Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer - Business (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer (146875 Views)

Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos) / Domestic Price Of Palm Oil Declined By 25% In 12 Months To N12,000 / Lake Rice Now Available At N12,000 Per Bag. See Where To Buy Them In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Christafarian(m): 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Christafarian(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
MrRomanticLover:
Hello people. trust you are all doing well. I have a question regarding business names. If I am into self employment as a sole trader and I am using my Official personal names (as written on my international passport/national ID card) to do business, is it correct that I do not need to do any form of business registration?
No law exists to compel you to register your trade or little business, save that you are bound to encounter restrictions with respect to some dealings you may want to venture into, or undertakings you may decide to make.

However, itemized hereunder are the benefits you stand to gain if you register your business:

1. You can open a corporate account with your registered business certificate.
2. Potential customers feel more comfortable paying into a corporate account because they know their money can be traced. And you can open a corporate account with any bank of your choice with a registered business.
3. You can apply for loans and grants when your business is registered.
4. When you register your business, customers trust you because they see you as legit and reliable.
5. Registering your business is the first step to getting your business structured. Without registering your business, you are running a glorified hobby.
6. A registered business can get interns from NYSC.
7. A registered business gives clients confidence that they are dealing with a reputable organization.
8. When your business is registered, even if you are dead or become incapacitated, your business continues especially when you have the right structure in place.
9. A registered business gets easy access to loans and boundless opportunities.
10. You have better access to investors with a registered business as investors look at the business structure first before investing.
11. With a registered business, you can easily obtain a visa and travel to any country for business purposes and conferences.

Hope this helps.

ARK & MILLS PARTNERS
Ajami Plaza, Area 3, Garki, Abuja

2 Likes

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
MrRomanticLover:
Hello people. trust you are all doing well. I have a question regarding business names. If I am into self employment as a sole trader and I am using my Official personal names (as written on my international passport/national ID card) to do business, is it correct that I do not need to do any form of business registration?

In as much as registering or incorporating one’s business (es) is very advisable, it is important to highlights some liabilities and responsibilities for company promoters –proprietors, directors and shareholders. Incorporating one's business is a personal and collective decision.

According to Nigerian corporate laws, they include the following:
1. Annual Returns: This is a mandatory filing of the company’s financial statement to the Commission –CAC – on a yearly basis. For a Limited Liability Company, it is eighteen – 18 - months after incorporation, while a Business Name is the preceding year after registration.
2. VAT Filings: With the newly enacted 2019 Finance Act, now both Business Names and Limited Liability Companies with less than twenty-five million -25,000,000- share capital are of equal tax status. Though, a welcome idea, companies within this above mentioned category will have to monthly file their VAT –Value Added Tax – which is now 7.5% of the company’s sales or turnover. Note: VAT is to be filed six month after commencement of business or operation.
3. CIT Filing: Companies above twenty-five million – 25,000,000 - share capital are not exempted from filing Company Income Tax. This is a yearly tax charged on the profit of the company. Based on the new Finance Act of 2019, the capital base of the company determines the percentage the company is to filing to the revenue services.
4. PIT: Personal Income Tax is also a major tax that a company promoter must consider when delving into company formation. This is within the jurisdiction of the State revenue service unless in FCT Abuja, which is under the FIRS jurisdiction. It is majorly determine by the income of the workforce. It is also known as PAYE –Pay As You Earn. This is commonly deducted from the employee’s salary.
5. Keeping of Company’s Financial Books: This is a major and essential responsibility of a company. The financial books must be up-to-date and daily management and financial records must be kept.

Others includes Pension scheme, social insurance, and industrial training of workforce; appointment of secretary –very important in a Public Company; appointment of auditors and tax consultants; conducting annual general meetings; notifying the Commission of changes in the structure of the company; keeping of register of the directors and shareholders of the company etc.

Note: For a sole proprietor or a small business, section 1, 2 and 5 is very mandatory to have a healthy and standard operation.
This is not to discourage people from registering or incorporating a company, but it is imperative that company promoters understand that owning and operating a company comes with responsibilities and there are liabilities that must be fulfilled, as this help to make the chain of business to progress accordingly.

