Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. (41692 Views)

TOP QUALITY LongSpan, Metcoppo, Step-tiles ALUMINIUM ROOFING SHEETS? Check These / Uncovered!! Read This Article/Watch Video, Sure Way To Avoid Fake Roofing sheets / Prices of Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets, Get it Cheaper, Call 0813 834 26 42 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by nedby: 8:22am On Mar 06, 2016
Abestor causes cancer,it not good.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2016
meetvic:

Thank you for the enlightenment. Please give me names of alternative roofing sheets that are safe and pocket friendly, so that I can make a chhoice other than the 2 being discussed right now. I really need it.
Aluminium is what you need. Pocket friendly,depends on the total sqaure metre of your structure and the gauge. You can see my signature
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2016
Abudu2000:
they both have their pros and cons but lately aluminium has really been depended on even though its colours fades away quickly but due to its heat absorbing rate but asbestos is still widely used in very nice architectural building even though its not safe health wise and less durable too
Colour fading is not true if you get the quality material
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2016
agentakins:
Aluminium is prone to rust? Get your facts well.
You dey mind the guy? Saying what he has no idea of.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2016
nikkypearl:
Hmm are you sure? I grew up in a house where asbestos. Was used for more than 26yrs,and there is no record of Cancer! Just curious oo!enlighten me abeg!
this is very true! Please do not not ignore, depends on how old you are because it has just been discovered or perharps you had a lucky escape.

How do you know that that your old uncle or neighbor who died when you were young living in that house full of asbestos didn't die of asbestos poisoning? grin i bet you were told that they died of witchcraft grin.

Seriously asbestos is causes cancer.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Durinsday: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2016
Heat reflection: aluminium is a metal, asbestos a ceramic. Al is better

Health implications: dust from asbestos have been proven to cause health problems iver the years, Al sheets do not pulverize: Al is better

Resistance to cracking: Naughty kids thriwing stones on your roof: Asbestos would crack, Aluminium wont: Al is better

Growth of flora and fauna: if you have trees around: Asbestos would support algae etc growing as it is porous and can store nutrients. Aluminium sheets are not porous. Al is better

Weight on structure: Asbestos is probably four times or more denser than aluminium and so represents more weight to your building: Al is better

Recyclability: aluminium is 100% recycleable, asbestos is not. Scrap value of aluminium is high. Al is better

Ease of forming, handling and assembly: dropping a batch of asbestos during building, you would probably lose them all, but aluminium can drop and not damage and as well can be formed into various roof patterns ( sinusoidal corrugation or roll formed). Al is better

Aesthetics: Both are beautiful after assembly. However, aluminium sheets can come in various color coated forms to suit the building wall colors. Asbestos as far as I have seen is black/gray.

Cost: Not sure of Asbestos but Aluminium is relatively more expensive than galvanized Iron. However, long life span, repairability, recyclability should reduce the total cost of ownership of aluminium projected over the years. Solid Aluminium coated sheets from reputable companies like First Aluminium have the coating life up to 15 years before fading.

2 Likes

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 8:57am On Mar 06, 2016
Jobabori:
I am afraid. The ceiling ( not roof) of my house is absestors. Am i safe or i should pack out?
what!? shocked I suggest you move out already, to be on the save side you loose nothing.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2016
agarawu23:
oga
Don't panic
Stop taking Nlders comment serious.
They read or heard something doesn't mean it's happening. (How many cases can they point out?)

If it causes cancer as ppl are saying, everybody for don die finish for nja cos I can't count how many (new) houses in my area that are roofed with asbestos.

Though Aluminum roofing is better but the cancer rumor of asbestos doesn't stop ppl from using it.

My dad's old house was built with asbestos and pop ceiling.

We are 100% healthy......

yea, keep telling yourself that Its rumour or that you are %100 healthy until some thing goes wrong. Illiterate!
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 9:11am On Mar 06, 2016
Akinrogun:

u a ar a slowpoke and an ineffectual buffoon.....

is cutting off d head d solution to headache?

I expected u and him to make a mental deduction that changing d asbestos to aluminum or other coverings is d way forward......not running away from d property.

but u ar lobotomized......u can't reason deductively.... and for d records, I'm an accomplished captain of industry.....a seasoned technocrat.

Go back home and ask ur daddy about Akinrogun..... he'll tell u more about my person and accomplishments..... av a nice day.
grin grin grin there is no need for all this obnoxious gibberish he is right %100 the earlier he moves out of the asbestos roof house the better.

