Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. (41693 Views)

TOP QUALITY LongSpan, Metcoppo, Step-tiles ALUMINIUM ROOFING SHEETS? Check These / Uncovered!! Read This Article/Watch Video, Sure Way To Avoid Fake Roofing sheets / Prices of Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets, Get it Cheaper, Call 0813 834 26 42 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by mufutau55(m): 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
twinskenny:

Need this info too

Twinskenny, you not serious, are you?

Hajji M.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by akreest(m): 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Igodometusalah:
Lol, we have been using Asbestos for years now without cancer or anything close to it. How come only white people get this cancer from asbestos? My house's roof was made of asbestos and so is my neighbors together with everybody that lives in my community...
I strongly recommend that you guys run a test to check if you have Cancer so that you can treat it early before it grows. That way, you will not blame some poor old woman in the village for striking you with a strange illness in future or feature on TB Joshua show

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by excel101(m): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
EastanPower:
Guys, please which is better between aluminium and asbestos roofing sheets?

What are their prices too.

Thank you.
The aluminium is better because, asbestos are carcinogenic ( in all you do think & act safety) & Concerning their prices, i don't know.

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by princejones(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Aluminium roofing sheets are better not just because am a dealer,it release heat quicker than abestos when the sun goes down and for the colour duration is depends on the kind of material.For more enquirer check my signature
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by AdamsOlakunle(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
There is nothing like asbestos roofing sheets since year 2000. Its called cement fibre sheets now. Nigerite Limited and the like are no more using asbestos. U can only find it in brake pads now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Akinrogun(m): 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
[b][/b] grin
Jobabori:
I am afraid. The ceiling ( not roof) of my house is absestors. Am i safe or i should pack out?

honestly whenever I need a dose of laughter.... I switch to nairaland channel.... it's bn hit back to hit.

so for ur mind.....cos of comments u ar seeing here, the next thing is to abscond ur household to sambisa forest.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by professore(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
I think what I can deduce is that aluminium is better due to the health danger posed by prolonged use of asbestors
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
Archiq:
Aluminum is better. This is because, heat dissipation in aluminum is faster than asbestos in the night. While it will take a longer time for asbestos to dissipate the heat gathered during the day. However, on cost analysis, asbestos is cheaper.

It is really criminal if asbestos is still sold on the market!! Really criminal, knowing the huge numbers of lungcancer caused by inhaling the invisible small particles of asbestos that end up in the environment over time. Do you know that here, for one piece of asbestos in the environment, a whole area has to be isolated and specialized team in PPE has to be hired to remove it? Do you really think we would do this effort when there was not a serious and direct health risk and economical interest in avoiding the high medical cost connected to treating those patients who have actually not much chance to survive? I don't know if you have seen such patients in the end stage...graving for oxygen to stay alive...its horrible.

Please educate your people and society on this!

#alluminium roofs are actually also not that healthy because of the traces it leaves in the surface water...please try to think and invest in better cheap sustainable alternatives of building for the sake of the health of your people and environment.
#let Nigeria become a guiding nation in innovation
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by dedil: 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
plantain leaves is d best

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
EastanPower:

Thank you.
Both are good. Aluminium has gauge. You can go for it.Stone tiles are not bad either. See my signature
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by oieda: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
EastanPower:

Thank you.
I thought asbestos was radioactive that's one reason it was replaced as a building material
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
Aarenasbaba:
Asbestos keeeer?
Aluminium is d best and d gauge which is d thickness is varies from 0.45mm,0.55mm to 0.70mm... you can have d 0.45mm within 900naira bt I don't know when d dollar has risen ooooo....
0.45mm,as of last week was #1050. Eastchase
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
princejones:
Aluminium roofing sheets are better not just because am a dealer,it release heat quicker than abestos when the sun goes down and for the colour duration is depends on the kind of material.For more enquirer check my signature
Oga,how far naw? About the rain water collector you promised on whatspp.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
ObiOkpor:

0.45mm,as of last week was #1050. Eastchase
You see...local or imported?
Qualitec or tower?
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Aarenasbaba:
You see...local or imported? Qualitec or tower?
Foreign coil.

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by lagosrd: 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
EMriss:
alum is better wit my little xperi
how? cos i can help you out bro.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by sibb2011: 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
For all your roofing:

https://www.nairaland.com/2910402/tower-roofing-aluminium

.....but, I think Aluminium is better sha.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by jamesibor: 11:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
EastanPower:

Thank you.

Is asbestos still I'm use?

Hasn't it been banned?

Doesn't it cause cancer?
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by texazzpete(m): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Akinrogun:
[b][/b] grin

honestly whenever I need a dose of laughter.... I switch to nairaland channel.... it's bn hit back to hit.

so for ur mind.....cos of comments u ar seeing here, the next thing is to abscond ur household to sambisa forest.

