Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Can Nigerian Men Cook? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Nigerian Men Cook? (13357 Views)

How To Cook Noodles That Everyone Will Want To Eat / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Macutie(f): 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2007
I used to think they couldnt till i met someone!

This guy IS a great cook!
U should taste his meals, U go trip!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Imani(f): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2007
We need more Nigerian guys to get off their backsides and cook for girlfriends/wives for a chnage.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by yewaman1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
Like Seun said, let's not generalize. since he can only cook
Indomie and beans. I can do maggic in the kitchen, am very
comfortable there.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by PTBNaija(f): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
My dad can cook. . .and he cooks very well grin
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Imani(f): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2007
PTBNaija:

My dad can cook. . .and he cooks very well grin

That's what my dad says grin except he means barbecue stuff shocked that doesnt require using staying in the kitchen for too long.  angry

My sweetheart claims he can cook but i was reliably informed he used the detergent powder "omo" to wash rice as it was "dirty" when he attempted to cook. Thank God for his mum who saved the day and saved everyone from food poisoning shocked He has since been "catered" for by the female folk.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by PTBNaija(f): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
Oh no. . .my dad can cook Nigerian food. . .well at least the soups. I don't ever recall him being the one to cook the moin-moin. But he did cook the kind that's made from plaintain, my mouth is watering just thinking about it lol.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Gamine(f): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2007
hmm

My husband, he better know how to cook smiley

i cant afford to be cookin EVERYtime na, haba! wink
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2007
aint that the truth
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2007
I think PTBNaija and I have the same father tongue
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ssRhino: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2007
I can cook almost anything, thanx to my ex-gf, she thot me how to cook, be4 i met her all i cook and eat was noodles, how sad, thanx to my father that beleives that Men dont go to the kitchen, Now i am the best cook ever
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ssRhino: 12:05am On Aug 24, 2007
@ Imani, that is a funny one, infact, i will use that as a joke from today, using a detergent to wash rice, hope u didnt laff at hom though, cos that might make him to lose interest in cooking, just encourage him and he will be better
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:14am On Aug 24, 2007
Never dealt with any that did not know how to. Always part of the screening process! You get tired of eating your own food for heaven's sake! shocked
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ssRhino: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2007
Babeelove, when u tired of your own food, eat out in a nice restaurant tongue
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Njoy1(f): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2007
Most Nigerian men can cook, especially when they come over here.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by BABEELOVE(f): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2007
$$Rhino:

Babeelove, when u tired of your own food, eat out in a nice restaurant tongue

Why shocked  When I can get a bobo in the house that can cook  No way oh!----Sorry!  The bobo must know how to cook---if not, no deal!!!! angry
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ssRhino: 4:54am On Aug 25, 2007
babeelove, what if the man pretends to know how to cook so well, and act so well, only to know after wedding that he is just a disaster in da kitchen grin
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2007
$$Rhino:

babeelove, what if the man pretends to know how to cook so well, and act so well, only to know after wedding that he is just a disaster in da kitchen grin

How can one pretend to cook so well? It takes less than a month to find that out. Then I will teach him, if he is interested in learning--like I did the "less" perfect ones!!!!! As for after wedding disasters---You can never escape that.  People change you know. Not till you are almost in the grave will you know sho you are married to.  Sometimes, you may never even know--world is full of surprises----you roll with the punches.  Prepare yourself for the sweetest but bumpiest ride in your life. kiss By your above statement--I am assuming you are not married.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ursie(f): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2007
yea. i'd met som very good cooks n i've also met a very lazy broke ass
guys can b good in d kitchen but some jst wan to be served not minding d stress of jst returning frm wrk. only 2 sit on their lazy cock n voraciously dump carefully made dishes into their mouth.
sory if u r one
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Bosdem(f): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2007
Y not, mine cook really good
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by A40(m): 2:19am On Sep 16, 2007
Better than the women of course
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by mailmalc(m): 2:45am On Sep 16, 2007
nt really
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Mustay(m): 5:28am On Sep 17, 2007
we can cook e'thing.

only deficient in 'soupS' making sha.

but no gal can damn me in that aspect or punish me 4 food.

D I Y do it yourself
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2007
sure they can cook: they can burn water, lol, joking
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Mustay(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2007
we do the hard work
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2007
hard work, like?
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Mustay(m): 4:57am On Sep 24, 2007
the pounding na cheesy
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2007
lol, pls dnt tell me u mean what am thinking, wink
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by obedz(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2007
sorry o my people, but will u consider the boiling of water a cooking cos am very very very very very good at that
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 24, 2007
then i feel sorry for ur ass, because we village girls dnt like a man that can't cook, tongue
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by obedz(m): 11:53pm On Sep 24, 2007
in tat case, we share it 50/50, i do the boiling of water which is the difficult part, and the wife take care of the remaining which is very easy. Pretty romantic uh? undecided
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2007
u and who?
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by obedz(m): 12:01am On Sep 25, 2007
who do u think ?? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Lick Your Plate/soup After Eating ? Pics / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks / Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.