Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,647 members, 7,854,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. (15985 Views)

Oguntoye, Overall Best In NDA 60RC Killed By Boko Haram (Photos) / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal / Defense Academy Reacts To The Video Of Female Army Cadet Beating A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 05, 2016
BlackBaron:
Planting is just a useless form of institutionalised torture. It has no usefulness or functionality in combat, psyching, mental forebearance or whatnot.

Training regimes that actually matter are ignored in favour of this... Look up other armies, their training doctrines are far more better suited to developing quality soldiers than this method here.

Before you attack me, I have planted, gotten drilled, jogged and the whole shebang.
If it truly served no purpose then the military would have discarded it a long time ago. They strengthen the whole body as a unit from head to toe, read up the benefits of headstands. The Wikipedia article on the subject shows an athlete performing it highlighting it's advantage in athletic performance.

The fact it's used mostly as punishment does not mean that's the only purpose; press-ups can get argued the same way since that's the major form of punishment in the military.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by BadBullet(m): 5:10am On Mar 05, 2016
Dreambeat:
shocked Is this how they are trained in other parts of the world?This is torture and dehumanizing to say the least
watch u.s army training you will kno dis is a joke compared to that
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by VocalWalls: 8:19am On Mar 05, 2016
obailala:

'Planting' is very standard military procedure during training. Every single soldier you see, ranging from the Privates to 4-star Generals have done this. If you can't take the heat, voluntarily leave the freaking kitchen.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/153355_NDA_5_jpgaab89951bd3c9b48f1285dc7362dcb37
www.nairaland.com/attachments/153347_NDA_1_jpga1f46a428339049f5c835a7d191b6260
www.nairaland.com/attachments/706055_punishment_jpgf4e16cdd4c1785954cea7b24a2b39750
www.nairaland.com/attachments/153348_NDA_2_jpg98fe12b8614a7d354e93537581d35387

No! This wasn't a training... This was some illegit punishment and they went the extra length...
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by VocalWalls: 8:21am On Mar 05, 2016
BadBullet:

watch u.s army training you will kno dis is a joke compared to that

Please don't say what you don't know...

The US training is designed to give you morale and toughen you up...

This one wasn't about that... It's a total abuse.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by mindtricks: 8:47am On Mar 05, 2016
BlackBaron:
Planting is just a useless form of institutionalised torture. It has no usefulness or functionality in combat, psyching, mental forebearance or whatnot.

Training regimes that actually matter are ignored in favour of this... Look up other armies, their training doctrines are far more better suited to developing quality soldiers than this method here.

Before you attack me, I have planted, gotten drilled, jogged and the whole shebang.
Real talk. But I don't think the intent of this was to dehumanize like many here believe.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by kuuljay(m): 9:02am On Mar 05, 2016
mindtricks:

Real talk. But I don't think the intent of this was to dehumanize like many here believe.
c military trainig
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by BlackBaron: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2016
mindtricks:

More or less did this as a form of punishment from senior students then when you erred.
charix:

The fact it's used mostly as punishment does not mean that's the only purpose; press-ups can get argued the same way since that's the major form of punishment in the military.
Press ups are good for conditioning and physique.
I'll like you to list the military benefits of planting.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by kuuljay(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2016
mindtricks:

military training will always be offensive to civilians, they are trained to toughen them and withstand torture every soldier goes through it,tell me what will happen if a general is captured in battle and they want to extract info from him or her... how do you train a soldier to withstand torture without a dose of the torture itself.we are just quick to compare everything Nigerian to other countries because of what we see in movies.extreme torture is part of military training countries like Russia does worse
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2016
dayowunmi:
The US navy seals go through worse, part of their training involves being tied in a hostage situation for 3 days without food and water, then try to even drown them during training as well just to toughen them. What do you think they do at military training schools? Just push ups and maybe jogging? Lolz. Military is not for the lily livered. If you can't handle all these then it's not impossible an ordinary area boy floors you in a combat isn't it.
Keep your focus on your archaic Army and don't bring the U.S Marines into this crap. We don't dehumanize, that's for sure. Speak on what you know.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:48am On Mar 05, 2016
AgreatMan:
I think most people are angry because the girl is covered in mud. The mud is actually very beneficial as it provides a desirable camouflage when rubbed on the skin. Also, if you'll have to spend time in the jungle without a mosquito net, just fetch some mud and rub it all over ur skin and thank me from saving u
I am still looking for what is wrong with this video though. Those guys clearly did not sexually molest the cadet ( I didn't see any touching what so ever). They did not use the stick on her. Verbal abuse was not really there.
sexual molestation-zero.
physical abuse-zero
Verbal abuse-minimal.
So what else do you want? Ask her to do 300 push-ups, no way.

I read some comments by some people that they will rather go and train as a soldier abroad and I just chuckle. If you have seen where they are drilling US army, especially those marine guys. They will drill the civilian outta ur blood. We Africans often feel we have a monopoly of barbarism. Even FBI guys with all their suit and all no well at all, those guys can match the physical skills of the average marine and they have the brains of a "senior advocate of Nigeria".