Just because you don't have anything to live for, it doesn't mean he is in the same boat as you are.

Asbestos is potentially dangerous, and has been the cause of so many cases of lung cancer. better safe than sorry.

Then again, perhaps you have nothing to live for...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by agarawu23(m): 5:07am On Mar 06, 2016
Jobabori:
I am afraid. The ceiling ( not roof) of my house is absestors. Am i safe or i should pack out?
oga
Don't panic
Stop taking Nlders comment serious.
They read or heard something doesn't mean it's happening. (How many cases can they point out?)

If it causes cancer as ppl are saying, everybody for don die finish for nja cos I can't count how many (new) houses in my area that are roofed with asbestos.

Though Aluminum roofing is better but the cancer rumor of asbestos doesn't stop ppl from using it.

My dad's old house was built with asbestos and pop ceiling.

We are 100% healthy......

3 Likes

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by twinskenny(m): 5:53am On Mar 06, 2016
mufutau55:

Twinskenny, you not serious, are you?

Hajji M.
definitely not grin
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Lexusgs430: 6:52am On Mar 06, 2016
Thatched roofs!!!
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by AMKAG66(m): 6:54am On Mar 06, 2016
OP please Google what ASBESTOSIS is
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by meetvic: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2016
Tufanja:

It is really criminal if asbestos is still sold on the market!! Really criminal, knowing the huge numbers of lungcancer caused by inhaling the invisible small particles of asbestos that end up in the environment over time. Do you know that here, for one piece of asbestos in the environment, a whole area has to be isolated and specialized team in PPE has to be hired to remove it? Do you really think we would do this effort when there was not a serious and direct health risk and economical interest in avoiding the high medical cost connected to treating those patients who have actually not much chance to survive? I don't know if you have seen such patients in the end stage...graving for oxygen to stay alive...its horrible.

Please educate your people and society on this!

#alluminium roofs are actually also not that healthy because of the traces it leaves in the surface water...please try to think and invest in better cheap sustainable alternatives of building for the sake of the health of your people and environment.
#let Nigeria become a guiding nation in innovation

Thank you for the enlightenment. Please give me names of alternative roofing sheets that are safe and pocket friendly, so that I can make a chhoice other than the 2 being discussed right now. I really need it.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Abudu2000(m): 8:16am On Mar 06, 2016
they both have their pros and cons but lately aluminium has really been depended on even though its colours fades away quickly but due to its heat absorbing rate but asbestos is still widely used in very nice architectural building even though its not safe health wise and less durable too
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Abudu2000(m): 8:18am On Mar 06, 2016
akreest:

I strongly recommend that you guys run a test to check if you have Cancer so that you can treat it early before it grows. That way, you will not blame some poor old woman in the village for striking you with a strange illness in future or feature on TB Joshua show
well said!
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ChikezieU(m): 8:20am On Mar 06, 2016
Aluminiun is better, but except for fire resistance and long life span of asbestos, aluminiun is better cause as asbestos is aging its particles(on the surface mostly) starts to fall apart which is dangerous, the particles may find its way into ur mouth or eyes mostly by fetching water from it. My conclusion is go for a high gauge aluminuin it last long as its durable, but in areas prone to fire asbestos is best.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by agentakins: 8:22am On Mar 06, 2016
Drabeey:
Sir it strongly depends on your environment. The both have their pros nd cons. Like asbestos, you can use it around a place close to a vegetative encironment, or in other word, where there would be enough ventilations.
Its advantage however is that its long lasting and can serve without leakage for years, but not in an area close to a school or where children plays, they would break it all.
Alluminum sheets however, is not as durable as the above mentioned. Its prone to rust and at times very strong winds can..... But its okay cus it disposes heat away faster than that of the asbestors.
So choose sir....

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere
Aluminium is prone to rust? Get your facts well.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Akinrogun(m): 8:22am On Mar 06, 2016
texazzpete:

Just because you don't have anything to live for, it doesn't mean he is in the same boat as you are.

Asbestos is potentially dangerous, and has been the cause of so many cases of lung cancer. better safe than sorry.

Then again, perhaps you have nothing to live for...

u a ar a slowpoke and an ineffectual buffoon.....

is cutting off d head d solution to headache?

I expected u and him to make a mental deduction that changing d asbestos to aluminum or other coverings is d way forward......not running away from d property.

but u ar lobotomized......u can't reason deductively.... and for d records, I'm an accomplished captain of industry.....a seasoned technocrat.

Go back home and ask ur daddy about Akinrogun..... he'll tell u more about my person and accomplishments..... av a nice day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Updated Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos / Different Kinds Of People Found In Public Compounds / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.