Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori (17388 Views)

House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics) / Governor Ganduje Visits Kemi Adeosun (Photos) / Anthony Okwori, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by adconline(m): 9:50am On Mar 03, 2016
Poorly articulated and written. Pat Utomi got his Ph.D in Economics. Soludo is a visiting professor at Cambridge and Oxford. This is like comparing Beetle and Ferrari.
Kemi's biggest job was at PWC and handled less than $100m in her portfolio.. Also she ran Ogun state aground by leaving behind a heavily indebted state. For every N100 Ogun state gets every month, it spends about N150.. She's not qualified for the job!
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by obailala(m): 9:52am On Mar 03, 2016
seunaj:
Well, this writeup to me looks so vague and without adequate facts and figures but more of personal opinion which of course, the writer is entitle to. But let me quote the writer " how many Harvard ex Nigerian Finance Ministers have rescued
Nigeria from financial deep?" sorry, u wouldn't even go there. Even ppl that understands economy much more than u, in the likes of Baba Obj clamored for NOI to become Buhari's vice after foreseeing the economic crisis that Nigeria is unfortunately experiencing @ the moment.
U can't be objective and underestimate the power of NOI's economy wit. The naira had started falling big time before handing over to the present administration, but people like OP wouldn't understand because it was properly managed by the then finance minister. I am very hopeful that things will change for the better but let someone please inform Kemi on time that she needs to work harder.
My apologies but the bolded is a very misinformed argument built on pure conjectures and not fact.

When oil prices started crashing, the naira fell from around 160 to 220 between october 2014 and May 2015 even though oil still sold above $60. Nigeria's GDP growth rate also fell from around 6% to 2.3% as at May 2015, that's its lowest ever (since 1999); it has since risen a bit to stabilise a little above 3%. Nigeria's foreign exchange reserves also dropped between october 2014 to May 2015 from about $38.5bn to $28.5bn, that's a catastrophic drop of about $10bn in 7 months; I don't need to remind you that the new economic team has maintained virtually what they inherited till date. Furthermore, in early 2015, the FG/NOI had to borrow over $2bn to pay simple workers' salaries because the govt was cash trapped; they also owed oil marketers their subsidies since Aug 2014. Now all of the above I just mentioned happened when oil still sold above $60 and it all happened under the watch of the much celebrated world economist. I can supply you weblinks to confirm every single thing I just said above.

Now with oil selling at $31, half of what it was when NOI handed over, do I need to remind you that every negative thing I pointed out above have been reversed under the neophyte finance minister and the 'inexperienced' economic team (except for the sliding exchange rate which by God's grace would also be checkmated soon)?

Enough of all these needless and uninformed hype of NOI, she may be a good economist, but she is not a god. And she obviously did very poorly (worse than the present minister) when the oil crash begun. The only reason you and I didnt notice these failures on time is because at the time, we were all fixated on the 2015 elections, it's not because the failures didnt happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Guyman02: 10:06am On Mar 03, 2016
It is more difficult to get admission to UNILAG or OAU departments of economics than University of East London or South London. Those backyard schools that elites in Nigeria send their children and the come to NL to show pictures of them graduating easily with first class.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by osita76(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2016
themilanway:
I will always take madam Kemi any day any time over a hundred Ngozi okonjo Iweala aka madam voodoo economist.

Kemi might be untested and unproven,I'm more than willing to giver her a chance and weather the storm together with her,so long she is atleast honest and practical with the affairs of the nation.

Only dumbos makes silly and unsubstantiated noise about kemi and her work.

Nice read by the way.
for your information Okonjo-Iweala is a world class economist so the likes of Adeosun and co will be looking up to her as their role model Okonjo-Iweala is being acclaimed world all over
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by obailala(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2016
osita76:
for your information Okonjo-Iweala is a world class economist so the likes of Adeosun and co will be looking up to her as their role model Okonjo-Iweala is being acclaimed world all over
But are you aware NOI got her 'world acclaim' after she was given the chance to serve?... If some folks bulldozed her within 4 months of her assuming office like the way you are currently bulldozing madam Kemi, I'm sure you know she wouldn't be recognised anywhere. Enough of these unnecessary bullying, even the world class economist performed very poorly at managing the economy when the oil price crash began. The oil crash is even far worse now but madam Kemi has obviously handled it better than NOI did between Oct 2014 and May 2015.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Subwayy101: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2016
Realman87:
Na wao. I have nothing against mrs adeosun and i do not doubt her competence in other aspects of finance. But in truth, she is NOT qualified 2 be Nigeria's finance minister. And comparing adeosun to NOI, Prof Soludo and Prof Utomi is absurd. There r firebrand, world class yorubas who can be finance minister, but not adeosun. People should stop defending the indefensible.

Can you pls tell us the qualification of a finance minister.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Subwayy101: 10:52am On Mar 03, 2016
Ioannes:
our Igbo brethren have a huge challenge with their inherited clannish nature unfortunately.

all they can see is Kemi Adeosun is Yoruba and not Igbo so she is not good enough, she shouldn't be there.