Go hard or go home. ladies, you can't hide from everything n you certainly can't "sleep" ur way through everything.
"Verbal abuse wasn't really there", but she was called a "Bas*tard" and other unprintable names in the beginning (at which point I stopped watching)?

You're just a beast like most of your country men.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by EmmySparky(m): 10:05am On Mar 05, 2016
And after all this planting and harvesting....ordinary boko haram...a group of uncivilized human beings would floor them...nonsense
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2016
BlackBaron:

More or less did this as a form of punishment from senior students then when you erred.
Press ups are good for conditioning and physique.
Google is your friend. The english name is 'headstand'.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by dayowunmi(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Keep your focus on your archaic Army and don't bring the U.S Marines into this crap. We don't dehumanize, that's for sure. Speak on what you know.
And who are you? A US marine? Common sense teaches that a soldier in the course of his duty may have to face some unsavoury situation in the effort to combat crime. Eg the soldiers sent to borno to combat boko haram, at times there won't be the luxury of a camp to sleep, how do you cope when all your training is just jogging and push ups, some might be taken captive by terrorists, how do they cope without easily divulging the secret of their nation if they have not been trained to withstand hostage situations, soldiers sent to rescue victims of cyclone or earthquakes nko? They have to swim through mud and wreckage, how do they cope? You must be a joker for claiming US marine does not dehumanize, what sort of training do they get then? Just shooting practice, map reading and maybe jogging only abi, lolz. You may decide to educate yourself with some of the revealed training procedure for Us marines
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Special_Forces_selection_and_training
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by dayowunmi(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2016
VocalWalls:

Please don't say what you don't know...

The US training is designed to give you morale and toughen you up...

This one wasn't about that... It's a total abuse.
Lolz, you are really funny, US military training is to toughen you and Nigeria's military training is to abuse you, what's the difference between abuse and toughening in military training? No difference Bro. US marines goes through worse drilling, being a soldier is no small task, the trainings are gruesome and tasking, cadets in US marine training do develop post traumatic stress disorder at times as a result of the hard trainings, and they are sent home or posted to non combat divisions within the army. You really need to read and study on Military training procedures. Even ordinary Man o war does some of these procedures.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Koleman(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
dayowunmi:
The US navy seals go through worse, part of their training involves being tied in a hostage situation for 3 days without food and water, then try to even drown them during training as well just to toughen them. What do you think they do at military training schools? Just push ups and maybe jogging? Lolz. Military is not for the lily livered. If you can't handle all these then it's not impossible an ordinary area boy floors you in a combat isn't it.
dont mind the myopic ones making useless comments. Nobody forces anyone to join the army. And you can quit at anytime.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
dayowunmi:

And who are you? A US marine? Common sense teaches that a soldier in the course of his duty may have to face some unsavoury situation in the effort to combat crime. Eg the soldiers sent to borno to combat boko haram, at times there won't be the luxury of a camp to sleep, how do you cope when all your training is just jogging and push ups, some might be taken captive by terrorists, how do they cope without easily divulging the secret of their nation if they have not been trained to withstand hostage situations, soldiers sent to rescue victims of cyclone or earthquakes nko? They have to swim through mud and wreckage, how do they cope? You must be a joker for claiming US marine does not dehumanize, what sort of training do they get then? Just shooting practice, map reading and maybe jogging only abi, lolz. You may decide to educate yourself with some of the revealed training procedure for Us marines
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Special_Forces_selection_and_training
You're African, You wouldn't understand.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by JuanDeDios: 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
pacino26:
Somwady is filantin while som fipu are think she is crazy ni. Let me tell you in Zaria fa so many tins are allowed.

That been said, I think training and torture follows the military tradition. Train your mind and torture your body to withstand torture. The thing is, unlike in the civilized worlds our criminals are not civilized to torture you and then release you later to get some medals for being brave and swift; they just take off your head.

The NDA should spend much time to fine tune civil discipline into cadets and not make them animals without conscience cuz this their 'bloody civilian' mentality becomes a big divide. They should be taught that true duty is to protect a life and not punish at the slightest provocation.

I dint if my officer friends can even be in a protective detail without losing their cool before nursery sch pupils that will want to throw simple chalks at their principals.

Someone said the FBI, yes they keep their cool and don't go trigger happy or tell the next man that he's a civilian and so should be a lesser human.

Training ni, filanting fa!
Bolded should be enlarged, framed and hung in every military office and institution in Nigeria.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by BlackBaron: 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
charix:

Google is your friend. The english name is 'headstand'.
All I read is a bunch of yoga and pseudoscience.
You're the one wanting to prove a point to me. So please, I'm all ears.

As it is, this is very far from developing mental conditioning.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by IPOB123london: 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
this goes to u ;seun, moderator and the yoruba

yall can burn una nl but

less assured

we will eventually say bye bye

take ur yeye country with u

nonesense
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
BlackBaron:

All I read is a bunch of yoga and pseudoscience.
All you did was a search entry and glanced through results without further research.

