Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) (101226 Views)

Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos: Houses And Cars Burnt / Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Mile 12 Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by coolitempa(f): 10:22am On Mar 04, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
eshiwaju are you ok cone head

Sexybrooke...I see you have been unbanned....just like me... shocked
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by lolu20: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2016
keep shouting sai baba.Awon ode
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2016
chernest2002:
Anywhere you hear killings, hausa must be involved. And the south are disunited, the total occupation and islamisation is on the move, and it will reach all corners. What the likes of Ojukwu, nnamdi Kanu have seen long ago, some people are yet to see. One Nigeria till we are all conquered as slaves.

Ojukwu can't receive the credit of having seen it long ago that "one Nigeria" would not work. If he actually saw it a long time ago then why did he, Ojukwu, under Aguyi Ironsi's order, command the Nigeria army under him to crush Isaac Adaka Boro's declaration of Niger Delta Republic in 1966 while he and Ironsi were still loving Zik's "one Nigeria"? Why did Ojukwu twice send back to the North the Easterners who managed to escape the pogroms that preceded Ironsi's overthrow and assassination?
Ojukwu did not see shit. He was as blind as Zik and Ironsi until Aburi Accord failed to be implemented.

Those who could be correctly credited with seeing the fraud in one Nigeria at a very early stage are Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa. Zik, Ojukwu, Okpara, Ironsi, Okotie-Eboh, Edwin Clarke, etc were the inventors of "One Nigeria" so they could not have at the same time seen anything dangerous about it.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by IME1: 11:03am On Mar 04, 2016
janellemonae:

You are perfectly right. Best comment.

No be today. Im a yoruba girl but i know how these 'agberos' behave in markets. No chill. This is not the 1st yoruba-hausa market fight in lagos and it wont be d last, until the underlying issues are addressed - ecspecially agberoism.

This is just a lawless country wt no real structure & everyone behaves as they want, dts d reason u have agberos burning pple for not taking someone to hospital and herdsmen killing human beings so their cows can eat grass. Big shame.

i pray it would be the last!
i'm positive and hopeful like that.
Hausas and Yorubas clashed in Ado-Ekiti some times last year remember.
Believe you me, tribes clash! i have a whole research list of tribes that have clashed.
Also, let's look beyond the tribes and focus on the cause. What if both the rider and victim were of one tribe?
It's a case of giving a dog a bad name, just to hang it!
Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws, Igbos, Yorubas, Ebiras, Binis, Jukuns, Ibibios, Gwaris, and on and on, they have all in one time or the other been in the news for a bad thing, does not mean they are synonymous with bad.
My God! let there be peace and love, save us from this fragile relationship we have as citizens based on tribe and religion, in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nasir01: 11:05am On Mar 04, 2016
I wish there was some way I could reply to some particular Post on here especially post of those calling hausas and fulanis ignorant,and all sorts of name. People are just too quick to jumping into conclusion and it hurts. Well i'm from the north and even though I did not grow there or have any particular strong connection, I hate that people think of us as inferior and mentally low and unfit for society.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by lolu20: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2016
nasir01:
I wish there was some way I could reply to some particular Post on here especially post of those calling hausas and fulanis ignorant,and all sorts of name. People are just too quick to jumping into conclusion and it hurts. Well i'm from the north and even though I did not grow there or have any particular strong connection, I hate that people think of us as inferior and mentally low and unfit for society.
haha,very funny. is it now that u know dat ur pple r being unreasonable. the hausas and the Yoruba thugs gat the same attitude. they r both stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
coolitempa:

yes she's your nemesis she introduced me to nairaland and told me bout you so what's the vibe you just Don't know how much that chick feels against ya so listen boy I don't have time for westerner they are all bitchhash swerve
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
coolitempa:

yes she's your nemesis she introduced me to nairaland and told me bout you so what's the vibe you just Don't know how much that chick feels against ya so listen boy I don't have time for westerner they are all bitchhass swerve
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by coolitempa(f): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
yes she's your nemesis she introduced me to nairaland and told me bout you so what's the vibe you just Don't know how much that chick feels against ya so listen boy I don't have time for westerner they are all bitchhass swerve

You are always so funny.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
luke10:
Thanks so much. Am sure your brain is exactly like that of Buhari. Very low indeed.
aren't u ashamed of yourself and your family that someone with low brain(buhari) is a leader of your family,yoursef and ur tribe

get a life dude
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by YelloweWest: 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:

