Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Can Nigerian Men Cook? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Nigerian Men Cook? (13359 Views)

How To Cook Noodles That Everyone Will Want To Eat / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Frizy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
My dad is a great cook, my uncle cooks perfectly. There is nothing I can't cook. Anything Yoruba just name. cool
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by denony(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2009
For me i can compete with any woman in cooking
i can cook any kind of food, i can even pound fufu wink

at times my mum ask me cook as she likes the taste of my food
and i will do it cos am the last ,
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Pepeye(f): 4:13pm On May 13, 2009
Some make the best chef
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Ladytemi(f): 4:35pm On May 15, 2009
My dad is an excellent cook.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by tommy2k2(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2009
as for me, i think im the best cook in naija (im not braging) cuz i used to cook for my elder bro b4 he traveld out,even when his girlfriend is at home, he would always want me to cook for him, and when he traveld he do call and tell me dat he miss ma food, so i no am a good cook
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 27, 2009
Unless that Nigerian guy went to a skool, and was thot how to cook, he can't cook! You might argue but not all women go to skools, and yet they whip up stuff just from watching mum. Reason is, some things come naturally to some sexes, and cooking does not come naturally to guys. I'm sure it's an accomplishment for a guy to look at a picture of cooked rice and have his version look similar, lets not even go to whether it tastes as it shud. There are the odd exceptions, but the norm is that most can't and aren't bothered to learn how to cook.

I knew a guy who used to brag that he could cook. I thot,'gr8'. Goodness me!  what this guy did to veggies should be a crime.  All nutrients gone!!! I had to eat something so he wouldn't feel bad, but i couldn't punish my tummy when he suggested i take more.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by kok(m): 2:15am On Jun 27, 2009
What an insult!!! any guy that doesnt know how to cook falls among the lazy class, not a guy like me. I cook better than most ladies on nairaland grin angry
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Kelvinj(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2009
@ezinne
Guez u eat d wrong guyz food. Talk abt wat comes natural, cookn isnt amongest. U want 2 tel me dat as a lady cookn is inbuilt in u? Datz a big lie. Any1 who puts interest will learn. As 4 me am gud tanx 2 ma papi. Surprised, he taught me.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by einformat: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
yes of course,forasmuch you are willing to learn and give your time.personally i was taught to prepare diff delicases by my mum.however i can stand to tell nairalanders that i can cook series of dishes coutesy of my mum.and if it happens that you want to lean,try and confide in either your mum,girlfriend,sister or consult a caterer and pay a token.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by tpiah: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
@ topic

lot of them cant.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
I've always been a dab hand at cooking - so never had to rely on a woman to eat good food, as opposed to some single guys that either live on fast food, or badly-prepared home cooking.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Gabry(f): 6:09am On Jul 02, 2009
@topic,

Of course they can. My bf and my housemates are all Nigerians and they can cook!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by presido1: 9:08am On Jul 03, 2009
Y not i myself can do it. Ma only problem is many atimes i forget the food and only remember when the pot is burning.
Otherwise i am a good chef.

Pls how can somebody cook jellof rice without the food burning?.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by skfa1: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2009
I can only boil egg grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by clomn(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2009
I CAN COOK VERY WELL BUT I DON'T ENJOY IT WHEN THERE IS A WOMAN IN THE HOUSE. angry
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2009
clomn:

I CAN COOK VERY WELL BUT I DON'T ENJOY IT WHEN THERE IS A WOMAN IN THE HOUSE. angry

I'd question your response on here, but I already know what you'll say in response to any query.

And that's a matter for another thread.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2009
why even bother with such boneheads, Siena
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

why even bother with such boneheads, Siena

Aye, TOH. We live in sad times.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Atreus(f): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2009
Here are the things i can do in the kitchen:
Boil water.
Make bran flakes.
Cook indomie/spaghetti.
Warm soup/stew.
Cook white and jollof rice.
Make eba.
Boil plantain.
Fry plantain.
Boil meat/steam fish.
Fry meat/fish.
Boil yam.
Fry yam.
Cook vegetables.
Cook ekwe(garden eggs).
Make pap.
Fry akara.
Cook ogbono.
My specialty-Pounded yam and egusi.
Cook vegetable soup.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Fhemmmy: 12:08am On Oct 05, 2009
i can cook and i am a nigerian man, so nija man can cook.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by chiejik(f): 9:43am On Oct 05, 2009
my exbf attainded catering school so he can toast any lente lente,i realy enjoyed it.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Fhemmmy: 12:23am On Oct 06, 2009
chiejik:

my exbf attainded catering school so he can toast any lente lente,i realy enjoyed it.