You're the one wanting to prove a point to me. So please, I'm all ears.
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_stand
Let me just quote that since its a small article
Wikipedia: The head stand is a pose that is an inversion posture of standing head down. The technique is used in different settings such as yoga, breakdancing and beginner gymnastics.
Pictures are in the link.

Benefits
http://www.gyanunlimited.com/health/15-wonder-benefits-of-headstand-yoga-pose-sirsasana-for-hair-skin-and-health/10489/
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5501/10-Reasons-to-Do-a-Headstand-Every-Day.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/526688-benefits-of-headstands/
http://www.theplaidzebra.com/health-benefits-of-doing-a-headstand/

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ABXH_UP06M
[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM6wEC1_YoQ[/url]
[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvQTyHE2c5M[/url] Even Mike Tyson was a huge practitioner. I'd do anything a former champion advocates.
[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWd6vtFDlVo[/url]

As it is, this is very far from developing mental conditioning.
Physical. Physical conditioning. However you're right to an extent; physical conditioning leads to mental benefits.

Happy studying. Anything unnecessary would've gotten dropped a long time ago.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Fanirandele: 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Those saying it's part of training, that is not a training environment. There are rules when training unlike that, that's just a group of men bullying a junior female colleague. When asking he about her Fiance, is that part of a professional training environment
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Nelkoko: 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
55 REGULAR
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by AZeD1(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
BlackBaron:

Try being a prisoner of war, you might just see the benefit.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by BlackBaron: 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
charix:
I hope you know that Tyson used it for strong neck muscles which is important in boxing else you'd get ko'ed on your feet.
In the context of what is shown in that video, plainly planting with your arms behind your back and... in the air would give you no benefits of physical conditioning. Like said, I've done planting loads of times, it was always a punishment routine whilst I was a student.

Also research into neck injuries whilst doing headstands like this and people who have died. Few students passed out doing this!
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
BlackBaron:

I hope you know that Tyson used it for strong neck muscles which is important in boxing else you'd get ko'ed on your feet.
With every response you make this earlier statement impossible to believe.
Anybody who performs an exercise regularly can tell eventually when the physical benefits start taking place.

Planting is just a useless form of institutionalised torture. It has no usefulness or
functionality in combat, psyching, mental forebearance or whatnot.
On one hand you say it does nothing, on another you say its useful for boxing. Make up your mind. If it works for a boxer why can't an average individual perform the same and reap benefits?

In the context of what is shown in that video, plainly planting with your arms behind your back and... in the air would give you no benefits of physical conditioning.
NMS boys I've met in life always reminisce of their school days doing pushups as punishments. They said they hated every minute but remember being able to perform them in hundreds after a while. None of them could perform up to fifty a few years later of inactivity and heavy drinking. That it was always used as a punishment does not mean it did not train them otherwise.

Like said, I've done planting loads of times
I'm beginning to heavily doubt this.

it was always a punishment routine whilst I was a student.
Another poster mentioned here that during his days in NMS boys learned to plant for close to an hour or two. How did they build up to the feat? Planting regularly.
He also mentioned jogging for eight hours straight with pursuers egging him on. He sounded more believable than your unnecessary argument.

Also research into neck injuries whilst doing headstands like this and people who have died.
Every exercise on earth carries a degree of injury, even the simple situp. The majority of individuals with herniated discs are... surprise, surprise... sedentary folks, not athletes. Still does not make it any less an athletic injury.

Few students passed out doing this!
Corp members also pass out from standing too long. I guess your argument puts standing for long hours and headstands under the same category.

This is my last response since I've noticed proof after proof has refused to change your view. Read up the other responses of people who actually went through military training, hopefully you'd find the answer you seek there. For me, I'm beginning to talk in circles; an unproductive method of persuasion.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
Two weeks later, I've finally watched American sniper and now understand all the curses rained in the video. The same people complaining about this video must've laughed through the training scenes in that movie.
The purpose of raining curses especially personal ones are to train the soldier/athlete/individual to use the built up hate and anger as fuel for the task at hand. Everybody has a sense of self-worth and are prone to aggression when that sense is threatened either through curses or confrontations. Rather than lashing out, these soldiers are trained to use them as motivation. Remember in the movie during training the recruits were cursed, abused and even made to face the elements to harden their minds against adversity.

Another example of this is US prisons where some inmates use their hatred for living conditions and nasty attitudes of some officers as fuel to do ungodly amounts of push-ups, the convicts come out healthier for their efforts. Others who finally act on impulse find out those pushups make them extremely strong they're able to beat offending officers and fellow inmates to a pulp using minimal effort.
Re: Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA. by meobizy(f): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2021
I remember this thread like yesterday. Good times. This forum is not the way forward in any means. When someone is in the zone gathering knowledge, the 5p4m b0T quickly ends the person’s train of thought. It cements my opinion that this forum is not aimed at knowledge building. If anything it fuels ignorance deeper into the masses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Meets The Screened Ambassadorial Nominees (photos) / Yahaya Bello's Supporters Stage Anti-Dino Melaye Protests In Ijumu (Pics) / Former Militant, Boyloaf, Becomes Presidential Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.