Ngozi was there for donkey years and messed up the economy even more despite an over-rated Harvard degree.

she and her boss gej were corruption personified.

whoever doesn't like Kemi Adeosun can relocate to Syria. we will help them pack their loads and drive them down to the border.

#TeamKemiAdeosun

The funniest thing is that they are blaming her for the work of the Budget minister and that of the CBN. Some dont even know the work of a finance minister, reason a gala seller still come online to scream...she is not qualified. Lmaoooo

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Subwayy101: 10:57am On Mar 03, 2016
DikeOha882:
Rumor has it that adeosun cluelessness has been made known to buhari by few elites from the north, they pressed on buhari to redeploy her to communication ministry

Rumour from your head, pained loser.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by dragunov: 10:59am On Mar 03, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Nonsense! No be only East London and South London. She should also get enrolled into West London and North london schools.
I pity the woman. She was set up to fail and such will dent her image. Kemi Adeosun is as confused as other ministers under Buhari. She became a minister of Finance when the work requires someone more tactful and exposed than she is.
For example? You? Or who?
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 03, 2016
Ioannes:
our Igbo brethren have a huge challenge with their inherited clannish nature unfortunately.

all they can see is Kemi Adeosun is Yoruba and not Igbo so she is not good enough, she shouldn't be there.

Ngozi was there for donkey years and messed up the economy even more despite an over-rated Harvard degree.

she and her boss gej were corruption personified.

whoever doesn't like Kemi Adeosun can relocate to Syria. we will help them pack their loads and drive them down to the border.

#TeamKemiAdeosun

On the contrary, i think you are the one playing the tribal card here and glorifying mediocrity because Kemi is Yoruba. The economy now and the economy under NOI, which is better? Answer sincerely
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
prince3009:

On the contrary, i think you are the one playing the tribal card here and glorifying mediocrity because Kemi is Yoruba. The economy now and the economy under NOI, which is better? Answer sincerely

Judge Kemi after her tenure. We can Judge NOI after her tenure and she failed woefully.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by binhozie(m): 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
themilanway:
I will always take madam Kemi any day any time over a hundred Ngozi okonjo Iweala aka madam voodoo economist.

Kemi might be untested and unproven,I'm more than willing to giver her a chance and weather the storm together with her,so long she is atleast honest and practical with the affairs of the nation.

Nice read by the way.

You assume kemi is honest
if Ngozi isn't honest why hasn't efcc caught up with her ?
What do you mean by "and her work", what work has she done?.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
How are you my boy
Subwayy101:

Rumour from your head, pained loser.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by meccuno: 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
themilanway:

Nice read by the way.
I am sure you are yoruba.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by meccuno: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
I didn't even bother to finish the trash. Well, its not a bad thing to be tribal and want to side your ethnic group. But where you would mess up is when you start comparing a school from south london to Harvard. I don't think I have ever heard the name of her school before!! Tribalism is when you compare apples and oranges. NOI is a million times better. I am not surprised. Because even the president appointed a Northerner, a school teacher to head a department with a former VC of UNN. So if comparing a local economist to world renowned Harvard graduate who is still receiving awards till now is done in Nigeria, expect some bias. Facts are there.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by SANCTO: 1:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
@ Op that Kemi of a woman lacks the capacity of a minister of finance. She might have worked in Several organizations but is incompetent. see her dispositions; can be easily be intimidated,. Comparing her with NOI is just like two graduates that came out with 2.1 from University, one studied hard and during her studies, studies to know the reasons for every action, while the other studies to pass or even sorted to pass.

I gave up on PMB's govt immediately he named his cabinet of incompetent persons.

i would have wanted him to make one Idika Kalu or Soludo his minister of Finance.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
SANCTO:
@ Op that Kemi of a woman lacks the capacity of a minister of finance. She might have worked in Several organizations but is incompetent. see her dispositions; can be easily be intimidated,. Comparing her with NOI is just like two graduates that came out with 2.1 from University, one studied hard and during her studies, studies to know the reasons for every action, while the other studies to pass or even sorted to pass.

I gave up on PMB's govt immediately he named his cabinet of incompetent persons.

i would have wanted him to make one Idika Kalu or Soludo his minister of Finance.

NOI was a disastrous failure and it shows that Ivy League degrees is not a guarantee for good performance. Judge Kemi after her tenure but let us not use NOI as a criteria because NOI failed as a Finance Minister.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by 7lives: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
mascot87:
It is only IPOB flat heads & incompetent ineffectual baboons that says rubbish about Kemi. Who takes them serious anyway

Don't mind them, na their own dey always better pass no matter how worthless it is.
If Kemi was an Hausa Fulani woman, their slogan would have been " almajiri economist."
If she was a middle beltan " they will say burukutu economist "
If she was an Efik they will remember that Calabar na mumu.
It took me a while to realize that they see NO GOOD in others so i have also drawn my own line too, grin grin grin grin grin grin THEIR OPINION IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

2 Likes

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Omonigeriarere: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
Integrityfarms:

[s]Who assisted Nigeria to clear the debt of the Paris club? Who created the Excess Crude Account and the Sovereign Wealth Fund?