With over 400 companies registered in the last two years and over 900 companies registered in 6 years as CAC Accredited Firm, with vase taxation experience in TCC Application, VAT/CIT Filings as a Chartered Tax Consultancy, over 70 trademarks registered as an IPON Accredited Firm, several NEPC, NIPC, NAFDAC, EFCC SCUML, and other relevant corporate registration.

Gomez Corporate Consult LTD is a duly registered legal firm with RC 1450990; it is a corporate registration firm which embodies experienced corporate professionals like lawyers, chartered secretaries, chartered accountants & tax consultants which are saddled with the responsibility of assisting company promoters, clients & emerging SMEs residing within Nigeria, in Diaspora and foreign nationals with all relevant corporate registrations.

We assisted clients/ promoters in the following areas:
1. Company Registration (Business Name & Partnership)
2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
3. Incorporated Trustees (Foundation, NGO, Club, Church, Initiative, etc)
4. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patents, Specialized Designs)
5. Taxation (TIN Application, TCC Application, CIT Filings, VAT Filings, etc)
6. EFCC SCUML Application
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration
9. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart, etc)
10. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search, etc)
11. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fee).

Some of our services at an affordable cost:
Business Name Registration: N25,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N60,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for a public opinion after the newspaper publications).

Note, Free delivery of certificate and certified documents for all clients and company promoters in Nigeria.

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com now.

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Good evening, i submitted my application for company registration since 11am since Monday, i have not received any notice since then, just approval pending , hope no problem, I heard it takes 2-5 days to get approval or query so to speak. Any information?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
hayzed89:
Good evening, i submitted my application for company registration since 11am since Monday, i have not received any notice since then, just approval pending , hope no problem, I heard it takes 2-5 days to get approval or query so to speak. Any information?

What you are experiencing is general, its general knowledge that the Commission -CAC- had some operational changes and restructioning. This changes comes with new ways of doing things and sometimes delays. I filed several applications two weeks ago, i got some on Friday and i am still expecting to get feedback from them on others. You just have to be patient, this is post-COVID 19 period and always do well to check their website for updates. That will always help.

With over 400 companies registered in the last two years and over 900 companies registered in 6 years as CAC Accredited Firm, with vase taxation experience in TCC Application, VAT/CIT Filings as a Chartered Tax Consultancy, over 70 trademarks registered as an IPON Accredited Firm, several NEPC, NIPC, NAFDAC, EFCC SCUML, and other relevant corporate registration.

Gomez Corporate Consult LTD is a duly registered legal firm with RC 1450990; it is a corporate registration firm which embodies experienced corporate professionals like lawyers, chartered secretaries, chartered accountants & tax consultants which are saddled with the responsibility of assisting company promoters, clients & emerging SMEs residing within Nigeria, in Diaspora and foreign nationals with all relevant corporate registrations.

2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration
9. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart, etc)
11. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fee).

Business Name Registration: N25,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N60,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for a public opinion after the newspaper publications).

Note, Free delivery of certificate and certified documents for all clients and company promoters in Nigeria.

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com now.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by chelseamann(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
I have a question.
If my business name is;
"aaa system & Technology".
Searching online and I discovered that there is another registered "aaa System & Technology" but in another country. Is it wise to proceed with the registration?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by topaaz(m): 5:12am On Sep 29, 2020
I made a mistake in entering my proprietor details and I need to rectify it. Please, how do I go about it?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
chelseamann:
I have a question.
If my business name is;
"aaa system & Technology".
Searching online and I discovered that there is another registered "aaa System & Technology" but in another country. Is it wise to proceed with the registration?

As long as the said company name is not registered in Nigeria under CAC and any other trademark name, then you can proceed. Every law is domiciled within a nation - with exception to international laws, charters and bilateral agreement. You can try the proposed company name, it is CAC that have the power to accept or reject a proposed company name.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
topaaz:
I made a mistake in entering my proprietor details and I need to rectify it. Please, how do I go about it?

