Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi (635 Views)

Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by OneNaija(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2009
From RoseAnn Chikereuba, Port Harcourt

AS other political office holders struggle to retain their seats in the forthcoming election, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, has declared that he would not contest for second term.

Amaechi said he preferred going back to academics (university) and have peace of mind than continuing in political office.

The governor, who disclosed this yesterday at the Government House, Port Harcourt, during a stakeholders' meeting, said his mission was to develop the state and after that take his rest.

Amaechi, who disclosed that some political office holders tended to do with the aim of being re-elected, declared that Rivers' people should not vote for him if he contested for second term.

The governor, however, maintained that he is determined to ensure total change in the state before he leaves office.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article26//indexn3_html?pdate=150709&ptitle=I%20won%27t%20go%20for%20second%20term,%20says%20Amaechi%20&cpdate=150709
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by blacksta(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2009
Is this man head correct or them don swear for am.
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2009

Amaechi, who disclosed that some political office holders tended to do with the aim of being re-elected, declared that Rivers' people should not vote for him if he contested for second term.

The governor, however, maintained that he is determined to ensure total change in the state before he leaves office.

Let's wait to see what his idea of total change is. grin
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
na today fowl begin grow teeth? grin make we hear word jare! before im leave office make him give account of the 120 billion naira wey dem say im thief.
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by MrCrackles(m): 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2009
OneNaija:

From RoseAnn Chikereuba, Port Harcourt
AS other political office holders struggle to retain their seats in the forthcoming election, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, has declared that he would not contest for second term.
Amaechi said he preferred going back to academics (university) and have peace of mind than continuing in political office.
The governor, who disclosed this yesterday at the Government House, Port Harcourt, during a stakeholders' meeting, said his mission was to develop the state and after that take his rest.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article26//indexn3_html?pdate=150709&ptitle=I%20won%27t%20go%20for%20second%20term,%20says%20Amaechi%20&cpdate=150709

Hahaha
What has he done since?
If they dont vote for him, he will buy the votes as usual. . . . grin
Fingers crossed!
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by TheSeeker(m): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
Obasanjo said the same thing too.
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by ow11(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2009
Politicians have been tested and some drops of blood was found in their lie-stream. When 2011 reach, he will come out and say due to popular demand, I have rescinded my decision to return to the university. . . .Nonsense!
Re: I Won't Go For Second Term, Says Amaechi by sley4life(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2009
Thats a lie. Amaechi is going for 2nd term if possible 3rd term

(1) (Reply)

Isn't It Time To Go Mr President ? / Menace/fear Of Lastma On Eko Bridge & Fashola Brt Bus Drivers / It's Your Right To Control What You Will Suffer From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.