now you missing, cos such a man shouldnt be an ex, better take him back, cos you might be able to get bfast in bed
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by AdeRex: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2009
presido1:

Ma only problem is many atimes i forget the food and only remember when the pot is burning.
Otherwise i am a good chef.

My brother, abi new for nairaland O! But, I can relate to you.

Me, afit cook like mother fucker. But, the number of pots wey I don burn; you no fit count am. No be lie; one week no fit pass wey a nogo burn pot. Football season, forget it. A fit burn the hole house.

But to cook, a sabi cook better. As long as ano burn de pot; a dey kampe! All dis ppl way say man no fit cook. for doty. Not for me, not for my boys; a fit cook like five star hotel chef. How I learn; I just watch my mama. A no-no weda my papa fit cook, but wen he come back from work, an him food no dey for table. Wahala: the whole house go see pepe.

My sisters, for where. Them no even sabi boil water. If you want die, eat my sisters dem food. A go visit one of my sisters. Her husband say, him lucky O! “Him get wife wey sabi cook. I look this yeye man like, this one don crace. A no fit even give my dog that kind food. A no say na my sister toto dey shack am. My sister no saby cook shit.

I relate with you. If a no burn the pot; a de better!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by AdeRex: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2009
clomn:

I CAN COOK VERY WELL BUT I DON'T ENJOY IT WHEN THERE IS A WOMAN IN THE HOUSE.

My brother, I get your drift; but my problem be the other way round.

I enjoy cooking for my girls. One day, this girl wey be me an my mama good friend come visit. My mama come back; come catch me de cook scramble eggs and dodo for this girl. She scold me in front of the girl; serious!! She tell me, she never wone see me cook for anyone woman againin her house. If the girl hungry; make she cook her own food. She so-gba-si-rice me! A never see my mama vex like that. Till today, the girl keep me for arms distance an she no gree talk to my mama again. The woman wey use to be her best friend.

Wating poor man go do! I had to let her go; even wen I don spend beter money on her. And a never get her thing yet.

I relate am
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by AdeRex: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2009
A no even want make any woman cook for me b/c I sabi cook, better. Except the woman really know how to cook well. Den, I fit eat her food.

A bin get this girl friend once (her mama na Calabar; her papa come from Umohia). This girl sabi cook like no man business. Now she dey for Naija de run hotel for Umohia. Then, she dey for America.

Wen this girl cook like this; ewe e! de thing dey sweet. But she travel go Naija one December. B4 she come back, a don begin do her roommate. When she come back from Naija, the stupid roommate tell her say I do her. So, she kick both of us out. Na she get house. Me a no wory. I get my own house.

Tank God she kicked me out because a for become fat. That be the only woman wey I don meet for America wey sabi cook. The others, na yeye. American girls, for dorty. The only thing them sabi make, na reservation!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2009
Yeah, I'm a living testimony

I cook myself, cool
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Gamine(f): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
again, i believe generally Guys tend to cook better
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by KennyG6(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2009
of course they can, dont they cook on campuses?
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by iniguy(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
What most Nigerian men cook as food cannot be referred to as food in the true sense of the word. cheesy grin
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:16am On Oct 11, 2009
[size=13pt]Well, as for me i cook like Crazy and belt me. . ., you must surely leak your hands from the finger's up to the wrist. tongue[/size]
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2009
Men The Nigerian guys I know can cook very well matterfact my two flatmates who are males used to cook for me kiss. Anyhoo im scared of cooking for men who know how to cook o!! they will analyse and critisise everything angry
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by chic2pimp(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2009
I definitely can cook. Mumsey thought all of us plus popsey can also cook as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Lick Your Plate/soup After Eating ? Pics / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks / Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.