Again me thinks you made NO sense in your gebberish rants grin perhaps you as he mentioned has nothing to live for as i suspect grin
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Akinrogun(m): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2016
grin
otiigba1:
grin grin grin there is no need for all this obnoxious gibberish he is right %100 the earlier he moves out of the asbestos roof house the better.

Again me thinks you made NO sense in your gebberish rants grin perhaps you as he mentioned has nothing to live for as i suspect grin

I'm on laughing gas now.....

d cretins ar coming out of d woods.....thunder fire ur fada!

u better hit d road to otigba, computer village to go and swindle innocent folks as usual.....but remember ur days ar numbered.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2016
Akinrogun:
grin

I'm on laughing gas now.....

d cretins ar coming out of d woods.....thunder fire ur fada!

u better hit d road to otigba, computer village to go and swindle innocent folks as usual.....but remember ur days ar numbered.
nice! You didn't disappoint with more of your gibberish rants as i expected grin man! I think you need to get out more visit friends and family or something it will do you a lot of Good cheesy. Oh! I forgot you have nothing to live for, he was right!
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2016
Aluminium is very better.

Check my signature below for the latest quality stone coated roofing tiles.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Abudu2000(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2016
ObiOkpor:

Colour fading is not true if you get the quality material
how sure are you? I wish I was at the right place now to get you some pics of roof tiles fixed just 2012 here,and you would not believe that its red
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Akinrogun(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2016
otiigba1:
nice! You didn't disappoint with more of your gibberish rants as i expected grin man! I think you need to get out more visit friends and family or something it will do you a lot of Good cheesy. Oh! I forgot you have nothing to live for, he was right!
u son of a LovePeddler, leave me alone!......go and continue with ur 419 operation in otigba.

I'm too blessed to respond to ur "nothing to live for" misnomer. A non-issue and figment of ur twisted imagination.

knowing u ar a goat.....u will still come back!
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Akinrogun:

u son of a LovePeddler, leave me alone!......go and continue with ur 419 operation in otigba.

I'm too blessed to respond to ur "nothing to live for" misnomer. A non-issue and figment of ur twisted imagination.

knowing u ar a goat.....u will still come back!
ofcourse! I will come back contemptiously (i am sure you wouldn't know what contempt means) anyway, also because i am having a laugh on your expense, the joke is on you grin grin, as expected you didn't dissapoint again! Fool! Your desperation on trying to make yourself sound intelligent and relevant boggles the mind. I pity you.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by Akinrogun(m): 10:14am On Mar 06, 2016
otiigba1:
ofcourse! I will come back contemptiously (i am sure you wouldn't know what contempt means) anyway, also because i am having a laugh on your expense, the joke is on you grin grin, as expected you didn't dissapoint again! Fool! Your desperation on trying to make yourself sound intelligent and relevant boggles the mind. I pity you.

hurray!..... my prediction came to pass.....d accursed goat came back!......get me a bottle of moet.

o my goodness..... what a victory

I'm done with u.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by agarawu23(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2016
otiigba1:
yea, keep telling yourself that Its rumour or that you are %100 healthy until some thing goes wrong. Illiterate!
your elder brother illiterate smiley tfu
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by maasoap(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Asbestos is no longer conducive for human health after 25 years. Its carcinogenic especially the dust coming from it as it ages with time.

Google the health implications of asbestos roofing sheets. Most European countries have banned the use of it as a roofing sheet
They have stopped using asbestos in both roofing and ceiling materials but it is because the the word asbestos had become a trademark, that's why people still referring to it as asbestos. Of the entire components, the single material referred to as asbestos is no longer there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 10:21am On Mar 06, 2016
Akinrogun:

hurray!..... my prediction came to pass.....d accursed goat came back!......get me a bottle of moet.

o my goodness..... what a victory

I'm done with u.
so it took you this long to realise how sad, unintelligent and foolish you sound ? Don't run now i am not done with you, i need to school you more on behaviour and atitude. Esspecially with folks you do not know or have met.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2016
agarawu23:
your elder brother illiterate smiley tfu
oga no vex abeg grin i was just stunned and surprised on how inadequate you sounded with your comment, unless you have done any tests you wouldn't know if you are %100 health no matter how healthy you and your families may look grin illiterate! grin

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by agarawu23(m): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
otiigba1:
oga no vex abeg grin i was just stunned and surprised on how inadequate you sounded with your comment, unless you have done any tests you wouldn't know if you are %100 health no matter how healthy you and your families may look grin illiterate! grin
[/s] its a Sunday morning and I am ganna keep it holy......
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by maasoap(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2016
I don't even understand why the two of you are attacking each other. If you go to market to buy these ceramic roofing or ceiling materials, it is already written there "asbestos-free" because most educated people are already aware that asbestos causes cancer. That's why we still have them in market today because they are safer to use now than before.