As long as the application have been queried, the portal is open for you to make corrections. If it is not working, then you will have to communicate with CAC directly about this.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by chelseamann(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
DeConsultant:

As long as the said company name is not registered in Nigeria under CAC and any other trademark name, then you can proceed. Every law is domiciled within a nation - with exception to international laws, charters and bilateral agreement. You can try the proposed company name, it is CAC that have the power to accept or reject a proposed company name.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Thanks for your reply
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Liadi2(m): 3:43am On Sep 30, 2020
codesport:
yeah.... you're welcome. I hope you properly coverted the documents to PDF and merged the necessary documents e.g. 2 payments receipts before upload?...Now do check time to time for necessary action(s)/ step to take. The moment the processing here changes to approved then chill till your number will be given.
Please i need your assistance to help me do a review on a document I uploaded please i need your mobile number. Email Biodunayodele68@gmail.com
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DankemzI(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Liadi2:

Don't bother yourself sir
please enlighten me, as I'm in the process too
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by joe10: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Liadi2(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Please which part will I attach the approval note is part of the application or part BN for please i clarification on this
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Tambotec: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP

My name is Julius Abidoye and i am the CEO of Tambo Electronics Limited.
Tambo Electronics is a limited liability company. The company was registered in 2016 by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC. RC-1319968).
Our area of business includes the sale of electronics, household appliances, Mobile phones, Tablets and much more. We sell
both online and offline.
Our website: www.tambotec.com.ng is a registered trademark of Tambo
Electronics Limited and has been online since 2017.
Our company maintains cash before delivery policy, which means that customers have to pay before the product is shipped to them. But at the moment, we are constrained by inadequate cash and are unable to re-stock and meet growing demand.
Our growing demand requires a pay on delivery service. The response we got from our potential customers confirms that majority of them wants a pay on delivery service before they can patronize us. The lack of pay on delivery service, as a result of insufficient funds has made us to
lose most of our market share to other competitors.
Based on the forgoing, we are looking for business partners who can invest into our business to enable us have sufficient capital to meet up with demand.
Our business partnership proposal will be available on request.
Interested organization or individuals can contact us on our email tamboelectronicslimited@gmail.com or contact us on WhatsApp 07014094614 for further discussion.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2020
chelseamann:
Thanks for your reply

You welcome.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good afternoon, I got a query from cac to upload the cac receipt which I forget to upload that day, I uploaded the normal 17k receipt. So how do upload the cac receipt into the portal or do I need to start uploading the PDF from the start again or how can I upload the only receipt , thanks
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good afternoon, is it a must to merge the two receipts together, what about uploading the payment receipt on the PDF format only, won't it be approved?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by akseph1: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Liadi2:

No need
Please how do I fill the form?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
hayzed89:
Good afternoon, I got a query from cac to upload the cac receipt which I forget to upload that day, I uploaded the normal 17k receipt. So how do upload the cac receipt into the portal or do I need to start uploading the PDF from the start again or how can I upload the only receipt , thanks

As long as you have uploaded the other documents previously, then all you need to work on is the query raised by CAC - payment receipt. All you have to do is to upload the CAC payment receipt and submit.

With over 350 companies registered in the last two years and over 850 companies registered in 6 years as CAC Accredited Firm, with vase taxation experience in TCC Application, VAT/CIT Filings as a Chartered Tax Consultancy, over 70 trademarks registered as an IPON Accredited Firm, several NEPC, NIPC, NAFDAC, EFCC SCUML, and other relevant corporate registration.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Below are some of this week despatchs. GCCL.....the help that counts.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Oluwabeejhay: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
Christafarian:

hello dont know if you can help to interprete this or any one . i am registering my business name gotten to the last stage but then i got the query below
"

Dear Bleep,

Your Company Registration application for XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has been queried. Find below the reason for query.

