Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching (2746 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by losak9111(m): 4:59am On Mar 06, 2016
No pastor will tell u this on Sunday during preaching or Sunday School

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by ibkgab001: 5:03am On Mar 06, 2016
Hummm

1 Share

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Chinatownm(m): 5:22am On Mar 06, 2016
Is dat wat u want to hear ursef
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by losak9111(m): 5:28am On Mar 06, 2016
Chinatownm:
Is dat wat u want to hear ursef
I think they must tell us everything in Bible
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 5:36am On Mar 06, 2016
Lol...

No one's gonna tell you that kind of thing.

The Bible is a book of fantastic stories.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by losak9111(m): 5:44am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:
Lol...

if is tithe and offering na every Sunday music in d church

2 Likes

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 5:49am On Mar 06, 2016
losak9111:
if is tithe and offering na every Sunday music in d church

As expected always in this current conventional modern day Christianity; which is simply all about enriching the pastors at the expense of the gullible sheeple followers.
Brotherly..... I left that whole tithe and offering kind of thinking a long time ago.
Pastors carefully choose what they preach and cherry pick at portions that advance their quest for enrichment.
This issue can't be over flogged......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by hrhobi1(m): 6:01am On Mar 06, 2016
After Onan's brother Er dies, his father Judah told him to fulfill his duty to his brother by entering into a levirate marriage with his brother's widow Tamar to give her offspring.

Religion professor Tikva Frymer-Kensky has pointed out the economic repercussions of a levirate marriage: any son born to Tamar would be deemed the heir of the deceased Er, and able to claim the firstborn's double share of inheritance. However, if Er were childless, Onan would have inherited as the oldest
surviving son.[3]

When Onan had sex with Tamar, he withdrew before climax[4] and "spilled his seed [or semen] on the ground", since any child born would not legally be considered his heir.[5] The next statement in the bible says that Onan did evil and that God slew him.[6]

Now, if Onan had rejected the idea of sleeping with his brothers wife initially, I think God wouldn't have been angry at him. But he rather enjoyed the sex and ejaculated on the floor to avoid her getting pregnant. His motive was to enjoy the sex and still remain the surviving Son of their father and thereby inheriting everything for himself.

So he tried to play smart, and got slewed by God. Also remember this happened in the first testament, the book of Genesis to be precise.

Peace be unto you.

HRH OBI 1.

5 Likes

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:04am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:
Also remember this happened in the first testament, the book of Genesis to be precise.

Does this being in the first testament have any consequential meaning thereof?
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by hrhobi1(m): 6:13am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

Does this being in the first testament have any consequential meaning thereof?

Please take note of the statement below ;

'His father Judah told him to fulfill his duty to his brother by entering into a levirate marriage with his brother's widow'. A first Testament law like many others that Jesus came to modify later.

Also during the era of the first testament Levirate marriages were acceptable unto the Hebrew tribe, this custom keeps the wife in the family rather than rendering her useless if she lose her husband.

It was his duty to perform that right to his brothers wife. He knew about this. Even in our present day Nigeria such marriages occurs.

Peace be unto you.

HRH OBI 1.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:18am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:

Please take note of the statement below ;

'His father Judah told him to fulfill his duty to his brother by entering into a levirate marriage with his brother's widow'. A first Testament law like many others that Jesus came to modify later.

Also during the era of the first testament Levirate marriages were acceptable unto the Hebrew tribe, this custom keeps the wife in the family rather than rendering her useless if she lose her husband.

It was his duty to perform that right to his brothers wife. He knew about this. Even in our present day Nigeria such marriages occurs.

Just asking......

Since you imply that a law was changed midway, to wit- the n we testament t as a sequel to the old testament...... Do you further advance that the goalpost was shifted midway also??
As its still Jehovah who gave the old laws.... And you say Jesus came and modified the old laws and set down new ones.....
Do you further imply a changing standard??

I'm always curious.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by lonelydora: 6:19am On Mar 06, 2016
Fact
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by lonelydora: 6:22am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

As expected always in this current conventional modern day Christianity; which is simply all about enriching the pastors at the expense of the gullible sheeple followers.
Brotherly..... I left that whole tithe and offering kind of thinking a long time ago.
Pastors carefully choose what they preach and cherry pick at portions that advance their quest for enrichment.
This issue can't be over flogged......

Same here. I will start taking pastors serious when they start preaching from the book of "Songs of Solomon" and Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 (the passage where they told us other options of spending tithe).

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:25am On Mar 06, 2016
lonelydora:

Same here. I will start taking pastors serious when they start preaching from the book of "Songs of Solomon" and Deuteronomy (the passage where they told us other options of spending tithe).

Lol

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 6:29am On Mar 06, 2016
I think you should go read the passage in the Bible and stop relying on a meme. The guy up there has said it all. Stop looking for excuse to justify your not serving God.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by myfantasies(f): 6:32am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:
Lol...

Yeah it's a fantastic story if you take the time to study it urself.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:36am On Mar 06, 2016
myfantasies:
Yeah it's a fantastic story if you take the time to study it urself.

I fear that you might have misrepresented me by misunderstanding what I meant by fantastic stories.
Simply put..... The Bible, as much as I regard it as a profound collection of wisdom and deep truths, is very much filled with legends and fantastic(apparently magical) concepts which bemuses the rational mind.

Have you studied in detail the Bible??
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Flexherbal(m): 6:37am On Mar 06, 2016
Equity is better as a christian.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:42am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:
I think you should go read the passage in the Bible and stop relying on a meme. The guy up there has said it all. Stop looking for excuse to justify your not serving God.