You are always ready to join the North to keep voting for their own yet you are asking for secession from Nigeria on the accusation that the North has always ruled and marginalized you. Sel contradiction galore!
And BTW who told you we the SS people are interested in the solidarity Igbos seek with us? We have not forgotten how Zik pulled out of NYM together with his fellow Igbos in protest against the victory of Ernest Okoli, an Ijaw man, won the NYM elections. We still remember how Igbos allowed themselves to be used by NPN/Hausas to frustrate the chances of a Bendelite becoming Senate president in the second republic. We remember also how Ojukwu and Ironsi crushed Isaac Adaka Boro's quest for freedom of Niger Delta Republic from Zik's fraudulent one-Nigeria. So just keep that wisdom of SS and SE alignment to yourself. God will give us SS our own wisdom to survive in this Zik's "one-Nigeria" till we get out of it.
I am ijaw oh!
We can't move forward looking at the rear mirror!!! Gej election changed every thing. The igbos stood by us!
I'm not saying we should join biafra but we need them as such as they need us to secede!
By the way we did not vote for Buhari. But I am ready to vote for any northerner as against a yoruba man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DiademSh07: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
lomprico:

And yet the fulanis have a large chunk of kwara state.
LOL!
See ibo dullness!
Get some data and watch the youTube of Saraki's encounter at a Ilorin Mosque where he was stoned, then come back here to tell me if the crowds were speaking in Hausa or Yoruba!
Shameless clown!
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chernest2002: 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:

Ojukwu can't receive the credit of having seen it long ago that "one Nigeria" would not work. If he actually saw it a long time ago then why did he, Ojukwu, under Aguyi Ironsi's order, command the Nigeria army under him to crush Isaac Adaka Boro's declaration of Niger Delta Republic in 1966 while he and Ironsi were still loving Zik's "one Nigeria"? Why did Ojukwu twice send back to the North the Easterners who managed to escape the pogroms that preceded Ironsi's overthrow and assassination?
Ojukwu did not see shit. He was as blind as Zik and Ironsi until Aburi Accord failed to be implemented.

Those who could be correctly credited with seeing the fraud in one Nigeria at a very early stage are Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa. Zik, Ojukwu, Okpara, Ironsi, Okotie-Eboh, Edwin Clarke, etc were the inventors of "One Nigeria" so they could not have at the same time seen anything dangerous about it.
yes I know that some other people sometimes have seen the same,but why have we not go separately? Because when the ss are being killed others will be watching like an antelope watching the lion as he eats her young one, the same when se and sw are being killed. Until the south with middle belt unites we can never achieve it. Major Gideon okah would have saved Nigeria but it was the same south in particular that sabotage that mission.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
YelloweWest:

I am ijaw oh!
We can't move forward looking at the rear mirror!!! Gej election changed every thing. The igbos stood by us!
I'm not saying we should join biafra but we need them as such as they need us to secede!
By the way we did not vote for Buhari. But I am ready to vote for any northerner as against a yoruba man!

@My fellow SS man, I guess your aversion to Yoruba is also based on what you saw in the rear mirror. I respect your opinion and see it through your eyes. But kindly give me that brotherly permission to chip in these few points for your critical examination.
In 2010 Yorubas like Wole Soyinka and Tunde Bakare founded the Save Nigeria Group with which they poured out into Lagos Streets to demonstrate and successfully antagonized and pulled down the Yaradua cabal which was otherwise bent on preventing GEJ from taking over. But no single one of such demonstrations for GEJ held anywhere in Igboland.
2. Yorubas abandoned Ribadu, the candidate of their own ACN in 2011 and a Northerner, and voted massively for GEJ. That indicates that they were able to rise above narrow party interests to see the bigger picture of Southern interest.

Unfortunately GEJ disappointed them in many ways and made nonsense of the support they invested in him hence they ditched him. Anyone in their shoes would do same. Consider the fact that the same Ojota in Lagos where the SNG held their pro-GEJ rallies was where GEJ first deployed soldiers to harass Lagosians peacefully demonstrating against sudden subsidy removal by GEJ. That was where GEJ began to lose Yoruba support, and you really can't blame them cos they were too disappointed. Moreover GEJ allowed Igbos to corner him all to themselves claiming to own him even more than the SS. GEJ's candidacy made Igbos and Yorubas vote along the same line for the first time in Nigeria's history as they both saw GEJ and SS as neutral and representing a rallying point for the much desired Southern unity. But GEJ who knew Yorubas and Igbos don't see eye to eye did not steer a middle course as wisdom demanded but slipped to the side of Igbos. So why would Yorubas not feel slighted? This is how I see the Issue.