Reason
1- upload APPROVED av
Yours faithfully,

Corporate Affairs Commission"

I ll be glad if any one can help me wiht the "approved av" meaning thanks

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Bejusttoall: 1:18am On Oct 10, 2020
Ease yourself from the stress of registering your business name with CAC, let us help you at an affordable cost.
Full payment when the certificate is out
Dm me
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by dantese(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
Please i need assistance I registered my company business name and have the certificate but my first name was used as surname how can i change it and how much. Can i do it myself
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by joe10: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by solidmyk(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2020
joe10:
TAKE N DELIVER LOGISTICS is a duly registered firm with RC 3197083, our services include;

DELIVERY
We can help you with your pickup and delivery of food, groceries, livestock, phones, goods etc within lagos and ogun states. We can also assist you to clear your mini imported goods from your China, US, Turkey, UK, Canada shipping company in lagos and waybill to your state of residence in Nigeria at affordable prices.

VEHICLE/TRUCK/MOTORCYCLE PAPERS
We do vehicle, truck and bike insurance and licenses renewal such as:
Insurance renewal (3rd party or comprehensive)
Road worthiness
Hackney permit
Vehicle/Truck/Bike licenses
Driving license
Emblems for motorcycles
MOT and Autovin papers for your dispatch bikes
Rider's card for dispatchers
We do free delivery of these documents to your destination.

INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT PROCESSING
We can help to process your international passport without stress and hassles. We can get your international passport ready within days.

BUSINESS/COMPANY/NAFDAC/NEPC REGISTRATION
We assist clients / promoters in the following areas:
5. NAFDAC Registration
6. NEPC Registration
7. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart, etc)
8. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search, etc)
9. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fee).
Our services are efficient and affordable.
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N55,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N110,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for a public opinion after the newspaper publications).
Call: 07065790724, 08083805944. WhatsApp link http:///2347065790724
So its 25k laslas or Mk we bargain for WhatsApp ni?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by bamangar: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2020
Kudos..
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by KemoSabe: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
hello people. Thanks to Deconsultant and all who have contributed to this.
Started this process on 1st Oct, paid just twice #663.94 & #10,215 debited.
uploaded (4) things: the business name approval, the 10K payment receipt, form and ID.
got queried twice on the form. Twice I edited online, twice I deleted, then redownloaded filled and uploaded the form. Clicked SUBMIT each time.
On mon, my RC number came out. I've been asked to wait for a courier call for pickup of certificate.
Question is how long will I wait?...any Abuja experienced peeps?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
Good afternoon, since October 5, I have attached the cac receipt as that was the only query issued, which I have done and attached, since then have not heard anything again, does it take that long to approve ni.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
KemoSabe:
hello people. Thanks to Deconsultant and all who have contributed to this.
Started this process on 1st Oct, paid just twice #663.94 & #10,215 debited.
uploaded (4) things: the business name approval, the 10K payment receipt, form and ID.
got queried twice on the form. Twice I edited online, twice I deleted, then redownloaded filled and uploaded the form. Clicked SUBMIT each time.
On mon, my RC number came out. I've been asked to wait for a courier call for pickup of certificate.
Question is how long will I wait?...any Abuja experienced peeps?

You welcome. For the collection of your certificate, you will be getting a text message from any of the CAC designated courier companies. Just stay glue to the phone number you used on your company application, that is the medium you will be getting the text. As per the waiting period it will not take long.

With over 350 companies registered in the last two years and over 850 companies registered in 6 years as CAC Accredited Firm, with vase taxation experience in TCC Application, VAT/CIT Filings as a Chartered Tax Consultancy, over 70 trademarks registered as an IPON Accredited Firm, several NEPC, NIPC, NAFDAC, EFCC SCUML, and other relevant corporate registration.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
hayzed89:
Good afternoon, since October 5, I have attached the cac receipt as that was the only query issued, which I have done and attached, since then have not heard anything again, does it take that long to approve ni.

You just have to be very patient, your pickup state matters as that will determine how quick feedback will be sent. As long as you have done the needful by responding to the raised query, then you are good to go.

7. NAFDAC Registration
8. NEPC Registration

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
Good afternoon, since October 5, I have attached the cac receipt as that was the only query issued, which I have done and attached, since then have not heard anything again, does it take that long to approve ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (44) (Reply)

How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting / Please Convert This US Shoe Sizes To Nigerian Shoe Sizes / How Bet9ja Ruined My Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.