Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Kennis Music-is This The End? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kennis Music-is This The End? (7631 Views)

Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nezan(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2009
cnario:

Anyway, I believe Kennis will be back, but not as BIG as they used to be.
Let the gloom come to pass,
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by galatico(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2009
Kennis Music are bunch of criminals and they are only reaping what they sown
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by otukpo(f): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2009
The downfall of a man is not the end of his life.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by rocnaija(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2009
There used to be Motown and EMI.
Now there's DefJam and Universal.

It's called evolution.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by dammiecool(m): 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2009
remember nothin last 4ever
u might be reingin now, but it can change like a weather
grin grin
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by phemmy008(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
I think is great thing to the music industry cos all artist don dey manage themselves now
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Dclique(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
My Nairalanders, Pls, Vote for Dclique as assistant moderator in Education section, thanx
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by mrjustice(m): 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
if is kennis on its own boy i loya 4 ram cos wen he see say e don over am 4 music matta he just run go tv channel of which he is a brain boss of hw o make money so if u want are nt ist fan and u are trying to spone is image go and advertise ur stupidity free from its channel.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by oge4real(f): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by AloyEmeka: 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2009
Kennis Music to sign on Obesere, Edris Abdulkareem
By SAMUEL OLATUNJI

Sunday, July 26, 2009
Kennis Music, Nigeria’s foremost musical label has signed on new act, Jay One. The latest musical sensation was unveiled at the Encomium Magazine white gig penultimate Sunday and he performed to the delight of all.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/26/506.html

Jay One will be joining Kelly Handsome, Diamond, The Pulse and Kenny Saint Brown on the label. Kennis Music has once been home to Tony Tetuila, Edris Albudkareem, Azadus, Paul Play, Lagbaja, 2face Idibia, Kingsley Ike and many others. His single, ‘File be’ is ready and will be on all radio stations in a matter of day. And plans are in top gear to commence the shooting of his video.

Meanwhile the talk in town is that Mr Lecturer, Edris Abdulkareem is set to go back to the music label which he once called home.

When we spoke to CEO of the label, Mr Kenny Ogungbe on the matter he refused to comment on it saying he is like a father figure to many artistes in Nigeria. ‘I’m a man with an open heart open to anybody who wants to do business with us. We are here to promote good music and that is what we are committed to doing.

So, if anybody that has worked with us in the past comes with something we are comfortable with we will talk business. Even if you have not worked with us before and you have something that interest us and you come forward with it we will talk.’ Edris was not available for comment.

Meanwhile a source close to the record label hinted showbiz Now that the Asakasa exponent Abass Akande Obesere will be signing on with the record label on Monday and he would be releasing about four or five albums on the label.

If the signing goes through, Obesere, a known Fuji act will be the first of his contemporaries to sign contract of such with the label. Obesere who has completed work on his hip hop album will be releasing the anticipated LP soon. The album features top acts like 9ice, Timaya, Lord of Ajasa. 9ice collaborated with him on Kilonso, Timaya did same on Gbosewo, while Lord of Ajasa did what he knows how to do best on Dancia ni party. Obesere took the bar several inches higher by rendering a track, ogbu egbu 1 in Ibo and those who have heard the song say it is a chart buster.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by sundid(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2009
I want you all to knw that we are plotting the downfall of naija music industry, if we shld allow an incessant ridicule, tongue lashing at various arms dat makes up d industry's department. This war ought 2have been channelld 2d likes of Rueben Abati- chairman, Guardian newspaper. Who in his article published in his so calld newspaper. He stated that, our music are craps, meaningless, pruries and so on. He also calld for d ban on some of d indus try music. To d journalist abati, i think u've come along 2knw dat ur generation failed us in all ramification. Be it education, power, infrastructure etc. Why cnt he concentrate on meetin wit his generation folks to find solution 2d decline, woes they melted on us. It's a shame dat he can stoop so low 2start this, cos i knw naija youths wont spare him a breath. It's a pity
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by mayrho(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2009
Agbaya meji World famous agbaya angry
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by dammiecool(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2009
Agbaya meji World famous agbaya

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nezan(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2009
Dclique:

My Nairalanders, Pls, Vote for Dclique as assistant moderator in Education section, thanx
Na wa for guyz-o, this thread don turn to campaign ground, ni?
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by zicoisaac: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2009
Progress is what really matter
Nigerianssssssssssssssssssssssssss na whaoooooo
for me sha, Kennis are not doing bad at all in the music industry
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Meldrick(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2009
There is nothing so spectacular about this report. Change in any aspect of our life is inevitable. It might affect our finance e.t.c. There is just one fact about the duo(kenny and D1). They've both made a name for themselves and have been good Ambassadors of this country. It can never be as bad as how these lazy media practitioners paint their false stories.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by rasputinn(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
Anybody who thinks Kennis music is dead has got another think coming,just watch out
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by ahmedab: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2009
hmmm, you Guys have said Good But no body holy pass,
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by soulfood(m): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNP76rKLzXE

check out this video. stage imitation of kenny and D1.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 29, 2009
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by mmaks: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2009
those kennis clowns should learn to delegate roles. they must not always be in fron to the camaras. younger and more hip presenters should be engaged
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2009
A little more time will tell if they are completely out. Afterall, whet Trybes men went under, lots of folk thought it was he end of Eldee.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nezan(m): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2009
they gave us 2-baba
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by FFA: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
KENNIS MUSIC DEY KAMPE, THEY MADE AND STILL MAKING THEIR IMPACT, NOTHING DO THEM.WORLD FAMOUS 4EVER
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by nich(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2009
well, i think it's time they let younger folks host their 'world tours' & tv programs. they could learn alot from peeps like rhythm and they'd be surprised what kind of explosion they'd have.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by ashaby(f): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2009
Will sure have a gud laff @those old youngies. Heard they are always ripping off artistes. Serves them right if u ask me
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by whiteroses(f): 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2009
dint this happen to Dr dre? why are some people happy tho
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by ogagus: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2009
kennis music suck
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Deshola: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2009
Those guys are diversifying so they don't need all those musicians to survive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download [video] Iyanya – Flavour (official Video) / My Song Carry-first Trends On Twitter / Download Rudeboy - Reason With Me (instrumental)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.