If we decide to prefer voting for Hausas against Yorubas we will be repeating the mistake Zik made in 1960 and which has put the entire South in this mess till today. The truth is that Northerners hate us SS and SE more than Yorubas. Why we have always seem to have our way with forming alliances with the North is because Yorubas have always rejected them even though the North prefers them to us due to their similar religious distribution of population and monarchical value system. So if Yorubas decide to prefer the North too over us they will always win us and they and the North will rule Nigeria forever. Had Yorubas decided to align with the North in 2011 GEJ would not have tasted power. Let us re-examine our anti-Yoruba stand for that's where the hope of the Southern Unity lies. Let's not follow Igbos who have always misled us with" one Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
chernest2002:
yes I know that some other people sometimes have seen the same,but why have we not go separately? Because when the ss are being killed others will be watching like an antelope watching the lion as he eats her young one, the same when se and sw are being killed. Until the south with middle belt unites we can never achieve it. Major Gideon okah would have saved Nigeria but it was the same south in particular that sabotage that mission.

That the SS sabotaged Gideon Okar's mission is an attestation to the fact that the SS has largely been the architect of its own problems and not the North or Yorubas as our SE brother would want us to believe. If Jonathan could sack a fellow SS man as his NSA and replace him with a Norther elite- Dasuki-at a time the Northern elite was being suspected to be behind BH and the general insecurity in the country then why would anyone still assume Yorubas and Hausas are the SS' problem?
If Jonathan could refuse giving Ken Saro Wiwa, his own truly deserving SS brother who died pioneering a movement that saw GEJ himself to power, a national award but gave the same award posthumously to the Abacha who killed Saro Wiwa in cold blood then why would Igbos keep trying to make me believe Yorubas and Hausas are my problem? Was it Yorubas that asked GEJ to commit that blunder? This exactly is what annoys me about Igbos. They see clearly who did what but blame a different people.
On the issue of the SS people being killed: I don't blame others who watch it as a movie because the SS too has always blindly chanted "one Nigeria".

In 1999 OBJ set up Oputa Panel to investigate past human right violations all over Nigeria, but while Oputa Panel was sitting he, OBJ himself, ordered the invasion of Odi and violated not even the rights but the lives of thousands of innocent women and children. Did Bayelsans still not give him bloc votes in the 2003 elections that followed just four years later? Did a lot of South-South people not continue hailing OBJ as a hero and a detribalized and patriotic Nigerian even though similar circumstances of assault on uniformed men on duty later played out in Ota and Sagamu both in his own Ogun State but he did not order any single soldier there to kill anyone but buried the issue?
If a people showered accolades on a man who massacred their own brothers and. Voted for him again after that gory incident, who would not laugh at such people when they are being slaughtered?
Only the SS and SE watch their brothers killed and chant "one Nigeria". Hausas and Yorubas never do it. Let Buhari sponsor a massacre in Yorubaland and see how Yorubas will disturb and frustrate him out of power.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by mindtricks: 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
olapluto:
I doubt Hausas will make trouble outside their land. Lagos is too far away for them to pick up fights. If they are being pursued, they wont reach Ikire before being caught.
I urge Lagos govt and the federal govt to intervene. Oba Akiolu Rilwan, Olowo Eko, Oko Kofoworola, please step in and deal with the culprits.

FYI: Hausa-Yoruba fight even in Lagos is no new thing.
Recall, the one that took place in IdiAraba area of Lagos years back.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chernest2002: 11:58am On Mar 05, 2016
Deadlytruth:

That the SS sabotaged Gideon Okar's mission is an attestation to the fact that the SS has largely been the architect of its own problems and not the North or Yorubas as our SE brother would want us to believe. If Jonathan could sack a fellow SS man as his NSA and replace him with a Norther elite- Dasuki-at a time the Northern elite was being suspected to be behind BH and the general insecurity in the country then why would anyone still assume Yorubas and Hausas are the SS' problem?
If Jonathan could refuse giving Ken Saro Wiwa, his own truly deserving SS brother who died pioneering a movement that saw GEJ himself to power, a national award but gave the same award posthumously to the Abacha who killed Saro Wiwa in cold blood then why would Igbos keep trying to make me believe Yorubas and Hausas are my problem? Was it Yorubas that asked GEJ to commit that blunder? This exactly is what annoys me about Igbos. They see clearly who did what but blame a different people.
On the issue of the SS people being killed: I don't blame others who watch it as a movie because the SS too has always blindly chanted "one Nigeria".