Is it not the then governors that went on a sharing spree of the ECA through the state's commissioners of finance by arm twisting NOI?

Kemi is Inexperienced
[/s]

Governor requested for their legal entitlements: how has NOI used the remaining over 52% which belongs to the FG for the betterment of Nigerian economy apart from depletion of reserve and increased indebtedness.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by grandstar(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ghost01:
And how exactly does an economist behave? You also conveniently left out the part where she served as the MD of an Investment Bank and was Commissioner of Finance in Ogun State for four years.

If you would criticise, anchor your arguments on what she has done or fail to do. That's what educated people do.

Serving as an MD of an investment bank does not count as much. Its like saying a dentist can do the work of a heart surgeon.

Serving in a state as a commissioner for finance does not also count as much.

As finance minister, she can influence, the level of import duties paid, whether corporate or personal taxes go up or down, whether fuel subsidies are removed or not and so forth. Her policies affect the entire country and can greatly dictate the growth rate. A finance commissioner's role is quite limited to managing well whatever policy or monies is received or dictated by the centre.

If GEJ had hired her, I am sure your position would have been more strident.

I am apolitical. No matter how good she is (I am sure is not) she will always be hampered by Buhari whose understanding of economics is lamentable. His foreign exchange restrictions will ruin any good policies she has.

And by the way, a good finance minister at the crucial juncture the country is, would have brought out a series of pronouncements to lift up the economic spirits of the country to boost the economy. She has not.

When the naira went into a free fall, she was dreadfully silent. A finance minister worth his salt would have reassured the the country
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
prince3009:

my dear how many months has Kemi been in office? how many years did NOI spend there?

how can you be comparing oranges and apples and claiming fairness?

my bro, you need to check yourself.

when NOI was leaving office, the FG of Nigeria had to borrow money to pay SALARIES, something never done before in the history of this country, yet for years during that same tenure crude sold for $120/barrel, the highest ever in the history of this country.

the National till was looted under NOI's watch yet she claimed she wasn't aware.

madam Kemi is trying to clean up their mess yet you keep blaming her. and she hasn't event spent one year there. smh seriously.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Subwayy101:

The funniest thing is that they are blaming her for the work of the Budget minister and that of the CBN. Some dont even know the work of a finance minister, reason a gala seller still come online to scream...she is not qualified. Lmaoooo

it really is so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
Fadekebisola:

why do we yorubas resort to tribal sentiment to address issues...am yoruba but truth be told...this is not about tribe here...KEMI is incompetent lets say the truth .
make una brand be ipod as well bc if my stance....say no to tribalism

you aren't much coherent.

anybody can claim to be anything on a faceless forum, so you claiming to be Yoruba is just as useless as me claiming to be Dangote. get it?

Kemi is incompetent. lol. I guess you think you are the right person for the job?

Igbo claiming to be Yoruba because your moniker is fadekebisola. tell us something else.
Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
derecho:
Unfortunately,your statement gave you away as a clannish person.
Even the writeup wasn't done by a yoruba man.He didn't allude to tribal issues.He only pleaded for understanding and dismissed incompetence,in his own little way.
The issue is on competence NOT TRIBE.

unless you are not in Nigeria or a Nigerian, the issue IS always about tribe. stop lying to yourself.

Abba Moro the employment scam guy has been hurled to Kuje prison, how many of his clansmen have you seen chanting "witch-hunting"? how many have carried placards?

if he was from the SE, what do you think would have happened? be sincere.

that's why I said all issues in Nigeria boil down to TRIBE or RELIGION. So stop living in cuckoo land.

if the issue was competence then why isn't a particular section of the country condemning the less than average performance of Okonjo Iweala but are ready to crucify a finance minister who just got there some six months ago?

1 Like

Re: Haters Leave Kemi Adeosun Alone! By Christian Okwori by derecho(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Okay o o.Pls when you are less busy try to read what you just wrote now,what you wrote before,the Op,and my reply.Then ask yourself.: whose reply is biased ?.
Ioannes:

unless you are not in Nigeria or a Nigerian, the issue IS always about tribe. stop lying to yourself.

Abba Moro the employment scam guy has been hurled to Kuje prison, how many of his clansmen have you seen chanting "witch-hunting"? how many have carried placards?

if he was from the SE, what do you think would have happened? be sincere.

that's why I said all issues in Nigeria boil down to TRIBE or RELIGION. So stop living in cuckoo land.

if the issue was competence then why isn't a particular section of the country condemning the less than average performance of Okonjo Iweala but are ready to crucify a finance minister who just got there some six months ago?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fight In Anambra Assembly As Factional Speakers Struggle To Take Seat / Guber Poll: PDP Mobilises To Lagos / Ogun And Lagos Local Government Elections: Share Your experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.