Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) (43382 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Throws Weight Behind YEN, Becomes Grand Patron (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by asumo12: 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Holy water kuluso!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
may his son Neva resemble his landlord#illya du manpower smiley

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by frankobaba(m): 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Lambadostic(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
To God Eledumare iyaff reacherlander! Walk-stumble. I Rep Illiya Fedeco 2/3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
I am the woged entity la ka mua,trans gbanwed, trans kpakpa, trans obiya dinma, trans ekulu, trans ikwueche trans awkunanaw by the chiefosis of ilya de engine

Triaxing muaness at this atyma tee,juwarisation of agba shall remains thekeske of the buffalo.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by 1Dray(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
apikipiki1:
tnk god I am a karid entity
Who your karid entity don give food? Commot for road jor

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by 1Dray(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
apikipiki1:
tnk god I am a karid entity
Who your karid entity don give food? Commot for road jor
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by noblegrex: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
DikeOha882:
My kariability is not the keske of jukwa my nwannemus

Desis awise
Long life chiefosis
who awa

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by babyfaceafrica: 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
Lolz
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by unitysheart(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
May your days be longatua, my kariable entity. Mekuen 4 national igbaladum. LSF Unity of Ilya Du Tecco on the soft pedal.
noblegrex:
who awa

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by sped1oro(m): 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
When I became a CHIEF in Kegite, I had opportunity to interact with Governors, speakers and high net-worth individuals in the society. I am proud to be a Kegite Chief and a very karid one as such. XYZ10 Chiefo Du Manager.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by kimacent(m): 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
unitysheart:
The 51st Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, was on March 4, 2016 installed as the Grand Patron of Kegites Club International. The event held at one of the halls inside the palace of the Ooni at Ile Ife. Oba Adewusi thus joined Former President Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo as one of the Grand Patrons of the club.

The event was attended by the creme de la cremes of the Supreme Comradium. One prominent name among those who attended the event is Doctor Peter Fatomilola. Doctor Fatomilola is a Nigerian dramatist, film actor, poet and prolific playwright.

The installation rites was conducted by the AB Chief of the Kegites Club International World Headquarters, Obafemi Awolowo University, Chief Oluwagbemiga. He was ably supported by his fathers, Chief Odidiomo and Chief Saheed Olugeemol of the World Headquarters. Other notable Chiefs of the Kegites Club that were present are Chief Michael Adekan, Chief Teeto Richards and Chief Oluwo of Ilya Du tecco, yaba College of Technology.

Oba Adewusi being the Grand Patron of the club has thus become one of the pillars of the supreme comradium.

The kegites club or the palm wine club is the most popular socio-cultural club in the Nigeria. The club originated from the University of Ife ile ife (now known as obafemi awolow university). The club was formally formed in (1962). The club had its 1st chief in the person of PROFESSOR OLUSEGUN ADESHINA. Incidentally, since the formation, the club has undergone various kinds of transformations. For instance, the club had its 1st female member (okpeke) in the person of L.S.F DUKPE AJAY. She was the 1st female to join the club in (1968).

In (1974), the club started spreading to other schools in Nigeria with Ilya Du Tractor (Federal College of Agriculture Akure Ondo State Nigeria) as the first Ilya to get a Keg of Office (accreditation) from the World Headquaters. While the first Ilya to get a Keg of Office in Imo-Abia hemisphere is Ilya du Kokoroko (Fed. University of Agric. Umudike, Abia State).

In 1986, Chief ANTHONY UZODINMA OGIDI became the first and only Igbo man to be made a World Chief, and it was during his one year reign that the name of the Club was changed from Palm Wine Drinkards Club to Kegites Club International. This change was basically because members of the club were being connoted to be drunkards and irresponsible people.

Kegites Club International has over 100 branches all around the world, including Ilay du Punjab in India, Ilya du Queen in England and Ilya do Windy in Chicago, USA.

Imbibe Imbibe in majesty holy water is good 4 us. Holy water frm kegite stream ..........
Awo wo woo oh? .....
I rep ILYA PORTA PORTA
SF BlackBox on Nairaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by oluwatosin1984: 11:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chefesis der present may u all walk nd never to stumble any atempt ma grama for ayua.all am very karid WALK and shine!

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by notoriousbabe: 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
daveyjay:
See yoruba people head....them too like food
lalasticlala you no go see dis one now o,but if na iyangbali na prison straight

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by aiikman(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ooni is highly carried....

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by daveyjay(m): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
lalasticlala you no go see dis one now o,but if na iyangbali na prison straight

Why U dey cry like small pikin nah??! Lalasticlala don do U stronq thinq b4??! Lala na my quy nah
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
Aja kwa! mina awulus mkpakpa via ur kokonut
noblegrex:
who awa
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by olawuyi222222: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
We are corotating in ife tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by marvelyole(m): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
AKarability is karability, karid are you annex
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by notoriousbabe: 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
daveyjay:

Why U dey cry like small pikin nah??! Lalasticlala don do U stronq thinq b4??! Lala na my quy nah
lala ban dis guy or i go tell seun to ban you
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by sped1oro(m): 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Supremost comradium, please forward and share this
infomajara to all entities on your satellite dishes..........

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by daveyjay(m): 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
lala ban dis guy or i go tell seun to ban you

What's ur qender??! Male/female or hermaphrodite! I quess ure a quy!
Lala see this quy dey threaten U for ur lane
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Bishops10(m): 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Minawolex is highly made in Obioma Ngwa. Ooni,may you walk and stumble anota,D gods are on there 9+1 tacles

A•b Bishop

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
I love their drumming and songito celebrations!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by notoriousbabe: 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
daveyjay:

What's ur qender??! Male/female or hermaphrodite! I quess ure a quy!
Lala see this quy dey threaten U for ur lane
you dey take style dey patronise lala abi?he no go work
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by aleem50(m): 11:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
daveyjay:
See yoruba people head....them too like food
I am a Yoruba man but this got me ROFTL .Like seriously why did you have so much hate for us like this ?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by phemybof(m): 11:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
the Oonirinsa,Ojaja ||,SUPREME COMRADUM Adeyeye Ogunwusi Enitan

i love palmwine,i no go lie,na inside strine i go marry my wife,i neva regret to be a gongo
na papa na taper,na mama be seller,sister na distributor, i remain drinker

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by frankblinkz(m): 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
d god's re whizkalifa.... may all babasis arounda d galaxy continue to walk and never to jamantule.... inec remainga my kpokponkious self xy cute ilya du lake vibratin to d whole universe.. I hv seriously vibrated

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by daveyjay(m): 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
you dey take style dey patronise lala abi?he no go work
hahhaahaha, dem just unban me on 2nd march 08:38am, and U want make dem ban me aqain??! Guy U weeeked
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by daveyjay(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
aleem50:
I am a Yoruba man but this got me ROFTL .Like seriously why did you have so much hate for us like this ?
lolz! How can I hate my own brothers, I'm ibo by oriqin, but yoruba by birth! All my life I've lived amonq them...we are one! It's just for the fun bro'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) by Xion: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ilya du Kakanfo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / Davood Roostaei Draws Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi's Portrait In USA (Pics) / Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.