In 1999 OBJ set up Oputa Panel to investigate past human right violations all over Nigeria, but while Oputa Panel was sitting he, OBJ himself, ordered the invasion of Odi and violated not even the rights but the lives of thousands of innocent women and children. Did Bayelsans still not give him bloc votes in the 2003 elections that followed just four years later? Did a lot of South-South people not continue hailing OBJ as a hero and a detribalized and patriotic Nigerian even though similar circumstances of assault on uniformed men on duty later played out in Ota and Sagamu both in his own Ogun State but he did not order any single soldier there to kill anyone but buried the issue?
If a people showered accolades on a man who massacred their own brothers and. Voted for him again after that gory incident, who would not laugh at such people when they are being slaughtered?
Only the SS and SE watch their brothers killed and chant "one Nigeria". Hausas and Yorubas never do it. Let Buhari sponsor a massacre in Yorubaland and see how Yorubas will disturb and frustrate him out of power.
well as you know,in some time to another ,we all share the blame of this fake one Nigeria, but am saying that we should peacefully go our separate ways,I don't like the blame game and I don't want southern president, i only want two to three countries out of Nigeria or even six. I do not hate hausa fulani and their Islam but I don't like their reasoning. They kill with no reason. Am not calling for war against any part but I only want peaceful dissolution of this death union.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chernest2002: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Deadlytruth:

@My fellow SS man, I guess your aversion to Yoruba is also based on what you saw in the rear mirror. I respect your opinion and see it through your eyes. But kindly give me that brotherly permission to chip in these few points for your critical examination.
In 2010 Yorubas like Wole Soyinka and Tunde Bakare founded the Save Nigeria Group with which they poured out into Lagos Streets to demonstrate and successfully antagonized and pulled down the Yaradua cabal which was otherwise bent on preventing GEJ from taking over. But no single one of such demonstrations for GEJ held anywhere in Igboland.
2. Yorubas abandoned Ribadu, the candidate of their own ACN in 2011 and a Northerner, and voted massively for GEJ. That indicates that they were able to rise above narrow party interests to see the bigger picture of Southern interest.

Unfortunately GEJ disappointed them in many ways and made nonsense of the support they invested in him hence they ditched him. Anyone in their shoes would do same. Consider the fact that the same Ojota in Lagos where the SNG held their pro-GEJ rallies was where GEJ first deployed soldiers to harass Lagosians peacefully demonstrating against sudden subsidy removal by GEJ. That was where GEJ began to lose Yoruba support, and you really can't blame them cos they were too disappointed. Moreover GEJ allowed Igbos to corner him all to themselves claiming to own him even more than the SS. GEJ's candidacy made Igbos and Yorubas vote along the same line for the first time in Nigeria's history as they both saw GEJ and SS as neutral and representing a rallying point for the much desired Southern unity. But GEJ who knew Yorubas and Igbos don't see eye to eye did not steer a middle course as wisdom demanded but slipped to the side of Igbos. So why would Yorubas not feel slighted? This is how I see the Issue.

If we decide to prefer voting for Hausas against Yorubas we will be repeating the mistake Zik made in 1960 and which has put the entire South in this mess till today. The truth is that Northerners hate us SS and SE more than Yorubas. Why we have always seem to have our way with forming alliances with the North is because Yorubas have always rejected them even though the North prefers them to us due to their similar religious distribution of population and monarchical value system. So if Yorubas decide to prefer the North too over us they will always win us and they and the North will rule Nigeria forever. Had Yorubas decided to align with the North in 2011 GEJ would not have tasted power. Let us re-examine our anti-Yoruba stand for that's where the hope of the Southern Unity lies. Let's not follow Igbos who have always misled us with" one Nigeria".
igbos never misled any tribe but igbos believed that a new nation would have worked as one,but history have shown that i can not work, igbos don't hate youroba as some thinks. In 1999 igbos voted obj against their own people, igbos are leaving with all tribes,investing in other tribes, so how do anyone thinks that igbos hate them? But in other words, igbos are hated cause you don't vote them, you don't invest in igbo land,and so on.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by bolajibreeze: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Plus Ibo Plus Hausa Plus Yoruba, you people will not give somebody headache. sad
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
chernest2002:
igbos never misled any tribe but igbos believed that a new nation would have worked as one,but history have shown that i can not work, igbos don't hate youroba as some thinks. In 1999 igbos voted obj against their own people, igbos are leaving with all tribes,investing in other tribes, so how do anyone thinks that igbos hate them? But in other words, igbos are hated cause you don't vote them, you don't invest in igbo land,and so on.