2 Likes

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by adeememman(m): 10:39am On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:
Guys, please which is better between aluminium and asbestos roofing sheets?

What are their prices too.

Thank you.
I will go for Aluminum. The best Eco friendly and durable roofing sheet for now. Note: Always work with experts who can discern original products to achieve desired goal.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by maasoap(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2016
Again, the issue of old "asbestos" causing cancer had more to do with the workers where the material was being mined and the factory where it was being used to produce roofing and ceiling materials than with the end users who are sleeping under it. This is because it has to do with particles of this asbestos going directly to the lungs via inhaling. That was why the studies on this issue concentrated on the workers that dealt with asbestos rather than end users. Because as it is in Nigeria today, many households actually used this old ceramic ceiling materials that contain asbestos but the cases of lung cancers are not that rampant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by otiigba1(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2016
agarawu23:
[s][/s] its a Sunday morning and I am ganna keep it holy......
well.. keep it as holy as you wish to, as i am not a church goer i intend to carry on with my unholiness so i still stand by my earlier comment whether you agree or not.

GOOD LUCK with keeping sunday holy grin grin hyporcrite! you forgot mentioning my elder brother earlier on you didn't remember keeping sunday holy then did you? angry

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by texazzpete(m): 11:02am On Mar 06, 2016
Akinrogun:

u a ar a slowpoke and an ineffectual buffoon.....

is cutting off d head d solution to headache?

I expected u and him to make a mental deduction that changing d asbestos to aluminum or other coverings is d way forward......not running away from d property.

but u ar lobotomized......u can't reason deductively.... and for d records, I'm an accomplished captain of industry.....a seasoned technocrat.

Go back home and ask ur daddy about Akinrogun..... he'll tell u more about my person and accomplishments..... av a nice day.

Are you done with your e-bragging, you intellectually challenged lout?

'captain of industry' my arse. Despite your foolish words, at least the OP now knows that asbestos is bad for his health. If - unlike yourself - he has something to live for, he will do something positive about it.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ramatintin(m): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Asbestos is no longer conducive for human health after 25 years. Its carcinogenic especially the dust coming from it as it ages with time.

Google the health implications of asbestos roofing sheets. Most European countries have banned the use of it as a roofing sheet
oga dere is notin like abestos anymore rather N.t sheets cos abestos chemical has bin replaced with cotton wool n paper

3 Likes

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ramatintin(m): 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:
Guys, please which is better between aluminium and asbestos roofing sheets?

What are their prices too.

Thank you.
well depends on wat u want for me go for N.t sheets becos its far MoRE beta than aluminum.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by maasoap(m): 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
ramatintin:
oga dere is notin like abestos anymore rather N.t sheets cos abestos chemical has bin replaced with cotton wool n paper
Many of them are not up-to-date.

2 Likes

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ikben: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
My friend, I am surprised to be hearing you talk about asbestos roofing sheet in the year 2016. For your info, the companies using asbestos fibre to produce roofing and ceiling sheets have stopped using that since over 20 years ago. They have been producing "New Technology" (NT) roofing and ceiling sheets since then. Most recently they now have their latest products, both roofing and ceiling called "KALSI " ceiling and roofing sheets. These new products now in the mkt is far better than aluminium, more durable, cheaper and most importantly weather friendly. Please go for them instead of aluminium if you want to get value for money in this period of heat and adverse weather conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by ObiOkpor(m): 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
Abudu2000:
how sure are you? I wish I was at the right place now to get you some pics of roof tiles fixed just 2012 here,and you would not believe that its red
I said quality material,not material sprayed with colours.
Re: Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. by greenify: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
Pls does d danger of asbestos also apply to d one fix as ceiling inside d house? Because this is the most common every where apart from those dat us p.o.p or wooden ceiling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Updated Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos / Different Kinds Of People Found In Public Compounds / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.