Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 (1413 Views)

US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians / Ex-Senator’s Son Arrested For Alleged Robbery / Jigawa Governor's Son Arrested For Money-Laundering At Kano Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by AloyEmeka9: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2009
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe’s ‘son’ arrested in Maiduguri
From Michael Olugbode in Maiduguri, 07.15.2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A young man who gave his name as  David Ojo-Maduekwe and claimed to be the  son of  the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe , has been apprehended by police in Maiduguri , Borno State for impersonation and attempt to swindle unsuspecting members of the public.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/15/217.html

The culprit, who on interrogation,  confessed that he is Marvelous Michael and hails from Abi Local Government Area of Cross River state, said he was lured into faking as the minister’s son by one 50-year-old Ambrose Alozie who is now on the run.

Luck ran out of the 25-year-old  impostor  when he went to the GRA police station in Maiduguri to lay a complaint that he had been robbed of his car, a Mercedes M-class 500 Jeep and some of his personal belonging by some group of robbers in  broad day light along the University of Maiduguri road.

The state commissioner of police, Chris Dega, who paraded the fake son of the Minister at the state’s force headquarters, said the young man actually claimed that his car which was given to him by his acclaimed minister father was snatched at  gun point

He said  on hearing his story, the police command  immediately referred it to the state headquarters for proper attention, but during the course of investigation,  the lad ran out of ideas as he began to contradict himself.

The police commissioner  revealed that  the man's  accomplice who is now on the run continually phoned and posed as the Minister of Foreign Affairs and asked the police commissioner to do everything possible to assist and take care of his ‘son’ while in Maiduguri

Dega said: “David Ojo-Maduekwe went to the GRA police station to report that he arrived Maiduguri in his Mercedes M-class jeep given to him by his father, the minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, that his name is David Ojo-Maduekwe.”

He said that he travelled to Maiduguri to visit a friend and while driving along the University road, a group of robbers driving in a Volkswagen Golf car double-crossed him at a gun-point and forced him out of the car and made away with it and his personal belongings as well as the police orderly attached to him”.

The CP also  revealed that the impostor was taken to Abuja where the personal aides of the minister identified him,saying he was  none of the minister’s sons or family members. 

Talking to newsmen later at the state police command headquarters, Marvellous Michael, alias David Ojo-Maduekwe,  said he regretted his action and claimed that he was a first-offender.

“I am a student of the University of Abuja , a 300-level  Business Administration student. I was actually deceived into this bad crime by one Ambrose Alozie  who is currently running a masters degree programme in University of Abuja . He said we should come here and carry out this plot on the ground that Borno politicians are very generous and when they hear the name of the minister of foreign affairs, they will sympathise with me. I am really ashamed of myself and I have learnt my lessons. My parents are aware of my situation and have said they did not send me on such kind of criminal act," he confessed.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2009
Poor Journalism. The article said that the accused is an impostor. On what grounds did you still put caption to reflect that the accused is MFA Ojo Maduekwe's son.
This na libel on top slander
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by SamMilla1(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2009
i suggest you change the title of this thread before further comments please.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by kokoA(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2009
Irrelevant post. Why should this be published on nairaland
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by JustGood(m): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2009
What did the impostor stand to gain from reporting a car stolen? Am I missing something?
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by blacksta(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2009
Aloy emeka the crackhead - your subject line is invalid
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
JustGood:

What did the impostor stand to gain from reporting a car stolen? Am I missing something?

beats the hell outta me. i was going to ask same.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by vikiviko(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
Wondered he went to the Police to declare his car stolen
Re: Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 by AloyEmeka9: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
Truly, something is fishy about the story. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Analogical Question: Why Is The Ninjazord Not Welded Together? / Nigerian Died Of Deportation-Resisting Hunger Strike In Swiss / Let Us Pray For One Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.