In 1999 Igbos and indeed the entire Nigeria had no choice than to vote for a Yoruba man as only Yorubas really contested that election. So no one can credit anyone for voting for a Yoruba man then. If it were a contest between OBJ and a Hausa man Igbos would have voted for the Hausa man as they voted for Shagari when awolowo contested against him. In 1999 they preferred OBJ because he was the North's face and interest in that election. Recall that OBJ's candidacy was sponsored by the North while the Falae whom Yorubas put forward as their genuine choice was rejected by Igbos. Even in 2003 igbos voted for OBJ (still the northern Oligarchy's candidate) and rejected their own son Ojukwu. So Igbos always support the North against the South.

Igbos idea of one Nigeria was a fraudulent one because it was aimed at making Nigeria one through a unitary system in such a way that would enable them dominate others. Zik who wanted "One-Nigeria" and unitary system actually schooled in the US where he heard no one preach "One-America" but all of them practising federalism and getting good results of rapid development. Us is similar to Nigeria in terms of ethnic diversity, and it is an academic principle that only federalism works for a multi-ethnic democracy. But Zik who knew this as a PhD holder returned from the US to start preaching unitary system and one Nigeria and denouncing federalism with the moral support of other Igbos. Do you think that was an indication that he and Igbos were genuinely interested and committed to the good governance and development of Nigeria or that they were actually just pursuing a selfish hidden agenda?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chernest2002: 10:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Deadlytruth:

In 1999 Igbos and indeed the entire Nigeria had no choice than to vote for a Yoruba man as only Yorubas really contested that election. So no one can credit anyone for voting for a Yoruba man then. If it were a contest between OBJ and a Hausa man Igbos would have voted for the Hausa man as they voted for Shagari when awolowo contested against him. In 1999 they preferred OBJ because he was the North's face and interest in that election. Recall that OBJ's candidacy was sponsored by the North while the Falae whom Yorubas put forward as their genuine choice was rejected by Igbos. Even in 2003 igbos voted for OBJ (still the northern Oligarchy's candidate) and rejected their own son Ojukwu. So Igbos always support the North against the South.

Igbos idea of one Nigeria was a fraudulent one because it was aimed at making Nigeria one through a unitary system in such a way that would enable them dominate others. Zik who wanted "One-Nigeria" and unitary system actually schooled in the US where he heard no one preach "One-America" but all of them practising federalism and getting good results of rapid development. Us is similar to Nigeria in terms of ethnic diversity, and it is an academic principle that only federalism works for a multi-ethnic democracy. But Zik who knew this as a PhD holder returned from the US to start preaching unitary system and one Nigeria and denouncing federalism with the moral support of other Igbos. Do you think that was an indication that he and Igbos were genuinely interested and committed to the good governance and development of Nigeria or that they were actually just pursuing a selfish hidden agenda?
well igbos voted obj against Olu Falae, they also voted obj against Ojukwu, that shows that they want good governance and not tribalism, in the case of good luck they also believe he was performing and they voted for continuity. I still tell you that if Zik wanted to dominate Nigeria he would have no accepted the office of president then,but he did it to show his unselfish desire which some igbos and all yoruba did not like. Zik tried to be a nationalist ,and if Awolowo and his brother had not caused those problems that gave the army opportunity to take over we would still be practicing the federalism system, so the blame goes to everyone not igbos, now Gej is out and many people have seen that Buhari is not the messiah, he kills with no reason,saying that IPOB, the youth of his country are trying his security and he have to shot with life bullet. He Buhari is dividing the country.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2016
chernest2002:
well igbos voted obj against Olu Falae, they also voted obj against Ojukwu, that shows that they want good governance and not tribalism, in the case of good luck they also believe he was performing and they voted for continuity. I still tell you that if Zik wanted to dominate Nigeria he would have no accepted the office of president then,but he did it to show his unselfish desire which some igbos and all yoruba did not like. Zik tried to be a nationalist ,and if Awolowo and his brother had not caused those problems that gave the army opportunity to take over we would still be practicing the federalism system, so the blame goes to everyone not igbos, now Gej is out and many people have seen that Buhari is not the messiah, he kills with no reason,saying that IPOB, the youth of his country are trying his security and he have to shot with life bullet. He Buhari is dividing the country.

