Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff (46116 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? / 16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by mikolo80: 5:34am On Mar 05, 2016
ril19:
I know many contract bankers are enduring a lot. the mere thought that your true salary is being truncated by your contractors is sickening.
what is your true salary? Hehe Nigerian youth think so much of themselves
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by winetapper: 5:39am On Mar 05, 2016
Bookiemart01:
All of these happened and you stayed for 6 years?
I couldn't have stayed more than 1 year.

1 MFB in ibadan tried it with me. They are owned by French guys, they pay 40k to staff and pay uou 0.003% of your target as bonuses.

I fought so hard for a better pay and work conditions but I eventually left them after 7 months (I was part of their pioneer staff members ). I walked the length and breath of Ibadan looking for customers only to be paid 40k salary (34k as total take home because they deduct PAYE and Pension ). The French guys (expatriates) had their kids enrolled in IBADAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (IBS) located in Iyaganku. Those kids pay 500k per term.
That thier 500k per term was more than the my annual salary

Sad thing is my fellow Nigerian youths never liked the fact that I was always against the management. They preferred the half bread those french guys offer them
y.

I just had to resign because I know if I didn't, I'll just end up killing someone.

I offer accounting and bookkeeping services for small businesses i also import goods to sell (I'm planning to start exportation as i just registered my company withat exportat council). I work from home at my pace and I earn good money.

I hate slavery of any type

smiley
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by kingtarget(m): 7:39am On Mar 05, 2016
astephen2:
Some people are paid to type here just to defend the banks. They are also part of the slavery OP is talking about but to them they are doing their job.

They are not happy that the banks are criticised.
#NEY# and #LAZY#
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by dayo8080(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2016
The federal government is to blamed for not enforcing policies on private sector labour laws. Ghana for example made it mandatory for any bank coming to establish itself in Ghana must give full employment to the Ghanaians, even if u work as a cleaner. Many things are wrong in this country, but all can be fixed if we start now one after the other.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by tobaseye: 10:32am On Mar 05, 2016
My fellow Nigeria youths, there are so many issues and problems with our great country, which without doubt it can't be solved by one or five sincere leaders in the midst of many other corrupt leaders. But one thing I still believe is that, we the youth can only make the promised change to come to manifestation of we ask for it. We don't need to wait for election time before we seek and demand for change!
As a citizen I believe the constitution allowed us some rights, why are will not exploring it, why do we always complain without taking action?
We all know that the constitution is faulty and obsolete and full of loophole. it's drafted to protect the rich and punish the poor, drafted to create religious and tribal conflicts among the poor citizens. It is a known fact to everyone that the present constitution can't serve the needs of the present and future generation. And if the foundation be destroyed.......
Why can't we come together as one Nigeria instead of staying apart as a Southern, Northern or Eastern; as a Nigerian and not as a Christian or a Muslim and demand for change of the constitution? Why can't we go on strike and have a peaceful protest for things to work in this country instead of waiting for a corrupt labour leader to lead the protest? Why can will protest to have electricity? Why can't be protest to recall our non performing senators?, why can't we protest to have good roads, good schools, good hospitals etc.
Until the politicians see us serious, they won't take us serious. They have only known us as Nigeria youths that can make noise and abuse one another on social media and not Nigerians that need change.
Let's wake up and demand for our rights! No one will fight for our course if we don't fight for it.
Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by guysis(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
tobaseye:
My fellow Nigeria youths, there are so many issues and problems with our great country, which without doubt it can't be solved by one or five sincere leaders in the midst of many other corrupt leaders. But one thing I still believe is that, we the youth can only make the promised change to come to manifestation of we ask for it. We don't need to wait for election time before we seek and demand for change!
As a citizen I believe the constitution allowed us some rights, why are will not exploring it, why do we always complain without taking action?
We all know that the constitution is faulty and obsolete and full of loophole. it's drafted to protect the rich and punish the poor, drafted to create religious and tribal conflicts among the poor citizens. It is a known fact to everyone that the present constitution can't serve the needs of the present and future generation. And if the foundation be destroyed.......
Why can't we come together as one Nigeria instead of staying apart as a Southern, Northern or Eastern; as a Nigerian and not as a Christian or a Muslim and demand for change of the constitution? Why can't we go on strike and have a peaceful protest for things to work in this country instead of waiting for a corrupt labour leader to lead the protest? Why can will protest to have electricity? Why can't be protest to recall our non performing senators?, why can't we protest to have good roads, good schools, good hospitals etc.
Until the politicians see us serious, they won't take us serious. They have only known us as Nigeria youths that can make noise and abuse one another on social media and not Nigerians that need change.
Let's wake up and demand for our rights! No one will fight for our course if we don't fight for it.
Thanks.
You've said it all bro.We just have to wake from slumber!
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by ademide0710: 12:36am On Mar 06, 2016
Lol...I'm always online,reading comments but hardly.Thanks for going through my profile
Dirkcoyt:

For someone to make you post something with just 13 comments since 2013 then he knows where to strike your nerve, you seem interesting though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can An Industrial Chemistry Graduate Work? / Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.