiland: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Who assisted Nigeria to clear the debt of the Paris club? Who created the Excess Crude Account and the Sovereign Wealth Fund?

Is it not the then governors that went on a sharing spree of the ECA through the state's commissioners of finance by arm twisting NOI?

Kemi is Inexperienced

The level of hate and illiteracy in Nigeria is unbelievable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by vislabraye(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Who assisted Nigeria to clear the debt of the Paris club? Who created the Excess Crude Account and the Sovereign Wealth Fund?

Is it not the then governors that went on a sharing spree of the ECA through the state's commissioners of finance by arm twisting NOI?

Kemi is Inexperienced

No mind the mumu people......

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
The OP is entitled to his opinion though I'm tempted to think that he is a paid piper.
With what is on ground, the whole people managing our economy have performed below average - including the "beautiful minister ".

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by SamiraF: 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
DipKemi should not be higher than trainee clerical officer in any ministry. No hating.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Niceman4u(m): 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
If u had pointed out one economic policy or policy statement for economic development from Kemi ds ur missive would ve been interesting.
My friend, am nt one of those haters bt I am one of those that ve reservation abt her competence to bring huge change to d economy.
Kemi's body language alone each time I see her on TV tells me dat she s wearing an over-sized shoe, dat she s in an office dats far bigger dan her capability.
I tink those guys u mentioned, Eboh nd Utomi played advisory role which to me were theoretical. academic knowledge can b enuf to be an adviser because d job s theoretical in nature.
Finance minister s d driver, d economic driver therefore d pragmatism s exppected to b seen.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
Kayode Ogundamisi
@ogundamisi

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a DISASTER. Economy is ruined as FG borrows N473bn in four months to fund budget.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Niceman4u(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
themilanway:
I will always take madam Kemi any day any time over a hundred Ngozi okonjo Iweala aka madam voodoo economist.

Kemi might be untested and unproven,I'm more than willing to giver her a chance and weather the storm together with her,so long she is atleast honest and practical with the affairs of the nation.

Only dumbos makes silly and unsubstantiated noise about kemi and her work.

Nice read by the way.

I tink there s no basis for d comparison! Ngozi s a renowned economist, MIT trained economist, world bank recognised economist. The problem was dat Ngozi swam in the ocean of corruption of d last administration. I don't lik Ngozi, I don't lik her performance especially in d latter part of d last administration bt my friend, d truth be told, Ngozi s much experienced dan Kemi as far as matters of national economy is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Ghost01(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
Those wailing are actually yet to tell us which of the functions of the Minister of Finance Aunty Kemi has failed to perform. On top of NOI's degrees from Harvard and MIT, what were her achievements again?! Those shouting Soludo and Sanusi forget that these guys are products of UNN and ABU respectively and can stand their own anywhere anytime. You don't need to study at Harvard or work at the World Bank to handle finance. It's time some of us grew up!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Ndolarr: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
Kemi is like the biblical David that God will use to deliver Nigeria from the economic Goliath threatening Nigeria presently. Just watch out! Haters, both young and old, will die of heart attack!

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Ghost01(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
grandstar:
She is not responsible for the free fall of the naira. Buhari is solely responsible by saying he won't devalue the naira and by excluding 41 products from the CBN forex window.

Anyway, she is still a lightweight and not qualified for the job.

The finance and accounting industry is much different from the economic world. At times, it can be like a dentist taking the lead in a heart surgery.

Soludo may not have had the kind of experience which Adeosun had but he must have written academic papers which showed his mettle.

I credit the man today for building the country's middle class and deepening the banking sector. Dangote said that he would not be where he is today without the banking consolidation.

Yes, there were a few gaffes such as the banking crisis. The fault there i suspect must have been his arrogant nature which must have irked the guys in the Central Bank who decided to teach him a small lesson. Over 10, I give him an 8

Truth is, Adeosun is not fit for the post. She does not behave like an economist and that is her biggest offence
And how exactly does an economist behave? You also conveniently left out the part where she served as the MD of an Investment Bank and was Commissioner of Finance in Ogun State for four years.

If you would criticise, anchor your arguments on what she has done or fail to do. That's what educated people do.

6 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Qmerit(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Nonsense! No be only East London and South London. She should also get enrolled into West London and North london schools.
I pity the woman. She was set up to fail and such will dent her image. Kemi Adeosun is as confused as other ministers under Buhari. She became a minister of Finance when the work requires someone more tactful and exposed than she is.
. Shut it upppppp ok, I mean ur mouth, sorry if you feel insulted, but stop praying for one's failure, , so that you would succeed and be a success in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
chuckynath:
Ur analysis is so shallow and unfortunate that you tried to compare prof soludo and kemi.please get your facts right.the bitter truth is that kemi adeosun is least qualified for the job.the earlier this anormaly is correct the better for us all.
God bless Nigeria!

Chuks Ibo boy, she is not qualified because she is not Igbo abi?

which school did you pass out from again?