Your claim that Igbos rejected Ojukwu and Falae for OBJ was because Igbos don't want tribalism does not cut it because Neither Falae was not a tribalist as he had served in various government levels and no one was able to accuse him of running his office on tribal sentiments. Ojukwu himself was not a tribalist. That Ojukwu tried to defend Igbo interest through war is not tantamount to tribalism. Anyone would do so when faced with a similar challenge. Igbos chose OBJ not because he had any good governance to offer but because he was the North's candidate. OBJ's first coming in 1976 - 79 was full of corruption and looting of the treasury, so why should Igbos claim it was for good governance they voted him? Why do Igbos now hate the same OBJ?

Your claim that Buhari has killed IPOB members is similar to the fact that OBJ massacred thousands of innocents in Odi in 1999 yet Igbos gave him bloc votes again in 2003 election. Is the life of IPOB members more sacred to Igbos than those of the Bayelsans whom OBJ killed and Igbos saw nothing wrong in?

Zik was not a nationalist as some people claim. He was a confusionist. If Zik had remained in his own Eastern Region and had therefore not gone to intrude into the affairs of the Western Region to forcefully and undemocratically installed Akintola as premier against the Yoruba' wish with the help of Northerners, Akintola would have been silenced and the crisis which led to the coup would not have happened in the first instance.
If Zik was really sincere with his nationalism and "One-Nigeria" he should have gone to seek the premiership of the Northern Region where he was born, brought up and therefore was most popular and known than in the East or West. Why did he go to Yorubaland where he was neither from nor grew up? What kind of nationalist was that? How many Yorubas or Northerners intruded into the Eastern Region to seek their premiership? Would Easterners have accepted it if Awolowo or Ahmadu Bello had come to Enugu to contest for premier? Zik read Anthropology in the University. Anthropology deals with the evolution of peoples cultures, and it is a principle in Anthropology that the only way for different peoples to live together peacefully without bloodshed is to limit cross-interactions among them and that each tribe respects the different cultures and beliefs of the other tribes no matter how silly those cultures may appear. Now, Zik who knew all these as an anthropologist was desiring one Nigeria whereby people will just abandon their cultural beliefs and become "one". Zik even went to Ahmadu Bello and said, "Let us forget our differences and move forward" despite he knew that such is against the tenets of the very Anthropology he read. And you tell me Zik was a nationalist?
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2016
Zik was nothing but a fraud who wanted to deceive people with one Nigeria. Why zik rejected Awolowo's offer to make him (Zik) prime minister and accepted the position of president was that he felt he would not be able to manipulate Awolowo even as head of government but could use his superior academic abilities to manipulate Balewa and Northerners generally.

If it was Awolowo that really cause the problem of the Western Region which precipitated the coup, then why was his name missing in Nzeogwu's original hit list while Zik's name was in it?
The fact that Ojukwu attended Awolowo's burial and did not Attend Zik's tells you that Ojukwu later realized in life that Zik's inconsistency was the problem of the entire South.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chernest2002: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
Deadlytruth:

Your claim that Igbos rejected Ojukwu and Falae for OBJ was because Igbos don't want tribalism does not cut it because Neither Falae was not a tribalist as he had served in various government levels and no one was able to accuse him of running his office on tribal sentiments. Ojukwu himself was not a tribalist. That Ojukwu tried to defend Igbo interest through war is not tantamount to tribalism. Anyone would do so when faced with a similar challenge. Igbos chose OBJ not because he had any good governance to offer but because he was the North's candidate. OBJ's first coming in 1976 - 79 was full of corruption and looting of the treasury, so why should Igbos claim it was for good governance they voted him? Why do Igbos now hate the same OBJ?

Your claim that Buhari has killed IPOB members is similar to the fact that OBJ massacred thousands of innocents in Odi in 1999 yet Igbos gave him bloc votes again in 2003 election. Is the life of IPOB members more sacred to Igbos than those of the Bayelsans whom OBJ killed and Igbos saw nothing wrong in?

