Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Let Us Pray For One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Pray For One Nigeria (1418 Views)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People / Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2010
Nigeria has a Nation with over 250 ethnics group and as giant of Africa as faced a lots of crisis since independent in 1960 that almost break down this country into pieces. Where do we want to start from if we seperate now? The implication of seperation is full of evils, lets pray for one Nigeria.

Do we have to talk about civil war of 1967(biafra war) that claims thousands of souls, or do we have to talk about Kano riot, kaduna riot, Niger/Delta crisis, previous and recent Jos crisis and so on, countless numbers of crisis in Nigeria. If we embark on seperation, many souls will still have to be sacrificed and eventually we may still come back to be called one nation. It has happen in 1967 - 1970, what do we gain from it? absolutely nothing.

Lets show each others love and God will help us,

GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 22, 2010
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 22, 2010
Tadeus:

Nigeria has a Nation with over 250 ethnics group and as giant of Africa as faced a lots of crisis since independent in 1960 that almost break down this country into pieces. Where do we want to start from if we seperate now? The implication of seperation is full of evils, lets pray for one Nigeria.

Do we have to talk about civil war of 1967(biafra war) that claims thousands of souls, or do we have to talk about Kano riot, kaduna riot, Niger/Delta crisis, previous and recent Jos crisis and so on, countless numbers of crisis in Nigeria. If we embark on seperation, many souls will still have to be sacrificed and eventually we may still come back to be called one nation. It has happen in 1967 - 1970, what do we gain from it? absolutely nothing.

Lets show each others love and God will help us,

GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS

You and who ?
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:20am On Mar 22, 2010
Pray for what? Its lazy people like you that are giving these people looking to break the country more fuel in their engines. Common will you go out and do something for Nigeria today oya!
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by chidichris(m): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2010
if u have been praying a particular formular for 50yrs and it is not working, why not try a new prayer point?
to me, there nothing one a country where only a particular group continiously occupy the seat of power.
please, let us pray for three(3) nigeria.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2010
We have one part of Nigeria praying to Allah and the other to Jehovah, two different personalities.

How can it work ? undecided
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
We have one part of Nigeria praying to Allah and the other to Jehovah, two different personalities.

How can it work ?

Allah and Jehovah means the same thing. The two parties are reffering to one person which ALMIGHTY GOD. Call Him whatever name you wish, same ni jooo
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
Tadeus:

Allah and Jehovah means the same thing. The two parties are reffering to one person which ALMIGHTY GOD. Call Him whatever name you wish, same ni jooo

Not exactly.

You cannot tell me that God is an author of confusion? The same God cannot condemn Islam and Christianity at the same time.

The same God cannot tell you to hack to death other religions while at the same time telling you to love them.

The same God cannot ask you to impose Sharia while telling his other children not to live by Sharia.

There is confusion here but God is one, and the God I heard about from childhood is the God of Love, Kindness and Grace but also the God of Judgement, equity and justice.

He however is not a God that promotes random massacres of either Muslims or Christians or hate for each other because one of the main commandments is ‘ thou shall not kill ‘.

And by the way any so called Christian that goes on a killing spree cannot truly be called one in the true sense of the word.  He or she is operating under the cloak of a different religion.

9.Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.

10Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him[c] to make him stumble.

11But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
Not exactly.

You cannot tell me that God is an author of confusion? The same God cannot condemn Islam and Christianity at the same time.

The same God cannot tell you to hack to death other religions while at the same time telling you to love them.

The same God cannot ask you to impose Sharia while telling his other children not to live by Sharia.

There is confusion here but God is one, and the God I heard about from childhood is the God of Love, Kindness and Grace but also the God of Judgement, equity and justice.

He however is not a God that promotes random massacres of either Muslims or Christians or hate for each other because one of the main commandments is ‘ thou shall not kill ‘.

And by the way any so called Christian that goes on a killing spree cannot truly be called one in the true sense of the word. He or she is operating under the cloak of a different religion.

9.Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.

10Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him[c] to make him stumble.

11But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him.

Those people killing each others are not of God but of evil, they just hide under the unbrella of Christianity and Islam. God will judge everybody,
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
Tadeus:

Those people killing each others are not of God but of evil, they just hide under the unbrella of Christianity and Islam. God will judge everybody,

hm, not really , the quran orders jihad if possible to convert by force. the bible does not.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by chosen04(f): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^^^At the end of the day, supporters of 'one Nigeria' are those who are benefiting from the injustice in the system or those who are blind to it.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2010
What are you guys suggesting now
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by kawazaki(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2010
chidichris:

if u have been praying a particular formular for 50yrs and it is not working, why not try a new prayer point?
to me, there nothing one a country where only a particular group continiously occupy the seat of power.
please, let us pray for three(3) nigeria.