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by kolexy(m): 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
seunaj:
Well, this writeup to me looks so vague and without adequate facts and figures but more of personal opinion which of course, the writer is entitle to. But let me quote the writer " how many Harvard ex Nigerian Finance Ministers have rescued
Nigeria from financial deep?" sorry, u wouldn't even go there. Even ppl that understands economy much more than u, in the likes of Baba Obj clamored for NOI to become Buhari's vice after foreseeing the economic crisis that Nigeria is unfortunately experiencing @ the moment.
U can't be objective and underestimate the power of NOI's economy wit. The naira had started falling big time before handing over to the present administration, but people like OP wouldn't understand because it was properly managed by the then finance minister. I am very hopeful that things will change for the better but let someone please inform Kemi on time that she needs to work harder.

Oga monetary policy is the responsibility of the CBN governor.

2 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by kolexy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
Niceman4u:

If u had pointed out one economic policy or policy statement for economic development from Kemi ds ur missive would ve been interesting.
My friend, am nt one of those haters bt I am one of those that ve reservation abt her competence to bring huge change to d economy.
Kemi's body language alone each time I see her on TV tells me dat she s wearing an over-sized shoe, dat she s in an office dats far bigger dan her capability.
I tink those guys u mentioned, Eboh nd Utomi played advisory role which to me were theoretical. academic knowledge can b enuf to be an adviser because d job s theoretical in nature.
Finance minister s d driver, d economic driver therefore d pragmatism s exppected to b seen.

Okotie-Eboh was Finance Minister
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
our Igbo brethren have a huge challenge with their inherited clannish nature unfortunately.

all they can see is Kemi Adeosun is Yoruba and not Igbo so she is not good enough, she shouldn't be there.

Ngozi was there for donkey years and messed up the economy even more despite an over-rated Harvard degree.

she and her boss gej were corruption personified.

whoever doesn't like Kemi Adeosun can relocate to Syria. we will help them pack their loads and drive them down to the border.

#TeamKemiAdeosun

7 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Niceman4u:

I tink there s no basis for d comparison! Ngozi s a renowned economist, MIT trained economist, world bank recognised economist. The problem was dat Ngozi swam in the ocean of corruption of d last administration. I don't lik Ngozi, I don't lik her performance especially in d latter part of d last administration bt my friend, d truth be told, Ngozi s much experienced dan Kemi as far as matters of national economy is concerned.

What use is the experience of NOI if it is not going to yield dividend but failure. If NOI's experience means failure to the economy during an oil boom, then, her qualifications and experience should not be a criteria of debate.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by omaguibu(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2016
For some of us that are being called waillers, it will be better for we will get used to the present challenge we are faced and envisaged than some of you who are so gullible and unreasonable to the present shaky and incapable hands our economy is into.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by specco(m): 11:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
What I see here is 'Lets not allow one of our own go down. Lets defend her at all cost'
Truth be told. Ms Adeosun doesnt have a firm grip on the levers of this economy. And those making comparison bw NOI and Kemi are just being mischivous. NOI is deep in economic dexterity. I wish Kemi luck.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
specco:
What I see here is 'Lets not allow one of our own go down. Lets defend her at all cost'
Truth be told. Ms Adeosun doesnt have a firm grip on the levers of this economy. And those making comparison bw NOI and Kemi are just being mischivous. NOI is deep in economic dexterity. I wish Kemi luck.

My point is what is the usefulness of her deep economic dexterity if it led to an economic failure during an Oil boom. A windfall like no other in the history of Nigeria.

People do not get that NOI failed. All her degrees and hyped knowledge meant nothing if she could not manage an oil boom.

2 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by nicolosam(m): 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
This is democracy and if Adeosun Kemi wouldn't tolerate the criticism of her person, she should have remain in her private life!
She is the finance minister of Federal Republic Of Nigeria for God sake and who the hell says she can't be blamed for the woes of the economy. Schools attended and certificates gathered is none of my business but productivity!!! The writer of this piece is not only stupid but have been blindfolded by the amount of money given to write this trash!
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by derecho(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
Unfortunately,your statement gave you away as a clannish person.
Even the writeup wasn't done by a yoruba man.He didn't allude to tribal issues.He only pleaded for understanding and dismissed incompetence,in his own little way.
The issue is on competence NOT TRIBE.
Ioannes:
our Igbo brethren have a huge challenge with their inherited clannish nature unfortunately.

all :Pthey can see is Kemi Adeosun is Yoruba and not Igbo so she is not good enough, she shouldn't be there.

Ngozi was there for donkey years and messed up the economy even more despite an over-rated Harvard degree.

she and her boss gej were corruption personified.

whoever doesn't like Kemi Adeosun can relocate to Syria. we will help them pack their loads and drive them down to the border.

#TeamKemiAdeosun

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guber Poll: PDP Mobilises To Lagos / Ogun And Lagos Local Government Elections: Share Your experience / FG In Close Door Meeting With Chibok Girls’ Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.