Zik was not a nationalist as some people claim. He was a confusionist. If Zik had remained in his own Eastern Region and had therefore not gone to intrude into the affairs of the Western Region to forcefully and undemocratically installed Akintola as premier against the Yoruba' wish with the help of Northerners, Akintola would have been silenced and the crisis which led to the coup would not have happened in the first instance.
If Zik was really sincere with his nationalism and "One-Nigeria" he should have gone to seek the premiership of the Northern Region where he was born, brought up and therefore was most popular and known than in the East or West. Why did he go to Yorubaland where he was neither from nor grew up? What kind of nationalist was that? How many Yorubas or Northerners intruded into the Eastern Region to seek their premiership? Would Easterners have accepted it if Awolowo or Ahmadu Bello had come to Enugu to contest for premier? Zik read Anthropology in the University. Anthropology deals with the evolution of peoples cultures, and it is a principle in Anthropology that the only way for different peoples to live together peacefully without bloodshed is to limit cross-interactions among them and that each tribe respects the different cultures and beliefs of the other tribes no matter how silly those cultures may appear. Now, Zik who knew all these as an anthropologist was desiring one Nigeria whereby people will just abandon their cultural beliefs and become "one". Zik even went to Ahmadu Bello and said, "Let us forget our differences and move forward" despite he knew that such is against the tenets of the very Anthropology he read. And you tell me Zik was a nationalist?
Anyone must have made mistakes sometime but only a nationalist can will election anywhere,if chief Awolowo have not been so radical he would have won the support of others national leaders, if ss could vote obj after Odi massacre,why should anyone blame se for voting obj?Olu falae is not a tribalist neither is Ojukwu nor igbos, but everyone has right to vote for his choice and that does not mean being tribal as even pmb have made us to know that he will only give back to those that gave him and with that word have put more division on already divided state. Civilised leader heals while uncivilised ones divides ,blame will never solve the problem

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 3:46am On Mar 11, 2016
chernest2002:

Anyone must have made mistakes sometime but only a nationalist can will election anywhere,if chief Awolowo have not been so radical he would have won the support of others national leaders, if ss could vote obj after Odi massacre,why should anyone blame se for voting obj?Olu falae is not a tribalist neither is Ojukwu nor igbos, but everyone has right to vote for his choice and that does not mean being tribal as even pmb have made us to know that he will only give back to those that gave him and with that word have put more division on already divided state. Civilised leader heals while uncivilised ones divides ,blame will never solve the problem

Your claim that Awolowo lost elections because he was not a nationalist does not stand the test of logic. How many presidential elections did Zik win with all his "nationalism"? Awolowo did not win presidential elections not because of his radicalism but partly because of rigging and also because he was very realistic and bluntly truthful just like Ahmadu Bello and Enahoro. And Nigerians hate truth. These three persons saw it clearly that Nigeria was not one and could not become one anytime soon, and they did not pretend otherwise. They said it exactly as it was. In fact they suggested the inclusion of secession clause in our independence constitution. By that clause any region which later felt cheated would have had the constitutional right to peacefully pull out of the union without a single bloodshed. Such a constitutional provision would have instilled in all our future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance and Nigeria would not have been this misgoverned as it regrettably is today, and therefore no region would have eventually later had the reason to want to pull out. But Zik, who also saw that reality and even understood it better by virtue of the course he read in USA, unfortunately chose to reject the secession clause but started preaching "one-Nigeria" just to appear as a nationalist in the eyes of the gullible Nigerians. Such a person was not a nationalist. A genuine nationalist is not he who preaches unity among totally different peoples with even opposing cultures knowing fully well that unity among such peoples could easily lead to misgovernance and bloodletting as we now have today. A genuine nationalist is rather the person who has foresight and therefore sees ahead enough and rejects a kind of unity which he knows could possibly lead to oppression, ever growing inter-tribal hatred and bloody rivalry among different peoples as we had before independence and still have till today. Therefore the genuine nationalists are Awolowo, Enahoro, Ahmadu Bello and Balewa who saw this clearly and therefore preferred regional autonomy and federalism to Zik's unitary system that just bundles everyone together without regards for their individual differences. Federalism limits cross interaction and makes everyone mind his business without undue intrusion and oppression from others. We all complain today that the colonial masters were wrong in amalgamating us without regards for our differences, and yet Zik wanted to still amalgamate us further with his one Nigeria. That means Zik was a neo-colonialist. And those who rejected his Neo-colonial idea, he labelled them tribalists. That was too thoughtless of him given his level of education.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by OreMI22: 3:58am On Mar 11, 2016
All these abokiis you are killing and burning their corpses in Lagos,
abokii will use yoruba for suya in the north o.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by rexzqcom(m): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2016
Learn something from this educative discussion.
Zik is the author of Nigeria intractable problems of today.His unitary government of "one Nigeria", with ambition that him, and his igbo pioneers as pioneering national leaders ended up parcelling and bundling up the nation for the Hausa/fulani today.
Leant earlier that ironsi dictatorship actualized the unitary government system. Never knew it was the brain child of Zik. Such is life. We were given a befitting system of government by the colonial power. Lost due to greed.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2016
rexzqcom:
Learn something from this educative discussion.
Zik is the author of Nigeria intractable problems of today.His unitary government of "one Nigeria", with ambition that him, and his igbo pioneers as pioneering national leaders ended up parcelling and bundling up the nation for the Hausa/fulani today.
Leant earlier that ironsi dictatorship actualized the unitary government system. Never knew it was the brain child of Zik. Such is life. We were given a befitting system of government by the colonial power. Lost due to greed.

