Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? (48381 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Man Punishes GTB For Deducting N275 From His Account / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by aieromon(m): 1:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
I smell a ghost worker.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
I've tried to change the surname I used to register my bank account for some reasons, but the bank is demanding these from me:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication
And letter to the manager

But my fear is that I don't know if the BVN name can also be changed as I read somewhere that CBN ordered banks to stop change of name.

I don't want to try anything that may affect my money or create issue in my bank account. Please has anyone changed his account name with the bank. How did you go about it?

Please don't just view, your advice is needed.
Tell the bank customer care that you want to update your bank details.Then you can modify name.But becareful.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
deluxecad:

In the past, you'd be required to produce the 3 items you listed, but recently banks have been directed by the CBN not to carry out name changes. I think this is in line with the ongoing corruption fight.
Bvn is a fingerprint registration.So no matter what you change your name to they will still detect fraud through that name.So becareful.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by emerged01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
I've tried to change the surname I used to register my bank account for some reasons, but the bank is demanding these from me:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

But my fear is that I don't know if the BVN name can also be changed as I read somewhere that CBN ordered banks to stop change of name.

I don't want to try anything that may affect my money or create issue in my bank account. Please has anyone changed his account name with the bank. How did you go about it?

They will still later demand for a genuine ID card that bears the name you are changing to.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by pat358(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Why should you want to change your bank account name? Hope not for fraudulent reason.
You can close the account and open another one but the real problem is, which name is on your BVN?
Remember that BVN has your biometrics.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by pat358(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
pat358:
Why should you want to change your bank account name? Hope not for fraudulent reason.
You can close the account and open another one but the real problem is, which name is on your BVN?
Remember that BVN has your biometrics.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by baloney: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
y will a grown up man need a change of name?
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Danyl(m): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
if you have not registered for BVN, it will be easy for you all you do is just get those documents, go to another bank and register another account in your new name, register for your bvn there. change your names on the other banks with those documents and link ur bvn. if you have registered for bvn on that former name, it will be a long process o.. but its possible. this country is not ready for all this things but we got to start somewhere anyway. I don't know why people cant change their names on their account..
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Danyl(m): 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
baloney:
y will a grown up man need a change of name?
if you see something that will make you change your name, nobody will tell you before you do so.. People always think why will a grown up man do that, people change their names for different reasons, mine is just that changing names for corruption or stealing puirpose will attract a terrible judgement from God.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by abdoolorunwa(m): 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

THOSE THREE (3) ITEMS ARE NEEDED PLUS A VALID NATIONALLY RECOGNISED I.D CARD THAT CARRIES THE EXPECTED NAME.

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by norame(f): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
luciouscookie:
Yes you can just make sure you have plenty time and ready to speak plenty grammar because it's not really that simple.

Hahaha... Is not true. No big grammar. He should just go with those requirements that's all.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by luciouscookie: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
norame:

Hahaha... Is not true. No big grammar. He should just go with those requirements that's all.
Lol, I witnessed something like that 2 weeks ago, I felt so sorry for the babe.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by zunnurain33(m): 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
yes bros. I have done my too, I changed my name, date of birth both on my account and my bvn. you need this application, affidavit, publication and valid Id card.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2016
emerged01:

They will still later demand for a genuine ID card that bears the name you are changing to.
Thanks. Hope it isn't must give them a valid id card bearing the new name as at the time I do the change of name?
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
zunnurain33:
yes bros. I have done my too, I changed my name, date of birth both on my account and my bvn. you need this application, affidavit, publication and valid Id card.
This is nice, thanks a lot bro. Wish mine were as simple as yours

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Danyl:
if you have not registered for BVN, it will be easy for you all you do is just get those documents, go to another bank and register another account in your new name, register for your bvn there. change your names on the other banks with those documents and link ur bvn. if you have registered for bvn on that former name, it will be a long process o.. but its possible. this country is not ready for all this things but we got to start somewhere anyway. I don't know why people cant change their names on their account..
I wonder oo! This country eh.

Well, I registered my bvn there and I pray I find it easy as some people here testified how they changed theirs
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

Pls guy. Where and how did you do the affidavit of change of name. I want to change my name and which newspaper did you go. Pls thanks
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by barikay: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
You guys should know that the only way govt can fish out ghost worker is through bvn
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by emerged01(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
Thanks. Hope it isn't must give them a valid id card bearing the new name as at the time I do the change of name?