There are lots of inaccuracies within the Bible. Hence we cannot, nobody can actually say the bible is totally inerrant.

Have you ever wondered why pastors cherry pick verses in explaining the Bible?
I'd give you an example.....

If I were to ask you your biblical basis for tithing, I assume you might jump to the usual Mal 3...
Reason being, pastors would hardly ever talk about or mention the other portions of the Bible where tithing is expressly stated, simply because its counterproductive and not in tandem with the beneficial mannerisms its put across to other church members

Let me give you a teaser....

Read up Deuteronomy 14: 22-29.

Cheers.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by princy80(m): 6:42am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:
After Onan's brother Er dies, his father Judah told him to fulfill his duty to his brother by entering into a levirate marriage with his brother's widow Tamar to give her offspring.
Religion professor Tikva Frymer-Kensky has pointed out the economic repercussions of a levirate marriage: any son born to Tamar would be deemed the heir of the deceased Er, and able to claim the firstborn's double share of inheritance. However, if Er were childless, Onan would have inherited as the oldest
surviving son.[3]
When Onan had sex with Tamar, he withdrew before climax[4] and "spilled his seed [or semen] on the ground", since any child born would not legally be considered his heir.[5] The next statement in the bible says that Onan did evil and that God slew him.[6]
Now, if Onan had rejected the idea of sleeping with his brothers wife initially, I think God wouldn't have been angry at him. But he rather enjoyed the sex and ejaculated on the floor to avoid her getting pregnant. His motive was to enjoy the sex and still remain the surviving Son of their father and thereby inheriting everything for himself.
So he tried to play smart, and got slewed by God. Also remember this happened in the first testament, the book of Genesis to be precise.
Peace be unto you.
HRH OBI 1.
GOD bless your father.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 6:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

There are lots of inaccuracies within the Bible. Hence we cannot, nobody can actually say the bible is totally inerrant.

Have you ever wondered why pastors cherry pick verses in explaining the Bible?
I'd give you an example.....

If I were to ask you your biblical basis for tithing, I assume you might jump to the usual Mal 3...
Reason being, pastors would hardly ever talk about or mention the other portions of the Bible where tithing is expressly stated, simply because its counterproductive and not in tandem with the beneficial mannerisms its put across to other church members

Let me give you a teaser....

Read up Deuteronomy 14: 22-29.

Cheers.
Let me announce something to you, am a staunch follower of Christ and I don't just listen to What the pastor says but I study and meditate on the words in the Bible by myself.Thanks for the teasers. Cheers!
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:55am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

Let me announce something to you, am a staunch follower of Christ and I don't just listen to What the pastor says but I study and meditate on the words in the Bible by myself.Thanks for the teasers. Cheers!

You clearly state that you don't listen to what the pastor says.
That's not very true if you ask me....
I'm certain that you'd go to a church service this morning.
Won't you listen to the pastor there??

On a more serious note....
I'd love your interpretation on the passage quoted therein.

Cheers.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 6:55am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

Just asking......

Since you imply that a law was changed midway, to wit- the n we testament t as a sequel to the old testament...... Do you further advance that the goalpost was shifted midway also??
As its still Jehovah who gave the old laws.... And you say Jesus came and modified the old laws and set down new ones.....
Do you further imply a changing standard??

I'm always curious.
When Jesus came he didn't set a new law rather he brought grace and through grace did forgiveness and salvation come.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by losak9111(m): 6:56am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:

surviving son.[3]

Peace be unto you.

HRH OBI 1.
Thank u bros
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 6:58am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

When Jesus came he didn't set a new law rather he brought grace and through grace did forgiveness and salvation come.

That doesn't change the fact that the goalpost was shifted midway.
The criteria for salvation in the old testament and in the new testament differs.
Its clear....

Would you then contend that there hasn't been a CHANGE?
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 7:01am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

You clearly state that you don't listen to what the pastor says.
That's not very true if you ask me....
I'm certain that you'd go to a church service this morning.
Won't you listen to the pastor there??

On a more serious note....
I'd love your interpretation on the passage quoted therein.

Cheers.
Mr stop confusing yourself, I said and I quote "I don't just" meaning I don't only listen to my pastor but I study my Bible myself. So I haven't stated it anywhere that I don't listen to my pastor's preaching . wink
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 7:02am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

The criteria for salvation in the old testament and in the new testament differs.
Its clear....

Where did you see salvation in the old testament?
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 7:02am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

Mr stop confusing yourself, I said and I quote "I don't just" meaning I don't only listen to my pastor but I study my Bible myself. So I haven't stated it anywhere that I don't listen to my pastor's preaching . wink

Address my concerns and interprete the passage.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2016
lonelydora:

Same here. I will start taking pastors serious when they start preaching from the book of "Songs of Solomon" and Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 (the passage where they told us other options of spending tithe).
No one is asking you to take your pastors Seriously, take God Seriously.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by princy80(m): 7:05am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

Its clear....
what is the goalpost here?
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 7:06am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

Where did you see salvation in the old testament?

There was remission of sins by blood sacrifices done by the high priest.
What else would you regard as salvation, if not the remission of sins and being made wholesome and pure....
This is enshrined in the old testament. Clearly written and explained.

This was what was required to be made right with God as at then. Coming down to the new testament, there comes Jesus and the salvific concept of the cross.

Would you then say there hasn't been a change
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 7:07am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

No one is asking you to take your pastors Seriously, take God Seriously.

I ask clearly....

What does God say about this?
Kindly address it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2021 Prophecies By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin / 3 Anti-gay Pastors That Turned Out O Be Homosexuals / Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.