Zik's queer and strange preference for unitary system in a multi-ethnic society served as an inspiration to most Igbos and even the coup plotters and Aguyi Ironsi himself. Only Nzeogwu did not buy the crap of unitary system being marketed by Zik and his fellow Igbos cohort. While Aguyi Ironsi and Ojukwu were busy dismantling the federal structure and replacing it with Zik's unitary "one Nigeria", Nzeogwu condemned Ironsi and declared in his post-coup press interview that a confederacy was best for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by akigbemaru: 3:20am On Apr 22, 2016
YORUBAS AND FULANI CLASH IN MILE 12
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) by meccuno: 6:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Deadlytruth:

Zik's queer and strange preference for unitary system in a multi-ethnic society served as an inspiration to most Igbos and even the coup plotters and Aguyi Ironsi himself. Only Nzeogwu did not buy the crap of unitary system being marketed by Zik and his fellow Igbos cohort. While Aguyi Ironsi and Ojukwu were busy dismantling the federal structure and replacing it with Zik's unitary "one Nigeria", Nzeogwu condemned Ironsi and declared in his post-coup press interview that a confederacy was best for Nigeria.
you are obviously intelligent. And I was afraid that your continuous repetition on why zik was not a nationalist and the person who caused the problems of Nigeria only means one thing. That you are yoruba. You consistently emphasised on the premise that all the igbo leaders of that time were all tribalist and bad. You singled out awolowo, ahmadu bello, enahoro etc as nationalist and consistently emphasised that the igbos voted based on preference for the North. My friend, I see through your smoke screen. You want us to believe that the igbos are bad people. With the plan of dominating. I don't know what you plan to achieve with your one sided and biased write up. But I won't blame you. There are people who are more intelligent than you, who would also, with their skill of articulation and strong mastery of information dissemination manipulate people based on what they tend to achieve. It doesn't make what they say true. The blame on the problem of Nigeria has been put on the igbos because of a coup done by different tribes but labelled an igbo coup. These people you accuse and call their leaders names and in a disrespectful manner are well respected by their people. I didn't even need to ask you were you are from because you openly acted in a manner that shows you are yoruba. You defend your people, the hausas and those who share the same ideology with you who basically are not threats Þo you. I am very sure you were not born before 66. What you know wasn't experienced. Its a mixture of what ideology your parents and yoruba society has imparted in you. Some times I wonder why sanusi would say yorubas are the problem of Nigeria and wouldn't be criticised but if its was an igbo that said it, I guess a "thesis" would have been produced telling us how igbos are third class citizens and nstigated the first coup. Sanusi just like you are doing, expressed his views and opinions which might be or not be true. but coming on a public forum to mis inform is what I will not accept. U claim zik was not a nationalist and caused the crises that led to the coup because he imposed and didn't want awo because he wouldn't be easily manipulated is funny. When awo was charged, he was charged with embezzlement of funds and with an intention to over throw the govt. Its called treason. Let's overlook that and fast forward toward his second problem with the government. Were all these caused by zik? Zik wasn't loved by his people the way they loved ojukwu because they felt he represented Nigeria and not the igbo people which these same "nationalist" like bello and awo couldn't do. Remember zik was with the set of nkrumah and other african nationalist then who came back from the states to fight for black emancipation. Would you also call these other africans like nkrumah frauds too? Please do not offend our sensibilities. I am not offended by tribalist on this forum. But I am disturbed by people like you who do not insult tribes but tend to manipulate the minds of gullible people here makes you very dangerous .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations / Polaris, GTB And Access Bank Branches Set Ablaze In Lekki / Video Of Peter Obi’s Son, Gregory Oseloka As An Actor In US Sparks Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.