The ID card must be the name you are changing to. While changing your name,you must consider the name you used for BVN. The new name you are changing to must not contradict the name u used for BVN reg.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ericuzor(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
leofab:
holla .. I can't access my account; they claimed I have done my Bvn somewhere but I haven't cos I it just one account and it's has been locked off... With all my money in.. What can I do?? I tried to redo the Bvn twice but got nothing out of it..
email me at ericuzor@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Vision4God: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
okay bro thanks.

But have you done it before? Or do you know anybody that did it? How did it go?

Went quite well.
Had to do newspaper publication, court affidavit, letter to d manager.

For women, some parastatals may nid court marriage cert.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Sandee10: 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
ucheends:
how i did it. I was answering my grand fathers name. Anakebe in my ecobank dollar accunt. Did bvn with nwankwo as my surname in access.
did newpaper publication with the following 4500 payeble to vintage press ltd[the nation], court affidavit 500ngn ,and valid id card scanned to them.
Sumited my newspaper publication,nepa bill,valid id, affidavit,letteradressed to the manager stating my old name ,my new name, my acct number and my bvn.
I was told that adress virification was involved sinc it was nt my branch. Na here gbege d dey ooh. Dem go domp ya file one side frm here. I lobby here ooh. Find am some tips cos dem go need visit d address.
my document was scanned to my branch, and a call was put throughto them . Behold, with 2days my acct had my new name and i did withdraw my dollar

Na wah o, na you pay transport for verification? you should tell the bank. call this 01-2260450 to let the bank know what’s happening.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ericuzor(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
Wonderful! Wish my own case were like yours. Is it necessary to go with a valid id card as the previous id card may be misleading based on name differences?
email me i have bank contact that can fix it ericuzor@yahoo.com
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
Vision4God:

Went quite well.
Had to do newspaper publication, court affidavit, letter to d manager.

For women, some parastatals may nid court marriage cert.
That's great bro.

What about a valid id card bearing your new name? Did they request for it? Again hope your money in the account wasn't tampered with?
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
ericuzor:
email me i have bank contact that can fix it ericuzor@yahoo.com
had little issue with my email. Will email you once fixed

well, I once went to the bank with only affidavit, and one of their customer cares claimed to have changed the name. But as time went on I found out that nothing was changed. Have you checked your account to see if the name was truly changed? Again, hope your money in the account wasn't tampered with?
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ericuzor(m): 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
had little issue with my email. Will email you once fixed

well, I once went to the bank with only affidavit, and one of their customer cares claimed to have changed the name. But as time went on I found out that nothing was changed. Have you checked your account to see if the name was truly changed? Again, hope your money in the account wasn't tampered with?
am using my account till date everything working fine
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Pls guy. Where and how did you do the affidavit of change of name. I want to change my name and which newspaper did you go. Pls thanks
If you are in Lagos, just go to any court around you and tell them you come for affidavit. They will demand for your old and new names and charge you around one thousand naira or above and you will get the affidavit within few minutes with court stamp on it.

Then you photocopy the affidavit and take it to any newspaper office (every newspaper is acceptable). They charge around 4500 - 5000, and tell you when the paper with your name will be out. On that day (please it must not exceed the given date as that's is only day your name will appear and it appears only on their paper), you just buy the paper and check the back. There you will see your name alongside with other people's name. Then you photocopy yours and take it to bank.

I did my affidavit at Apapa, Lagos. Even if you are outside Lagos, there are courts and newspaper office almost everywhere.

Then you write a letter to your bank manager and tell him reason(s) why you want to change your name. And have to get a valid id card like, driver's license, voter's card, national id card or international passport bearing the new name you're changing to.

You've to go the bank with these four items( affidavit, newspaper publication, letter to the bm, and valid id card) before you have your name changed.

It's not that easy bro, but once done, you feel so happy

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Isaac1988(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
I haven't heard about dat b4
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
Wasn't that stressful
pinkpearl17:
Yes. I have. I used a court affidavit, newspaper publication and a letter addressed to the manager.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
ericuzor:
am using my account till date everything working fine
Lucky guy
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ericuzor(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
Lucky guy
if you can't get it done call me 08135110936
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by beautyerhu86(f): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

just open a new bank account and transfer all your money into it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics) / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.