Why Three, At least there are 3 different countries in the South Alone. I don't know why the SE, want to go with SS by force. STAY ALONE

The north has at Least 2 different countries
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by OvieE: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
Pray pray and pray over and over and nothing changes.

Don't u tired of praying for a useless country over and over and nothing chnage.

Forget about prayer because we have been hearing that word too much. God help those who help themselves.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by ayettymama(f): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2010
God is not going to answer this kin prayer

bible says pray for peace

better switch ur prayers to two nigeria!
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

God is not going to answer this kin prayer

bible says pray for peace

better switch your prayers to two nigeria!

Two no go reach oh . . . maybe four! cheesy
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by platinumnk(f): 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
I pray that Nigeria is Seperated quickly or that the Igbos amass an unlimted supply of weapons grin grin
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by chosen04(f): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

I pray that Nigeria is Seperated quickly or that the Igbos amass an unlimted supply of weapons grin grin

What for?
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by OAM4J: 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2010
I pray & advocate for confederation. Lets have 6 autonomous regions/nations each with her own goverment & administration but with an open boarder, free trade/movements and an arrangements where our different armies can come together to fight a common enemy or be each other brother's keeper when neccessary or simply have a combine milatary
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
I pray & advocate for confederation. Lets have 6 autonomous regions/nations each with her own goverment & administration but with an open boarder, free trade/movements and an arrangements where our different armies can come together to fight a common enemy or be each other brother's keeper when neccessary or simply have a combine milatary

Can you analyse how this concept will work out perfectly in Nigeria with the present situation on ground?
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by OAM4J: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
Tadeus:

Can you analyse how this concept will work out perfectly in Nigeria with the present situation on ground?

I hate wars. I dont wish any should die for this, even though we have gathered enough recipe for war.

We can sit amicably among ourselves & agree that things can not continue like this, then chater a new course. Or we allow UN to midwife a new arrangement for us.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by montelik(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
See all the numerous churches and mosques in this country. Even muslim have started holding services on sunday. Prayers alone can not solve our problems. Infact some might argue that this belief that prayers will magically solve it, is the root cause of our continuing problems.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by udezue(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
DuMba$$
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
Tadeus:

It is usually when men are at thier most religious that they behave with the least sense and the greatest cruelty.

-llka Chase
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
prayer is just for the weak minded. superstitious and deluded people who lack the the willpower to take action
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
Work hard and pray your hard work materializes.
Nigerians are vexing God with these stupid prayers. Of all countries I've lived in, Nigeria is the most religious/prayerful yet the most corrupt and backwards.
If anything, I pray we divide for the sake of the poor and voiceless.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
O Heavenly father, I do not pray much, but please answer my prayer. May you please destroy this wicked nation called Nigeria, where human life is considered cheap. I kneel before you to allow my people to leave this wicked land and form our own nation with our cousins the Ijaws, Efik, Ibibio, Igala, Ijaw, Calabari, Idoma and any other group who are related to the Igbo. In your name I pray AMEN!
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2010
EzeUche:

O Heavenly father, I do not pray much, but please answer my prayer. May you please destroy this wicked nation called Nigeria, where human life is considered cheap. I kneel before you to allow my people to leave this wicked land and form our own nation with our cousins the Ijaws, Efik, Ibibio, Igala, Ijaw, Calabari, Idoma and any other group who are related to the Igbo. In your name I pray AMEN!

We'll still fight with them at the end if you ask me. Nigeria's problem is really religious. And what makes you think the Ijaws, Efiks, Igalas, Calabars, and Idomas want to be with us?
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
jumobi1:

We'll still fight with them at the end if you ask me. Nigeria's problem is really religious. And what makes you think the Ijaws, Efiks, Igalas, Calabars, and Idomas want to be with us?

Would they want to be with the Hausa or Yoruba? undecided
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
They might want to be on their own. I really don't know their P sha.
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by GUARDS18: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ezeuche, i tought you want an igbo only biafra so why bring other tribes into your contraption, btw always leave prepared cos anytime soon,
Re: Let Us Pray For One Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
GUARDS 18:

@ezeuche, i tought you want an igbo only biafra so why bring other tribes into your contraption, btw always leave prepared cos anytime soon,
Are you against Nigeria breaking up?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Ever Had Somebody Like Jerry Rawlings Of Ghana. / Nigeria Denies Bill Gates' Visa Application / Bauchi Gov Yuguda: Murdered Corp Members Were "Destined" To Die! Shikena!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.